Game patches thread

Post games that have patches that greatly enhance the experience, such as fixing bugs, restoring content, general quality of life enhancements, etc. Think the Final Fantasy Tactics PSP slowdown fix and skill quote restoration patches, and the Final Fantasy V Advance sound restoration patch.
I'll start the thread with a pre-patched ROM of my own: Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow Definitive Edition, I call it. Includes these changes:
>Luck is no longer bugged not that you'll ever get that last Soul you need for 100% :^)****
Get it here: my.mixtape.moe/uwjdkf.nds

Other urls found in this thread:

server.romhacking.net/translations/3374/
romhacking.net/hacks/3810/
romhacking.net/hacks/3819/
romhacking.net/hacks/2248/
thealmightyguru.com/Games/Hacking/Hacks/SimonsRedaction.html
bisqwit.iki.fi/cv2fin/
romhacking.net/hacks/450/
romhacking.net/hacks/3706/
pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=356042
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DIcrvv_-Ij0bLgl2yc9Ah7wqeAFbTWcgRuKma4tgueo/htmlview?sle=true#
romhacking.net/hacks/1947/
romhacking.net/hacks/1991/
romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23436.0
romhacking.net/hacks/797/
romhacking.net/translations/1375/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1149466083
drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx0l9x_pzmVESXV1aldXZ0dEcjg
the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?10318-RELEASE-PS1-Resident-Evil-Ultimate-Directors-Cut-Dual-Shock-MOD
mega.nz/#!rM0GEJra!DQxd0apCFnQFt3Ew0k-oXk2oba5oQcgjkI3kLo1vg5s
mega.nz/#!F9RVABzT!UGdEZsLj1tyICQCiCeYH5j7czdGjtlg8bmhM73EiOEE
romhacking.net/hacks/2229/
romhacking.net/hacks/3307/
romhacking.net/hacks/514/
web.archive.org/web/20170806132313/http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3322/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone to prove it isn't bullshit or another port of Cory in the House ? Because I smell bullshit.

server.romhacking.net/translations/3374/
Here's one for Mother 3 that swaps Lucas and Claus, and changes the story to reflect it.
I haven't really played it yet but it sounds neat.

Who would go and post lies on the internet?
It seems real from what I can tell.

that alone is worthwhile. thanks user. More DS games removing touch screen BS would be great. As for you other question I just visit Romhacking.net form time to time. Apparently Sonic 3D Blast: Director’s Cut just got another update.

romhacking.net/hacks/3810/

I checked it and it seems like the real deal. My apologies, OP.

Hyper Metroid: a total overhaul of Super Metroid.
There have been a few decent hacks for SM among the pile of shit that was either tiny or stupidly hard, but HM made it hard for me to go back to the vanilla game. Considering how much I loved SM, I can't give it much higher praise.

Don't worry about it.

romhacking.net/hacks/3819/
Fixes the localization of Opoona somewhat.

romhacking.net/hacks/2248/
Hack for Phantom Hourglass to patch out the touch screen gimmick. Another one for Spirit Tracks also exists.

Metroid NES Romhacks

metroid plus saving v0.4
-minimap
-save
-wall jump
metrhoid mOTHER
-map
-save
-improved graphics
Extra Mario Bros
-mario themed metrovania

not in my objective opinion.

but when we are talking about improving nes classics there is always this gem:

thealmightyguru.com/Games/Hacking/Hacks/SimonsRedaction.html

Ops wrong version. This is the proper "fix" to Simon's Quest:
bisqwit.iki.fi/cv2fin/

What did it do fag?

Okay, sure, why not.
For what purpose?

For what purpose is Samus a strong woman who don’t need no man?

Westerns can do basically nothing right.

It says she had a husband right fucking there

Are you even fucking literate in English, you blithering idiot.

Japs get out.

Are you?

I remember when Pokemon Black/White where in the midst of coming out, I thought It leaked early, got excited, downloaded it and there were like 30+ copies of cory in the house compressed into a single archive.

Thanks for confirming you’re either not white, illiterate in English, or have a sub-80 IQ.

user, look at again. She is married.

Christ on a cracker, you incomprehensibly stupid motherfuckers. This place is supposed to be better than 4chan. None of you even has a fucking average intelligence. We’ll go over it so you can see how stupid you are.

Since you’re obviously too retarded to comprehend what even THIS guy is saying, I’ll hold your fat hand through it. This question actually says:
To which I replied WITH. A. QUESTION. that demanded justification for the OPPOSING view. This is obviously too complex a concept for you fuckers to wrap your amygdalae around, so have a picture. If you haven’t seen the edits of it, too fucking bad; it’s not hosted anywhere on the Internet, apparently. Look at what the nigger’s saying. “Why not make him black?” The edit responds “If race doesn’t matter, WHY make him black?” That’s what I said above. Fucking kill yourselves.
IF YOU ARE TOO STUPID TO HAVE THE READING COMPREHENSION SKILLS NECESSARY TO UNDERSTAND A SIMPLE FUCKING IMPLIED STATEMENT, YOU NEED TO FUCKING LEAVE.

The problem with your spergout is that my implication was not
It's
And you barged in here with /r9k/ shit. You're completely off-base to begin with, and in no position to teach anyone about reading comprehension.

Dipshit, Adam is the fucktard from Other M, if you don't actually know about one of the things that turned Metroid into shit you really need to shut the fuck up and chill out.

Adam's last name is Malkovich, not Aran, unless he took Samus' last name for some reason in this story.

They fixed the stuttering on Pro, ofcourse months after day one buyers finished the game.

I think pretty much every game needs at least 3 patches these days.

Honestly this was the worst part of this hack. Otherwise I'd say Hyper Metroid is great. Also if the story bothers you that much someone made a patch that removes Adam; however, it changes a couple of other stuff.
mega.nz/#!Z18R3BpS!iEOaTGODY4GSnuQp1aIGcqVCoYnUMwJSdsJXDYqodY4

Played until the bombs, I like the changes in the level design so far. The gritty reboot-style story took me by surprise but I'm curious to see where he's going with this at the very least.

It changes Samus' whole backstory to be about her having a miscarriage because of space pirates, then for the sake of revenge, building the Varia suit herself from chozo tech she just happened to have.

Westerners should be banned from making anything involving a female character.

Why does he wear the mask?

pretty sure that's how the meme came about

nearly every undub

Those are terrible and they still look and sound nowhere near as good as the SNES originals.

Let's just make this a romhack thread already
On the subject of improvements, I really like the "Contra Hard Corps Enhancement hack", that has mostly Quality of Life enhancements, such as skippable briefings and a more readable font.
romhacking.net/hacks/450/
By the way, here's a "fixed" version of Hyper Metroid if you're so triggered about the story change (I know it's dumb, but it's just a retarded fanfiction of the hack's author. Besides the custom still images were nice. Metroid Rogue Dawn also has a retarded as fuck story, but I love it anyways)
romhacking.net/hacks/3706/

So what's so special about Sigma Emerald?

wondering as well.

Everything is automatically good with anime.

This is actually pretty cool.
Too bad my DS doesn't work too good anymore.
Gonna keep it on watch for when I play super mario star world on an emulator

pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=356042

Speaking of pokémon, anyone got a link for the latest Pokémon Prism? I don't wanna join a disagreement just for that.
That, and also a pokemon hack or standalone game with all known pokemon and updated mechanics?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DIcrvv_-Ij0bLgl2yc9Ah7wqeAFbTWcgRuKma4tgueo/htmlview?sle=true#

Well apparently

Also
I wish it had the Gen 6+ exp share, though.

Thank you.

I wish it had day/night added back in, any gen 3 rom hacks do that?

I've never played it. I just googled.

romhacking.net/hacks/1947/
romhacking.net/hacks/1991/
They're separate patches in the archives.

Here. I also brought Polished Crystal and Pokemon Clover in case you give a shit about those.
mega.nz/#F!kg01zSLa!Y4obkFQ9CiZ3JkmwnRsW1Q

I'm at a loss for words.

Not just him, I also understood your question as
You should have been more clear, posting on a board filled with people that unironically have a problem with fictional girls having canon boyfriends/husbands (somewhat /a/ board culture, and Holla Forums has plenty of /a/ crossover). He was not spouting "/r9k/ shit," he was implying you are "/r9k/" for (in his interpretation) complaining about Samus being married in the hack. /r9k/ would not have argued, as he did, "What's wrong with her having a husband in this romhacker's shitty fanfiction?" /r9k/ (or really, /a/ waifu autists) would have gone "REEEEE Y U MAKE MY ARYAN WAIFU A SLUT?" regardless of Metroid canon because they want their waifus to be pure 2d virgins. He was just too quick to assume you were a waifufag.

Some hacks that undo increased difficulty when games were brought over to the US
romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23436.0
romhacking.net/hacks/797/

Translation for the Japanese version of Streets of Rage 3 which was butchered when it was brought to the United States
romhacking.net/translations/1375/

Patch that undoes the censorship done to Streets of Rage 2
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1149466083
drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx0l9x_pzmVESXV1aldXZ0dEcjg

Patch for Resident Evil Director's Cut on the PlayStation that adds back the original soundtrack and adds the uncircumcised videos
the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?10318-RELEASE-PS1-Resident-Evil-Ultimate-Directors-Cut-Dual-Shock-MOD

Zoinkity's translation of Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Earth for the N64 that replaced the text in the ROM instead of replacing the text using graphical replacement
mega.nz/#!rM0GEJra!DQxd0apCFnQFt3Ew0k-oXk2oba5oQcgjkI3kLo1vg5s

Hmmmmmm…

Isn't it better to just play the uncut version?

Anyone have Pokemon Prism?

Literally right here you motherfucker

Just play the superior PC version in 480p you faggots

I made a fix for the Fallout New Vegas mod Fallout Character Overhaul to change Cass's hair and eyes back to red and green instead of blonde and blue i'll link it in case anybody wants it. mega.nz/#!F9RVABzT!UGdEZsLj1tyICQCiCeYH5j7czdGjtlg8bmhM73EiOEE

StarTropics music fix
romhacking.net/hacks/2229/

StarTropics - No Movement Delay
romhacking.net/hacks/3307/

Megaman Wily Wars SRAM Save Hack
romhacking.net/hacks/514/

Mega Man - The Wily Wars Move-Shoot hack
… was removed from romhacking.net, presumably this is why:
web.archive.org/web/20170806132313/http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3322/
no you can't download it, I'm just listing it in case it ever gets fixed and reuploaded
also you could just not play megaman 2, assuming you can find a download for the hack somewhere

forgot to mention, the removed Move-Shoot hack
or rather, it did. before they took it down.

how about hacks that restore cut content?

Does it have auto-aim?

The Awful Fantasy
It greatly enchanses your understanding of why everyone hates goons. The humor is so inside-we-so-cool that still today it can be used to point out how much of a brainless shithole SA really was and .

Neato
For fucks sake, couldn't they have kept this as a separate project entirely? I don't necessarily trust his judgement on changing the game's design in what should be a restoration patch.

bump