Mount&Blade Bread

Well Napolenic Wars just got a major update out of the blue.
Guess this is why they haven't been working on Butterlord
archive.fo/nXKrg

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/1647623139641323383
archive.is/CKrcn
moddb.com/mods/1860s-old-america
steamcommunity.com/id/King-Macbeth/
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/43
store.steampowered.com/app/773951/Freeman_Guerrilla_Warfare/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Napoleon Wars was done by a couple of modders and then officialized you idiot

Also, Bannerlord blog post tomorrow

HOLY SHIT BONERLORD IS OUT

>The game is not out and I don't know if we've solved this problem, but one of the big challenges is to have events that are generated by dynamic sandbox events, and are good strategies for the NPCs to adopt, but that also make sense to the player. An example of what we want to avoid, from Warband: we introduced feasts, which were a way that factions could spend resources to repair relations between lords that were damaged by the ebb and flow of war. The problem, though, was that the strategically ideal time to hold a feast was when you were in the middle of a war, which didn't seem right from a narrative perspective. So there are a lot of moving parts in the game, and we're trying to get them to work together in a way that makes sense from both a strategy and an RPG perspective.

Rip feasts from the feast king

Source: steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/1647623139641323383
Archive: archive.is/CKrcn

What's a good mod to improve vanilla?

Floris Expanded :^)

Is there still an active public server? I miss the 200 man NA server.

What the fuck? Napoleonic Dogshit is a meme expansion played by fags. Just why?

They better keep the feasts untouched for the Butterlord.

Last ditch effort before Bannerlord is announced as early access.

Napoleonic wars is developed by a different team user one that I hear had a spergout and won't work with Taleworlds on an equivalent mod/expansion for Butterlord.

WELL
It wasn't really a sperge out, it was more of they didn't want to be known as a mod team for Bannerlord. Its why Holdfast came out, most "hardcore" NW fans moved there and have started their shit stain all over it.

Holy shit bannerlord 2 release date 16 march

9/10

Nevermind, there isn't.
No big battle server like there was, people don't know how to have fun.

I only played Commander servers and sometimes did old regiment stuff.

GOOD.
Napoleonic was cancer and played like shit, literally no redeeming qualities

I believe you mean "before bannerlord is canceled".

I had a blast with that mod when it was active.

Fuck out of here you goddamned underage

I liked the large scale fights with all the classes. But faggots ruined it by either removing arty or doing 1v1's and tried to make it into an esport.

Wow what a great game! It's totally not like this is a broken mod being marketed as a full expansion!

Same controls as any warband mod, what the fuck are you talking about.
Most animations are like the base game's, different ones are for shit that it doesn't have like overhead thrusts, again I don't see the problem at all.
What the fuck are you talking about.

Stopped reading right there

I guess I'll try it out.

NW was ruined by the terrible quality of the servers anyway, good riddance to those fags.

fucking regimentfags

You have no idea what you're talking about

I'd rather play with those autists again than most of the shit eaters here.
Only good folk who actually play vidya here are /radcorp/.

BONERLORD WHEN

neva

>implying it will be out before 2025

NEVER
That's right.
NEVER EVER

STOP

You sure showed me

Thanks for being honest

The only good mode is battle and normal servers without RP or bot faggotry are pretty dead.

NOW

You keep making shitty claims like you don't know what you're talking about, explain.

OH SHIT ITS THIS FAGGOT AGAIN

waiting for that explanation dude, feel free to deliver it anytime

*BONERLOAD

I'm sure he's still writing the explaination after all these hours user.

At best that proves he's a newfag that neither directly supported the dev nor got in before they got on steam. At worst he pulled that shit from googlecache, reddit or /mbg/

But hey, at least multiplayer is actually fun compared to singleplayer grindy sandboxy shit.

Go back to WoW

This. Warband singleplayer is an absolute bore.

If you're a plebeian redditor with no taste maybe

You probably use autoblock tbqh famalamalam. Eat shit.

Not like most of the cuckchan plebs here complaining about singleplayer only play NW and only have to block up or down or anything.
Go >>>/back/

Fuck NW garbage. Come fight me on the Ludus server, faggot. I'll thrash you like the singleplayer autoblock bitch you are.

I'm waiting, faggot.

Username?

Nate_Higgers

Not even showing up. What a bitch.

I'm right here AFK guy

Name?

Never revealed who you are because you were afraid to do so. Either way, thrashed as expected. Stay mad singleplayer cuck.

So back to talking about the new update for M&B:NW.
Rheinbund. First time its said in this thread. There's a new faction, Confederation of the Rhine. Nice new looking costumes and regiments. Had fun today in an event. Look forward to NA pubbing maybe tonight, we'll see.

Fighter-tier autism.

Go back to bullying the retarded Warband AI with autoblock enabled, faggot.

Stay mad. You're trash.

Pathetic

I was waiting for you to say who you are. You never did, of course. You'd be humiliated on Holla Forums and probably piss yourself a little. At least your mom still loves you, user. Give those singleplayer bots hell.

Who are you in that score list? No steam name required. You won't even reveal it now, knowing you got thrashed like the dirty casual you are. I'd recommend cuckchan, you'll fit right in.

Holy shit, no wonder Holdfast is garbage and so is that other early access click bait shit that was suppose to be better than Vanilla. I hope Bannerlord doesn't have multiplayer just to spit in these faggots face. Also, Warband combat is awesome, I don't understand who anons wouldn't take time to git gud at it. It is also apparent when a opponent comes from Vanilla vs NW.

You've become so drunk with smugposting you think I was actually a part of that game because I said that other user has no reason to be humiliated.

It sounded salty, assumed you were the autoblock cuck that just got a beating. My bad.

Tbuck
First time playing multiplayer

Had a feeling that was you. Fair enough. Keep playing on the Ludus if you want to git gud, great server to practice your melee on.

In my save swadia and vaegirs are constantantly swapping lords back and forth. A lord from swadia will go to vaegirs and a lord from vaegirs will go to swadia and it keeps happening,even the marshal Deglan switched sides, I'm wondering why that could be.
Swadia wiped out the nord faction at took all it's lands with my help and some of the lords from nords joined swadia and some went to vaegirs, so I'm wondering if an excess of lords in both factions is what's causing this

t-thanks
Singleplayer is still fun

If you enjoy fighting bots more there's the Full Invasion Amber 2.0 mod. Check it out. Multiplayer mod where you fend off against waves of bots that get increasingly harder every round with other players.

I'd take back my many hours with single player if I could, I take no pride in having played it so much. What I do take pride is calling out this shitty consciousness we have here that single player is super good. If I wanted to roleplay there's some good mods like Persistent World which I've had great times with, but I wouldn't know how active servers are nowadays.

also
Real men use movement keys.

This, m&b is one of the last 3rd person games to not have that retarded shit where your character ignores your input just so their movements can look realistic.

Relationship between kings and lords hit bottom zero. It is old problem relationships tend to reduce with large wars significantly because events (granting conquered fiefs what happen much in big wars) bring more total negate relationship points then positive. Special relationship upping event (feasts) are to weak in the effect. Near zero relationship lords can't improve their standing so they end up running from one king to another non stop.

Anyway to change you banner if Dickplomacy? I choose really ugly colors.

Bonerlord releases, but then Japan gets nuked again and wiped out from the planet. No more doujins, animes and so on.
Even some old/popular animes/doujins/mangas/whatever are forever lost because not many kept copies outside Japan.
Will you do it?

Yes, as long as the whole world was also nuked.

What's the downside?

Yes.

this ruined my game. The solution is to use the mod "TweakMB" and set the relationship lost when granting fiefs to a different person to 0 (default is -5, I set it to -1, and then change the relationship gained higher).

Does anyone know of a good wild west mod? I found a couple but they seem to be dead.

Agreed. Same with troop xp gain for Viking.

What other tweaks do you guys make?

I make it slightly easier to recruit high tier troops by decreasing the relation needed with villages to get higher tier recruits. I also get rid of a dishonor on things like keeping a lord hostage. And finally, halve the time for constructing village improvements.
I must ask, how do you manage to play viking conquest? I thought it was way too in depth for my tastes.

By cheating

I mainly focused on having a navy and just fucking around tbh. Kept a base in France so nobody could fuck with me.

Except Germany

I'm loading up on swadians, Should I train them up to infantry before I dump them or just be footment? I always have issues when it comes to knowing what to do for my defenses.

I only learned about Crtl+Space yesterday and I've been playing Mountain Blade for two years.

Just dump peasants. Vanilla AI doesn't look at troop quality when deciding what to siege. Doesn't matter for autocalc either.

Is the combat speed still set slower than molasses completely ruining melee combat? In the mod it was easy to rip through a line of shitty RPers with a sword because the combat speed wasn't set slow which gives you a long recovery window on blocks which means you just get instantly mobbed and poked by multiple people.

Combat speed is a server-side setting.

Yeah, I played it for even longer without knowing. It changed my life.

Holy shit. Now i what, need to reinstall warband and medieval conquests because of you faggots? Because in conquests there was gigantic map that was almost impossible to traverse without knowing that.

Maybe this one?
moddb.com/mods/1860s-old-america
I used to play 1866 for the original M&B. That mod was pretty fun.

Wait wut?

Its not that farfetched really, I didn't knew how to drop items in oblivion so I tried getting as far as possible with only the starting gear for nearly a month

Not that. I have a few hundred hours in M&B and had no idea about this.

go shill your gayness somewhere else for views

I believe these hooktube shills are actually 1 person.

Nobody else cares about no-thumbnail hipster videos.

In fact there's people like me that like it, sometimes I use the no thumbnail feature as an embed spoiler.

Many people are against Youtube embedding here, faggot. Go back to /sudo/ to shrink the supporters of a feature you don't like to 1.

Anybody want to join a cavalry regiment for NW?
sry to shill but just a pretty casual regiment seeing if anyone would like to merc/join. Just come whenever we got events. No experience necessary, just come and have fun steamcommunity.com/id/King-Macbeth/

Update didn't fix the garbo campaign

New blog talking about NPC conversations
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/43

my worst fears come true.

NA or?

What's wrong with autoblock? rarely does the block go where i want with my shit tier mouse if i go manual
Why do people want mods to play in multiplayer instead of single player?
Why is 1/2 or 1/4 health damage bad in SP? getting injured constantly will render you retarded due to the game settings deleting AGI and INT points

auto-block is absolute garbage, even bots can feint you out. Use manual and if your mouse is trash just jack your sensitivity up higher than you're comfy with & relearn everything

NW is fun, regimentfags are fags and turks are ass.
this was my review of nw and its community
rate and subscribe

I have no problem due to shield, but it is that same thing that makes me fearful, even with 2000 hours in the game
Guess i will go to the training field again, at least i have until Bannerlord gets out to practice

Has anyone successfully beaten Viking Conquest? It's harder than frozen shit.

Are you challenging PoP users?

if you ain't talking 2-handed master-race get the fuck up out my face

No I'm talking about the storyline itself.

There's no campaign in NW, dunce.

Its a good feeling, especially when you defeat autoblockfags

Might as well kill yourself, partner

Nothing wrong with that, play however you want to.
I use autoblock because why the fuck shouldn't i?
And with the tendency with AI to go straight at you be it tournaments or battles it's nice to be able to actually somewhat survive for a little while just spamming block when 3 or more guys are all ganking at you even when they are on the different fucking teams.

testing if banned

M&B combat doesn't translate to multiplayer at all, it's shit.

It works pretty good, especially with groups where positioning and directional swinging are important. Try not getting wrecked on multiplayer.

I usually play on a Man vs. Bots server, can't remember the name but it's always populated so it's easy to find.

There's also "Minisiege" which is fun.

Boring to be honest, I don't get how people can play this game and not get sick to the back teeth of bots.
Not much of a fan, but it's alright I guess.

The ultimate mode will always be battle, no pussy respawns which means you're always on edge, tactics and planning is everything and every kill has a significant impact. When it's nearly over and the last men are battling it out while the rest of the team watches, that's some intense stuff.

i've been so addicted to this game, i regret not getting into it earlier. im still playing vanilla warband and have sunk so many hours into it. i posted in the last thread my love of the war cleaver, i take it back. pic related.

i've become a king thats friendly with the king of nords and the king of the vaegers, although that doesnt stop them from going to war with me claiming land that never belonged to them. i have replaced the swadians and my main (and only) town is dihirm. i give 1 fort and whatever connected town to my vassals that i make sure are related and keep them positive with constant feasts. i have about 8 vassals at this point. and like 10 sitting inside my castle waiting for me to choose one of them, but i refuse to talk to them and needlessly reduce my standing with them by 10 and then see them come right back.

the nords and the rhodoks have claimed the rest of the previous swadian territory, but i hope to eventually claim all of swadian territories and take alittle more each time someone picks a fight with me.
once i get a second city, can i give it and all of its connected towns to a single guy without the other vassals getting progressively jealous? or will just granting it cause jealousy. how does this work? as long as a vassal has a terroitory their standing will stay put? because i noticed a vassal steadily deteriorating because he only owned a town and no fort, while my other vassals had forts. so now i give each vassal a fort and its connected towns, but dont want to face the same problem as soon as i start giving cities to people.
will the swadians ever come back? it says their king has left the realm.

the way i work my legion is i upgrade units, and when they hit the max level, i drop them into a town or fort unless theyre cavalry. i always try to keep 40 non cavalry, leaving me with 100 maxed cavalry units (usually 70 swadian knights, and 30 mercenary cavalry), which has been enough to dominate most enemies. during war i switch to all cavalry, which seems to increase my map speed so i can catch people setting my towns on fire.

i keep my helpers, like jeremus on horseback, all working towards level 4 riding so i can give them heavy horses, and equipped with polearm+shield and holy shit the AI is good with polearms. i've seen bunduk 1-shot an arab marmaduke on many occasions. and i have behetare steppe man with a polearm, but he mostly rides around with a bow and arrow, and he's like a panzer tank.

I just buff his healing

The Polish would beg to differ
Pictured. Stańczyk, the Polish court jester at the time of the Muscovite–Lithuanian war at the royal ball being literally the only person in the entire court worried at the russians taking Smolensk

It's not that they don't seem right, it's more that they are more tactically viable during a war than out of it which doesn't make much sense.

buff his healing? isnt that only in-between fights? i mostly put his stats towards making sure my people only get knocked out instead of killed.

I think a british king once used christmas as a way to gather his troops to defend his country against the viking invasion.

Yes, it's great if you're in sequential battles as to get more health or lessen your casualties.
For example

I was also addicted to single player, it was a thing I'd play then delete my save file to stop myself from wasting any more time with that shit I hate yet keep playing, repeating every now and then. Vanilla is a cursed game for me, whenever I was determined to beat it once and for all and kick the habit, I'd run into this glitch where 80% of fiefs would end up having no lord at all after factions got mishmashed and the kings stopped awarding land for some reason, and tons of fiefless lords would roam around with just a small amount of recruits. Happened with Diplomacy as well. It just throws me out of the moment and makes me realize what I'm playing is truly a piece of shit no one should dump their time into.

My guide for beating vanilla and other modules quick:

so since i'm the king, i shouldnt have this problem, right?

I was king as well and it happened with other kings, if you don't give a fuck it's a way to conquer fast as factions are severely weakened.

The fun in man vs. bots is to try to coordinate and test tactics against them. It's pretty fun, especially when the wave is composed 100% of sailors and you make a line of musketoon-armed players.

As for siege I'm not a big fan either, but it's the only two servers I can get a decent ping and that are populated enough so there's not much to do. I haven't played in months anyway, the game really is dying these days.

huh. i mean, the realm is in constant war and i noticed that vassals have trouble recruiting and dont go very far, so if theres alot of war, having many looted villages would severely limit their ability to regroup. could that be the problem?

Looting and the drop in prosperity caused by it is natural and a game feature, the glitch I experienced seems to happen after much defecting and new lords coming in and the king stops awarding lands from the lords who left. I know this for a fact as I'd browse the list of lands where you'd find the name of the lord for each one, but most of them had none.

interesting. i do notice alot of vassals being kicked out for traitors. this problem is probably due to the very difficult vassal managment. its VERY hard to keep them happy. other kings seem to keep vassals with no land which only builds resentment, which probably causes them to not be rewarded, and it just spirals downward.

what level of combat/map AI do you have it set on? maybe setting it higher would fix the issue?

Difficulty/AI always on hardest and Diplomacy features set to max when I used it. I don't want myself to play single player ever again, so I guess it was a good thing.

huh, i hope i dont run into that issue. did you get close to map domination when that happened?

I don't remember the past time, but this time I was a new king with only 1 fief.

So the new faction is Northwest Front?

So who else here is a peddle lunger?
With max throwing and high skill they're essentially flying orbs of darkness which send the consciousness of your foes into the limbo.
I come into fights holding 4 rocks, and for a melee weapon I pick it up from whoever got their skull caved in first.

fug…. was actually playing the game properly for once after years of getting ROFLstomped by Rhodoks as Swadia

Battles on the Sarranid lands either against them or with them allways makes me wish the rest of the areas had more open relatively flat fields.

BONERLORD WHEN

Why do you people like mount and blade?
combat is clunky, its an autism sandbox with no substance.

combat isn't clunky, recurring autist

Give me another game where i can roam with my band of mercenaries until it's a small army, personally fight with them, establish my kingdom and do other such shit.

Playing vanilla for the first time in awhile, and christ do i hate that when you het knocked out the battle just ends and its calculated (looter kills 3 of my guys even though that would never happen in normal battle). Why did they think it was a good idea?

Hello

Thats why in Bannerlord tha battle simply continues as you spectate.
I think you can even give your troops orders if I remember correctly
this game looks so good and I'm so afraid something close or at release will absolutely ruin it

Play Dickplomacy, atleast it lets you spectate.
Also git gud:^)

Never said the game was shit, i love warband.

Looks like someone's uspet his ass keeps getting beat down in native mp.

Is that the Earthbound font?

Where are my fellow veterans of the great Battle for the Cuckshed?

I enjoyed wrecking you guys even though I was pretty laggy.

It feels like a long time ago. Game night when?

The cuck shed aint free. The yard has to be littered with the bodies of failed plunging attacks.

So I've finally started really getting into a campaign playing Prophesy of Pendor, and I have to know if there are some quality of life mods I'm missing out on. Stuff like levling up seems rather one sided. So much shit levels off intelligence, while only a few things go to each other stat. It's also impossible to make your character better without severely fucking over your strategic abilities like leadership and surgery. Also horse combat is pretty iffy at times, where I can't ever get my character to swing in the direction I want him to with any expediency. Are there some mods around that mildly improve the base game from this stuff?

It's true a lot of people like pendor, but I found Persino to be 1000% better.

You're right, I was thinking of WF&S
That still remains trash

And Rhocuck hill.

Next cuckshed war when?

I'm more surprised there was enough room for all the bodies.

I'd say 3-4 months given our current schedule, it's pretty full. Hopefully next time we'll have a better workaround for the piratefags though.

Horsefags a shit

Is it me or do the swinging animations in POP feel weird, did they change them? I like that amount of work the guy put into it but it can be challenging at times.

It was a good night.

Horsefags aren't the problem the problem was burgers being unable to form a basic spearwalls.

why is no one movement key master race like me?

It's not my webm user. Also do you mean you use the movement keys to swing?

Yes, for both swinging and blocking. You press W/A/S/D quickly so that it's not enough to walk in that direction. It definitely beats waggling the screen constantly for me, I immediately preferred it once I saw it in the settings.

I've never tried even tried that option and I've been playing since a month or so after the original game's release. I'll have to give it a shot if/when we play it as a gamenight again.

What the fuck did I just get into?

We will return to the Cuckshed and it will be cleansed with the blood of the Rhocucks.

And the Rhocuck Hill will once again be dominated by the horsefuckers shooting defenseless spear peasants.

This doesn't ruin the mod for me but it lowers it a bit.

Not called Kher-Gits for nothing.

NotHitler kills Vance in both my screenshots. Poor guy.

Is it weird that I kinda hit a wall in the game after I get a sizable band up? What should I really be doing? Just mercing out and getting productive ventures set up in all the town? When should I become a lord?

I find the most fun in the game going from nothing to having a warband of knights. Problem is I found a way to break the game doing tournaments so while I am still around the first few levels I already have enough gold to buy excellent gear and have an army of elite troops.

You should become a lord when you have the power, wealth and contacts to support the state that you will create. When you think about conquering a castle or a town you have to ask yourself "The ones who own this will come take it back, can I stop them?" If the answer is yes, go ahead.
You must be able to hold off the army of whoever attacks you to take back the territory you stole until you can secure long lasting piece with that kingdom. After this is done you must ensure other kingdoms don't attack you, and then building up your power will be easier. Your first piece of land will probably be the hardest, because it'll be you, alone against an entire kingdom. You have to raise the biggest army you can, and start waging war to expand. When you expand you can get lords which will further increase your army for "free" (as far as giving away territory goes), allowing you to wage larger scale wars until you own Calradia.

There's something a lot of people do and it is taking the territory of a fallen or falling kingdom, but it's a double edged sword because when a kingdom is almost dead all of the vassals will be in the same town so their defense force can be huge. If you win it's almost guaranteed their last territory isn't the ancestral land of any other kingdom so the other kingdoms will only declare war on you if you don't have enough right to rule.

One time I managed to get in that situation where nobody would ever attack me so I used my stability and peace to develop the town I had and its 2 surrounding villages as far as I could, then I built a 4000 strong army with my money. Conquering the world was smooth sailing from then.

Well that was shitty. Infantry walls with archer behind them, Best way to conquer all.

Nope you're just shit, Knights and Mamlukes utterly dominate field battles with minimal losses. You have to line them up before charging, and round them up or keep individual ones from charging into a mob and getting stuck by issuing a follow command.

There is always one faggot that gets left behind when you charge regardlesss of formation unless the enemy is a retard with a single line of infantry

1 casualty for many kills is not bad at all, especially if you did the right thing and specialized in INT with surgery. Infantry certainly doesn't do any better in that respect, they don't have a horse to block 90% of attacks.

They have a shield and a brother next to them for that. Go back to feasting

They get hit often unlike horsemen, even if you have huscarls, they have less armor than knights and get hit in the head while cavalry can get hit in the legs, chest but mostly in the heavily armored beast, which means a lot less casualties.

Boring calculated way? When your party of 8 followers are leveled enough to train knights and all have maxed out training. So you can produce 10 knights per day from peasant recruits.

Fun way? Any time you want.

So all experience gained stacked on units? I don't need to make sure they've leveled up to start getting experience for the next level?
Please lets this be true, I've been leveling up troops every night and I'm tired of it.

calm your bones and maybe i'll listen to you

HELLO :DDDDDD WHERE IS THE BONERLORD? :—————DDD

anons apparently Some Studio Combined Warband and Arma

Link: store.steampowered.com/app/773951/Freeman_Guerrilla_Warfare/

Looks promising, but
but

There really has been a lot of these lately.

What next? Mount and Blade, but it's Dark Souls?
And don't remind me there's mobile shit version of M&B.

No experience doesn't stack this way. You need to level troops. But with full trainer companions party low tier troops are trained all at once. You take 100 recruits over night all 100 become militia, next day they are next tier and so on. Only for knights experience numbers are not big enough so they are trained in small batches, 10 or so. Nevertheless training is OP. It allows you rise new elite army in the matter of days. To train knights trainer needs to be high level than previous tier of troops aka 22 level and up. After you hit this stage you win the game war becomes easy.

Dammit

Hey it actually has a fucking tactical map.

H-Help

Restart again you fuck

Find yourself thing with four legs and tail

Time for murder-suicide I guess.

Cool, now you can play an actually good game that isn't a binge obsessive waste of time.

What is video game if not an obsessive waste of time?

When is Bannerlord coming out?

Being Kiwifag is suffering, Ausfags atleast have their own (although few in number) servers.

Only EA game that actually released and wasn't shit was Darkwood which took years and only came out last year.

Floris, Floris Evolved or Silverstag?
Already played Dickplomacy, and my dick hurts

when your victories are immortalized forever in a screenshot

There's a reason the late game is shit and this is it

Floris Evolved, though I can't be bothered install that WSE or whatever at the moment. Haven't tried Silverstag but heard its inferior to the other 2 but can't say for sure.

how do I get good

Practice and play with anons.

I'll be severely disappointed if it doesn't have group controls and flag placement for direct movement like mount and blade has though, considering most people can't read topography off a map.

I've recently started playing gekokujo daimyo after stopping my gekokujo campaign a long time ago. Happy to know my old technique still works

I've taken on around 500 men armies with 130 men or so with a technique with 3 casualties to the spearmen from lords charging in.