Horror thread

Let's talk about horror games Holla Forums, what scares you the most and what games give you the best spooks? What are your favourite vidya monsters and what games do you recommend palying?

Is there a good horror game that includes time travel?

i saw that game "marrow"
it lloks ok, but feels to much "hard" for the sake of hard, you have no inventory window and shit.
Also, Fear & Hunger looks good, but is still a demo

Reminder: Siren 2 is the best atmosphere in any horror game and yanks never even got it.

I guess those dubs mean that I have to play this game now.

Shadow of memories is a horror game that has to do with time travel

What games do humour and horror mixed together well? The only one that even tried and failed at it I can think of is Spooky's House of Jumpscares.

Silent Hill joke endings do not count

Literally something reddit would do.

Nigger the artists of the past mixed tragedy and comedy together just fine, why wouldn't it be possible to do that with horror?

Shakespeare's works had some comedy because he ripped off Christopher Marlowe. It's not fine, it's immersion breaking, he just did it because he could.

Shakespeare wasn't the only one who used it, I know great movies which were tragicomedies one that comes immediately to my mind but it's in Polish and never was translated.

FNAF does. The original game was basically a satire that indulged in the absurdity of its premise.

Shame the games were lackluster at best.

Once upon a time there was a studio called Silicon Knights.

They made good games like Legacy of Kain and Eternal Darkness.

Eternal Darkness is a fun horror game even if it's not scary. Go play it.

AvP Classic or the original two PC shooters with three campaigns was actually very scary as the Marine for me. Just the constant ass clenching and checking all directions for Xenos was a pretty tense experience.

FNAF turned out to be quite the piggy bank for the developer…

It emulates fucking horribly though.

Illbleed?

>Not Michigan report from hell

Why did the japs rarely develop games for PC anyway, were they jews? We know console games always age like milk.

Is Shattered Memories for the Wii worth it?

Shattered Memories is OK, in my opinion. Not sure about the Wii version, though. I have it on PS2

For some reason I never been able to emulate that particular game. Everything else I tried work flawlessly

The Wii version is the best one and the intended experience. It's pretty good and severely underrated, it's just not survival horror but a postmodern adventure game.

I will give it a go then. I know it's not Team Silent, but it's nice seeing more Silent Hill creatures and settings. Plus I need some Wii horror games.

There's 1 creature that's stupid looking and the setting is crap compared to the original, with none of the qualities of the original SH games

It's not worth playing imo