Games with Twin Peaks-esque settings

Give me games with rural villages and small towns in which weird shit keeps happening. Preferably games where we still a lot of the normal side of the towns like in Alan Wake for example while still having spooky shit, although things like Silent Hill where everything is insane and fucked up from the very beginning are good too.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/654550/Football_Game/
projectmizzurna.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you again?

Deadly Premonition, or is that too obvious?

I don't know if any user asked about this already but I just started watching Twin Peaks and I remembered that Alan Wake and Silent Hill were pretty fucking good.

Wanted to mention it but haven't yet played.

I remember reading something about Zelda OOT being inspired by Twin Peaks because that show was somewhat popular there, or atleast the movie did well. Something about the series of amusing encounters.

wew lad, just get the fuck out

I know it isn't the same but there is a similarity in the setting, which is mostly what I'm after.

RE7

Again?

Life is Strange.

Now a Twin Peaks inspired game that also isn't gay.

store.steampowered.com/app/654550/Football_Game/

Funny, a game that's textbook cinematic experience trash, but i really enjoyed it, the theme is so fucking comfy. If they wouldn't have used that terrible combat system so much it could've been a good game

Alan wake is garbage.

I kinda want to give DP a go now that Twin Peaks is over, but it looks like it is a real bitch to get to run properly.

Not if you have an xbox or playstation.

It's been years and I still haven't gotten it to run past chapter 3, even after trying numerous guides

Silent Hill 2
Night in the woods
Deadly Premonition
Mizzurna Falls
Oxenfree
Life is Strange

nigga no the fuck they ain't

Nigga, that is a bad move, especially with Twin Peaks. Dip out of the thread and come back when you finish it. Personally the last thread finally got me to knock it off the backlog and I thoroughly enjoyed it, though season 3 is a tad flawed but I think that's mostly just due to all the changes that had to happen after 25 years.

On this topic, are there any other shows or movies like Twin Peaks. Perhaps even other directors like Lynch?
Bout the only thing I can think of is Donnie Darko.

Works on my PC :^)

*actually it can only be launched through the exe and not through steam or the launcher

X-Files

You know, I marathoned it as a kid when the scifi channel was playing every episode. I remember it kind of fizzled out and started becoming pretty mediocre at some point though it may have been that I wasn't old enough to appreciate the show and just wanted to see monsters.

I might give it a rewatch, shame about its "literally current year" revival though.

It's weird to think you can't get Alan Wake any more.

I stopped when the show started being more about scully and mulder's lives rather than investigating spookiness.

I watched every episode and the 2 movies in ~13 days just before S10 came out. I don't sleep much and eating was infrequent, so I was watching anywhere from 10 episodes to an entire season in a single day.

First 5 seasons are brilliant, the first movie is solid, S6 is worth watching, S7 drops the ball and tries to do lots of funny and super serious episodes together, which fucks it up. Mos of the comedy before that was light or dark humour. S8 was where they tried to get rid of Mulder and Scully and rebrand it, hence the major plot retcon of aliens not existing and being government supersoldiers, but then that failed, so they had S9 backpedal on the retcon and say that the aliens pretended to be supersoldiers pretending to be aliens, then they brought back Mulder very sparsely. That was partially due to him wanting to do his own stuff and due to the writers being stubborn.
S8 and 9 had so few episodes that even beat an average, so that upset me a lot.

The second film was a big kick in the nuts, as everyone goes in expecting it to tie up loose ends or at least give us something juicy, and instead we get a normal scientist doing plain old mutilation and Xzibit, of Pimp My Ride fame, raps on the special features for some reason.

Season 10 was more undoing of the S8 and 9 disaster, with only a single episode being worth your time, aside from the first and last one moving the plot forwards. There's some really hamfisted conservative whistleblower with an online radio show that's meant to parody Alex Jones and co, but it really hams up the entire show. They spent so long trying to show us how smartphones and shit affect the aliens hiding their plans, and it drives you to boredom. I honestly can't recall anything apart from the first 3 episodes and the final 10 minutes of the final one.

Haven't seen S11, as I was going to watch it when it's all out. That's 8 standalone episodes, and none are written by Chris Carter, and I've heard positive reactions from the 2nd episode, so hopefully that turns out well.

Side note: Scully is at her cutest in the later seasons, but also her worst in terms of character. It's very rough on my dick.

I find winding refn similar to lynch in some movies especially on Only god forgives and the neon demon also Perfect blue has a lynch vibe, and in series maybe the first season of True detective and Dark

To me it was a great game, and i really wish the series would just come back, i miss it personally. And because of how the story worked i actually wanted to find the collectables such as the paper trails left behind.

This keeps fucking happening. Some user makes a thread, it does ok, a few days later the same fucking thread. What is going on?

TWIN PEAKS SPOILERS AND QUESTIONS
>what was such a big deal about saving Laura and bringing her back home?
>why was it such a soul crushing moment for Cooper to realize he was stuck in an alternate dimension with Laura
>what did he mean by "what year is it?"
>why did Laura freak the fuck out at the end causing the lights to go out

As somebody who liked Alan Wake and the Max Payne games a lot is this game worth playing at all?

Laura living undoes the atomic bomb and saves the fat fairy.
Fucked if I know.

Mizzurna Falls is very Twin Peaks-esque.
Someone is making a translation mod right now and the translator released the full script online so you can play the game with the English script right now.
projectmizzurna.tumblr.com/

inb4 tumblr