Original Doom > Brutal Doom

Original Doom > Brutal Doom

Other urls found in this thread:

chocolate-doom.org/wiki/index.php/Crispy_Doom
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=58343
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

checks out

Original Doom isn't even good. Got shit graphics.

My dubs > your singles

Was this ever even a question? Of course original Doom is better than Brutal Doom.

The sloppy gore in BD is great. The edgey one-liners and execution animations, not so much.

Brutal Doom < Vanilla Doom < Project Brutality

(checked)

How about Smooth Doom?

Checked, but I don't know why you'd want to turn a Doom thread into a dubs thread.

Well no shit.

Good job, faggot.

Well duh.
It's like saying Original Doom > HDoom.

Brutal Doom is shit because SgtMarkIV is a Brazilian nazi who sucks cocks. Check my dubs.

How to spot underages 101
Thread's shit though, there's already a Doom thread on

But Brutal Doom has an option to turn off the modern AI. That makes the gameplay basically the same as classic Doom, only with much better guns and highly improved gore.

Chocolate Doom or bust! unless you want to play some specific mod that requires gz/qzdoom obviously

I honestly don't care if someone is a "nazi"
What are you afraid of? If you play the stuff they create that you suddenly transform into a nazi?

I still haven't heard a single good argument why BD is worse than OG, it always boils down to "it's popular".

lol k more for me i guess

Still no dubs.
Until now.

Descent 2 > Doom > Quake > Doom 64 > Blood > Duke Nukem 3D > Descent 1 > Powerslave (EX) > Shadow Warrior > Marathon 2 > everything else

Even if you play in stripped down mode the guns look like dogshit. I prefer just using something like smooth doom.

I'm afraid of total fucking retards like OP making worthless threads. Check em.

Original Doom's guns look worse, stop lying to yourself. Making the animations look smooth doesn't change anything. The only good looking gun in OG Doom is BFG. On top of that Brutal Doom has much better visual effects and gore.

Crispy Doom is also great if you want Chocolate Doom with a higher resolution.

chocolate-doom.org/wiki/index.php/Crispy_Doom

Those are not arguments, those are multiplayer and speedrunning glitches listed with comedy chevrons.

Nah, OG super shotty, plasma rifle and chaingun are some of the most iconic gun designs in all of video games and you are a faggot. Definitely more iconic than "the same as the OG shotgun with iridium sights a heatshield and a sling." Nice dubs though.

Better luck next time, boyo.

I heard the guy who made HDoom worked with SgtMark. Supposedly he did spritework for him, and the HDoom guy got no credit. Just on top of the fact that SgtMark is generally an asshole. Any truth to that?

it's hard to get dubs these days

OK there's a lot Brutal Doom has to answer for, but fixing a giant portion of the awful maps made by the community and in the official mission packs by making that simple change isn't one of them. Not having to stand in a hallway and trade fire like it's fucking Gears of War is always a good thing.

IIRC Mike/Hdoomguy made the gore splatters/bloodlets and some fatality sprite animations for BD, he never got any credit for it and has been on a grudge with SgtMark over it for a while now.

Chaingunners have activation times before they actually fire their chainguns, meaning you can use proper cover tactics to avoid them and they flinch/stunlock when you shoot at them with your own chaingun which is always 100% accurate if you tapfire, unlike theirs that is incredibly innaccurate past 10 units and only deals 5/10/15 damage per shot which gets reduced even further when you have armor. Alternatively use the rocket launcher and don't stand out in the open, stupid.

weak bait

Literally only one gun has it, and for a good reason.

Doesn't matter because blowing enemies heads feels good.

My version doesn't come with those sounds?

Editable through console.

Your advice is sagely but your strategy is defeated by the clever and devious concept of two chaingunners in different locations.
This isn't Baldur's Gate.

BD fucks with game balance significantly. It slows the game down somewhat: strafing the projectiles is much harder and less reliable. This forces you to play peek-a-boo a lot more than in OG. It also messes up weapon progression significantly. All conventional weapons receive huge buffs, making them a lot more versatile against stronger demons. Plasma is pretty much overshadowed by AR and MG, RL is more likely to kill you with its huge blast radius and BFG is actually less devastating than it used to be. As the mod doesn't adjust pickups to go along those changes, you're gonna find yourself swimming in ammo very quickly. Add headshots to that mix any semblance of resource management gets thrown out of the window.

Newfags should stick to vanilla Doom. Brutal is for old timers who are bored out of their mind with the original formula, it really is an old man's mod.

I'm one of the original Doomgods and I have no idea what you just said. I'll pvp your face into oblivion though. Come see us on efnet #deathmatch you underage b& faggot.

Wait, are you accusing SgtMark of plagiarism for stealing the SSG from Doom?! You're right, what an asshole! I knew he was a Brazillian nazi, but a plagiarist too?
His designs aren't his if he took them from Doom you amazing cocksucking moron And I'm already right because his designs are just modded versions of the original designs Enjoy the taste of being wrong

the hilarious irony is that removing wall run and adding mouse-look and jump make the game orders of magnitude less twitchy.

*vertical

stop
you're fucking retarded
Do you see the fucking images in here? This thing?
THIS IS THE SOURCEPORT, it's what added these features, BD never had anything to do with that fucking shit.

It's called fucking ZDoom you inbred retard.
BD is played ON this thing.
It has NO RELATIONS to BD other than its ability to play it and many, many other modifications for Doom that are infinitely better than this bad excuse for the lowest common denominator. BD is developed on the features added to this, not the other way around.

Stop perpetuating this shitty "b-but brutal doom added mouse look and jump" meme, it's fucking retarded just like how empty your brain is.

What does it mean?

In other news the sky is blue.

Hue?

You need to play through Doom 1 three times

Shit thread tbqh famicom :3

forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=58343

It makes your ears fucking bleed, it plays like a modern shooter, and it's made by a monkey-eater. What else needs to be said?