Forged batallion RTS

Is it that time again Holla Forums ?

Can Petro do it ?

Pros:

cons

What do you think ?

They still don't fucking understand the problem of their new games being ignored for the good old C&C.
IT HAS NO FEEDBACK
Everything looks like a toy with laser peashooters instead of actual war machines loaded with heavy explosives. It's such a shame because Petroglyph is the only company still producing C&C-styled games even to this day and they are only being bought because they cater to indieshit niggers like 8bit armies.

Can someone tell them to add gritty EXPLOSIONS and FUN UNITS to their new games? Does anyone have their email address so i can do it? Holy shit this is horrible, why do they do this.

Looks promising as long as it can be modded. I prefer human and organic combatants but I'm sure that would make customization harder.

And a HON HON HON to you too, froggy.
And no, Petroglyph have been consistently god awful ajd I see no reason for change.

jesus their worms games have turned into shit, also if the game doesn't have a map editor, no download

The colors put me off…
They remind me too much of Red Alert 3
Also i remember playing some kind of Battailion game by Petroglyph 2 years ago… It was some sort of End of Nations remake… But in bad.

I want grittiness. Not super colorful.

Although rewatching the video… Those concepts… Fuck, I actually planned on making an RTS myself with customizable units and base building, (planned… in the far future)
Also these buildings going underground to counter the missile. I actually love these ideas…
But it is still a turd. The graphics are too childish. I want to see a fucking believable war and not some colorful displays.
Might look into it… but not too keen on it

I really want them to, but they seem to just pump out a bunch of RTS games that people ultimately forget shortly afterwards like Grey Goo & 8-Bit Armies.
Honestly I wonder how they're still around companies have been killed off for less.

Removing that hideous glow all over everything would be a great start,

Cool haven't had such new RTS game in ages
Great.

oh hey look it's not warzone 2100 with shitty kalypso-tier garbage graphics

I like the gameplay concepts, but I just can't stand the visual shit like how awful the movement animations look and the amount of FUCKING BLOOM HOLY SHIT MY EYES.

so they chopped down that giant game they never delivered in to something they can sell. i can't even remember the name of it, world at war command of generals whatever. looks slapped together. abusive use of filters, painful to look at.

I thought End of Nations got stolen out from under them by a publisher.

It did indeed…
It got turned into a MOBA and then it died because nobody liked it.

I remember when there was actually posters for it in shops.

seems cool all except for the warcraft 3 sizes and unit ranges. C&C style…. why?

I think the last good Petroglyph game I played was Empire at War. They've been releasing the same RTS games year after year after year with a slightly different coating, but never seem to learn from the failures of the previous games. The unit designs look completely uninspired and the devs seem determined to hide that flaw with oversaturated and overcomplicated particle effects. Nothing stands out to me.

I remember playing it and actually enjoying it…
And I talk about the Petro original version

Oh yeah I think I remember seeing a couple of (((Steam))) reviews saying that the unit customization had to be done ingame and there was no way to do it paused.

That's hilariously dumb.

I'm surprised how much I hate this

Looks like shit. Really though, the art style is awful and everything looks generic. I think the "make your own faction" thing is going to bite them in the ass since no one played c&c and said

That's from that developer that just pumped out a couple of really mediocre, uninventive RTS games over the last couple of years, right?

I really dig the music though that's pure feeling it right there

That's a hideous artstyle, and the animations are ass.

Footage of actual gameplay from the beta/early access game. It looks generic as fuck.

Almost as much property destruction in that as EDF.

It's just not fun. The gay ass metagame tech tree is pretty much the same thing as having an actual tech tree and factions. The only difference is you have to grind to use all your units even in skirmish mode. There isn't even that much customization. You have a few options for base upgrades that barely matter and special weapons that you'll rarely use, a few movement options for each unit, and the weapon options actually don't seem like that much when you realize that it's not actually 12 different weapon types, it's 4 broken down into 3 tiers. I hate the CnC style of building units and structures too. There's literally nothing interesting about this game.

If it wasn't so bright and colorful I'd be more interested. My eyes fucking hurt after watching that video.

well you know in warzone 2100 it's best part of the game (Before getting lancers, after you just spam them)

id pay 7 bucks

Whoever invented the WoW art style should be hanged, drawn and quartered.

make it 5 and maybe you aren't getting ripped off.

The animations lack any feeling of weight and this kills the game.

I think that's a hold over from PS2 games using highly stylized textures. They don't look very good in my opinion.

speaking of EoN, has anyone archived the launcher/game data from the beta? I had a copy but deleted it. Only thing I have left is the OST I ripped.

Oh, that one was pretty fucked up. First it was a failed kickstarter called Victory, then in eatly access it was called Victory Command, THEN they closed that but rebooted it as Battle Battalions.
I… I think the servers are still online for that.
I only played it for the music

no the best part of warzone 2100 is the VAST tech tree tbh

I can't tell if you like it or not.
I like it, it reminds me of early Nine Inch Nails.

Here nigger.

Yes, it was Battle Battalions
I only played 2 rounds of it before getting tired and never visiting it ever again

If you anons wanted some EBM/early industrial dance, why didn't you just say so?

I like trent… but why not post Klepacki, you fucking faggots?