Co-op games

Holla Forums I need some good co-op games on PC, a friend and I have had nothing to play together for a long while. Something preferably under 30 dollars with a lot of replayability or length in general. My friend wasn't so hot about EDF or metal slug though I love them, he likes stuff more like diablo or torchlight, anything that can kinda meet us halfway? We both liked dark souls and nioh if there's any other kinda ARPG games like that. We also both liked warframe but he got bored of it a lot faster than I did.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Reviews_DESC&tags=1685
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

System Shock 2
Terraria
Resident Evil 5
Seiken Densetsu 3

Thank you for the recs. And is seiken densetsu 3 on pc?

It's an SNES game but you can run it on an emulator with net play.

Cool.

Path of Exile, if you play builds that don't step on each other's toes.

I know this is gonna be real fucking pleb question, but can I bind movement to wasd? I really find it hard to play games with click to move.

Guild Wars 1 plays fine as a two player coop game (pick up heroes to fill out the other slots) though it'll get even better if you can find two more friends, you'll only need one of the three main campaigns to start with. It's got little-no grind, a good amount of content for your money and is heavily based around tweaking builds.
Alternatively SWAT 4, Ghost Recon 1 or Chaos Theory.

Bump for vidya.

wut

Also

broforce maybe? its cheap and is a PC game with couch co-op

does it have online?

Serious Sam

officers tended to buy their own guns, browning designs were popular in japan.

Might have looted it conceivably.

You wouldn't buy a handgun you couldn't provide ammo for easily.

Ditch the friend. Problem solved.

traitors the lot of them

Monaco: What's Yours is Mine

MGS meets Pacman basically. It's like the movie Ocean's Eleven, a heist game. Payday in topdown view. Lots of replayability and gets brutally hard in the later levels. Also can be speedrun for even more replayability.

Crew of max 4 thieves. There are 8 thieves to choose from, each with their own specialty and abilities.

Opens locked doors and safes faster.
A girl that can enter vents, stairs faster. Also can detect guards through walls.
Can knock out guards from behind.
Has a monkey that collects loot and coins for you.
Can use computers faster and create tons of viruses to disable cameras/lasers.
Has a disguise like James Bond. Can walk infront of guards and it takes them longer to detect you.
Can charm guards and have them open doors for you. Also revives allies faster.

Monaco is really fun, a criminally underrated gem.

Monaco is great fun but it's not really a heist game. Also you really want a full four fags to play for proper times.

Has there actually been a decent heist game since the Sting back in the day?

Insurgency.

Does SC: Chaos Theory online still work?

Oh shit I'd completely forgotten that game even existed. I played the crap out of it's demo back in the day.

Unfortunately no. Ubisoft shut it down in either 2016 or 17

No, unless you count Chaos Theory's Bank I guess.

No but you can connect by IP.

Is he your boyfriend?
He sounds like you are trying to impress him.

Here are some co-op games I enjoyed playing with people.
Portal 2
Left 4 dead 2
borderlands
minecraft
starbound
terraria
Civilization 5
the older call of duty games if you like fps have nice co-op like world at war you can play the whole game together. mw2 has some co-op missions you can do together.

If your friend likes arpg's why don't you just play those with him?
Theres even free games like drakensang and path of exiles.

There's:
Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst - I remember that you can make your own private server to tweak exp and drops if you'd like.
Risk of Rain
Cuphead -Short but you can make it last longer if you're aiming for perfect scores
Barony
Dungeon Lords
Divinity: Original Sin 1+2

If emulation isn't a problem there's always the Monster Hunter series.

Monaco.

How shit are the ports and online co-op, GOG version if there's a difference.

Orcs Must Die! 2
Dungeon Defenders
Helldivers
Trine 2
Saints Row 2, 3 and/or 4
Portal 2
Factorio
Grim Dawn
Risk of Rain
Divinity Original Sin 1 and/or 2
Don't Starve
Killing Floor 1 and/or 2
Payday 2
Tabletop Simulator

Absolutely great game, but SNES Netplay is absolutely atrocious. The easiest way to netplay is with a version of ZSNES that's twelve years old and has massive desync issues because the devs are bad at everything they do. You'll need to go full RetroArch if you want a stable play session, which delves into a much deeper black hole of emulation. Keep this in mind, because it's a pain in the dick.

Underrated co-op gem.

Just use Final Burn Alpha for Metal Slugs instead

I have metal slug 3 on steam and it works great. Had no problems.

>>>/facebook/

Nigger even the Metal Slug collection on PC is good

Get your friend into anime and have cute make out sessions instead

Left 4 Dead 2 is usually like a dollar on steam, get that and search for fanmade custom campaigns for some legitimately fun times.

But thats fucking gay

it's not gay if they're both cute

GHEYYYYYY

THE GAY COMMUNITY?

store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Reviews_DESC&tags=1685

Is there anything similar to Metal Slug out there, I heard Mercenary Kings was mediocre and had RPG elements just to pad out the game.

This is co-op?

EYE?

Yes. It also doesn't work very well

Reminder that we have a dead server for sven
173.18.203.46:27068

Baron Nishi had a 1911 with an ivory grip.

Thief 2 with the coop mod

yeah and it's cancer, don't go there

I just finished Original Sin (Enhanced Edition) with a friend. I can recommend it but you have to keep a few things in mind.
The game has some bugs. Nothing game breaking but it's still annoying. Here's what we found.
Joining a game where any character is overencumbered causes the game to crash.
Saving and Loading at a choice dialogue may cause the subsequent events to bug and game to crash for the host.
You may experience visual bugs like your stats being lower than they should be. Reloading fixes this.
Other than that, I do have one recommendation. Do not go with normal difficulty. The game becomes piss-easy after certain point.

The only cancer about it is its hosted by serbia and his gay twink serious sam group.

It's already got the AIDS just let it die already.

Try L4D it's unironically good.

If the two of you can get into oldschool FPS, Final DooM and DooM 2 have coop and decades of content through sourceports and WADs.

Does svencoop have issues? I was planning on playing through HL1 with a friend using it.

If you have the GOG or Scumble Bundle versions, you can actually find the Neo Geo BIOS and game rom in the files, which you can use with FinalBurn Alpha. I haven't had any luck with MAME, though, and I don't think the roms can be found in the steam versions.

I love L4D but he's not too into shooters

Does he like 2D Beat Em Ups?
Because everyone should play Chronicles of Mystara

That actually looks pretty good, I'll check it out.

Quick note about Mystara, the physical-only JP-only PS3 version is superior from what I've heard, being developed in house at Capcom instead of by Iron Galaxy. The down side is that it costs $40.

Fucking normalfags

How?

I just looked it up. Dosen't seem like anything worth 25 bucks more except for hardcore fans.
-NG+ mode
-More than one player can choose the same character
-player color editing
-New harder and easier difficulties
-level select
-bonus art/interviews

They're by DotEmu, they're trash. Just use MAMEHub if you wanna netplay a Metal Slug.

Full Metal Furries. oh furies.
mixing low-res noodle arm pixelshit with smooth drawn backgrounds and high res UI elements. better be a good damn game with that eye cancer art.

But if you've got friends to play with you could always tell them about this great game called Skyrim they could be buy for their PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PC, XBox 360, Xbox One, Switch, Game Boy Advance, Super Nintendo, Sega DreamCast and coming soon to Virtual Boy.

Thanks

Im a fucking retard and i could manage to install that shit.

Helldivers

It's really an eye cancer, but it's not a bad game, although it could have been a little more difficult

Going to second Guild Wars 1, it's extremely underappreciated with far better customizable skill-based gameplay than most games with RPG systems.

Broforce is ok too. Might last you a few hours, but it's a fun few hours.

Healthy swath of extremely casual games here, but your friend seems like the extremely casual type so maybe he'd like one of them.

E.Y.E. is a very good game, but has a learning cliff that you basically must research and climb before jumping in, unless you're ok wasting tons of time and potentially starting over once you realized how badly you screwed up your build. His friend likes casual loot clicker RPG's, so this is far beyond him.

Speaking of beat-em-ups, Sacred Citadel was also a fun short one of those.

Here's my list OP:
Battleblock Theatre is a platformer with a puzzle mentality; you need both players to cooperate to achieve certain objectives. Same idea with Chariot, but Chariot is far more aggravating. Double Dragon Neon is an ok beat-em-up, but the style and the movement can be a turn off. Iron Fisticle (and maybe Iron Cryptical?) is a dual stick shooter that works alright, but your friend might be too casual to survive even the first few waves. The Lara Croft games are also sorta twin stick shooter, sorta platforming puzzle, sorta horde enemies, sorta screw each other over for loot, I enjoyed both of them. Never Alone is another platformer, but heavy heavy heavy on the story and if you don't like what you see when you look it up, don't bother, it's exactly what you expect. I'll put Devil's Dare in here too just in case I misjudged your friend, but it's a punishingly difficult beat-em-up. Enemy Mind's an ok shooter with a neat twist on possessing new ships to survive some challenges/waves. Hive Jump is a relatively hard platformer/shooter with little to no thought involved, so if you both have good reflexes you might enjoy it. Magicka has a sort of high difficulty curve, but it's a surprisingly fun isometric magic-mixing beat-em game once you get a handle on it. Phantom Breaker Battle Grounds is alright too, usually very cheap, but there's far less mechanical depth in the game than you're lead to believe. I'd recommend Streets of Fury EX over the former, just way more zany and ridiculous, somewhat challenging, and a little more combat depth than you might have expected.

Good luck OP.

ZSNES v1.36 doesn't desync period, you fucking retard. It has one of the most reliable netplay sessions of just about any emulator, SNES or otherwise.

Actually no, I'll go all the way: it has the most reliable netplay of any emulator. I've never encountered any other emulator with netplay as good as ZSNES v1.36. If you're badmouthing ZSNES v1.36's netplay you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Any non-shit (i.e. the sequels) co-op games ala saints row 2? Openworld city, etc.