Lisa thread, including fangames edition

Do you have the joy, user?
Yes I am aware that Austin cracked under dead daddy stress and sperged out on twitter.
Doing a new normal mode run on Painful with the QoL mod.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/HCDCI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm surprised how many people were surprised by his outburst. You have to know that these games weren't made by a stable, well-adjusted person.

I wonder how much his father's death set back the release of Ninja Tears, when he did the Q&A here I think he said he was anticipating a 2016 release.

No, but I have plenty of white guilt. Thanks, Trump.

Well of course it's obvious that his own trauma and other shit in his life influenced his creations. Hell, Lisa the First was made due to him remembering one of his past GFs telling him about how her daddy abused her, and he wanted to make a game reflecting how much abuse can affect someone iirc. Also, the way that Austin designed Brad to be based off of his own father even naming the character after his dad, and how much of a fucked and depressed person Brad is in the game, it says a lot about his life.

I remember one of my classmates would tell me all about the sexual abuse she received when we were still in grade school. I only realized it years later how fucked up that was, I don't even know what my relationship with her is like or why she even told me those things.

I found the archive of the first Q&A thread if anyone wants to reminisce. I know there was a second as well.
archive.is/HCDCI

Lots of gems in there. I can even pinpoint my exact ID but I don't want to let on how much I was shitposting.

Thanks fam.

thanks man
Dingaling was a pretty cool for going here of all places for this.

The gameplay, walking around on different planes, dropping down, climbing up over and over and over was so tedious and unexciting I only got 30 minutes in. Plus it looks fucking terrible, I don't understand how people have the patience for this type of lazy indie pixel shit in the current year.

Like I'm not even mad at the guy I feel genuine pity and think he needs help.

What the fuck user

I wonder how the game would look in the artstyle of The Curse of Monkey Island. In my head it seems fitting.

I'm not aware of it, can you spoon feed tell me what happened?

She was probably fishing for attention. Abused women usually do that for attention or pity, good thing you're a dense faggot. It is only meaningful if you're actually close and it's something she can easily tell to someone.

Austin went Full McIntosh with white guilt shit, and DRUNOLD DRRRRUUUUUMMMMMPPPPHHHHHHHH if I remember correctly.

Is this a good game for family boning?

But in the AMA he did here he said that his life was actually pretty normal and that he's simply drawn to dark stories. I specifically remember this because I asked him whether he had any trauma in his life.

Yes.

You'll want Lisa: the First, and even then it's only hinted at subtly. You sick faggot

His dad died and then he went full SJW and started sperging over Trump winning the elections, saying shit like how he is ashamed of being white and hates all white people, the usual bullshit. I wonder if he realises his father would have thought he's a huge fucking faggot had he heard that while alive.

I really like those new remixes, some of them are even better than the originals.

I had no problems finishing Painful and Joyful but fuck me, Pointless is hard.
Does anyone have some tips ?
I just arrived at the meat shop.

everyone who's even mildly intelligent hates trump for obvious reasons, but that "white guilt" shit is dumb as hell.
right-wingers wallow in idpol, claiming they hate a good game because of some dumb political shit from the creator. get a spine, kids!

Goat kick + Ironhoof works 90% of time. There is a Joy mutant in one of the caves that doesn´t attack at all when you engage him in combat, so use him to restore SP. If you get stuck on a particular enemy, see the game´s wikia page. Other than that, I didn´t find THAT difficult, maybe except for the limited amount of saves.

I don't see anyone here saying they hate lisa now, it's just a bunch of people lamenting over someone who used to be alright and mentally sound having a mental breakdown due to the loss of their father, though nice try.

Trial and error is common on first playthroughs. Just try to keep your SP up and spam the hardest hitting attacks. Look at the wiki for bosses you can't get past to look for strategies. Also, don't waste healing items.

>everyone who's even mildly intelligent hates trump for obvious reasons otherwise you're saying "you're dumb for liking trump and I'm not gonna say why"

Bulk food; do not waste your mags in anything other than bulk food, Joel is the bottle tosser, the designated item user along with his debuff abilities, use Alex as a damage dealer no matter how injured you are keep on pushing, once you get minor iris and twisted stance you conquered the game.

Not even trying to hide where you come from, eh Pinko?

But what if Alex, your main damage dealer, is critically injured? Bulk food does jack shit during combat, and pretty much wastes a turn. Also, there's only so much perfume you know. That shit runs out fast. I would recommend at least keeping something that isn't bulk food on you at all times, because some of the bosses hit you fucking hard.

Aye, the thing is that you can't really do any farming in pointless and restocking health items after every tough fight is not feasible, i managed to complete it with the items lying around in the world and killing everything for the attack bonus in the infinite franchise hole while trying to complete the sidequests.

Perhaps restocking after every single fight isn't feasible, but that's why you use items smartly, and use resting moments like the dinner scene and Lester's reward to heal.

First Undertale and now this. Why do devs that like Earthbound always do this?

Because you have to be fucked in the head to like Earthbound.

All the good and mature devs liked LiveALive better than Earthbound, the Mother series (barring probably the first) is babby's first tragic backstory.

If you backtrack a bit after a certain point, you should find an enemy whose only attack is to feed you hp

but only if you pay him mags, he might be used as a way to recharge SP too

Mother's success has hinged on its bizarre game-worlds and there's a huge base for such things, as evidenced by break-out indie titles later down the line like Yume Nikki or quiet cult classics like LSD (and co., lookin' at you, really early Japanese PC games). Associated with this is the soundtracks, which often have an experiential nature to them, ranging from crazy and frenetic to trace-like ambiance, and as Mother as a series developed, this factor only got more extreme.
The overlap of these makes it appeal strongly to the experience crowd. I don't want to paint that with a bad brush, either, because said crowd has just as many people who've been seeking out obscure or innovative titles for decades as tumblrites looking for things to wave around as proof they're muh gamers.
As an added note, there's a decent degree of overlap in audiences with Touhou, which is so game-focused that you'd struggle to find anyone who dismisses it except maybe to say "fuck you, dodonpachi is better", an objectively true and inarguable statement.

I don't even know her name and yet she's already best girl

You post this fucking everywhere, we get it.

Shit, wrong pic

Okay fine, i'll admit the autism made me do it.

Is that tranny Bubsy?

I think it's meant to just be a rule 63 biologically female Bubsy. I've seen this shit from Space Funeral 4.

Yeah, when I couldn't find my post I figured there had to be another time he came back.

Did you seriously miss that entire chapter of internet stupidity?

You forgot to say that Conker is a cuntboy in the canon of that faggot.

How the fuck did I miss this?

I think this mod is basically one big "fuck you" to all the worst parts of the furry fandom.

I want to go to the other reality where autists and faggots latched onto something other than furshit. Why did it have to be furshit?

Because it was not only cute and soft, but juuust detached enough from reality to comfortably latch on.

Any way of setting Austin on the right path?
Away from SocJus cancer?
Any chance at all?

Which LISA fangame? You never said. I'm interested now.

Lisa the Furless
Be warned, they have a tumblr

Here's what I don't get though, I've read two comics posted around here and this person looks like they obviously know how to draw and treats this "oc" as a comic relief character. So is he just trolling us all or is it just lowkey serious?

Wait, is this hidden content?

No, it's on their tumblr – It hasn't been released yet.

Is that SexuaLobster's music slowed down in the background?

You're right, it is

Eh it's a basic rpg with serviceable gameplay. People like it for the characters, dialogue, dark humor etc.

I beat Painful and Joyful, then did Hopeful and Pointless. Really such a great series. I wish there were more.

Starting to think about it a lot of the music in the game sounds like Coil instrumentals, or at least this track