The Joy of Map Painting, with user

Did you waste time in Starcraft covering entire maps in zerg creep and/or pylon influence? Have you gone out of your way in SimAnt not just to win, but to fill the yard with as many black ants as possible? Do you complete all influence missions in open world games whenever possible? If so, you've come to the right place.

ITT, we discuss games wherein growth/expansion is a mechanic: whether it be a nation, a virus, divine influence, or even nondescript ooze, I want to hear all the tales of your most autistic blobbing endeavors.

I'll start things off with a few recommendations and images I would be too embarrassed to post to /gsg/.

Pretty dated at this point, but a really satisfying combo of town and nation-building. The comfiest way to play is to cover entire islands with your godly influence and citizens without actually defeating the opposing god and moving on to the next island.

Does anti-painting count? Mario Sunshine made me stupidly obsessed with cleaning every little bit of goo on the map.

Among more recent stuff, Shadow of War actually had a great blobbing system which was held back only by being a shitty LotR fanfic: due to a half-assed attempt to fit with canon (as well as developmental laziness not allowing for persistence of dominated orcs), you cannot literally conquer the mind of every single orc in Mordor, which was a bit of a bummer to discover by the end.

Definitely; after all, what is anti-painting but painting the world with cleanliness.

consider suicide my dude

Reported for CP

No, I am not autistic

Sanders never supports those wars you massive faggot

Pls no bully, I told you they were too embarrassing for /gsg/.

Yet he's guilty of being a massive cuck who bent down to Killary.

So why did he support Hillary after losing the primaries?

Still feelin' the Bern, eh?

you massive faggot

t. soygoy

The best part about B&W is how much shit you can take with you to the next island

This. It was always super satisfying dumping your entire stockpile and population into the portal for the next level.

I always have to fill in the maps. Even if I know the room is empty or the items therein can't even be picked up because I'm full I still have to go in and clear the map.
Playing Titan Quest online with me was a chore apparently, because I always had to completely remove the black from the map before moving on. Fuckers don't even appreciate good cartography!

1066, worst day of my life

Doing similar as we speak though, mapping out the galaxy in Elite Dangerous. Shame it's not reasonably possible to ever get to 100% map completion there.

I play plenty of map games but I don't bother blobbing. Back in Diablo 1&2 I'd always make damn sure to reveal every inch of every map.

I love using this strategy. It's more like playing Agar.io than a C&C game. It'd be interesting to see what'd happen if both players tried to use it against each other at the same time.

no, thats a waste of time