Arcades

Hi Holla Forums, Indonesianon here from the last thread about arcades.
You might not like the low-quality Indonesian shit in US stores (that for some reason I have to go abroad or by direct from factories), but at least the arcade scene here is Vibrant. These photos are from Amazing World, Casablanca Mall, Jakarta, Indonesia.
Please don't derail thread into another newfag vs oldfag debate. I am a newfag myself but thought this would interest Holla Forums.

Post pictures

Internet is slow here. Be patient.

Pic is Miemie, a rhythm game. Don't play this on expert or above if you lack stamina.

Time Crisis 5.

Tekken Tag 2

How many goats have you fucked this week you stupid terrorist

What are your opinions on the Chinese? :^)

Some rhythm game I don't play but looks fancy

None, but I have eaten pork. That should give a small hint on what ethnicity and religion I am.

What are you doing in Indonesia? Are you Asian? White?

Can you get arcade machines cheap over there?

Gundam arcade fighting game it seems. Not into these, but used to play WMMT a lot. Stopped because people stopped playing like gentlemen and started ramming shit everywhere and made bumper cars simulator 9000 with catchup.

These games are ones outside movie theaters that don't last very long and cost a lot to play. Also, isn't indonesia the country where it is near impossible to tell the men and women apart?

I thought that was Thailand

Chinese. Woo boy do Chinese do dirty shit, but they are redpilled on race - can tell you that much.

Danz Base. You can find these machines even in Kalimantan/Borneo ffs. I play it and make a giant mess of myself with friends. Lovely stuff and makes for great inside jokes.

I've played TC5 once but i would sell my soul to play some TTT2 Arcade. I thought this one could only be found in Japan.

You mean the XXI ones? They used to be priced more reasonably at around 3750rp-5000rp per play at most. Now games there go 7500rp-10000rp with new machines being shit like Pokemon Troyei or whatever. Shit stuff basically aside from Initial D.

Pic is Some crappy racing game, not initial D but dumb fun.

Are you the user thats doing the arcade dumps?

Not sure. But compared to the few western arcades I have seen, less than a dollar per play usually, which is alright by my standards.

Nope, but some user wanted pics from last thread so here you go… I just hope he sees this.

Pic is the newest PUMP, people prefer this over DDR these days.

you'd be surprised by some of the shit Indonesian arcades get. Doesn't compare to Singapore but to your average western Arcade, rotting away with no modern games and still stuck with pinballs and D3? Heck yeah. I really miss those Daytona cabinets though, used to pwn much older people playing it. Buttmad was awesome.

Surprising find - never seen these before, but given that it's a retro AM2 game I would be expecting a blast when I find the time to play this. Tbh would rather go time attacking on D8 though. Or stomping kids/noobs.

That's it for now.

Seems like arcades are heavy on the immersive games nowadays, always thought that was an excuse to charge more per play.

Yes, that's Thailand and not Indonesia.

People here would otherwise just stick to their consoles/PCs. I know I otherwise would. Despite all the shitskins here, they don't do shit in arcades and people prefer to just "lepak" as the singaporeans and malaysians call it. Imagine your average gopnik squad but browner, wearing t-shirts, less adidas, and coffee instead of vodka. That's your average lad here.
Heck, my biological dad was actually even worse than my shitskin driver at teaching me how to be a man. These people are usually nice guys, as long as they aren't riled up by provokateurs.

On a side note, those protests against Ahok smelled of Soros funds. Lunch provided, uniforms and even transport from fucking Aceh back and forth, probably even accomodation! It isn't 100% organic, but those hooligans at night sure were.

PS. if you can't one credit TC like I do, git gud.

Mantap bang

That racing game looks fun, seems like those early 2000s racers inspired by the fast and teh furious but I don't think I ever heard of it.
I saw the word midnight and assumed it was midnight club at first but it's not.

Post more, that picture looks cool.

this is pretty cool OP. Thank you for sharing. This was the last "arcade" near me. It closed down over 10 years ago. It's not quite as I remember it as the last time I had visited was probably 2003 or 2004, but it's a shame what became of it. It also avoided the drug dealer/gang crime problem that plagued most other arcades, this one had an entry fee and relied on tokens for games, had tickets as an award in some games (usually traditional ones like skee ball), tickets which could be exchanged for prizes. Good to see there's at least some video record of it having existed on the internet.

It's wangan midnight maximum 5dx+, and the physics are cancer since they encourage blocking more than skilled play. Multiplayer is literally bumper cars. Fuck that shit.

Oh, that's a shame.
That's why arcades are perfect for multiplayer though, you can bully others if they're fags.

For an arcade of that time, racing cabs are outdated, lack of daytona is disappointing but expected. No Daytona USA 2, which was my favorite to roflstomp adults with as a kid. Those shocked faces of older teens and adults were priceless!

Surprisingly no fistfights. Apologies for posting like this anons, internet is shit and I'm a newfag so I have no idea if I can even edit posts.

yeah, that's generally it. The place was probably bleeding money, they invested more in amusement attractions and less in games and upped the prices significantly..

Boy, that's a shame. Back then in Indonesia the most expensive games cost 5000rp a play, or about 0.5 USD I think. Most were 1000/2000rp, meaning a dime or two - not even a quarter! Shit was dirt cheap here and in comparison it still is!
Fuck, even most of the steam games here are cheaper. Wish paradox wasn't so cucked ahout Turks, and MEIOU wasn't so railroaded to have Turks conquer Italy and the steppes every game with Ming China every fucking game as well.

go back to fscchan wan

Ahok? last time I heard that name, he quit his mayor(?) job, what he doing right now?

just curious as one of your neighbor, the rise of islamisim in your country seems scary

He got arrested for blasphemy. Seems like FPI and whoever is funding them (probably Soros and co.) Are getting their way so far.

>in my indonesia?
More likely than you think.

Hey thanks for the pictures, user. I was the OP from the last arcades thread. The variety over there does seem to be larger than most arcades in here in Burgertopia.

At least the actual museum section was neat. Seeing all the SDK's and debug units was neat. The gamecube 'dolphin' one having an n64 cart slot was wierd.

Skeggy still the best in europe for arcade.

Drugs are what shut down the last arcade in my hometown, 15 years ago. One day cops busted the place down and the owner skipped town to never be seen again.

It was a Hui who brought down the Majapahit… We've been in Indonesia for longer than you would think. Though what he says is definitely true on your typicalmainlanders. Loud, noisy, and impolite as fuck. Are we a net drain on Indonesian society? Maybe because we dodge taxes, but to my knowledge even Indonesian companies dodge taxes, and it isn't chinese people at the top, running the show in Indonesia - at least not directly and that I know of.
Yeah China is shit in comparison to western living standards. It's cramped as fuck and probably more polluted than victorian London, but China is having its industrial revolution quite late. Give it some time to figure things out. The funny thing is that the mainland Chinese seem to have a colonization program, sending Chinks like myself to Angola by the thousands and even to SEA, even if illegally. Some overly prideful mainlander blurted it out in one of my visits there… I approve of African colonization but not of Indonesia.
Also gunpowder. Mongols would not have gotten very far without it.

Wuss, go try those rhythm games out. Only reason I don't is because I'm too lazy to learn. Just tap to the music for the most part and you're good.

Definitely.

That's probably a college part-timer. Museum likely does not have the funds to import all the good stuff from Japan/Asia.
Or Asia doesn't export to the US, idk.

Nignogs do that? At least the people here know to do drugs in private and buy them in alleyways rather than where they bring their fucking kids every weekend or so! 70 IQ shows again - even lower than the 85 average here. Nogs don't seem to have common sense, or a sense of time for the most part.
Anons, if you can do market research, ie asking randoms around your neighbourhood/suburb about arcades, then do so! If you find that people are alright with them - that's a business opportunity and you should grab it. Only problem is getting cash for that, as you would have to either fundraise, save up wads of cash somehow, or go to (((banks))) for a (((loan))) with usury.

Jeez, no wonder I saw armed guards at malls in CA. Fucking savages, wish they'd all go back to Africa and their mud huts.

American schools also have police officers and in LA at least they have metal detectors, niggers truly do ruin everything.

I'd be happy to shoot them, when civil war comes. The atmosphere in California is tense when I visited - it is a powderkeg waiting to be sparked. All it would take is a surgical strike on the electricity grids… Then anarchy and war shall reign.

Not even niggers. The place was a front owned by the hell's angels since the 80s who pushed weed and pills on teens and young adults who came to play in arcades. Kids were not tolerated. It got what it deserved.

Is that why they love jews and hate each other?

Well, not the family I am part of, no. I think this is a family-by-family thing but we all know how badly nogs screw up, at least. It was my Grandpa who redpilled me on a lot of things.
Chinese factionalism is cancer but it is what weeds out the weak imho.

Explain what you mean by this, for being alone is not a weakness, even to you 假的 福模糖

I remember playing Daytona or some NASCAR game one time, it still had a CRT monitor so it was probably made around the 90s or early 2000s. Now that I think about it, how did they even get a cabinet for that to eastern europe? It was under communism during the 80s and wasn't rich enough for things like that after the collapse until around 97. It was a pretty sick cabinet though.

I didn't realize Indonesia was a thing. Is it third world muslim country?

The only thing I never liked about PIU is the mission mode's unreliable, retardedly ineffective difficulty indicators (inconsistent difficulty scale instead of using numbers 1-30 like arcade mode (fixed Prime onwards, apparently), vague descriptions of gimmicks), and how they fail to mention how many people are required for a mission (e.g. Triple attack in PIU NXA). Also lack of proper tutorial (learning twists, hands (triple, quadruple steps), modifiers in older releases) is shit.
Lastly, I concur DDR a shit. Hell, Andamiro even beats Konami at making DDR charts (Pump Pump Revolution).

This thread made me smile of the good ol days.

There's a national video game museum here in Burgerland, but it's probably not much better than the one you went to.

SEA monkeys arr rook same.

Being alone isn't a weakness necessarily, true, but realize that having internal competition within such a large race (1 billion + people!) will lead to those who are too weak to be able to succeed in life via this strong competition in between families to simply be unable to rear more kids, or to send them to suicide. It simply is natural selection in that case.
My grasp of Chinese isn't as good as I want it to be as my parents wanted me to speak English even over Indonesian and Chinese. I feel somewhat cheated out of being unable to speak my ancestral tongue, as I can even speak daily Indonesian better. That phrase has something to do with fortune and sugar, and an attribute of some sort.

Third world and muslim yes, even in the original meaning of being a non-aligned country in the cold war.

I know my countrymen, especially your typical mainlander are giant douchebags. To my knowledge we always have been. That doesn't mean you shouldn't look for business opportunity where you can see it though.

You can tell someone is native from Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia apart from someone who lives in Indonesia/Philippines/Malaysia. Also you can tell Singaporeans by their extremely distinctive accents

Won't be surprised if it is shit even if it is one of the best places to have an arcade. I think the market potential is there - but it has to keep out niggers, spics, and gangs. I believe an entry fee plus free play is the way to go here - a relatively high entry fee just like Disneyland, but lower in comparison to that ofc, offering passes for varying amounts of time ranging from daily to yearly, and perhaps even lifetime. I strongly believe that if someone were to open a true arcade, even if it's just filled with retro games, and not one of those barcades or bowling alleys in a white-dominant area or bars entry to nigs/spics/gangs somehow, then it sure as hell can prosper. People miss arcades - just look at any fucking western gaming forum with an arcade subtopic/focus and REDDIT ffs. Heck, the presence of the previous thread and this thread having some traffic indicates that gamers, at least old-school gamers like
and perhaps a few millenial/genZs are interested. Given that it's the millenials and GenZs in the arcades I frequent that I see, I think people are generally like arcades, only shitty people ruin it.

nver thought i'll see another indonesiananon here. must have missed ur last thread. sad thing is those arcades are dying, less and less people go there. From where im from, Surabaya, the arcades are giving out ridiculous credit bonuses when you are trying to fill money into ur card, which u use to play those game. i remember when i was small these arcade were the biggest jew, like u need to buy their card with money and there'll be no credit inside and u charge it with money. sadly things are not going in their favor nowadays and their are practically giving u more credits than what you pay.

I'm really sorry about that. For what it's worth the stories and sharing in both threads was fantastic to read. Unfortunately I have no real arcade memories to share. Maybe the only story would be the time I scored a stuffed Road Runner out of a crane game, I loved that show, and still have the toy somewhere.

Commiefornian here.

Your arcades are shit. We have a billion arcades per square mile that blow shit like that out of the water. If only we can get rid of shitlibs as fast as we can shitty arcades.

Where's that bait.jpg when you need it

It still fucking amazes me at how (((di/v/erse))) Holla Forums is, i guess vidya really does bring people together.
Tinggal dimana lu tong? btw lu masi inget masa arcade pake token? Trus kemana ya Timezone?
Oh ya, bulan depan dah Imlek lo Seneng juga ada org indo selain gw disini

He's going through a divorce at the moment

This tho, Malls are now more of a place for hang-outs rather than to actually buy things. 90% of the people i see go to the Malls to eat and hang-out together, and that's where the arcades come into the picture.

Nigga, arcades of the past doesn't even have cards, They all use tokens that you could save up in-case you want to go there again. I really miss those tokens since they actually felt that they had more weight compared to regular old change our country uses. I guess they switched to Cards since its more efficient and the Madurans must have embezzled the tokens into used metal or some shit.
How old are you?

>It still fucking amazes me at how (((di/v/erse))) Holla Forums is
I'm guessing it's more diverse than any tumblr safe space you could find but nobody talks about their race because it would easily turn the board into Holla Forums besides only racists care about race :^)
Sage for off-topic

Yeah, we've been incorporating a lot of southern chinese slang words in our language due to them being the dominant majority. Doesn't help that we don't have a unique culture too. But hey, merlions

Weeb culture is stronk, and the arcade scene is supported by it.

What the fuck did you expect it's fucking VIDEO GAMES, a lot of people across the world play them.
Also I am OP but I post on both my phone, PC, and have dynamic IP.
orng jkt barat , ke taman anggrek tetapi Puri lebih dekat dan banyak.
I'm pretty sure there's going to be a surprising amount of indonesianons here since you can access 8ch but not cuckchan lmao.

Are you even Indonesian bang?
Ga ada satu pun waktu gue anak2 yang memakai kartu. Timezone pun baru 2004(?) ada kartu - sebelum itu memang pake token semuanya.

Certainly more distinct than Malaysian and Indonesian though. Fite me Malays.

are there good arcades in Bandung? Singaporeans like shopping over there

Ciwalk.

bumpan

How can a Muslim even be in there? Music is haram.

Only to the Salafi, yes. Others are okay with music. A sect called Sufi (those turkroach dervishes) get themselves deep into musical trance to be closer to God.

Because most people in Urban centers are fucking normies and don't give two shits about what their religious head has to say about things, especially if it relates to leisure time and hobbies. There are always going to be exceptions, however. This also applies to Indonesia.
Also kids being there without their parents knowing.

Indonesian women (same goes with Malaysians) of the past are less likely to wear headscarf compared to today. I bet the Arabs Jews were behind this shit
Rather oddly, people wearing burkas are still seen as weird. I think that should give you an idea of how much religion is treated in the country.

There's a barcade (mostly arcade, surprisingly) which opened near a local university at the beginning of the year. The fighting game club in the other university has events there every Thursday, and the venue is much busier than I would have thought. It isn't exactly authentic ($5 venue fee, all machines on free play) and the room is literally a drywalled basement with zero decoration aside from some tacky pinups, but it's a good time. We'll see how it fares in the high-rent section of town.

>>>/cuckchan/

Please go back.

Don't fucking derail this thread

Bump

nice fucking pic op, I really want to go into an arcade now, they look fun as shit to play.
Also, the only thing i know from Indonesia is from the movie's The Raid 1 and 2.

Arcades are very, very slowly coming back around me.
Anyone have a Round 1 next to them? I have one an hour away from me in Auburn Hills, Michigan and I fucking love it. Has rare japanese rhythm games that you'd never see anywhere in the US like Sound Vortex, Beatmania IIDX, Miku and most of the other Bemani machines. Should take a picture next time I'm there. Sound Vortex is my new addiction since I'm too much of a scrub for Beatmania. Has all the fightan as well. First time I've ever fucking seen a Guilty Gear booth in my life.

I take it as somewhat of a blessing that I live nowhere near a good arcade. I'd burn so much money there if one was easily accessible to me.

Shit, you know yourself well. I'm and I've already spent $120. I've only been two times. Couldn't stop myself. If it wasn't an hour away I'd be there every single day trying to get gud at the rhythm games.

See, this is why arcades fail in the US I think. They're way too expensive. The model of having to pay for each game should go away. I wouldn't mind something like "Pay $20-30, play unlimited for the day"

They do, but it's only for the shooting/driving/Guitar Hero-tier shit that the little kids gravitate towards. That $120 was just me being retarded (literally spent $30 on some prize machine and $15 on cards). The credits I spent on the first and second day actually last me all day there.

Thanks for posting these, OP.
I always feel nostalgic as fuck when I look at these arcade pictures, and realize that these may never return. In the US.

Top kek anons. Never change. And yes the Indonesian chinks are massively racist, they keep to themselves as much as they can, but this soft-core self-segregation also earned them the ire of the so-called natives.

Those arcades were a big thing in Indonistan until maybe the early 2000s when it died for a few years only to come back in full force around 2010 or so.

t. another ricenigger

You'd think they would of all fled after what happened. Chinese are like ants though, you could never get rid of them.

if the chinese are not racist there should be WAY more mixed chinese people right now.

Indonesian chinks racemixed a lot before the 2000s. Forced naturalization such as demanding them to give up on Chinese names and use indigenous ones instead, forcing them to identify as one of the 5 state-approved religions, and of course the usual shit about them secretly being commies from mainland China (which is bollocks, Indonesian chinks are some of the most capitalistic people out there). However it seems they never really abandoned their culture, on one hand this makes them trad as fuck but on the other hand it also makes them appear unwilling to integrate. Which doesn't really matter anyway since the Indonesian nation already has gajillions of differing indigenous cultures.

The chinks have already been migrating to and staying in the Indonesian archipelago hundreds if not thousands of years ago. They were already there when the archipelago was a big empire which happened a few times in its history, at least in the western and central islands. Most of the later generations have no connection whatsoever to mainland China.

polite sage because this is no longer vidya.

Didn't think the Japanese even bothered with exporting to the US anymore… It's good that they are, even in small quantities right now, as it leaves the door open for an arcade renaissance in the US.

Would you rather Holla Forums?

This thread would have already been removed and myself banned because some of the discussion isn't vidya-related on cuckchan. To me, A chan must have several boards, with a core of users that crosspost between them. The boards being: Holla Forums, Holla Forums, Holla Forums, /a/, and Holla Forums. Holla Forums and Holla Forums are the essence of chan culture - randomness, being in your face, confronting unpleasant realities (racism, (((them))), communism, etc). Holla Forums, Holla Forums, and /a/ are supposed to be the hooks for newfags to come, keeping the chans alive as old posters slowly stop posting (via death, getting job, etc) although these days people seem to go straight to Holla Forums or Holla Forums. Even your oldest of oldfag was a newfag on 4chan or SA once, but treating newfags with a silver spoon goes against board culture established by Holla Forums and Holla Forums, hence the 2 years (or more) of lurking.

There are? About 25% of the Chinese Indonesians in my high school class aren't pure. Most mixed with natives, one mixed with peenoise and is utter shit at dota. I used to play with him - but he refused to git gud beyond high 2k mmr, so I stopped playing with him.