Hollow Knight

Is this game good?

It's alright.

Bam, OP got an answer, thread over, check my digits.

It's okay. It's very derivative of other games in the genre so you're probably not in for a surprise.

Makes your dick wet. Check em

I don't like it
The platforming is very floaty and in a game based around combat there's no wheight to the character
Also it feels like every modern indie game being released

Its good.
Go play it.
Polite sage because this is a low effort thread

So is jumping just too floating and does it have weapon types like other Metrioidvaina games?

There's no momentum calculation at all, so all movements are at a set speed. E.g. you can't chain a dash into a longer jump, the dash just moves you a set number of pixels forward and then you move at your regular pace.
There's also a weird feeling to the jump you'll notice immediately where your character rises slowly as you hold the button longer, it makes him feel like a balloon to me.
Nope

So it lacks the momentum and fluid motions of other games like it?
So does it combat flow well despite the fact?

I didn't care for it, but a lot of people like it. The selling point is that a downward slash will make you bounce off of an enemy, that's a satisfying feeling, and they did make the bold decision to not give your initial dash any invincibility frames. It's fine, like everything else in the game, just fine.

boring as shit, but at least you can easily pirate the GOG version to find out for yourself

The combat is alright, but too simple for its own good. Even the charge attacks (which are hard as fuck to find) aren't useful because they take so long to charge. As said, the movement is very obviously done by a small team who didn't appreciate the feeling of momentum in a game, so dashing and jumping are rigid trajectories - the double jump is hard coded to dip you down a bit before rising, so if you do it close enough to the ground you can actually touch back down before going up. The core mechanics need a lot of polish.

With all this said, yes the game is very good. I played about 50 hours of it to get 100% completion and only at the very end when I accumulated too much health to worry about most enemies did I feel it became boring. While the gameplay is satisfactory, the feeling of atmosphere and exploration Hollow Knight provides is something I haven't felt in a long time. The game world is much, MUCH larger than you'd expect it to be, to the point I was discovering entirely new areas dozens of hours in. The devs also made good on their promises to release content and updates post launch, which is commendable considering how much stuff is in the base game.

There is constantly some new room to expore, or some pathway to take, and between the godlike OST, stellar art design, and wonderful writing (seriously, it's been forever since I saw a game where characters actually had voices to their dialogue), I was easily immersed in the experience of exploring a dead kingdom.

Play it and get past the first area before you make up your mind, and try getting lost once or twice; it's on GOG so it's not as though piracy is difficult.

Yep.

No it isn't user,it's just a metroidvania with a new coat of paint.put some effort into it next time.

Overrated tumblrgame with a trannybinary protagonist. Holla Forums's a hivemind so don't talk shit about it.

It's one of those games that's good enough.

at least have the decency to deny it a (you)

Holla Forums will never change.

Last time I checked, tumblr hated people calling them a "tranny".

You have to go back.

Apologies user, I just find it funny that fags ape Tumblr's nuspeak. Then again we've got kids that think it's cool to type like niggers.

it's fun.

Nothing you can do besides mock them for it, just be sure to do it in a way that angers them at least
I find (you) denial actually does a marvelous job of pissing them off as you can see

Reply to this post

Word of warning newfag the mods and the owner seem to like smug anime girls. Mock smug anime girls at your peril.

The protagonist is a golem created by the pale kike and has no gender for the same reason a robot has no gender. Stop shitposting about this in every thread.

it's on gog
download it, try it, and buy it if you like it
it's really simple in it's design, it won't take you long to find out if you'll enjoy it or not
i liked it

Modpockets haven't been exposed to real weebs yet, they think everyone who shits on them are goons because anons instead of thinking of weebs as the pejorative that it deserves to be, take it as a mark of pride
These are the people who will buy Fire Emblem Warriors, Fates and Heroes gachashit without a second thought and gladly beg for more
They ruin franchises but nobody likes to talk about it because
There's also a lot of weebs themselves that hate being called out on their shit, and the only response they have is calling their opponents "goons". I don't remember if you've seen this shit but there were people actually defending the Yakuza in the neofag collapse threads, saying shit like "A-at least they're better than other crime organizations" and one or two anons posting their anecdotal evidences and hypotheticals. At the very least they were roundly mocked but it doesn't happen often enough

I didn't know Galactus was a smug anime girl

Gameplay is alright, nothing new.
What it does right is the attention to detail, mainly talking to characters and using the dream nail with some special triggers. It's hard to list all the little touches, but it's the sort of thing where people just added stuff they cared about and thought "this would be nice"

The only thing I really hated was map's lack of detail. You get a new movement thing that allows you to progress somewhere but you might have 3 or 4 different unexplored spots and fuck if I remember what blocked me exactly. That, and when you take damage, the game freezes up which took me out of the zone and frustrating.

it's well done for its small budget

>can't save Myla
>get cucked and loathed by Bretta

Why is the game so bent on hurting the little unfeeling guy?

Pretty sure the owner only likes one.

because it fucking sucks that's why
it doesn't, just that part pisses me the fuck off.
tfw you find out Bretta is a tumblr-tier whore after all the cute fucking moments you went through
my rage will never fucking end for that
and my sadness over not being able to save Myla won't either
At least the horny ara bug doesn't have any problems afaik
Fuck the others though

Why is cuckchan here?

Yes, it's good. Gameplay is fun, visuals are great, music is fitting. is pretty much spot on.

…the one from the Grimm Troupe expansion?

Are the performance problems fixed for this game yet? I have what constitutes a medium range rig, and I shouldn't be suffering heavy framedrops in certain areas and during some of the bosses.

And even shit-rigs SHOULD run this flawlessly because of the 2d
It's simply unacceptable.

Heard the performance issues were fixed in a patch

The characters are cute and I want to go to bed with them.

He still has other options.

Stop trying to force this meme you shiet

I don't remember posting this before.

Must be other anons, it seems its spread too far to stop now

Are are characters without mouths so cute?

Yes. I felt like playing super metroid
for it's price it has a great value of 30+ hours played.

Sometimes, the noises and sounds that the bosses make in battle sound really retarded or annoying. That's still my only complaint about this game.

It's highly polished but lacks the setting/atmosphere also nostalgia of the classics.

the fuck are you talking about? they're great.

DOMA DOMA
DOMA DOMA DOMA!

BRAVA!

The fact that is so simple yet so fluid is a competitive advantage.

WAH

It's ok. It starches that little itch I have for cute simple games. I'd like it more if it ran better.

I for one absolutely loved it. Mostly because it kept surprising me with how open it was and the secrets it has. The game gives you nearly no direction, which might be a turn off for some people but was perfect to me.
It had a lot of backtracking though but I didn't mind too much. The combat might be too simple for some people. The map system could be better too.
But these are all flaws I was easily able to look over. The exploration was a big, big plus for me.

Eh, it never fully clicked with me. The combat was too simplistic, it only has one weapon, the artstyle is generic, and even the atmosphere and music, which some people say are outstanding, felt kinda flat to me. I've got to give it though, it has a shitton of content; it's long as fuck and I guess that if you enjoy the game the quality remains constant, if not gets better, through the entire game.

Give it a try, if you feel like it.

It's pretty good. the only complaint I have is with the control. your characters movement feels a little sluggish. It's negligible early game, but you'll start to notice mid to late game. When the enemies start moving and attacking lightning fast. Feels like there is a half second delay with your button presses.

Another quark I found was with the dash move. It's like the enemy can't target you during it and targets where you will end up. Felt like I was running into attacks instead of evading them.

I'd say 8/10.

Words of someone who can't use magic because they spend all their soul on healing, and thus needs to git gud