Elder Scrolls Lore Thread

Who do you support in the civil war? Does it depend on what kind of character you roleplay or do you always go with one side, because you are convinced they are right?

Other urls found in this thread:

rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10547
rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/266?tab=files
rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3858
rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/14084
rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2388?tab=files
rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6194
rd.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46199
darkcreations.org/oscuros-oblivion-overhaul/wiki/Readme
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/top/
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46199/
rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1473
rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4881
nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1525/
nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8850
rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1368
nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1763
nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/14512
imperial-library.info/content/shor-son-shor-full
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It doesn't matter. There is no reason to give a shit.

Wait, you could negotiate peace between the Stormcloaks and Empire?

it's part of the mainstory line. Solidifying the fact that picking a side is pointless other than RP reasons.

It's still fun to talk, speculate and argue with other people about stuff like that though.

MAGApede or Neverdrumpf?

greyskins and snowniggers btfo

I agree. It is without a doubt a pointless decision but it's interesting to see the reasoning behind your decision and discuss. I usually try a different side each play through and both side's motives I can get behind.
fighting for the freedom to worship Talos and drive out the Aldmeri Dominion
empire knows not to fuck with the Aldmeri Dominion and just play ball until they can gather strength to take on the Aldmeri Domion

What the fuck is this, facebook?

The main quest is about saving all of existence and it is still super hard to give a shit about it.

Temporarily, it is the only quest that recognizes that saving the entire world is more important.

Despite saving the entire world, you do not gain political power to force a third option despite essentially proving Talos' divinity.

fuck elves and fuck bethesda

The Empire is holding them back. They gave up as soon as the Dominion reached White Gold even though the other provinces were still ready to throw down. To add insult to injury they still let the damn elves deactivate the tower, meaning that they only surrendered to protect their precious property and not avert the unmaking of the world.
If you reunite Skyrim under Ulfric you undo what has deactivated the Snow-tower and prevent it from being deactivated in the future, making what has been sundered whole, giving it a king, and stopping the bleeding of the land. If Skyrim stays under Empire occupation the elves are going to continue waving their dicks around in the region and sticking their noses into places they shouldn't be. Given how zealous they are in rooting out shrines of Talos in the middle of nowhere and diving into long forgotten ruins just to destroy artifacts and fuck with Nordic heritage, it won't be long until they are knocking on the Greybeards' door to capture their dragon and deactivate the Snow-tower.

What snow tower are you talking about?

The Mountain, it is the Tower of the Snow Elves. It's keystone was time, which was broken when the Nords used an Elder Scroll to send Alduin to the future.

wat

But the third option is negotiating a peace, where Skyrim becomes independent but an ally to the Empire. That way it works for everyone but the Thalmor, who wish Skyrim to be in constant turmoil.

You do that by winning the civil war.
You can't negotiate Skyrim independence, only a truce.

btw the pic in the OP is OC, I made it
rate

Imperials
Romans > Vikings

Haven't you read the OP picture?

Barely legible/10

zoom in, nigger

Imperials are a mistake.

I've never given it much thought before, but does that whole civil war seem somewhat out of place, large-plotwise? I mean, the major thing people always bring up is the Empire supposedly giving in to the Aldmeri, but the game takes place in a vassal state that's actively rebelling. I understand that Oblivion just did Cyrodill, but it seems like it'd make much more sense to place this plot there rather than in Skyrim.

Backing the 'barely legible' rating.

I worked hard on it. :(

What the fuck?

it's ok

How awful is pic related?
Is it literally just WoW with a TES skin or does it do anything special?

I'm looking for something where the quests aren't all "kill 10 X" or "find 20 Y" and where the endgame isn't exclusively about grinding the same 5 raids to get better gear

i just like to kill imperials and stormcloacks alike so it doesn't really matter which side i support.
if given the choice i would side with the falmers

yes

Not hard enough.

What the fuck is this? Have we really been overrun this much by Reddit already? All of you, you have to go back.

Accept it nig, post dwemer falmer are the true choice for user
1. both of them are unshapely wretches.
2. they never venture out of their dominions if not faced with extreme necessity.
3. both enjoy autistic hobbies (posting in imageboards is to anons what making furniture out of mutated cockroaches is to falmers).
4. they work best when only dealing with their own disgusting kind.
5. both are sickly pale white

Sorry, but I can't support a race which has no qt women.

TES VI when? It's been far too long already. Hopefully Todd will bring back MK as the lead writer and Morrowind's UI. All I know is he still collaborated with MK back in Skyrim but he was more of a supervisor than an actual writer.

What the fuck is what?

Skyrim's Alduin is a shitty early/failed incarnation. Actual Alduin who will appear at the end times is eldritch tier impossible to stop. Skyrim isn't this grand story about saving reality. Its about Akatosh patching a bug.

Stop. Lets talk actually interesting TES lore.

Ever since that one book writer decided to write argonians this way, I just came to dislike them. That is too much of a an argonian wank and is dangerously furry (or I guess scalie).
I am still mad about how that one book writer made up those events and the devs had to accept them as canon.
I was mad on the betheda forum, before skyrim released and am still mad today.

Pleb. It was kinda of a wank but considering they started from rock-bottom everything would appear so. Vvardenfell being fucked up has nothing to do with it.
Dumbner a shit

I would like it, if I could actually play as the winged Argonians or huge ones and not the type you probably play as they themselves send to Morrowind to be enslaved, because they are degenerate rejects.

Can't help you with that. Blame Todd.

Btw on the bethesda forums, when Skyrim came out I created a few mixed race threads, because a bug allowed you to mix 2 races together.

Is that still possible? That was kinda fun. I liked to roleplay as Jagar Tharn 2.0, who was created by a gangbang of like 4 different races.

The reappearing and constant TES threads derailed or dominated by Skyrim faggots makes me think there is a refugee invasion on Holla Forums…

No idea, I'm just re-installing the sex mods. Its actually quite the coincidence this thread popped up right now.

You don't need a mod to mix the races actually.
But I just looked it up and it seems like I was too excited. There are some fun combinations, but most of the stuff just results in nothing interesting.

White text on white background/10

We had a morrowind thread some days ago and unless future games aren't tainted with faggotry then i don't see why other tamriel zones should not be discussed about.

What fucking lore? It has less lore than games without stories like Dark Souls or Quake.

The games are just made up with a bunch of unrelated quests, making the world of elder scrolls disjointed and unconnected. You cannot have lore without cohesion. Even the quests themed to the skyrim war aren't even joined in a grander narrative.

Your first and only TES game is Skyrim, isn't it?

This is bait but I agree with it
what's going on

And especially after picrelated.

Yeah, you would be right if it wasn't be derailed and fucked up by Skyrim fag redditors!!!!

How do i make this piece of shit perform better?

what are you specs?

Optimization mods, turn off graphical effects you don't want / cant notice.

it doesn't matter if MK is a fag, he's always been one. All that matters is he's the only nigger that actually gets the lore and makes it work.

Name the ones available for special cuckdition.

Y-you bought (i hope you pirated) the special edition? And you have guts to come here and talk about it?

The Infernal City cause more damage to TES than Oblivion ever could, few people realize that.

Well, it performs better than legendary, but the sacrifices i have to make for good fps are still extra ordinary.

Did Morrowind and Oblivion featured such serious choices as the one you could take in Daggerfall (who will you give the totem to) and Skyrim (Civil War and Blades vs Greybeards)?
For some crazy reason Bethesda made that stupid "Warp of the West" and introduced Dragon Breaks as a way of allowing conflicting canons to coexist.

When TES6 comes out, will they make both the Empire and the Stormcloaks to both win the civil war?
Or will they cop out as Blizzard did when retconning WarCraft 1 & 2, by making Orcs & Humans campaigns to coexist in sequential order? (Orcs were about to kill the human king during a big raid but at the last moment they were betrayed and humans obliterated them).

you can negotiate peace with the stormcloaks and imperials, that will probably be how they do it.

TES6 may be based in valenwood and story about Thalmor's cruelty still didn't end. It is going to be about conflict between wood elves and high elves, manlet elves and chad elves.

You can negotiate a temporary truce to allow Whiterun to join the Empire. That's hardly "peace".

Oblivion is unironically the best Elder Scrolls. Prove me wrong.

On the plus side, there is some good degree of implementation of TES gameplay except, you know, actually functional, but the constant post-skyshit shit lore bogs everything down.

Also, not paying that kind of money at all for this sort of thing.

Bandits in daedric armor

they're all equally shit for different reasons

Two words
Speechcraft minigame

Why this anime girl has a mustache?

I'm sorry but all my money has to go into swords and weapons because the ones I have CONSTANTLY BREAK

Don't think thats a girl breh.

Remember you still trapped on this plane, just turn into a super LARPer with real skills and powers.

I am actually playing oblivion right now, and I was wondering why it seems so fucking hard all the time. I never feel like I can catch up in damage / health pool / armor. NOTHING takes damage.

You can't even play 90% of that in TES.

The secret to oblivion on middle difficulty slider is simple:
But most importantly:

Stormcloaks because they're ethnic nats. Impcucks are civic nat idiots.

Stormcloaks also have argonian slaves and have a refugee district for dark elves. They are civic as fuck.

I was just chalking it up to the fact I am playing a custom Melee/Spellcaster class, but now I guess it makes more sense.

You can actually fool the system!
1.) Pick major skills which you wont use
2.) Pick secondary skills which you rarely will use
3.) Use the skills which you didn't picked
4.) Level them up,
5.) When you get enough point to get the max multiplier (5x) level up the major skills and your character too
6.) Now you way more powerful than the auto-leveled mob and broke the artifical difficulty
7.) Do the cake walk!

That show really is trash.

Do you mean Crash wise or FPS? I struggle with neither on a 1060 with this mod: rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10547

If you want to start Modding I would get this for mod management and get this Unofficial Patch:rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/266?tab=files
and These optimized textures to use less Vram: rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3858
Optimization Mod: rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/14084
and Low res Particles for fps boost: rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2388?tab=files

Its not exactly bad tactic. The only way to deal damage is boosting weapon and spell damage, and lowering your own health (because the more you yourself have health, the more health enemies will have). So level up that damned destruction magic, get most powerful spells in it, and get best prized weapons on high level quests, by waiting for certain level to get them (like umbra sword is only useful if you're above lvl 60).

Wew, you actually gave me some interesting links, thank you user.

Sorry Get this Mod Manager:
rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6194

I haven't put any points into endurance yet. I basically just use both my mana pool / fatigue to nuke down whatever is in my way.

No Problem What are you specs if you don't mind me asking Skyrim se is honestly Bethesda's most stable game released and I haven't had crashes Unless I fucked something with Meshe mods or something else egregious.

1050 ti, 8 gb ram, Core2Quad 2 Q9300 2.50ghz
Cheap machine to be quite honest. Handles witcher 3 though.

I did the same mistake on my first run
I had to take a seat and read about how the whole world levels up with me… but they level up in a good way (+5 to their attributes) while I was only adding only +1 because I was going so fast I didn't got to use my skills.
Started levelling up slower and the game eventually became manageable.

Its easier to just install OOO even if you intend to play vanilla oblivion. Or else you will just stuck simply because you love to rp so much instead of following the game's leveling rules.

IMO OOO add too much shit, all I want is just a leveled list edit.

Ok Not bad You can probably handle 2k texture mods if you want to. God Rays seems to be the biggest drain on performance as well if you get rid of anything that should be first.

Because Todd and team are retards who don't want to be making RPGs. Get OOO (Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul) and Realistic Leveling (or any level cap mod) and be done with Oblivion's shit.

They still have that 20 year old Aldmer queen around?

Actually this guide on sse fixes page you linked fixed my unplayable falktreach fps by fuckton. Almost magical.

Can you spoonfeed me where to get this?
I offer a thirsty loli in exchange.

rd.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46199

I loved Skyrim when it came out because it was my first rpg besides Pokémon and a few other handheld jrpgs, but looking back on it after getting into real rpgs tabletop is the only real rpg, there's so many missed opportunities.
Like, why isn't there a quest where you walk into Solitude and use your speech skill to stop the execution then defend Roggvir in trial?
I'm terrified of the rapid advancement of AI but at least for a couple years in between their invention and the world getting destroyed there should be a super good vidya rpgs that are actually as limitless as real rpgs for the first time.

Yea, thats where duckduckgo sent me, but the site looked like of sketchy so I didn't download it.

Is this going to break my current game? Will I have to start over?

So, did any of you already played through beyond bruma?

Yes, you will have to start over.

And you're not fixing that shit yourself?

Nexus mods is the least sketchy modding sight you can get right now.

It requires account creation…. thats the hallmark of datamining.

They require account creation because they have premium membership which allows you to download with speed above default 1mb/s.

Nips love TES and skyrim, believe it or not. I once seen an oblivion doujin saying that oblivion has the best tits and asses in video games.

The list of changes OOO makes are kind of intimidating:
darkcreations.org/oscuros-oblivion-overhaul/wiki/Readme

I just wanted to use Better Cities but it kept with the latest versions. It wasn't compatible with the Unique Landscapes either.

Welcome to the wonderful world of modding.
Check nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/top/ to see if anything calls your attention.
Summary:
1- Yes, SOME mods can break your game. Most (98%) won't. They usually explain it in the mod description. If disaster happens, you just uninstall the mod and reload a previous clean game.
As for OOO: nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46199/

2- Mods change and add stuff of the vanilla game. To keep track of everything it's very handy to use a Mod manager. They allow you to keep track of everything you've installed and you can quickly install or unistall it without having to personally keep track of anything. They are so mainstream in the mod community that some mods are only made to be used with Mod Managers. No, I have no idea which one is better, the one I liked before has been discontinued and is no longer recommended.
3- Nexus is just a place where modders converged. They will probably be shut down when Bethesda goes full paid mods. I believe logging is is obligatory for downloading big files because leeching.
4- Most mods just change/add a couple of things. Some are so invasive they make the game into something completely new, i.e. it's no longer about Tamriel nor the Oblivion Crisis.

You couldn't be more wrong, fag. Everyone knows the best Elder Scrolls game is Breath of the Wild:^).

Just make a bogus mail (gmx.com is the one I use for stuff I don't trust).
Beware of the password, though. They once warned everyone of a internal leak and asked every user to not only change their passwords there, but if they used the same passwords elsewhere then go change it elsewhere.

Hahaha oh god, I remember for 6 months while I was keeping tabs on this game when it first came out people bitched because of unkillable kings or some shit.
Which are basically one player of each faction being made king or something.
It made them insanely strong to the point where with the right gear they could heal past anything.
Even with 100+ people all attacking him he could just run around targeting highest dps and heal through it all. On top of that other kings couldn't kill each other either.
Such a shitshow.

Every Argonian that works outside of the blackmarsh is a spy, the only exception being Argonians who have never had Hist sap, but to Argonians who have they're not viewed as actual Argonians.

The Hist are close to an eldritch being they don't think on ways that are similar to ours, they don't care if their people are enslaved, they don't mind invasion because no one can actually travel through black marsh, they just dislike population rising to high of other species, where then they make super aids happen or when Deadra thinks they're hot shit

I just got around to doing the Civil War questline for the first time ever. For what's supposed to be the "B plot" of the game, it's incredibly boring and tedious and by the time I got to the end I was just wishing for it to be over. I can see why this topic gets so much flak now.

I support the extermination of all nonhuman species from Tamriel. This is easy to sell, because even normalfags can comprehend that they're entirely different species. Keep some elves for sex slaves (they don't die and can't get pregnant) and boom, you have yourself a better world.

The breton mutt race says hi…

What are some good gameplay mods for Skyrim if I want to make a punch-person?

None. You can't fix the combat.

fug

The best combat i've been able to get is with these mods installed in this order:
Modern Brawl Bug Fix rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1473
Mortal Enemies SE rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4881
Combat Evolved nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1525/
Deadly Combat nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8850
Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1368
No BS AI Projectile Dodge nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1763
Dodge Mod SE nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/14512

Get something to lower the arrow damage though because those will 1 shot you with difficulty up due to the way skyrim was made archery is way over powered.

Could you direct me to the sources for these. I'd like to look more into depth at this.

Doesn't help, combat is still shit.
t.tried most of them

What kind of character do you play? I play a 2 handed with with some magic kind of like a pyromancer in dark souls and with that set up dodges matter as does blocking and other things.

Fuck if I have anything specific. But in games where I can I pick mid to heavy armors (depending on the cool factor) with the biggest fucking two-handed sword I can find. Like Elite knight armor and Zweihander.

Damn I thought you would like that then because its as close to dark souls combat in Skyrim as I could get (which was what I was going for) I play skyrim in 1st person exclusively though 3rd person any modern Bethesda game kinda sucks to me.

Souls combat is a terrible and slow meme that needs to die.

Nioh created a better version of souls combat. And ds3 was total shit. So its already dead.

DaS1's combat was fine.

Heavy armor is not an option so no, it's not fine. Too many iframes.

what?
Its like you combined a bunch of words together to form a point you thought I would by because it uses terms related to Iframes.
You have I frames during rolls, heavy armor unless you dump into endurance increases decreases I frames, getting hit during key parts of a roll increase damage by 20%, this increased at certain points of encumbrance.

If you're talking about poise, that's the reward for making a character able to wear heavy armor, and Havel Poise was patched.
I don't think you played DaS or if you did not for long.

Jesus christ….

Not exactly, it's only dependent on your level. So if destruction or blade are your major skills and you level only them you'll still gain levels, and so will your enemies.

Cyrodiil was so fucking cool before Oblivion. I hope Project Tamriel gets finished in my life time.

Have you learned nothing these past 16 years

I want to visit it.

See that island?
You can sail to it.

You can actually..

You'll notice this still applies to stronger countries to this day. It's a "come at me bro" kind of deal.

Moscow and Washington are not dead center in their landmass. Neither is Beijing.

Worst Korea is the only one suffering from this kind of bluffing.

Also, good for trading.

So long as you have sufficient autism to figure out how to install everything so that it works and doesn't bug out left and right, Skyrim with mods is the best eroge, partially thanks to nips making some of the finest lewd mods out there.

Haven't seen a single lewd nip mod.

You playing with me or what

Someone please fire Emil Pagliarulo and hire this guy.

Holy fuck impact was a mistake.

Are you saying those are nip made mods?

Laughs towards your crater.

That's the best part of the lore, Dagoth Ur did nothing wrong.

Dagoth Ur was spreading his will through mind control and a horrible disease. He was doing plenty wrong.

Its a divine blessing, from a being that is the opposite of the sleeping god head, and he's taking revenge on the Tribunal for killing the Nerevere.

Now hold on just one moment there buddy Dagoth Ur is one of the most loyal and moral people in Morrowind. Let's go through the list
Motherfucker was loyal, honorable, daring, and achieved the unique by achieving anti-chim. He wanted to save his people from what he saw as their exploiters, the tribunal weaving lies to keep them docile and collaborating with a foreign empire.

Shame he became the Anti-Chim unaware of what he was actually doing the universe by misreading the understanding of his place in it and thus became a threat to all life, you could've been bros again.

But there is no life in TES, nothing exists, nothing will ever exist. In the end everything will end because the dream finally stops and another dream will form.

What can you speak up? I can't hear you over all these planet destroying punches I'm doing because I'm the strongest fucker in the universe.

If you're not part of the cult, it turns you into cancer zombie. If you are part of the cult, you become a tentacle-faced monstrosity with sanity issues. Neither seem to be a good thing.

Remind me how invading and conquering all of Tamriel is part of taking revenge on the Tribunal?

The road to hell is paved with the best intentions. He went crazy and falsely believed he was doing the whole world a favor by turning them all into a monstrous part of himself. He also betrayed Nerevar's trust by messing with the tools, in the first place, when Nerevar left to go get the rest of his buds. And, for being so "loyal", he didn't even give the Nerevarine a chance to join him.

Stop being such a nihilist.

Stop shitposting on Holla Forums, Numidium.

The dream is plenty real, just because its the in the mind of god doesn't mean it doesn't exist, if it doesn't exist then people from the dream would never be able to become the next sleeping god like what happened with two brothers over the death of their mutual lover.

It never reach tamriel it was for the moment only on vardenfel.

You're preaching to Talos cucks brother. They won't listen.

What the fuck do you think Akulakhan was for? What do you think the Ghost Fence was doing? Corprus was contained on Vvardenfel because the Ghost Fence was keeping Red Mountain quarantined. Ur was building Akulakhan as a weapon to invade the rest of Tamriel.

Are you retarded? Ghost fence was a small perimeter around Red mountain, the plot was Corprus was circumventing it because of cliff racers.

The only non-asshole gods are the Nine, and even that's a stretch, at times. The Daedric Princes are all self-centered ego-ists, and, while the Tribunal started out not being assholes, aside from how they became gods in the first place, they all became asshole gods by the time Morrowind starts.

And it had only just barely started spreading outside the Fence by the time Nerevarine arrived at Seyda Neen. There's, what, one infected egg mine and a few cult bases outside the Fence? While the game didn't do a good job showing it, it was just about panic time. That's why Vivec was suddenly willing to indulge a supposed Incarnate, true or not. That's why Dreamers started popping up everywhere. That's why you started getting disturbing dreams about Dagoth Ur. Things were about to go to shit, and you stopped it just in time.

How long before the niggers swordsmanship so hard they nuke tamriel? If such a thing was even possible can you create nukes from other skills? Could the orsimer create nuke swords ala HoMM? How long before the bosmer lose their glamor entirely and get fucking purged like they goddamn deserve? When are the Argonians going to prove the greatest antagonists on the continent? What the fuck is going on over in Akabur? Would the other continents have their own towers or is Tamriel just extra special?

CODA MAKES IT CANON

They came from somewhere they had completely shat up, how long before the shitting of tamriel? Some fucking Dindu is gonna ooga booga his way into white gold tower and use the elder scrolls as toilet paper or some shit you fucking know it.

The Nine aren't even benevolent, really, they act in self-interest just as much as the Daedra do. The only reason the Aedra give a shit about mortals and the mundus is because if those get fucked then they do as well because they make up the physical properties of the material world (and I use the word material very hesitantly here seeing as how it's a dream).

I'm not sure if the redguards even have any swordsman left that would be strong enough to do that let alone two that would have to fight.

You realize they live in a jungle and eat each other right?

Bosmer don't get enough hate, everyone seems to forget about them.

I think that's because the most recent game didn't really do anything with them. Morrowind had Fargoth and Gaenor, plus the fact the race had annoying voices. Oblivion had the adoring fan and that one paranoid fucker in Skingrad. Skyrim doesn't really have any notably crazy or annoying Bosmer.

Skyrim doesn't have any really memorable characters. The only one that people can ever name is the dragon that lives on top of the throat of the world and he only has a handful of lines of dialogue. Skyrim is absolute shit. It's funny that a game like Morrowind, where the characters are basically just shitty chatroom bots, has more memorable characters than the fully-voiced, unkillable NPCs of Skyrim. Like, Fargoth is such an inconsequential character but everyone remembers him because he's an annoying weasel who owes money all over town and hides his debts in a fucking tree trunk.

Elder Scrolls 6 will be Fallout 4 with swords.

Fallout 4 is already Skyrim with guns, so of course Skyrim 2 will be Skyrim without guns.

I thought Miraak was pretty memorable. Neloth was, too, but he was ripped straight from Morrowind, so he hardly counts.

reminder that the special edition was granted for free on Steam to everyone owning skyrim+dlcs

It doesnt have the script extender, it still looks like shit despite its "overhauled graphics" and runs like absolute shit while not having a 10th of the mods.
Why would you even want to play this instead of the original.
Why would you want to play Skyrim for that matter?

That implies you bought Skyrim and all the dlcs. You really think that's better?

It's a free country.

Dagoth Ur is a faggot and probably sithis 2

lol what, Sithis is the brother of the sleeping god who represents death and stasis and the original state of the world before the Sleeping God Head dream a new world to deny the death of his lover.

Are you talking about skyrim? Are you new or just shitposting?

Now I know you're shitposting

Hey fags would you reccomend using a Sxith House mod for a babys first Morrowind mod? Like is it cut content tier or just fan made shit that I should wait to install or playthrough two?

What? Sithis is Padomay, who is the agent of change and chaos in the current dream. Anu is stasis.

What the fuck are you doing?

hey I'm asking, i have MGEXE

The answer is no. You were never intended to be able to join the Sixth House.

That was retarded, neat in concept, but still didn't make sense. The games make it a point to separate "magic" that you use in game from stuff like the Voice, what the Dwemer did, or that shit. It would have been far more sensible where crazy mages accidentally fucked their continent with necromantic practices killing everything and spawning hordes of undead, or they tried to be lazy and make zombies/skellies do all the manual labor and ended up with a similar situation.

Character is more than dialog, which is what a lot of people seem to forget. I always remember that one woman, something Half-Troll, that had a house that looked like she went on a rampage or was insanely paranoid. I don't remember her being part of anything, just that for some reason they decided to have a woman have this torn up house. Also because I always used her and a bosmer guard in Tribunal to level up persuasion by hitting on them. The bosmer guard ended up pissing me off because of that annoying voice doing cheesy one liners whenever I passed her by.

Redguards' distrust of magic isn't from the fact Yokuda got nuked. They initially saw it as weak and shameful, as their culture valued physical strength and skill, especially with a blade. That eventually grew into a distrust of mages in general.

My mistake then.

Nah m8, the creator of that and many other mods just types moonrunes for fun and is only pretending to be shit at english. What the fuck do you think?

Just in fucking Nexus alone you'll find quite a few mods whose descriptions are google translated from nip, most good animation mods are made by them too. Nips aren't used to open world walking simulators like we are and if there's a mod kit to go along with, they let their autism shine and seven blessings to them for that.

What suite of mods make for a good playthrough instead of just screenshot bait?

So none.

script extender is out

Wew lad now wait for the 7 years of mods worth to be ported. Not to mention that those who adapted their mods to work without it now can't work with it and causes the game to go nuclear.

He didn't say Skyrim though.

You and me both know that Skyrim's gameplay is pretty shit and screenshots are the main thing it's got going for it. You can swap around what perks do, amp up the magic and all that, but for a large part the gameplay is still about whacking things that may or may not bug out in the environment until they die. Try SPERG perk mod as it's pretty lightweight, but changes the way a large part of the game works, mainly the fact that you don't have to grind skills like an autist only to spend perk points on basic stuff - the mainline perks are added automatically, allowing you to actually go for flavour shit.

Ultimate Combat and its spinoffs made by a nip (also made Enhanced Character Edit but that's for waifumaking not combat)
Pretty Animations with its myriad spinoffs made by a chink

I've spoonfed you enough, just find a fucking mod guide goddamn

Don't remind me.

An alpha of it is out, and a lot of ported mods haven't been updated to use it.

I dont suppot anyone, I just show up where theres fighting, kill whoever is left standing, and loot all the bodies. War is profifable.

Choose wisely

khajiit.

Tell me about the falmer princess. Why does she wear the mask?

Where's the sload princess?

Well this brings back traumatic memories

wew

The Voice, the Dwemer's tonal architecture and the Redguards' sword-singing are all related as they fuck with the very nature of the "reality" of the dream(Skyrim depicted this incredibly poorly with it's dragon shouts). Notice how they all involve sound in some way, there's something about weird metaphysical sound that is crucial to the way the universe works. Kirkbride might be a drunk stuck in a perpetual acid flashback but his explanations do make some sense sometimes.
I agree 100%, the little set-pieces around a character and even the armor they're wearing gives you a small glimpse into who they are. Divayth Fyr is a great example. In fact all the Telvanni wizards are great examples. What I'm really trying to say is Telvanni is best house

Dunmer obviously. She'd put out quickly and because of her Tribunal religion I would get to take her anal virginity

Ok, I'll go argonian maido with hist sap as free dowry, then snow white falmer and femboy ayleid, last i use flesh sculptor and sap to make me a big guy, combine with the snow prince spear so I can fight orc dad and claim orsimer princess as my final wife.

The more important question is which Daedric Prince(s) do you usually roll with?
For myself, I always find myself drawn to Hermaeus Mora.

I like the fact that people have put more thought and effort into this than the developers themselves. With well-constructed arguments and reasoning you would never have seen from the developers themselves. As for the question itself, I could give less of a fuck. The conflict doesn't interest me because I'm given no reason to give a shit.

That's what the priest says. Then, when you get to Dagoth Ur, he says

He is as indecisive as a woman and thus this is how you make him regain his senses.

I always sided with Stormcloaks…
Once I also tried to do peacetalks, but when I saw that the Stormcloaks had to give up more then the Imperials I called for war.
Some normie friend of mine asked why, and didn't understand why you would support the stormcloaks… I don't understand how you can support the imperials.

Why you little.

Yeah, because at that point the Nerevarine has declared himself his enemy by attacking Sixth House fortresses and taking the Tools of Kagrenac. He still welcomes the Nerevarine as a friend to the Heart Chamber and makes it clear he doesn't relish having to kill him, but obviously he can't trust the Nerevarine or let him leave the Heart Chamber without at least a fight. The time for offers is long past by the time you physically reach Dagoth.

only nord princess, only 1488, everything else is racemixing.

Music and sound is integral to the TES setting, and Oblivion once again is where they stopped caring. In Morrowind, you literally hear the heartbeat of the Heart of Lorkhan throughout the main theme. Oblivion's soundtrack, though beautiful does not thematically tie back into the TES setting, same with Skyrim which is just ebin viking shouts.
It also explains the strange Bells you find in every Sixth house base as that is where they attempted to screw with the fabric of reality by imitating the beating of Lorkhans heart.

Dunmer, Breton and Nord all seem like good candidates to me.
But which one to go for?

Why is Elder Scrolls and Halo the only vidya franchises to have actually attempted and succeeded at building a large EU and set of lore?

Given that games allow for player action and non-linearity, that exponentially increases the amount of lore that any given title can have, and while a number of games do use that for good worldbuilding, such as the Souls games, ES and Halo are the only ones to actually capitalize on it as key part of their franchise, speffically putting stuff out to appeal to lorefags and building on stuff.

Especially since you don't even need alinear games to do it: Halo is linear and doesn;tt allow for the same sort of internal worldbuilding ES does to ttthe same extent, yet makes up for it just by designing lore info beforehand, and then putting out EU media and designign the game's single players to interconnect with those: That's easily a viable strategy other franchises that are linear could use.

(checked)
Are there any archives of those etch-a-sketch threads?

That requires effort and why bother with effort when retards will buy something shat out in 3 months like Shadow of Morder 3: "Time to kill Sauron and take his place".

this

And if you go to him before any of that happens, not only does he still not let you join him, he specifically tells you that you are not prepared and to go get the fucking tools. And, even if you get wraithguard through the alternate quest path, meaning you've gone and killed Vivec, he still forces you to fight him. No matter what, he steers you down the path of facing him.

Meridia and occasionally Azura. Of course I usually go for a very prejudiced Battlemage. As in 'Trafficking with and fucking Daedra is fine, but necromancers get set on fire until it stops being funny'.
It never stops being funny

Wouldn't that work better for Sotha Sil and his sex bots?

Those are game limitations. The back path to getting Wraithguard would have at one point led to joining the Sixth House. Obviously that was cut from the game, so what we're left with is only one path: confrontation with Dagoth and dialogue to match. There's no point including dialogue of him offering to let you join the Sixth House if you show up unprepared because it's impossible to do so. The player has no choice but to refuse the offer he makes in his letter because of the plot. That's not Dagoth steering you down the path of facing him, it's the game.

The game says that's how he behaves, so that's canonically how he behaves. Morrowind's main quest was explicitly designed to have one ending. Dagoth Ur fails, Tamriel is saved, and the Nerevarine goes down into history. Beth clearly didn't want to have to do another Warp in the West, so they wrote the story so they didn't have to. Ur isn't the same mer he was when he was friends with Nerevar. Tampering with the Heart and experiencing his weird inverse death thing has made him more than a little nuts. He thinks he's doing his followers a favor by turning them into mutant abominations, and he's gone power hungry and wishes to conquer all of Tamriel. He's acquired quite the god complex, too. Wanting to protect his power at any cost, even if it means having to kill the reincarnation of his best friend, is consistent with his character.

Question: Which Aldimeri Dominion state would be better for a tropical jungle setting: Summerset Isle or Valenwood?

Also what if TES VI made the Nords win civil war and the empire shrinks to only Cyrodil and Morrowind has full independence?

Doesn't matter, Beth will shit up either.
Not only has that generally been what the series has been leading up to, as even Morrowind had hints of the Empire's eventual collapse, but I doubt it will really affect TESVI's plot, all that much.

WHY IMPERIAL PRINCESS IS A NIGGER?
WHY IS SHE A NIGGER?

She's tan dude

For some reason I was having a dream TESVI having a "Republic of Cyrodil" instead of an empire. After Skyrim winning their independence the Imperial Talos worshippers overthrew their cuckold emperor. And instead of picking a new dynasty the Imperials turned to democracy to vote in their lawmakers, executives, and courts. But this is modern Bethesda. They'll make your character talk and take away the role-playing.

And then they realize that there is no going back.

I can actually see Beth doing that. The DB quests in Skyrim do have you assassinate the current emperor, and Wulf said its time for something new. However, I don't see that happening with the Thalmor's current hold on the Empire. They're much more deeply rooted in Cyrodil than in Skyrim, so I don't see a rebellion doing nearly as well as Ulfric's, and even his wasn't doing all that great.

That's the point.

Only a new hero god will convince the Thalmore to leave Cyrodiil alone. That's not going to happen for a while. Unless something happens to drive Aldimeri out of the continen, something like taking over Valenwood.

The other retarded thing I can see Tom lying about is that you are the new emperor of Tamriel.

Or Numidium comes back and fucks the Thalmor up again. I'd be fine with that, as long as it doesn't make c0da actually happen.

This thread is making me want to play the series in order. Is Arena worth playing? I got the impression it wasn't but I don't remember exactly why.

Why even live?

It's nothing special. It isn't bad, but it isn't great. It doesn't contribute much to the overall series with its story, either, so the game is completely skippable. All you need to know is that imperial battlemage Jagar Tharn disguises as the emperor and takes his place, and you stop him by finding and assembling the Staff of Chaos.

None of this changes the fact that he still makes an offer to the Nerevarine to join him in good faith. Or as much "good faith" as Dagoth could have in his hunger for power and madness. That's the crux of this argument. The point about game limitations is that the Sixth House being unjoinable makes it seem like Dagoth's offer is empty, but that's just a result of the devs not wanting to deal with another Warp in the West situation, like you said. When you speak with Dagoth you can tell him you're going to finish Akulakhan and drive the Empire out, or take the power of the Heart for yourself, but the only actual option available to you is to the destroy the Heart. Likewise, there are hints at Dagoth actually allowing you to join him, but it's not actually possible. That doesn't mean his offer is moot.

I think Wulf's comments hint at the Thalmor taking over and destroying the Empire completely, only for something else to rise up and take it's place.
We'll probably see an entirely new coalition of Man and Mer forged out of full scale war on Tamriel. We'll definitely see another tower deactivated, and we're pretty much down to two assuming there's no hidden tower in Black Marsh, or that the Khajiit aren't a tower themselves with the Mane as the stone, which has been suggested. And once Tamriel is just down to Ada-Mantia the whole continent is going to shit itself.

Most of the lore apart from the main events from Arena was either dropped or retconned for the rest of the series as they fleshed the world out. It might be worth trying it for yourself to see if you like it. Daggerfall might be a better starting point.

I'm also thinking from a gameplay perspective which new region would naturally require new innovations to get around. But this is also me thinking if Bethesda is going to use some idTech. I'm thinking a tropical dinosaur rainforest like Valenwood would be the next logical step.

To get around Valenwood you have to Tarzan on trees and jump around. Athletics and Acrobatics can come back as skills with practical application. Athletics for climbing and Acrobatics for double jump and tumble. Also I expect some rennaisaunce. The demo I thought about to show off TESVI is you play a Bosmer with twin pistol grip crossbows, a grappling hook you throw, and a spear you can poke or throw. Bosmer can also grapple enemies with unarmed combat and wrestle them before retrieving spear. Blades are now finesse weapons which you can cut enemies via riposte when blocking. Blades include rapier, scimitar, daggers, and katanas actually swing like fucking katanas. Blunt weapons are "hafted" with axes, clubs, maces, and hammers. Axes can grab shields. Pole arms include quarterstaff, spear, halberd, etc. Also some weapons are better at throwing than others. The throw skill can also be used with magic spells like lava ball or alchemic splash potions and bombs. The variety of flora is naturally going to expand alchemy.

For lore: Valenwood is within the dominion but Bosmer aren't that friendly with the Altmer. Could have the goal to reactivate/builr a tower and that's how you become god emperor to make Tamriel great again.

Which are the last two towers?

You are greatly overestimating the effort and creativity Bethesda will put in the next game. Also, the player is not going to have such a significant role as becoming the next emperor of Tamriel. TES protags fade into obscurity, or, in Oblivion's case, get overwritten by an existing personality.

Imperial, together we will rule and if I am one of the PCs I'll eventually attain apotheosis after revitalizing the Empire.

heard there was an unofficial launcher for Daggerfall that has some good bug patches, is that true?
I always wanted to stick with Daggerfall in DoS but the bugs are fucking game shattering

I can't decide whether I want the Breton or Altmer princess.

Why is it seemingly just Bretons and Altmer who worship Magnus despite everything he did?

Why is Shor not part of the Nord pantheon but Talos is?

All are pretty fucking solid, but gonna go with
Spear would be nice, too.

Lads can we please discus lewd mods? Especially webm related? What are the best lewd mods and where do you get them?

no leave to /esg/ and never come back

But user, the lewds must flow.

Shor is part of the Nord pantheon, he just isn't one of the Nine.

When I upgrade my PC I'll be sure to tell you. So far I have enough lewd mods on Oblivion to make me really consider what I'm doing with my life.

Reminder that the Elder Scrolls is just a part of the Zelda Universe and thus a part of the Donkey Kong extended universe megalore

(checked)
Sounds interesting, the power of autism is great.

Neither. Humans are emotional, less intelligent, and incapable of living peacefully even with themselves. The Aldmeri Dominion seeks to subjugate them as a way to somehow rectify Human and Mer relations.

I follow the Mer Going Their Own Way movement, prefering to simply cut ties with Men entirely. They're to blame for every problem in Tamriel, and their pointless little war is just the last in a long series of petty spats.

MGTOW life.

Pic unrelated.

The Aldmeri Dominion seeks to subjugate man so they don't get in the way of unmaking creation. The Thalmor are the biggest mortal threat to Tamriel, because they're trying to hit a metaphysical undo button for the entire thing.

But lewd mods on oblivion look like ass and aren't even animated well,or at least when i tried them they were.

LOL

Sounds like some edgy hipster crap.

Am I in some bizarro world?

Yes, it's magical, you can actually enjoy/not hate something and not be tied to a specific website as a meme! I know, unbelievable!

bruh Skyrim has been made for Redditors.

I AM in a bizarro world

Great meme, friend! Ahah, I too love to say that Skyrim is bad, upvote for you my good sir!

Well, Skyrim isn't good.

I agree.

That looks like boxxy.

What would Pelinal do?

Kill all the elves.

The Stormcloaks of course. The Empire is fucked, Titus Mede II getting assassinated is canon.

I would only ever agree because the Dark Seducers in the Shivering Isles make my dick diamonds.

Ulfric is a sleeper agent of the Thalmor, though, and they were about to prevent his execution when Alduin interrupted things.

Ulfric was beneficial to the Thamlor because the Nords are strong fighters and would keep the Empire occupied until the Thalmor regained a force to fully invade the Empire. The reason why he's called an "asset" isn't because he's secretly working for the Thalmor, he's not, but him keeping the war prolonged is inherently beneficial to (((them)))

Now, with that all being said, the Empire winning would be bad for the Thalmor, but the Stormcloaks winning would be disastrous. Like any good (((chosen mer,))) the play both sides hoping neither win or get a hollow victory so them can swoop in and beat both with relative ease. So no, he's not a sleeper agent, the Thalmor do not want an independent Skyrim, it even states that in the dossier you're referencing.

The Empire just needs a Constantine Champion of Cyrodiil to reunite the provinces and Empire under military, monetary and administrator reform. The Nords a fearsome but tiny, and should continue in playing a important role in the benefit of Men, not playing into a war of attrition against the (((Mer)))

You want canonical Sheogorath to rule over Tamriel? Are you mad? Wait, of course you mad. You would feed empire with cheese all day every day.

Sorry, I misunderstood the meaning of sleeper agent. What I meant is what you said, that Ulfric is useful to them and acting in a way that benefits them, but he doesn't know it. And I disagree that an independent Skyrim would be "disastrous". Most of the soldiers on both sides of the civil war are native Nords, meaning most of Skyrim's good work force will be dead, injured, or simply exhausted. In much the same fashion, both sides are draining Skyrim's natural resources to fuel their war. And then the dragons came in and started fucking up shit more, with Skyrim being at the very center of it.

No I mean A Champion of Cyrodiil, not the corrupted one. A new Hero to reunite the Empire or destroy it

Or alternatively the Nords could conquer Highrock and LARP as the Holy Roman Empire

Well the dragons are dealt with in canon, so it's not like that matters. You have Cyrodil, Hammerfell, and Morrowind blocking passage to Skyrim for the Thalmor, but I guess the Empire would just let them through. Yeah the Thalmor could just blitz through and try to take Skyrim right after the war, but with the Stormcloaks being motivated after kicking the Empire's ass, they'd put up a good enough fight.

You know, occupying a foreign nation full of a fighting population who hate you for trying to take away their religion and culture is damn near impossible, especially when another nation (the Empire) also hates you and will take the opportunity to invade your ass the moment you look weak. So yeah, and independent would be disastrous, the Thalmor can't occupy them, assuming they beat independent Skyrim in a war. Look what happened when the Thalmor tried to invade Hammerfell, they got their asses kicked and were sent packing. I just don't see how an independent Skyrim is worse than the Empire quelling the civil war. The Empire has lost, they signed the White Gold Concordant and outlawed the worship of the Ninth Divine, their emperor is assassinated. I just don't see how that's better.

I've never been clear on the Imperial laws of succession, but iirc it seems to be a mix of the late Roman Republic and the HRE with a council electing the Emperor however the title and all its benefits are iirc laid out in the open instead of danced around like the Princeps Civitatis title Augustus held.

Cooperation and reform between all Imperial Provences. The reforms would ideally be similar to the Diocletian reforms of 297 AD

Green-Sap and Ada-Mantia.
Numidium was destroyed during the Warp in the West. Red Mountain was deactivated when Lorkhan's Heart was destroyed. White-Gold was deactivated when the Amulet of Kings was broken to let Akatosh's avatar appear, and at the same time during the Oblivion Crisis, Crystal-Like-Law was destroyed by Daedra although Crystal exists on other planes, and only the physical tower on Nirn was toppled, nothing is stated about its stone. It's possible the Thalmor deactivated the stone when they came to power or that without the tower on Nirn the stone was rendered moot. Snow-Throat was deactivated in Skyrim.

There is an Imperial festival in Magnus' honour, but the most of the other races on Tamriel, except for Redguards, are more Lorkhan-alined and therefore don't have much reverence for the guy who fled when he found out about Lorkhan's trick.

The reappearance of the Dragonborn and the slaying of Alduin could be a massive boost to morale for all Nords and even the Empire. Both sides are able to make a brief peace in order to deal with the bigger threat. It's not that big of a stretch to imagine more growing anti-Thalmor sentiment among the Empire. On the face of it, the Dragon threat appears to be bad for everyone, but could turn out to be the uniting force to bring Imperials and Nords back together, whether it be as part of the Empire or something else. The Dragonborn would be seen as a message from Akatosh and/or Talos that legitimises the strength of Man in the face of Thalmor oppression. Much like the original Covenant with Alessia against the Ayleids.

The Empire managed to push the Aldmeri Dominion back. If they hadn't there would be no Empire at all, just occupied Cyrodiil. Both sides are tacitly gearing back up for war, with the advantage in the Dominion's favour, but both sides were heavily weakened by the fighting, which is why the Thalmor are pressing every other advantage they can. The banning of Talos worship was a necessary evil as part of the Concordat, if they hadn't agreed to it the fighting would have continued and left the Dominion in a far better position than they are now, even if it came at a huge cost to take over the Imperial City. Morrowind would be unlikely to intervene unless they were being directly affected or the threat of invasion existed, Hammerfell isn't going to send armies across the Alik'r to take back Cyrodiil and High Rock and Skyrim would have no choice but to prepare for an invasion. Titus Mede II being assassinated could go either way; massive demoralisation throughout the Empire or a complete revitalisation. Someone has to take over, and the Empire is in a state of shambles. Any competent leader would immediately move to consolidate and defend Cyrodiil, and even if they merely withdraw the legions from Skyrim it could pave the way to diplomacy with an independent Skyrim. Complete reunification isn't necessary to convince the Stormcloaks that it's worth putting aside differences to attack the Dominion.

No, the Mede dynasty became Emperors when Titus Mede the 1st conquered the White-Gold tower. If Titus Mede II had any children, cousins, nephews, etc then they would be next in line. Anyways, that's why independent Skyrim is better than integration with the Empire.

I'm pretty sure Ulfric would jump on the chance to fuck over (((high elf))) scum any day. Yeah you're right about the Talos worship being needed to be in a situation where the Dominion are not as strong as they would be, but without the worship of Talos, the first emperor in the Septim Dynasty the man who created the Empire as we know it, then what the fuck is the Empire? It's meaningless, it's like when the HRE took the name Holy Roman Empire. But I agree with most of your points, I don't think the Redguards or Dunmer will join in a brawl against the Thalmor, maybe the Redguards since they were invaded once before by the Thalmor, but definitely not the Dunmer.

Remember that the Dunmer were formed out of the Velothi exodus in response to Aldmer persecution for Daedra worship. And that Boethiah made Trinimac into Malacath when he and his followers tried to stop them. They certainly wouldn't be the first to come to the defence of another province, but they still have plenty of reasons to hate the Dominion.

No, they aren't. Alduin is, but all the rest are still out and about. Paarthunax takes some to go learn the Way of the Voice, but not nearly all of them.

Of course they hate the Thalmor, but I don't think they would join the Empire's little coalition. They'd stay neutral probably.

Most of the dragons respect the Thu'um of the Dragonborn and Paarthurnax, so I doubt they'd fuck with men. Some would, but I don't think it'd be enough to really be a huge factor in an independent Skyrim. It'd be a minor factor that would affect Skyrim, the Empire, and the Thalmor if they were to invade.

The Thalmor's goals are in direct opposition to the beliefs of the Dunmer, though. It's difficult to have a life of hardship when there's no mortal life in the first place. The Dunmer are as religiously opposed to the Aldmeri Dominion as they were the Dwemer, and you know how well they and the Dwemer got along.

go into your drivers and set the lod bias to -1 or -2
They textures are just upscaled with a filter, they don't look any better and run like dogshit

This guy is right but it should be Oblivion with porn mods

shit I meant +1 or +2
that should half the texture resolution and save you some vram

Is my character edgy enough?

Cheat yourself the nightingale armor. Gotta wear all black.

I know for a fact that there is a Katana in this game, go get that.

But my character is speccing into archery only

Depends. Did his father get killed by a Alduin and getting cucked by his wife with an Argonian?

No.

Rangers are pretty edgy.

I'm not saying rangers can't be edgy, but being a ranger adds no edge. Being a ranger means being a nature lover, a "one with nature" kind of deal. As much shit as he gets for being edgy, becoming a ranger was an instance of Drizz't becoming less edgy. The edgy bow users are assassins, and they're usually more associated with daggers, anyway.

Paarthunax barely has follower and since most likely the Dragonborn is reading tentacle hentai in Apocrypha dragons will most likely be lose again. Obviously for the next game they could make dragons very high level secluded enemies of even just NPCs to interact with.

Nature is pretty edgy, mate.

ay caramba

The HRE was given legitimacy by the Pope, while the Byzantines retained a claim due to the seat in Constantinople.

And you honestly think that succession laws in Skyrim would be better? With all their feuding jarls and a possible High King in the works, what happens after Ulfric is assassinated by a resurgent Dark Brotherhood or the Thalmor? The Blades don't protect those not of the Empire even if there were any left besides the 5 or so that are able to be recruited. The most likely scenario for succession after Ulfric will be feuding jarls vying for the throne and the Nords are stubborn to accept change and change.

The Empire needs strength returned to its core to retain its provinces, and the provinces have the best chance at prosperity and military security against the Thalmor as vassals to the Imperial Crown. However I believe the best comprimise would be for the Empire to institute an elective imperial monarchy so that each province has a chance to champion a select statesman. Trouble is the series of Pax Imperia is over and after the war with the Thalmor and another one to come there absolutely has to be reform and power structured around a large and powerful opponent to the Dominion's supremacy.

The way you wrote that it makes it hard to believe we are even talking about Skyrim.

Please be patient I have /gsg/ autism

When? Besides, the Cave still hasn't been found or revealed so that makes no sense.

What if Alduin was the gem?

We're not dealing with what if scenarios, that would make no sense to argue and we'd be here till the end of the thread. No, this is from what we know what happens in Skyrim and is canon and between the Empire and Stormcloaks, which would be a better outcome for Man or even Skyrim (I'm arguing moreso what's better for Skyrim not Tamriel as a whole). That whole third paragraph is great and all and I agree with it, but are the Empire going to do it? I don't know, that's another argument that's within that What If domain.

The Dragonborn being stuck in Apocrypha is a fan theory, though one that I do like. But again, not canon either which way, so it'd be better to assume that the Dragonborn isn't stuck in Apocrypha, especially since Hermeaus Mora would probably get more use out of him being outside being his Champion than stuck in Apocrypha, but again, regardless of the outcome, dragons are still not a massive world ending threat after Alduin has been defeated.

No matter what, the Dragonborn isn't going to be around after the events of Skyrim. It's how it always goes with TES protags. They fulfill their destiny, then they disappear somewhere.

Did you not learn anything from Oblivion? The theory comes from the fact thats and easy way to get rid of the previous's game protaganist. Also Herma-Mora likes trapping people in his realm.

Again, it's pretty much irrelevant anyways. The dragons aren't a huge threat, no more than a hurricane or another non-catastrophic natural disaster.

The Moot, assuming it happens, will give Ulfric complete legitimacy. The Nords won't challenge it, since it has a traditional root in their culture which goes even further back than Talos.
All things considered, his ethnonationalist policies will cover him more than the Emperor was. The Dark Brotherhood is still in considerable decline and the Emperor's assassination was solely due to the LDB.
No, since the entire thing is fucking corrupt and worthless at this point. The guys at the bottom are just following orders, being completely fine with killing and torturing their own citizens. The guys at the top meanwhile are only thinking of their own short-term profit, as shown by a member of the fucking Elder Council having the Emperor assassinated.
No. Being a part of the Empire only leaves the at the tender mercies of the Thalmor who have free reign to kidnap, assassinate and torture anyone they want. The Legions will not only allow it, but help cover it up. And it will only lead to the Altmer seeding more and more of their spies in Skyrim; bosmer whose families have been taken hostage; khajiit too dumb to know any better etc.

Skyrim should have been allowed to secede at the onset, giving the Imperial citizens who wished to worship Talos to have a release vent and giving the Empire an ally at their back who cannot be subverted and hollowed from the inside by the Thalmor. The Empire already lacks the means to control and protect all of their provinces, as shown by the civil unrest and sackings mentioned in Cicero's journal.

Of course, Ulfric is kind of shit. But it's better to have a vigorous but slightly incompetent leader than a weary and experienced one.

Stormcloaks it is.

Kirkbride said it was a cave, so unless you're thinking of Alduin's cloaca…

I mean I know shit is stupid in TES but an actual physical entity makes much more sense than a fucking cave, I mean is there something in the cave that is the gem?
You also know Todd might have just retconned that?

Probably referencing this imperial-library.info/content/shor-son-shor-full

A hurricane can be a big deal today, and you think it isn't a big deal in a medieval world? Dragons are big, intelligent, flying, fire breathing, carnivorous, durable lizards that only permanently die if killed by a dragonborn, which there is only one of, if any at all, once Skyrim ends. They can absolutely wreck any farmland, which is a very important resource for feeding soldiers, and are a pain to take down without a powerful sorcerer, equipment developed specifically to take down dragons (which doesn't exist at the point Skyrim ends, save for Dragonsreach), or Dragon Rend, which only the LDB knows.

I said a non-catastrophic natural disaster, not huge catastrophic natural disasters that hurricanes can be. Seeing as a handful of guards can take down a dragon, yeah I don't think it's a big deal. Most of the dragons are being taught the Way of the Voice to become basically dragon monks, only a handful are still flying around being dicks. It'll only be a matter of time till they die, and with no Alduin to revive them, there's really nothing more too it.

This was never that case in the "canon" nor in-game.

In game, of course it's the case. Canon, probably not, all nords who beat dragons had the Thu'um and those who didn't have the Thu'um but also hunted dragons were specialized in doing so, aka, the Akaviri. The reason I don't mention the Blades, even though they would play some sort of a factor in helping slaying the Dragons, is because Delphine is a fucking cunt who lied to my fucking face multiple times.

b-but muh dragon break

You're greatly overestimating how many are following Paarthunax. Ohdavig says himself that most dragons aren't going to trade one tyranny for another. There's a reason you still encounter dragons at the same rate after beating the main quest, and that's because most of them are just out and fucking around.

Or Todd was too lazy to make story progression matter in the world.
And its said they follow the strongest voice, not just some monk.

Lazy coding? Game mechanics like unlocking shouts being nearly impossible to complete if there was less dragons flying around? I mean those are two of the biggest reasons I can think of that make more sense than what you're proposing.

They serve the purpose they need to but yea the animations aren't great. Doesn't mean there's any porn game like it.

Bethesda wrote the ending to justify why you can keep killing dragons and, thus, learn any words you haven't yet. They probably also plan on including dragons in the next game, because the casuals like them and Bethesda doesn't like creativity. Also, Paarthunax is potentially dead, anyway. Bethesda generally keeps vague on what choices the player character makes, so the big guy will probably have "mysteriously disappeared" by the next game.

Kirkbride's statements outside of the games should always be taken with a grain of salt. The stone of Snow-Throat could just as easily have been the Time-Wound or Alduin. And even if it was some kind of metaphysical cave, it follows that if we've seen the deactivation of towers throughout all the previous games except Arena then Snow-Throat would be deactivated too.

The Dragons that float around after the main quest are largely non-hostile, with only a handful trying to attack the Dragonborn. Even assuming the majority don't fall in behind Paarthunax there's no reason most of the remaining Dragons would start marauding.

They ruled fairly benevolently over the Nords at the start of the Dragon Cult, it was only when Alduin showed up and pushed things towards full on tyranny that they became cruel. And they start attacking again in Skyrim because a) Alduin is reviving them and telling them what to do and they bow to the strongest Voice and b) for a lot of them the Dragon War was still ongoing. Dragons might have an inherent desire for domination, but they can recognise Alduin's tyranny and they dislike it. The most likely outcome would be some dragons attempting to reassert themselves as rulers of Skyrim and revive the Dragon Cult, and then being rebuffed by the local Nords. It's possible some might even attempt to integrate themselves into the current system of government in Skyrim.

The return of the Dragonborn and Ulfric's use of the Voice would result in a massive resurgence of study and training with it. Any Nord can learn the Voice, and they used it before to kill almost all the dragons. The Dragonguard was also able to develop effective techniques for killing them without the use of the Voice. With no Alduin to revive them again or to push them towards tyranny, most of them are going to be apprehensive about risking their "lives" just to fuck up some cities and towns where they could encounter Nords who can shout right back at them. And even if they only know the most basic shouts, if you get enough together or have even one Throat they can do some serious damage. They'd probably prefer to just roost somewhere and occasionally fly around to eat some unlucky farmer's livestock.

*or collect tribute from surrounding settlements, like how the farmers give cows to giants. It's possible one or two might even respect Ulfric's Voice enough to serve him like Nafaalilargus with Tiber. Although that's pretty unlikely given the difference in power between the two, and that Nafaalilargus was one of the last of his kind at the time.

Dragons will easily fall to their hubris when it comes to your
comment.

I didn't say none of them would ever attack, I said they'd be apprehensive. It would only take two or three of them being put down to make the rest think twice before randomly attacking, and by the time Alduin is dead most Nords are going to be scrambling to learn as much of the Voice as they can. There would certainly be more danger and destruction from rogue dragons for a while, but it's not going to be a permanent state of affairs, and it's unlikely they'd go back to all out war. Dragons aren't monolithic, and even with their hubris they aren't stupid.

A NEW HAND TOUCHES THE BEACON

>>>/cuckchan/

It's a funny meme

I'm trying but my current schedule conflicts with my availability to join the SCA.

yeah, found the redditor.

Skyrim is reddit though.

nigger