Video Games about Mental Illness

Great ones. Not anything like pic related.

Sanitarium
Deadly Premonition
Eternal Darkness

VRchat

Came to post this. Also:

Hahah how the fuck is depression real just kill yourself nigga hahaha

Even though it's Ninja Theory, there's Senua's sacrifice

Yume Nikki

That isn't even a game. It's Burgers and Fries' half-assed attempt at art.

Lisa: The first and Lisa: The Painful.

You do not know the way.

XDXDDXDDDXDXD GOOD MEME XDXDDXD

Is Lisa a good game? Or is it reddit?

Beats everything on that list (even IHNMAIMS)

lisa is pretty much underrated as hell
yes, it is a good gameno, it's not a reddit meme game

OFF
EYE: Divine Cybermancy

Even if the story gets all over the place towards the ending.

aw shit
Nigger, next time type out the fucking name of the game you're posting to avoid people posting the same game twice in a row.

So, what are your expectations for the new part of the series that's supposed to come up in a few days now? Can't say I fully trust Playism - they have a habit of picking up previously free RPG Maker titles (i.e., Mad Father) and then making them commercial while adding very little to demand the price tag.

Haha holy shit, I never realized just how fucking pretentious this shit was. It's at parody levels.

Every modern game is all about catering to intellectual deficiencies.

Is there any games where you play an autistic guy with extreme asperger's?

Someone said this and said it well, it's twitch in game form, where numbers alone completely replace humor and substance.

Why would you even save something like that?

She is a perfect Holla Forums waifu

Sanitarium isn't about mental ilness

Simply, because his not a cuck

Even if Ugandan knuckles wasn't a thing, the actual people on it are some of the most broken and awkward people I've ever seen.

I don't save censored versions, per se, I censor them myself

tried it out, sometimes you can get some comfy worlds.

Apartments is my favorite, I like to make a public world just to have people check it out, talk, and walk out.

You missed a dick.

yeah, you. filtered.

What did you expect from secondlife 2.0?

Postal. Postal, Postal, Postal.

Doki Doki Literature Club

Fran Bow is pretty good

little too canadian for my tastes

(checked)

How fitting.

Expect nothing so you'll be pleasantly surprised if any effort is put into it and lose nothing if it's shit.

Final Fantasy 8

i think drakengard 1 was an attempt to induce mental illness on the player

ALL games induce mental illness in the player.

Drakengard 2 was better in that regard and was an even worse game since they didn't even put effort into making it bad like with 1.

el emm ay oh

FUCKING CENSORSOYBOY GET OFF MY BOARDDD

low energy bait

I dont even know how it got a sequel

Good choice.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Eternal Darkness… Or is it, really? How do we know Max belonged in that Sanitarium? When you examine the charred remains in the servant quarters it says one of them is missing a skull.

learn how to spot degeneracy

People actually dont like headpats irl

Exactly why 2d is better

Better than getting your heart and wallet sliced open by 3dpd

I was a chad in highschool before I got disfigured and can attest people do like headpats.

explain

nah

headpat virgin

t. virgins

Implying saving yourself for marriage is a bad thing

I guess it's fitting for a mental illness thread.

depression quest makes me want to kill myself

how ironic

What in god's name possessed you to do that?

Reefer Madness was right

Basically dude weed lmao. These are the dangers of being a cool kid.

I think you were just a shit driver naturally and your bad decision making only made it worse.

What are you, retarded?

DUDE WEED LMAO
Good, you potheads deserve everything you get.

Good luck faggot outside unless someone who is legit crazy and fully self aware about it were to make a game you'd generally not get anything except Depression Quest-tier shit or worse. And if such a guy was motivated enough to do so it'd still be hard because not being deficient mentally would make it really fucking hard to properly convey what's going on.

420 everyday makes you very irresponsible and careless. You lose your sense of danger and underestimate the gravity of any situation. Similar shit happened to someone i know, driving his car into a gas station kiosk. Worst part is that no matter how much you warn weed lmaos, they won't listen to the point where they would rather disregard family and friends for drugs. But well, you reap what you sow.

This reads like DARE shit from middle school. Are you sure this person wasn't already severely retarded?

No. I grew up in a trash neighbourhood and i saw the different effects of most drugs with my own eyes. While weed is indeed one of the least dangerous drugs, everyone i know who went 420 everyday started to disregard being careful in every aspect. The reason why they also call weed a starter drug is because that careless behaviour can lead them to taking heavier drugs later on. Of course you're already a moron if you start to take drugs in the first place, but they will turn you literally retarded if you take them regularly, including weed.

Well I never saw anything that extreme myself, I always laughed at the excessive demonization of weed in particular because all the potheads I know are just lazy burnouts. Though the drug of choice in my area is pill popping and pot was never the "cool kids" drug so I guess all the would be gas station smashers are instead zoned out on ritalin or dexedrine. That shit is way worse for you than dope if you ask me but I would definitely be biased

It's more about the frequency of taking it. Most starter potheads smoke weed unregularly or only at weekends, which only enhances their lazyness and "whatever" line of thinking, mostly applying to university students or part time jobbers living at their parents place. Once they have begun to take it everyday or even multiple times a day, that's when the careless behaviour starts to appear. Often around the time they start to grow weed themselves and the high costs disappear.

I had an idea related to this, but it doesn't deserve its own thread since it's not even a complete thought, so I'm going to post it here.

I deal with pretty bad obsessive compulsive disorder, and I think it'd be possible to reverse engineer it to turn it into a horror game, with the mechanics being analogues for symptom management. The manifestation and severity of the horror elements would be tied to them, being the parallel to the panic that sets in while you try to either prevent or sate your compulsion, but can't. The more you panic, the harder it is to do it "correctly," and the faster and more incorrectly you try to do it out of desperation, which just makes you panic and struggle more, until you're totally locked down, freaking out and obsessed with it.

It'd have to be consistently unnerving and make the player feel constantly under threat in order to accomplish that, which is a big hurdle that can't be overcome by cheap scares. If the feeling could be properly recreated, it would be interesting to get normalfags to experience it, and then reveal what they'd been through, but I can't think of a way to do that without it coming off as really pretentious. Is this idea dumb and only interesting to me because I can relate to it, or is there potential in it?

factorio

Please stop calling things that aren't even text adventures "video games". Shit thread.

Please stop replying to posts without reading them. Shit post.

Is that a panel from the "Oh no it's reddited" comic?

Weird, I thought the thread was deleted…
No, headpats don’t actually exist, idiot.

I keep meaning to try and find some bizarre worlds, most interesting one I came across so far is probably that avatar dungeon with the floor puzzles.

well there is that "game" thats supposed to simulate autistic child's perspective but all it does is make the screen grainy when you approach the other kids in the playground.

dont OCD people have very strict protocols they have to follow when doing things? how about concept for game where you have to do a task and as long as you do it specific way nothing bad happens but at the same time you wont progress in the game. in order to beat the game you have to break the habit but doing so will induce increasingly graphic imagery and sounds.

The new game is being produced by Kadokawa.

The Suffering

Well,it was ambigious whether or not torque was crazy and just had INSANE FUCKING STRENGTH,or if all the demons on the island and himself actually happened.

Ironic shit is still shit, retard.