IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING

Is Citra even finished yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

tweetsave.com/yuzuemu/status/952461671368478721
8ch.net/v/res/14070988.html#14160285
archive.is/CTL8N
archive.is/VYppD
wololo.net/2017/12/29/nintendo-switch-kernel-exploit-34c3-presentation-nvidia-backdoored/
citra-emu.org/game/
yuzu-emu.org/donate/
twitter.com/notfunnei/status/952966436250640387
twitter.com/ShinyQuagsire/status/952837377386455040
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

forgot source

tweetsave.com/yuzuemu/status/952461671368478721

No. Also; They're announcing a switch emulator to rake in donation bucks from gullible fucks.
They probably don't even have anything slightly functioning for yuzu

Why does Citra run like such shit? If PPSSPP can be made and run flawlessly on even toasters, a 3DS emulator should be on par with that, shouldn't it?

Even if it's real and functions it'd be incapable of running on anyone's computers.

PPSSPP came way before the instant gold mine that is patreon. Now emulator devs take their sweet ass time to rake in maximum cash

true enough, damn shame someone else won't work on a 3DS emulator.

Well its a matter of documentation, with that said I don't think Citra is optimized at all.

inb4 salty Nintendrones shitting up this thread
and inb4 DMCA from Nintendo
and and inb4 Mark loses his shit
and and and muh emulation is piracy
andandandand muh amiibo

It's just a tegra

There's already a thread for Switch shit, niggerfaggot.

8ch.net/v/res/14070988.html#14160285

>8ch.net/v/res/14070988.html#14160285
Really my dude?

Holy shit, you irredeemable triplenigger.

NOT EVEN THE FIRST YEAR. AAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

It's not a console though. I doubt it's stronger than the PS3, and that has an emulator.

It’s barely a last gen console. The hardware is worse than the iPhone 6.

Even PPSSPP has a "gold" version on some places. Then again it's open source so it's not cancer, unlike Cemu, and apparently Citra.

>8ch.net/v/res/14070988.html#14160285

But they don't even have Kikeron for Citra. They are on record saying they have no wish to monetize the development of the emulator(s).

The thing about the Switch is that it shares the same processor architecture as the GTX 700 and 900 series.

Pic related.

So, does it work? Anyone tried it yet? Cause I want it for bayo 3 and bayo 3 only.

Expect it to be a piece of shit

Shit compared to what? There are no other 3DS emulators out there.

no

Well then what the fuck was the point of this thread?

To announce that it's in development I guess.

OP blew his load too early in an effort to shit on nintendo.

There is real hardware which is still plentiful and easy to jailbreak, and insanely flexible for playing games portably.

That there's a project starting for that. Rome wasn't built in a day.

You don't need another 3DS emulator to tell you that Citra runs like shit.

I wonder if that Citra apologist is that one jackass Cemu/Citra dev? I know he constantly monitors multiple websites looking for people complaining about his faggotry.

to play epic homebrew games like doom on the switch except you're playing a ported 20+ year old game on an emulator.

Infinite kek"s

No, there's no games that have been dumped.

t.assmad nigger

isn't the whole point of the switch that it's portable and has motion controllers? how does one emulate that?

The.Legend.of.Zelda.Breath.of.the.Wild.NSW-BigBlueBox
Mario.Kart.8.Deluxe.NSW-BigBlueBox
ARMS.NSW-BigBlueBox
Has.Been.Heroes.NSW-BigBlueBox
Puyo.Puyo.Tetris.USA.NSW-BigBlueBox
Lego.City.Undercover.USA.NSW-BigBlueBox

But wait, it's illegal to copy a software so it legally can't be used to play games you ""own""

Citra is shit though

How does that hinder emulation?

Do any games actually require that? You could probably connect them to the PC anyway, like you could with the Wii remote.

and you just derailed it too.

Excuse me?

Mark what was the point of buying a shitch when you could've just waited for this?
oh right i forgot you're a NY kike

It doesn't, although it's always better to play on the original hardware if you can. Unless it's a Wii or Gamecube game of course.

FUCK

Are they in .nso or .nro files?

Depending on the fine print, it's usually illegal to copy and distribute software, it's not illegal to copy for your own personal use that you own. (backups of videogames, transforming data to another format like wav into ogg for music)

you're fucking gay mark

my point is that the only reason you'd play the switch is because of its gimmicks, otherwise you might as well just play a n64 emulator.

it doesn't have games, user.

Legitimate question: Do you believe this will be better than Citra?

It's illegal to distribute copies, not to make them for personal use.

Kill yourself

Maybe it will by the time the emulator is decent.

Not at all user, I actually hope someone makes something better so it's not as terrible.

tfw i can finally play skyrim, dark souls, and minecraft on pc

the emulator will never be decent because it is a switch emulator.

As expected of you, by this point.

Anyone else hate the joycons? They're too small. The palms of my hands are longer than them.

Oh shit.

You don't have to emulate ARM because no games are in assembly anymore.
Just blackbox RE the Switch libraries and you can run the same shit, just like Wine.

It's still a ton of hardwork but instead of replicating the behavior of hardware, you're just re-implementing software.

PPSSPP has been in development longer than Citra, and I believe it had a huge leap forward thanks to some kind of internal development documents about it getting leaked, which helps in the reverse engineering process.

but yeh, I got baited.

Yeah, but at the same time Citra shouldn't run as bad as it does. Hell I have a GTX 1080 and an i5 6600k and even I have issues running that shit. Hell Cemu is easier to run.

Good thing you can find them online, but their idiocy really grinds my gears.

Let's not forget you can already play BotW on your PC. If you want to sell your soul to bad emulator devs.

The stupid, it burns!!!

Console hardware has actually taken a huge step back towards become much more in-line with current PC gaming trends, which is why PS4 and Switch have seen a massive number of ports in such a seemingly short time. Whereas porting and multi-plat'ing a game used to be a torturous ordeal for programmers because the technology between consoles was so radically different and awful (shit like the XB360 going for damned near a decade on 512MB of RAM really, really fucked up things for devs), but now, it's mostly just a matter of uploading it to Sony or Nintendo's digital stores.

No dummy, before you had to translate ASM (among other things) from a different architectures onto x86. There's a few ways to do it but it's always going to be slow.

Modern emulators are like Wine, they just re-implement the libraries because those are what 99% of the game is built against and modern game devs rarely every touch assembly for their architecture. There is little overhead when you do it this way because you're new Switch libraries will work just fine on x86 or whatever hardware, no translation needed.

send that image to RMS, he'll like it

Reported for being fresh off the boat from reddit.

You mean the BIOS files? A lot of emulators don't package it because it's illegal to share. You can just do a quick Google search and you'll find them ezpz.

First time you've used an emulator?

To shill it here, you goddamn retard. You think companies don’t pay people to post here?

lol, no emulator plays games at first. Running Switch binaries at all this early on is good though. Maybe in a couple of years.

Yeah, go ahead and donate to their nonexistent patreon.

You use Wine as an example but that can only be run on x86 systems or through an x86 emulator, as it's dependent on the hardware for executing the actual machine code, even if you can wrapper all of the Windows-specific glop. It's the same story with the Switch: You can't just run ARM machine code on an x86 platform.

Yeah but stuff like WoW64 have a lot less overhead than doing literally every instruction.
It's the same thing in CEMU, PPSPP, and the PS3 one.

Neither will hinder the progress. If anything, the Wii and Wii U emulators would be harder to get working since you need to get the wii remote and tablet working for a lot of those games. Other than being portable, the Switch is the least gimmicky thing that Nintendo has sent out since the Gamecube. It feels very much like a standard home console as well as being simply portable like the PSP.

As far as forced motion controls go, Mario Odyssey has a few moves locked behind wagglan that you need to progress in the game, and it's just a simple shake of the controller. BoTW has gyroscope puzzles and items/runes that are made easy with gyroscope. As of right now there are no games that I'm aware of besides one or two indie titles that require the touch screen or to be in forced handheld or docked mode.

Pretty exciting stuff if this emulator will be stable in 5 years. I don't bother emulating 3/DS games or Wii U games because of the amount of touch screen shit that goes with it but Switch emulation will be simple as long as you have a controller and maybe using keyboard to control gyroscope.

have fun in about 5-7 years boys

Where on the heavy did the nintendo touch you user?

they probably touched him here.

And none of the things you want it to do.

OK you understand that some ISA translation has to happen in addition to just reimplementing Switch's other functions. Carry on.

Reported. Mark’s a kike, but he’s usually a quarter of the way decent about getting rid of your retardation.

I would touch him there too.

Wine stands for Wine Is Not an Emulator, dumbass.

Stop winening.

Who haven't they touched there?

ITT; post yfw you didn't get a switch

Go eat a cake you kike.

I'd be more smug if it wasn't going to be a decade before they get it anywhere near functional. Or if there were more then like 2-3 games that are worth playing on the swtich.

Reminder that Mark bought one at launch

Nintendo has no power to stop emulators.

In all fairness (to cover for my retardation) all of the emulators i've used in the past, and even present (CEMU) have had the BIOS included. Probably just because I usually get them from piracy-related sites.

Then I guess all consoles are last gen then.

This shouldn't be a surprise. This is what happens when a company gets lazy and build a console using a well documented off the shelf processor.

Sonic Mania is the only good Switch game and that's on PC.

FTFY. So long as it remains in the sole development of a handful of individuals - especially those who are monetizing it's development and rely on that money - then Nintendo can issue a flood of DMCA and C&D notifications. Even if Nintendo ends up getting punished for abusing DMCA, that's a drop in the bucket compared to what their jew accountants are telling them could be lost via piracy. They do what Sony did when facing a legal battle they can't win… tie it up in the courts until the developers bleed to death.

Commercial emulators have been legal since the late 90s

How can someone be so jewish and yet so bad with money?

It doesn't matter if it's legal or not. It's not the law that shuts them down, but the cost of repeated court cases and appeals that large companies like Microsoft and Sony can absorb easily, but which will tank an individual or startup.

That's exactly how Sony killed Bleem, despite the courts ruling in Bleem's favor. They would have killed Connectix the same way - had Connectix not taken the offer to have Sony outright buy them and shut them down.

Legal or not is a moot definition if you cannot afford the legal fees to demonstrate that you are in compliance with the law.

More like this, my fellow Nintendo fan.

Samefag I have meathands

Odyssey and Xenoblade are betty good.

What am I supposed to be seeing here?

He said they're like wine, you goddamn retard, not they are wine.

Citra's open source. Use a search engine once in a while.

Get the fuck outta here with that shit, retard. If I wanted a small screen running games at 320x240 then I would get that, but alas I am aiming for more.

That's still inaccurate. Closer would be the GBA "emulation" on 3DS.

I'll happily call you retarded for thinking games designed for a low-end portable are best experienced on a power-hungry desktop PC, and at many times the cost. A real 3DS is cheap and effective when softmodded, and 100% compatible.

Didn't used to be. That's good to hear.

Actually because of a technicallity considering software licenses, it's legal to download software that you paid for a disk of.

You're thinking of CEMU, citra was always open source.

Nice.
Always pirate. Never pay.

It's legal for you to download copies of games you have already been granted usage rights to access (either via physical disk or digital download).

It's illegal to distribute that software, even to clients who can legally download it, because usage rights and distribution rights are entirely different and separate legal contracts.

Plus, a company will bankrupt itself going after individual pirates. They'll bust a few to make an example, but it's more cost effective to just take out distributors and potentially sue their commercial hosts for compensation.

Kill yourself shit eating retard faggot.

My sides, post more

Should have at least waited to announce it when it could actually play games. Nevertheless, its funny that the Switch is getting jailbreaked/hardmodded/emulated so quickly.

It's a fucking Tegra tablet.

And thats why its hilarious how Nintendo thought it could get tougher on piracy. It turns out, all you need to do is read the Tegra manual and suddenly it becomes easier to hack the Switch.

That's a DS game. 3DS games look alright on their native system even at the low resolution, and much more importantly, don't demand a full desktop PC, or have Project64 level compatibility. At this point in time it's a godawful tradeoff. Resolution hacks are also at odds with clean emulation, and usually result in inconsistent visuals, depending on textures and other graphics used within the game.

I'll say it's a better tradeoff with DS games which has atrocious 3D, but again, visual inconsistency, and there's also things just don't translate well to a desktop, like touchscreen usage.

Microsoft stuffed up too when designing the original XBOX. They designed against AMD CPUs, but then switched to Intel, and it turns out their security code depended on a specific behaviour in AMD.

This is why I emulate nds games on the Wii U with 4x the pixels

Reminder that Citra didn't get to a comfortably playable state until 2017, 6 years after the 3DS came out. The Switch is much more complicated and you're emulating much more powerful hardware than the toaster that is the 3DS. If any of you expect this shit be playable on anything but top-end hardware within 3 years, you're kidding yourselves.

This is just outing the Citra devs as donation kikes, they want that sweet Nintenjew money people gave to the Cemu devs. One fucking guy had to optimize Citra to be halfway usable because of these lazy fucks.

Exactly, Citra only functions as well as it does because of open-source. Autists that wanted to emulate Pokemon were the biggest contributors to Citra's current performance

I wasn't expecting an emulator to get announced for at least another 2-3 years so its already ahead of schedule.

Until they can prove it can actually play Switch games, even if they're only running at 2 FPS, it's vaporware.

What the fuck are you talking about? Jews are fucking terrible with money. The number of times I've had to check a kike's account and it turns out they have bad credit and the whole 9 yards.
t. guy who has actually come in to contact with the "chosen"

"Ahead of schedule" nigger a fucking tweet means nothing. This is MetroidPrime4.jpg levels of fucking nothing.

It does when they're the same fucking people working on this one, there are THREE teams (not counting Citra devs, which makes 4) and some stragglers that have already managed to hack the switch in one way or another, progress is coming faster than the 3DS ever hoped to be. Ergo, less than a year.

archive.is/CTL8N
archive.is/VYppD
wololo.net/2017/12/29/nintendo-switch-kernel-exploit-34c3-presentation-nvidia-backdoored/
Cry moar, bitch tits.

I can't even read the text properly on some japanese games like Monhun in my 3DS due to the low resolution.

The money will flow

Yeah but most instructions are handled by the library.

There is no strict definition for an emulator no matter what WINE devs say but it doesn't really matter.
When NeXT or Apple releases their NS and Cocoa API technologies for other platforms, it doesn't count as an emulator either I guess.

Modern emulators are really just compatibility layers, like wine, because they do little in addition to porting over the software platform.
It's semantics though

Blame the devs for not making it readable enough on the platform they're supposed to be developing for. See also Castlevania HoD looking like ass on the GBA. Besides that there's only local multiplayer with Citra, and while 3 is supposed to be playable, 4 is listed as bad and glitchy.

Those comparisons need to be of actual full screenshots, since, well, you can't see a difference in the second thumbnail, and it'd be a lot less pronounced on the 3DS's small screen.

Money must really rain down from the skies in 1st world countries.

Why won't the pain stop

Nintendildo fans are really autistic like that and want to play the latest Mario on their PCs.

Phil Spencer says he wants to make it happen.
We'll have to see

That just ain't ballin

Nintendo video games are the star wars of video games.
They were good a long time ago, now they're trash. But they attract some weird hipster clique that pretends they like the old stuff while being the reason the modern version is trash.
And while star wars attracts the "comic book store owner" breed of autist, nintendo attracts a lot of hackers for some reason.

Get better with a mouse?

I do think they really need to add a hotkey toggle for a bounding box on the touch-screen window, but other than that - go into your mouse settings and turn the cursor icons up to extra large. Helps you find it much quicker if you're paying attention to the top screen and "loose" your pointer.

This is the most retarded thing I've read in a long time.

The PSP predates the 3DS by seven years. It's like the difference between the PS1 and the PS2.

Heres why

cxbx reloaded is kind of a thing

The guy who is optimizing the emulator hasn't made a single commit to citra's repository and currently is working on something "secret"
Citra is open source in the name only, in practice its a shitshow of poorly understood code being passed around until it becomes accepted.

That depends heavily on how some games make use of the touch screen, like Elite Beat Agents or Rhythm Heaven, which aren't as good as playing using the stylus.

That depends. It's awkward if the touchscreen is just for buttons or menus, and downright awful for games like Phantom Hourglass or Rhythm Tengoku Gold. Then in a hypothetical Vita emulator, what would you do for multi-touch or the back touchpad? It's not always easy to sub in replacements on a PC emulator. There's also stuff like accelerometer aiming on 3DS which actually works better than thumbsticks, and the TrackPoint-esque thing on the N3DS.

Only because you put zero thought into it.

The vast majority of the decent games don't even require the touchscreen.

Have you actually played them?
They work perfectly fine. The DS's touchscreen isn't good to begin with.

You're joking right?
It's the same goddamned thing
The game is literally just tap and slide motions with literally nothing else which can be easily done with a mouse.

More like Dreamcast and Gamecube as far as hardware goes.

It's bearable on the real system, and insufferable with a mouse. Yeah I've actually played it like that for some reason.

You forgot flicking, which is where it really falls apart. More obviously, try drawing stuff with a mouse compared to a stylus, or a proper tablet for that matter. They are not the same thing. That's also why you don't treat touchscreens the same as just a mouse for a desktop OS. Gorilla arm.

WiiU was hacked 2 years before anyone could do anything of merit with it. Fuck off with your retarded shit. Also, all those teams are acting independently of each other, not together.

That has Denuvo.

Drawing with a mouse is better than drawing with the shitshow that is the DS stylus.
Sounds to me more like you have some palsy and are trying to pass the buck on mouse.

With the tiny DS stylus I might agree given my man hands. You can easily get third-party ones though.

Get an Arrrr-rated copy.

I wouldn't compare drawing on physical paper with a pen or pencil the same as drawing with a stylus.

Yeah, completely falls apart…
Keyboards are also totally shit for platformers and fightans.

It's the same fucking thing
How do you think most animations are done nowadays you braindead retard?

You're right about the DS screen/stylus though the other user comparing it to drawing should be lynched.

You mean western or the korean sweatshops?
Western animation is all flash garbage.

OK that I never understood unless you're dealing with too many buttons for a keyboard to register properly.

Muh PC master race gorilla arm.

God no it's not. There's a world of difference between Swapnote with a mouse vs. a stylus, and either are chalk to the cheese of a real drawing tablet.

That's true
I mostly miss good shading though
Everything looks bright and flat in digital animation.

Meaning what? That's exactly the mental image I have of you trying to use DS menus on a PC.

Drawing on a drawing tablet with a stylus is nearly the same as drawing with pen and paper

No emulator is ever "finished", and Citra is far from finished however it made very good progress last year.

It isn't even close.
Kentaro Miura took years to practice drawing art using digital methods and his digital art still isn't up to snuff to his traditional methods.

What are you two retards on about?

Alright this is a pretty good name, we should call the console this from now on.

Nintendo needs to have a coverup company to take in that money.

Mario Odyssey, the upcoming Nu More Heroes (feat Danganronpa) and ARMS come to mind, also it will make modding BotW much easier so it'll be an actual game instead of an empty sandbox.
But yeah, Nu-tendo emulators are kind of moot given how little games there are for them.

But what's stopping people from dumping patreon/gold emulators? Or, what's stopping people from screwing with sleazy devs and dropping the nu-tendo C&D bomb on them?
Also which consoles do not yet have any emulator?

umm, illegal much?? reported

the point is progress on emulators is slow so that the devs can rake in patreon cash.

There are a few jap games that are getting only ps4 and switch releases so it might be worth while once its in a playable state.

Citra was always opensource you dumb nigger.

The fuck are you talking about, when it came out you couldn't even get it without paying jewbux

Wasn't that the company originally developing Fable?

Good luck with an unplayable piece of shit that will never be released

What the fuck are talking about. Citra works pretty good.

call me back when there's actual games for it i'm interested in

If by pretty good you mean barely runs some games while not even booting others then sure.

What the fuck are YOU talking about?

Pick one.

There's pretty much no based emu software devs is ther?

Of all the things to talk shit about Citra, at least it isn't Cemu

they're all mentally challenged kikes

But I distinctly remember programs of Software Architecture Reconstruction that allowed for a decompiling of closed source programs. What's stopping anyone from using it to retrieve a skeleton of the emulator in question and making that version open source? The original dev can't ask you to cease and desist, because it would give Nu-tendo or the given company enough leverage to stop them as well, nor can Nu-tendo do shit to you since there's going to be plenty of faggot autists making their own modified versions of the emulators.

for bonus shitpost points, call the 3DS emulator Lemonlime

Because no such thing exists

The most likely outcome.

I'll agree with that,i could never get something above normal going for EBA on an emulator.

Nigga you dumb.

What games does this thing even have?

You enjoy having your face shoved into a small screen while holding an awkward posture just to be able to see shit?
PC allows for better comfort while playing + overall better graphics. Depending on the emulator, the trade off might be some minor graphical glitch.

She's pretty sexy.

Has RPCS3 done any progress or does it follow the smae bullshit that happened to CEMU?

Check their website, you lazy faggot. They post monthly development updates and they're making shittons of progress.

Depends on what you mean by progress. Last month they got Uncharted and God of War 3 ingame but you won't be running any games at full speed anytime soon unless its really lightweight.

I mean in the same sense that they're trying to get as much as patreon bucks as they can, and would happily throw away the compatibility of games in favor for one popular title (like it happened with CEMU for BotW, dunno if it ever recovered)

One of the first games that was playable was one of the hatsune miku rhythm game.
While they do make big announcements when a big title becomes somewhat playable(Demon's souls, Dante's Inferno, some major titles going ingame etc) the focus is less on getting popular shit to get run with hacks and more on general compatibility, at least for the time being.

I'm calling ICE.

Stop talking out of your ass, it's embarrassing.
citra-emu.org/game/

Their latest update video is almost entirely PSP and PS2 ports except for small visually unimpressive games like Armored Core V. Call me when something like Uncharted 3 runs smoothly.

Who wants to bet that the new season of the show abandons all pretense of science (lol obviously they will; there will be an AGW episode and a fag/tranny episode and a…) and actually has an episode on immigration. Carlos is revealed to be an “anchor baby” (which don’t exist in US law) and everyone will magically accept him by the end of the episode.

Was that supposed to prove something?

They could easily just let you map the motion controls to a set of six keys to handle each of the dimensions (pitch, roll, and yaw), but no, they decided to make it be your right-click and use the mouse. Except that’s only two fucking dimensions, so it’s impossible to complete some games.

meant to reply to

Just stop posting, you're embarrassing yourself.

heh, you think emu devs have never used a disassembler?

Time for another break

If you have no idea what you're talking about you better shut the fuck up

yuzu-emu.org/donate/
They did the same shit with citra, started collecting donations and asking for consoles long before it even ran anything.

Don't give a SHIT about Nintendo but rip the games and I'll seed them for a few years. Or at least until Nintenjew lawyers can get a hold of my seeebox provider.

Already boots a commercial game afaik, plenty fast progress for the little time the project has been worked on.

Fuck you shill: yuzu-emu.org/donate/
Keep reporting badthink like a good redditor.

Citra is actually working pretty good now, though. I can emulate SMT IV full speed.

I can't play Star-Fox at full speed on the latest nightly, you're full of shit.

It's your fault for being stupid.
Canary is the build with latest shit.

This is why I fucking hate.
Ok are you doing it as a day job or a hobby?
How many people are working on the project?
Where do you live and how much money do you want for each person working all day?
How the fuck you will find more time without dropping from the job?
And people give them this money. They clearly saw they are already earning something like 10k. Why are you giving them more money? You are not paying them to do more stuff. They aren't even on per update payout. They are on per month.

And to make Cemu even more insulting they even said they plan to somehow sell it and say they claim open-source will work much worse than them personally.
WITHOUT ANY INSIDE INTO DEVELOPMENT OR EVEN WHO IS ON THE TEAM.
Geez it is almost like they are trying to hide that they are 2 people with monthly income that would allow you to run a company is some places in the world and any random person on the net with a bit of free time could do their job 10 times faster.

Also fuck Cintra because it is also going slow but I cannot really complain about open source shit. Once they give up, and they won't because of Patreon, someone else will just pick up project.

kek.

even the footfags spit on you

The slow ass SJW's?
itsdeadjim.wav

fugg

native isn't 753x452. it's 240p. these are shit comparisons and you should kill yourself.

Just kill me.

Just comparison is not 100% accurate doesn't mean it is shit.
You should be more concerned about the fact third pic is useless when all of them are 750x450. 2x resolution already fills up entire with 240p native resolution.

So worse than a PSP?

Sure, here it is both in their respective native resolutions.
It took me a while because i had to take various Screenshots until i nailed the right resolution as citra don't have a keep native resolution option, had to do it manually, but anything to quench your desire.

Just play it farther to your face
or alternativelly
Just stare at the sun for a few seconds each day until your vision is fucked enough for you to need glasses, then just play without your glasses for that IRL "filters" experience.

twitter.com/notfunnei/status/952966436250640387
Wowie, that's a fast!

twitter.com/ShinyQuagsire/status/952837377386455040

also decided to take a shot of a 10x scaling on fullscreen on my biggest monitor(1080p)
I was thinking about buying a 3DS to play monster hunter, but i think i will just wait until they iron out 3DS because it's absurdly more enjoyable to play when you can discern the monster from the floor.

Here's the Switch version.

Yeah, the Bloom, shadows and better texture adds a lot to the game, would even say i would wait for the switch emulator, but i don't know nipponese to play it.
I hope some day Capcom stop eating glue and port it to all other plats in English.
Who i'm i kidding, capcom never does anything intelligent

Lol, they're not even going to release an English version on the Switch, much less any other platforms. MHW is the filthy gaijin version of MH now.

Glad they nailed it with 4U so I never have to care about another Monster Hunter for at least 10 years.

Nigga you don't need to know jap to play a japanese copy of MH. I've played through all of MH4 and MHX without knowing a single moonrune and even went online all the time to play with japs.
You just use the various Jap MH wikis and download google translate on a tablet or smartphone. Need to know what where to get a certain item? Take a picture or draw the characters in google translate and search the characters in the wikis. Bomb you get the info.

I mean at least they seem to be working hard on it. Knowing them though they'll give up once they only get a few shitty games to run like Citra

That's why i said they should stop eating glue and do something right for once.

While this is true, the flavortext in Monster Hunter is still flavor. Not understanding it is like eating a meal without salt. There's always something missing. You'll never be as close to MHXX's kanban mususme as you were with Aisha and Guildmarm.

You jusr reminded me of how shitty generations translation is, wtf they were thinking when they did that?

Which doesn't matter since the people behind the MH localizations always heavily alter and meme up the text for the english release. They aren't even perennial with item names; look at how many items they changed names in generations that have had established names for multiple games.

You aren't getting the real flavor text so there is even less of a reason to play the english version

Citra still doesn't work. Switch wont be emulatable for another 4 years at least.

The point is, learn Japanese.

Where were the memes in MH3 and MH4?

if my guess is correct they will be very strict with world's translation. even the monster names had minimal changes (jyuratodus? seriously?) and i would justify those fully, for the sake of pronouncing them more easily

Bad meme. Really bad meme.

someone give the fugger pop-eye arms and mantits.

While some skills can translate over
No.

That turned out worse than I expected.

What did the algorithm mean by this?

OUCHY

Google tailors results to what you usually search.
What have you been up to, user?

seems like you are afflicted with a heavy case of being a furry faggot

Home taping is killing music, goyim

You also won't be because the game is garbage and you won't play it as long

Not gonna ask for sauce, but does this turn out to be a good end?

I wonder if they fixed the bug where unless you make a save on an actual 3ds first you cannot actually progress in the game because it softlocks the moment you try to leave the train station

It's funny I tried to google some nice looking art of the girl in MHXX and I couldn't find fucking ANYTHING. Apparently the only good part of MHXX was the cat loli.

Only if you use a rom with some amiibo update, otherwise you have to hex edit your save at every start to match your old one

Buttblasted Nintentoddlers everyone

Just popping in to tell you, you are a retard for paying money for an emulator.

Isn't that the guy with the ice cream on his dick?

Nice conclusion, totally sensical in every way.
What more do I pay for user? Please tell me, you seem to know more than I do

I swear I remember it not being, and no I wasn't thinking of Cemu. But we've already had this discussion and I'm misremembering.

Mednafen is fine. More generally I don't care about the devs if it's open source and their bullshit isn't leaking into their codebase. Shut up and show us the code and all that.

Decompilers exist but they are not a replacement for real source code due to lack of comments, and because it'll be obfuscated by optimizations and other mess like that. There are some situations where it's necessary or workable though, that's how Chocolate Strife came about.

If we're talking comfort I prefer lying in a bed, which a handheld is much better for. There's also that the 3DS fits in a pocket and can be whipped out anywhere when I'm out and about, which is not what I'd do on a laptop for example. I prefer Vita as a handheld though.

I noticed that too. They really need to indicate when issues are fixed/appear like Dolphin does, then you can know if you need to use an older version due to a regression too.

Not as good a name as Debian's unstable branch.

Once again, on the 3DS's small screen it's about the size of the thumbnails where you can't see a major difference, if any. Any side-by-side comparison that blows up the small image is retarded.

I'm not shitting you, I distinctly remember a program that allowed you to recreate a skeleton of the architecture of software that you had installed on your machine, but I absolutely can't remember its name. It would scan either the source code or the installation path, recreate a tree view that looked like a dandelion with more than just the folders and files but some basic functionality mapped into it and you'd be able to gather enough info as to how the software worked like.

What I was trying to say is that the moment someone makes a knock off version of their emulators, they can't do shit about it.

How old is that picture? He looks much less fat.

But twice as retarded

no refunds goy

It's over.

I didn't notice Mark getting any smarter in recent years.

Can I play the Project X Zone games on Citra yet?

welcome amiibo works with no problem

Yes.

Indeed
>>>/cuckchan/

Yes, that's string-emil.
He has a Twitter where he uploads all his shit. Really cool guy irl

As far as I can tell, their current goal is to get the "can't launch" category as close to 0 as possible, while also improving performance and removing glitches on games that can already run reasonably well. But really, it's all over the place. When they find some kind of obscure address mismatch issue and fix it, it can suddenly get a whole bunch of games from unlaunchable to ingame in one go.

it sounds like you're volunteering.
i'm not a huge fan of cemu's closed source, closed dev but it's still the best functioning wiiu emulator.

Oy vey.

No refunds, gaijin.

Maybe you got a bad dump?

Play the happy home designer version, vanilla NL doesn't work.

So now your choices will likely be:
1. Softmod a Nintendo Switch.
(potential bricking)
2. Use a Nintendo Switch emulator.
(poor performance and compatibility)

I'm curious which one will be viable for piracy first, pretty sure it'll be the softmodding.

it'll be the original hardware. hard mods will beat everything and have no issues, however.

I just wanna play 3D Dot Game Heroes, but it doesn't work on RPCS3.

get an early slim ps3

Buttblasted console warrior cuckhanners fuel my hardon

watching platform warriors like yourself get banned fuels mine

I hope a second team starts working on a Switch emulator tbh

he looks retarded

I don't think so.
I mean it's Nintendo, but the base system is pretty much just some GNU/Linux kernel running some custom system. You can probably dump the rom and flash it again if shit goes down.

It's console wars that are against the rules, try not to be buttblasted consolefag.

How new are you?

I've been here since the first exodus and was on cuckchan long before that. Did you mean to reply to me because I'm pretty sure I was just defending your ass. Don't get all French on me.

Pretty shit library so far TBH.

OY VEY

I don't believe you
No need, the tears of butthurt passive agressive console warriors and the fact that people are pretty excited for this is good enough, but thanks.

Now I'm going to ask again, how new are you?

Not nearly as new as you fuccboi.

Late 2015- Early 2016

Get a room.

There are less pixels; it's objectively a less detailed display. "You can't tell the difference" is a load of shit, it simply doesn't bother you because your eyes have trouble making out those details. If you put it in high resolution on a larger screen, you can see details you otherwise wouldn't.

Of course it matters if you're showing it on a 24" monitor. On a 3.5" screen lower resolution doesn't matter nearly as much and has tradeoffs for battery and performance.

But the original argument made in that reply chain is that it's better to play the game on its native hardware, which is silly when the system's hardware is actually so shit that you can't even make out details that the artists put into the game because the rendering resolution is shit and the screen is small. And there's also the fact that you can enjoy the sound on good speakers instead of using headphones if you so choose, which was a big factor for me on games which have good soundtracks like Monster Hunter.
3DS is portable, but portability always entails some sacrifice so that point is moot. If I have my 3DS with me and I have the opportunity to emulate, it seems silly not to choose that.

Why do you retards continue to bump this shitty thread?

Why do nutendo cuckchan rejects insist on defending their favorite company on a board they're not wanted?

I don't know how you detected that from my post.
The thread is just irrelevant and shit. This emulator is probably not going to happen in the near future.

You're right, we shouldn't talk about the future. We should only talk about games that were released recently.
So how about that Battlefront 2, fellow cash cows? I can't wait to spend another two weeks of my hard earned cash on some of those cool skins!

Keep crying bitch boy

Well for one you're saging in a bumplocked thread dipshit. And two this thread is absolutely worth discussion. Fuck off faggot.

Portability is pretty compelling even if it means gimping the visuals, and while it'll undoubtedly improve, right now, Citra's compatibility is iffy enough to make a real 3DS the only choice for some games. What good is upscaled graphics if you can't beat the game?

Anyway it's always down to tradeoffs you think are acceptable, I'm happy to agree to disagree with you on it.