I wish bob had finished his game

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob's_Game
archive.fo/gHlUM
archive.fo/8HtOE
kickstarter.com/projects/bobsgame/bobs-game
store.steampowered.com/app/529720/bobs_game/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The original No Man's Sky, I wonder what would have happened if he ever "finished" his game

looks like shit?

So where's the gameplay? How did it take him 5 years to make what appears to be a top down walking simulator?

I'd watch a playthrough of it

Everyones a nigger, fuck bob.

You anons weren't around for "bob's game"? You missed some interesting times. You should read the wikipedia page on it: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob's_Game

It was supposed to be a DS game that actually looked kind of impressive for its time considering it was made by a single dude. But Nintendo decided not give him a dev kit and the guy had a meltdown. He basically wasted his life on this, which is both hilarious and sad.

From what I dug up he seems like a lite version of CWC. Also:
Kinda living proof that Nintendo is not the company 90s kids and nintendrones vision it as.

Looks like it was a slight deeper version of franks adventure without the ripped hentai.

it’s a 16-bit “app store”
it doesn’t cost 400 dollars
it’s faster than the one with two screens
it’s a new generation of more powerful 16-bit games
it looks like a toy because it’s for kids
IT HAS BUTTONS
IT COSTS TEN DOLLARS
’cause THAT’S WHAT THEY COST TO MAKE
THAT’S WHAT THEY COST TO MAKE
the only way to charge it is to plug it in (the Game Store)
you buy games from indies
who get 90 PERCENT
we don’t care who makes games for it
you can even be American!
you can even be AMERICAN!
it doesn’t cost 300 dollars we can *give* them away!
with hamburgers and movie tickets and other games
(they sell 10 million a day)
you can break it or lose it or throw it away
and you can sell it on your website with YOUR indie game
the outside is custom but the app store is the same
now i challenge Yuu
to beat me at MY OWN GAME

bob's game is:
THE GREATEST PUZZLE GAME EVER MADE

EVERY PUZZLE GAME IN ONE

A CUSTOM PUZZLE GAME CREATION SYSTEM

A WORLD TOURNAMENT PLATFORM WITH
GLOBAL RANKING AND LEADERBOARDS FOR ALL PUZZLE GAMES

LOCAL MULTIPLAYER WITH UNLIMITED PLAYERS

ONLINE MULTIPLAYER WITH UNLIMITED PLAYERS

MIXED MODE ONLINE/LOCAL MULTIPLAYER

THE ULTIMATE PARTY GAME

THE ULTIMATE TOURNAMENT GAME

COMPLETELY FREE

WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH IN C++

SOURCE CODE ON GITHUB

DOWNLOAD IT RIGHT NOW!

hey bob.

release the rpg and i'll stop posting these every time you make a thread.
your "viral marketing" has gotten even more boring..

yeah but most of those developers had things like appointments and phones to make appointments with.
near as we can tell Bob just showed up outside some Nintendo building one day in the car he was living in, and asked for a dev kit.
that's assuming anything he described actually happened, of course, which is anybody's guess.

Looking at the shitposting and how he advertised it for steam I am starting to understand why.

I'm glad he didn't. His story of subsequently starving himself out of protest and being one of the classic videogame lolcows at this point has been a much funnier legacy than someone who made a forgettable DS game.

this was art

Bumping out of interest. Forgot all about this project.

Bob was legit crazy, I don't think he had the 'tism but there was certainly something wrong with him.

Wow, it's officially recognized on youtube and has its own category entry.

What's even worse, if he had just been more patient, the Nintendo DSi was released that same year with it's DSiWare online store, he could have probably gotten the game self published and released on that hardware.

Didn't he fake that? Like he went to actual store (as a framing device), then the camera cut to look like he was putting fake game copies on the shelf's (camera pointing downwards) that were actually just filmed in someone else's house/non-public location?

The source is on github?

So is it at all possible to play this game?

You can play a puzzlegame he made that he called "Bob's game". If I had to hazard a guess I'd say he deleted all the source code and assets in a fit of autistic rage.

He used to really hate the Cave Story guy.

Here's the whole autobiography he wrote
archive.fo/gHlUM
archive.fo/8HtOE

Most definitely

Wow, I really identify with this guy. All of those things that happened to him in the first screenshot sufficiently tell me that this guy is really autistic and neurotic and that's something people find to be disdainful but I, personally, feel like we're kindred spirits.

Although, I will say his paracosm is a lot more generic than mine and he lifted that one paragraph in the second screenshot ver batim from the Matrix. I would never stoop to plagiarism in my manifesto.

kickstarter.com/projects/bobsgame/bobs-game
the video

lol no it didn't.

A queerish RPGmaker walking sim? Why should any of us give half a fuck?

Why would you bump a dying thread to make a "who cares lol" post? Lurk more, idiot. Or at least read the fucking thread where people already spoonfed the newfags.

I miss old Vidya lolcows, I wonder how some of them are doing in life. Sonic was always a goldmine, chasethehedgehog is probably an adult now. Hope he's doing better.

Something about this guy is super unsettling.

If only everyone had been around to witness shit like this perhaps the cancer that is crowdfunding would have never picked up momentum.
I think he just needs a good mentor.

The golden baby will never die

NEANDERTHAL DNA

Bob's game was not impressive at all. He ported what barely differs from a ten year old's first 10 minutes with RPG Maker to PAlib, claimed he was developing the BEST GAME EVER that took ONE BILLION HOURS OF EFFORT TO MAKE and threw an internet shitfit about how he was being oppressed by some sort of Nintendo-led conspiracy against indie developers, even faking a suicide for attention. When every major platform opened up to the lowest common denominator, he was nowhere to be found. He's a talentless hack who never intended to actually develop a finished game.

is this guy schizophrenic? is he the terry davis of video games?

store.steampowered.com/app/529720/bobs_game/

So this is not the same thing as whats in the OP what's that about?

That's a tetris-style puzzle game, not the RPG he was making

send bobs and vagene pls