Rimworld

Great, I've managed to binge this game again. Nothing like late nights harvesting plasteel to make a bunch of bionic dog eyes while manufacturing heavy weaponry and a wide array of foodstuff.
I tried embarking on an ice sheet, but I'm too shitty at the game to not die, so I settled for a boreal forest in the mountains. It's been smooth sailing since I got the sun lamps going in the greenhouses, but my animals keep getting attacked by wolves. Poor things.
Does anybody remember what that mod was called that allowed everyone to haul shit around? I hate how much time my colonists have to spend doing that because 4 of them refuse to do so.

post your base faggot

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/J4MWF
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31906.0
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1169411104
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=887719112
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38261.0
youtube.com/watch?v=yp68wsayNRA
youtube.com/watch?v=dDCtNQaXnFc&list=PLYlBkCxUn55j1oukWQFfBFy8F31tW-JqC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh, it's been a while since a Rimworld thread. Any good new mods? is the reproduction mod still active?

I'm still working with my pirated A17 version and all the mods I downloaded back in August, so I can't tell you. If I'm correct, some of the bigger mods haven't updated yet, right?

Well, I mean for the A18 version. I just hope not to break the game with too many mods.

I want to rape and/or mutilate (more so than currently allows) my captives, what mods do I need to do this?

How is this post-love update?
When it was being developed it sounded like the worst idea the game could implement and seemed more like a pain in the ass than something "interesting".

The coldsteel mod

Sorry, what?

The update that let colonists talk to each other which let them end up either falling in love or killing each other.
The way it was discussed and shown by the dev made it seem like the colonists would end up fighting way more often than not.

Does anyone have a mod that makes the geothermal generator output more energy? Because the expense, time to research, and the fact that there are only a few steam-holes on most maps doesn't justify using them when they only provide as much as two fucking solar panels or three-and-change wood generators.

Yeah, I've got one bitch that keeps getting in fights with everyone because she has an automatic -20 with everyone due to being "ugly", so they always insult her. It's kinda bullshit.

Beautiful people only.

dorf

Has anyone tried a challenge like that where only beautiful or super ugly people are allowed to join?

gotta catch 'em all

How long did it take you to tame all those animals and how much shit do they eat every day?

I don't know, but now I want to see it happen.

Hoo boy.

combat extended spoiled me, i cant get into vanilla B18 combat

birds and the bees, i chop their peenors off

well, my save is at 48 days some challenge mode, i hadn't played since a15 and kept getting fucked in harder modes
i actually had a bunch of ibexes, some pregnant, but traded them (among other things) for 2 polar bears because my colonists were useless in raids.

not a clue. i'm barely keeping up atm
carnivores were allowed a room in the freezer which kept dead raider bodies, plus kibble.
grazers were fine outside ever since i tamed or killed the predators on the map, but winter came along and my fucking hay ran out.
i had two huge harvests of hay and it's gone now. half eaten, half made into kibble because i don't get enough raiders.
had 2000+ kibble/hay and now i'm feeding grazers simple meals.
was keeping these guys around hoping for a caravan to pass by and make bank, but it looks like i'm going to need a bigger freezer soon

The children mod has been updated to B18 yeah

Game is too bugged to be any good. No matter if you have a working stove, cook with adequate skill, ingredients all in a storage with air conditioning, bills set at the stove etc they still eat raw food. After getting food made they skip it and go for the raw. Ive put dozens of hours into trying to figure this shit out and even scoured the web. Fuck this game. Thats not the only bug either

Are you sure you're not just being a dumbass?

yeah, dude the stove needs wood or electricity
and you need to queue jobs
just saying.

Heres my first tribal village that I have going in a swamp.
I tried to go without using electricity at all but the research table requires power to research things that don't require power to make for some reason so I was forced to make 1 wood generator just to power the research table.
Its actually kind of fun how different managing food is for a tribe with no power compared to just making a freezer like usual, I have to unroof part of the food storage so it freezes during the winter and have 4 people working on pemmican in order to keep up with demand.

So anyone have any recommended mods for this shit? I played vanilla but I feel this game needs mods to make it playable.

it doesn't unless you have to satisfy a fetish

the first research table doesn't require electricity, tribal starts are fucking hard as balls though as the other 2 options have huge tech advances to start with.

The first research table doesn't let you research any of the stuff later on though like making medicine at the drug lab which doesn't even require power to do.

Can the game simulate sex slaves who grow to enjoy their sexual enslavement?

Rimjobworld does.

We used to have a list for A17 but some of that's defunct now. SimpleSidearms and GiddyUp are pretty good though, you can't go wrong with them.

What kind of shit do you want to do? There's all sorts of content mods out there that let you do a variety of things. Personally, I'm trying to survive alone as a super-augmented cyberassassin cannibal in a desert.

Is the reproduction mod active in A18? Is it still incompatible with the alien races mod?

Rimworldjob.

Do take care, the enemy might rape your knocked-out pawns

I hate tribal start so I'm not even sure myself.

Is there a mod that adds lewd yet?

Did you read the thread?

Where the fuck did my mechanoid post go?

I’m astonished that there aren’t any mods that let you reprogram or build your own mechanoids. I mean, NONE. I’ve gotten good enough at the game that my only goal now is to run a world where I destroy or take over all the settlements owned by all the other groups, but to do that I either have to train literally thousands of animals or wait dozens of years in-game to get the people needed to run those raids. But the game is so poorly optimized that it becomes unplayably slow after only three or four in-game years.

I have the Psychology mod installed solely to give me access to the ✡Kinsey Scale✡, SOLELY to let me put anyone above a 0 in a furnace I’ve built.

Colonists with the "ascetic" trait will often eat raw foods (or in my case, eat my damn caravan pemmican). If you have all of them doing it, though, you're obviously doing something wrong. Fine meals require both a meat and a vegetable ingredient or they won't get made.

The only significant bug I've noticed is that it's impossible to shoot an animal while it's sleeping. My best guess is that they simply don't have a hitbox while "lying down". It's annoying sometimes because a hunter will sometimes sit there for several in-game hours shooting and always "missing", before eventually giving up and going to bed.

Way to code, Ludeon.

You can't just make a unsubstantiated claim like that. "Oh, I don't know what it is, but something is broken, so the dev is a loser!" It's especially meaningless coming from someone who apparently uses the game as nothing more than a vehicle for his Nazi fantasies. "Ooooh! Look at me; I'm burning all the gays! Look how COOL I am!"

What the fuck are you talking about?

wew

Open the goddamn game and start a new task on a cooking bench. For fuck’s sake.
>>>/tumblr/
Holy fucking god, kill yourself.

I did that and all my fine and lavish meals required and accepted everything except for human meat. So what the fuck are you talking about?

learn to read you nigger

Man I was so with you until the second half of your post but you went doublenigger in the blink of an eye

if your meat has longpork in it colonists will not touch it. and with how meals where managed in a17 is the same 1 meal placed on a stack will taint the whole stack with the "made with human" debuff

secondarily you could check your permissions and make sure you didn't forbid your freezer/ forbid the food you don't want them to access.

I do like me some comfy!

Don't worry, user, you're one of us so you're just as cool.

Rimworld's next update is 1.0. I genuinely don't know how to feel about this.
archive.fo/J4MWF
Also, is Holla Forums fucking up for anyone else, or is it just me?

I think he is just tired from coding this game.
Well, at least someone could make complete Rimworld mod after he's done with it.

I was worried it was going to be gamebreaking to start with all those bionics and to use the terraforming mod to build a moat, but for this kind of playthrough it seems necessary, and I've still gotten killed several times.

As a faggot who's made a couple larger-scale mods this is actually pretty exciting. If you've been following the modding community for the last few alphas there are a lot of great content mods that are obsolete because the authors didn't have the time/motivation to keep updating them with each constant revision of the base-game code, so a lot of cool stuff just disappears every few months. Having the base game in a more stable state with updates focusing more on fixes rather than rewriting swathes of existing systems will allow people to keep working on new content over time rather than the tedious task of repeatedly updating your code without actually improving or adding anything. Even the prospect of maintaining old mods can be a damper on planning to create something larger in scope when you know it's going to just add another layer of work to what you already have to do each update. For example I don't think anything from the Star Wars mod pack has been updated even to the current version of the game simply due to the huge amount of code that would need to be rewritten to work with the new version.

On one hand, I can appreciate that modders will have a stable foundation to build upon the game. On the other hand, the game itself is bare-bones. I understand that the Rimworld devs have been working for years, but it feels like the game is still missing some key features.

Seriously?
I guess he's relying on modders for any extra content. I understand that he just wants to finish the game, though.

The problem is that at this point nobody can agree on what those "key features" actually are.

z levels

Fog of war

check out this virtue signaling reich-wing cuck

I may be wrong, but wasn't there a dev goal list somewhere? I tried looking for it and I couldn't find it. If not, I think my point still stands to some extent, but I completely understand what you're saying. Pretty much everyone on the forums and in the Rimworld threads seem to have a different idea on what direction the game should steer towards. While I don't necessarily have know where the game should go, I believe that the devs could discern an idea of what the community wants.

So much for making a cabal of wizards with their own degenerate sex slave dungeon.

afaik, raids are based on "total wealth" so that means population, animals, structures and anything stored, plus I assume other things that can be counted, but literally everything.

Great. but hopefully tynan leaves the game with some much needed love. if only his final update gift for us was to MULTITHREAD so we don't need the pawn cleaner mod

anyone got a modpack or something? i've got an older version of the game and having to search for newer versions of every single mod i have there is a nuisance

LOL

HOW?
You just said yourself you can't figure it out

LOL

By starting a dorfs clone from scratch, he had the chance to fix the one thing that's indefesibly and irreparably fucked about dorfs, but he blew it. After all the issues single-threading caused in dorfs, you'd think the first thing in any dev's mind trying to make a clone would be to design a multithreaded engine right from the start, but noooo, it's too much work, fucking hell, what a waste.

third one isn't horrible

Just like real life

And yes, he started eating raw human meat.

And that is your problem.

Rimworld is a mini-scale game. Hell, we can call it chibi. Combined with the animals available on a regular sized square of the world, I can feed a population of 30 with the plants grown in just a 15x9 square of soil. That’s super small compared to reality. Thing is, they couldn’t make it realistic because their coding is so bad you’d lag by having larger world squares (the game even tells you this), and the in-game days aren’t long enough to let pawns get any work done in LARGER fields. There aren’t vehicles (tractors, combines, etc.) to make that scale of farming possible, either. All caravans are just walking, too, even though there are now roads (you can’t lay your own, though). You still start running into placement problems as your shit grows, though, since pawns want individual bedrooms that are FUCKING GIGANTIC. Bedrooms will always be the largest percentage of your base. They dwarf food production by something like 4:1 in my game, and that’s for just “acceptable” size bedrooms. The devs are too stupid to make Z layers without the game becoming unplayably slow (and it would break their entire system, since everyone would just make underground bases and no raids could touch you), but having a fucking skyscraper (with elevator) for your bedrooms would be nice. But nope. Oh, and you still can’t get rid of overhead mountains, ever, at all.

You're not wrong, but that doesn't make it bad. It's rather bullshit compared to reality, but EVERY GAME makes concessions based on the fact that it's a game. Miniaturization of scale in games is commonplace. It works, not because it's the same as real life, but because it's internally consistent. Yes, the farms are small, but because not much food is required and the pawns can't walk very small in a single day, it works on the scale that it's been given. If you want tractors with real-scale farms or some shit, Farming Simulator is right down the hall.

Your problem is that you want a completely different game. It's like asking for FPS elements in a TBS game. Like, nigga, the fuck are you doing?

i never been able to install mods mostly because i have to install then manually and the manual version of mods arent update im using 0.18 something version any idea how find mods updated?

How about you stop typing like a nigger and maybe we'll tell you?

I'm pretty sure farming simulator isn't a colony management game. But then, neither is rimworld.

i was under effect of sleeping drugs

And you're not anymore?

i took a shower so im only half asleep now

quit shitposting and go to bed

First colony after few years without playing, did i fuck up in something?

I'd just prefer consistency in miniaturization. I should be able to have smaller bedrooms. Also, carpet and laid bricks should give a bigger happiness boost than fucking bare, smoothed rock, for fuck's sake.

It's a 6/10.

Just walk over shit.

And move slower? I don't think so.

Disgusting

Well, there is a form of data collection used in primitive societies, which estimates the opinions of a collective. It's called a fucking survey. Hell, for all I care the devs could have just picked a direction and pushed forward. It's not my job to figure out what the community wants, but it sure as shit is or was the devs.
Regardless, this thread has persuaded me that going to 1.0 isn't that bad. Thanks, anons.

Gonna build a PC soon so I can finally play this game again. I miss my Android male hunting castrating colony.

tfw not in the third image

If you're going to go around asking for games that don't exist, and bitching about games not being exactly the way you want them to be, you're going to just look like an asshole.

Then have smaller bedrooms! If you want to make fucking matchstick bedrooms like in DF, go ahead. There's nothing stopping you. The mood debuff for the small space isn't that bad, and because they're asleep it can't affect productivity. That tiny debuff can easily be overcome if the rest of your base isn't shit.

How come there isn't a function or mod that alters the length of the days? I find it incredibly unlikely that a bunch of escape pods would happen to land on a planet that's almost exactly the same as Earth, and even if it was, days and nights would have different times depending on my latitude! I've never seen anyone even think of this before, but it's so obvious. What's the deal?

I don't know how to mod so why don't you make it?

Well at lest tribal start is a lot more fun in the early stages. Boreal forest is where its at.

thing that pisses me off about tribal start is you can't "tech up" and are always stuck with glacially slow research after you're in real tech. even though half your colony, and your researcher, aren't tribal.

more games should do this, it's cool

Why are so many people mod-illiterate when that's one of the biggest draws in the game?

You have mods to change the size of bedrooms so you don't have to make entire dining halls for one guy.
You have mods to change the priorities of everything so people actually eat the right food and even look for a chair in a bigger space.
You have mods to let you advance in tech as you research shit.
You have mods to add extra needs to colonists as well.
You have had a mod for vehicles and you currently have one for mounts.
You have several mods to setup a prison camp with forced labor so prisoners that don't count towards your population cultivate your plants and craft your shit. And you can also rape them for funsies.

Most of the complaints in this thread are either sheer incompetence or a blatant lack or LURK MOAR in the mod section.
Do you have any idea how dumb you sound complaining about this basic shit when you can currently have a Tzimisce vampire that worships Cthulu and is also a Sith Lord spends his time killing Eldar for fun and games before sodomizing all the monster girls he wants to?

In other words, you have him raw food and longpork as options for dinner. And you're upset he's upset and chose a potato over a leg.

I've been meaning to do a chalenge run where I start from the most basic tech level with nothing researched at all (Neolithic I think) and slowly tech up to Spacer with that mod.
There's a couple mods for Tribal Addons that give you furniture and shit to survive in the early stages and there's also the Medieval Times and Industrial City (from the same guy that does the Cthulu ones) for their respective periods of time.

It'd probably be really nice to see a colony shape up from tents to houses to a small city to a large industrial complex, instead of starting in these weird shapes because despite only having 3 people yet, I'm already planning space for 20.

this thread is for dumb shitters to bitch, DFfags to b8 and horny brainlets to obsess over the broken trash that is rimjobworld, silly newfriend

you dont really need any tech to survive beside pemmican

you sound like a giant fanboy, have you considered that you may in fact be a giant fanboy?

wait you can have a prison camp and rape them for funsies

You can greentext words into his mouth all day, but that won't negate his points.

Yes, complete with microwave chambers to kill anyone you don't like once you're done with them.

You can cocksuck on an anonymous imageboard all day, but that won't negate you being a faggot.

Days having different lengths according to latitude would only apply on planets that exhibit precession.

Thanks for pointing that out user, you're a real hero. Why do you enter a thread discussing a game if you don't want to read discussion of it?

I think his point is more "mods do in fact exist and have for a while to fix this specific problem" rather than "hur dur mods can fix anything"

Post your fucking bases already you faggots.

oh shit I forgot mine, I am the faggot

Im sure you are aware of retards that insist editing xml files absolves the game from all criticisms, because those retards post in EVERY rimjobs thread

pretty comfy user, the river split is fucking top tier but I can see you might have a problem with enemies skirting the shallows of it to pierce your walls.

Image related is my dinky little NOD hovel, its no temple prime but atleast the brotherhood faction makes some nice caravan deals (two NOD grenades 175 steel to build only each for over 3400 silver)

I have no idea how you are feeding so many colonists with fields like that though or how you sustain in the winter with a freezer so small.

Huh, and the RimWorld dev actually made a book on game dev, when from your posts, it seems that there's some lack of design or adaptability put into the game itself.

ok– i'm in– nothing to do– time to start up rimworld

What criticism? That the game should be the way you want it to be because you're the lead designer of it?
The game is as it is, you can like it or you can hate it. But if what truly bothers you is the lack of a specific feature that can indeed be added by mods then you have no one else to blame for it's lack than you.

The Dev doesn't have to cater to anyone, you just don't buy the game if you don't like it and that's that.
However, it does feel more like some people just want to complain about the Dev and the game for lacking something and said complaint matters more than actually having said feature. You don't want any of that, you want a valid reason to shitpost about the game, at least be honest about it.

There's a mod that lets you grab prisoners without having a jail for them. It sounds useless until you consider that you can make prisoners when you're raiding other settlements and bring them back.
There's Prison Labor, a mod that lets you define a specific area, assign a Warden and the prisoners will try to do any work in that area that can be done. They'll riot and try to escape sometimes too if you're not carefull.
Then there's the famous Rimjobworld that lets you define "confort prisoners" to be used by any colonist for relief.

In fact, depending on what mods you use, you can have an entire colony that's based around 3-5 overlords that rape prisoners and have the females work themselves to death while spawning more colonists while the males are recruited into a personal disposable army.
It's even better when you combine it with the Vampire mod since you basically have a blood stock right there too.

In most games, we do not have the option to make the game up to our liking. In those games, you're told "if you want a different game, make it yourself".
Rimworld is one of the few where you can indeed mod a lot of stuff into it to an higher degree that a lot of other mod-strong games (like pretty much anything Bethesda makes), so you don't even have to make an entire new game to make you happy, you can just mod this one a bit till it's to your liking.

And yet that's not good enough and in fact bad. Because apaprently that's "excusing criticism" when nobody has said the base game is perfect or even good.
If I mention that you can apply mods to make the game better, I'm not excusing criticism, I'm telling you there are valid complaints and here's several different solutions.
If you want to stick to complaining because shitposting about Rimworld is more important than playing the game you say you'd like it to be, than that's your fault and there's no mods that fix that.

so when i play games like this (or any game really) my main focus is an organic aesthetic. As in i like to build my base around the shape of the environment, incorporating what is already present into the look and feel of it. I truly detest an overly industrial and lifeless build with too many straight lines, and regularly disregard efficiency or "maximizing" yields of something, in favor of adding character, or a realistic feel. …anyway

Heres my base. ive only recently starting playing this baby game and feel somewhat familiar with the general mechanics of the game, so i understand if my base is atrociously small or blasphemous to veterans. Personally im content with how it looks and plays right now. that being said im interested in hearing you guys and your opinions on what i should be looking for. I particularly enjoy 's village - made me rethink possible directions i can go. is also nice with the bridges, the medical area is cute.

In my photo the plans i have set are for 2 more solar panels, as well as my future possible true workshop / drug lab area. But i also need a medical area, so im a loss as for how i should move forward with my base (aesthetically speaking). any general tips are also appreciated. thanks for the inputs, and thanks op for making the thread.

larger view of perimeter; my spawn was actually pretty sick in that it has caves, including one that used to be home to some alien things on the top left (that i eventually was forced to kill)

My friend plays this game but i'm too retarded/normalfag to understand it.

Am I the only one that likes prefabs in the open rather than holes in caves?

So I loaded this up for the first time since v16.. lots of changes, decided that I would give that tribal start thing a go.. not doing too bad but that fucking research penalty, fucking christ fuck that. About to restart as a rich explorer…

do you like being attacked from all directions?
I very much prefer the side of mountains for a base, if you don't go into the thick roof area you won't be infested either.

give wind power a chance it's a game changer. (diversification really makes power management a lot better)

They've only ever attacked from one side at a time and one turret is enough to slow them so the settlers can get ready to fight.
Besides, you can build walls around the whole place. I remember building one like a castle with the common area (dining, cooking, fridge, and hospital) serving as the keep. Worked pretty well until everyone died of liver cirrhosis.

Update from the last time, i tried to use those geisers to maintain crop temperature during winter and it worked out. I have a shitload of cotton and potatoes. But now the issue is that i'm running low on components and the fact that no caravan/new arrivals come to my settlement makes it worse. I'm in pretty good terms with a local faction but the fuckers want 1100 silver for a caravan request. I don't even have enough money. I'm fucked?

components are mined from compacted steel.

No, compacted machinery.

The thing is i ran out of those. Not even space craft parts that usually spawn around.

How can I break this cycle?

viking/medieval village i'm playing right now

Drink camomile tea and go in without the expectation to minmax.

I can't, my autism demands a perfectly tidy colony running like a well oiled machine.

You can always expand later. And if it's such an issue, you can change the storyteller and their functions on the fly. Want to test your superfort and staggered artillery columns against hordes of retarded tribesniggers? Go from base-building to punishing and there you go.

>not using the Quarry mod specifically for when this happens or just dealing with it

Under the Assign tab there's an icon to the left of the outfit column. That sets behavior when under attack. I'm pretty sure it works for hunting animals as well as normal hostiles.
For extra effectiveness use the Sidearms mod and give everyone a melee weapon in addition to their gun.

The main problem with this is that not everyone knows how to program to begin with so saying "lol just fix the game yourself" is pretty fucking dumb and is entirely besides the point. You may as well tell someone to just rewrite a shitty book because hey it's not hard! People who play videogames are not obligated to FIX said videogames regardless of how the game has been designed to allow mods.

There are absolutely valid complaints people make about the vanilla game and saying "mods will fix it" is handwaving bullshit. If someone complains about a flaw in the game, how about next time you just point them to the mod that fixes said flaw instead of having an autistic meltdown?

That's not what he's saying and you know it, stop trying to stir shit up faggot

it's not medieval because the houses are not round, also how did you get that far into the game without even tapping the absolute closest steel node at your south gate.

Sometimes, yes, if it's about a game mechanism that does not function properly. However, most of the complaints are just people bitching that the game isn't the way they want it, or doesn't work the same as DF, or whatever else.

Saying that when someone suffers an illness in bed, that they cannot be moved from it into a hospital bed is a valid criticism. That's something in the game that isn't working properly. Saying that the fields produce too much food or the bedrooms have to be made big is not valid. That's not asking to FIX something, that's asking to CHANGE it. See the difference?

You know what the problem really is? Gamers, especially here, expect their every desire to be catered to. It's easily visible every time someone posts a thread asking "Hey, anons, is there a game that does X, Y, and Z?" or "Is there a game like X but that doesn't have any faggots in it?" or "X would be a great game if it didn't have Y in it." It's fucking ridiculous. These people are a bunch of spoiled fucking brats, the kind who go to a restaurant and order a meal… but then specify twenty nitpicking fucking changes to the ingredients and preparations.

You want your own game? MAKE YOUR OWN GAME! You don't want to do that? PLAY THE GAMES THAT YOU HAVE AND BE THANKFUL, YOU CUNTSTAIN.

If that means doing some more of what they did between 17 and 18, I’m sort of okay with that. I’m running a base in 18 with over 100 animals and at least 35 colonists now and it’s still a playable framerate. Not perfect, mind you, but playable. The same thing in 17 would have taken me to sub-10 FPS. I don’t like that they’re considering it done when there are so many things you ought to still be able to do, though. Particularly when the “mods will fix it!” mindset was proven disastrously wrong with Kerbal Space Program, which hasn’t… Fuck, now I’m just sad thinking about it.

Here's my base. I learned about the Rimworldjob mod and started playing the game, but thus far all that's happened with it is people getting their junk torn off in fights (admittedly hilarious).

People are going to be retards regardless of the context, try not to let it affect you, it's bad for your health.

Oof.

I was with you up until this bullshit.

Opinion trashed.
Granted they should just be making mods if they want new shit. Modding in this game is really easy. I made a mod that adds catgirls that spawn in the wild. Vid related.

They got what they deserved

next time build your component maker thing before your comms station.

Shit, this is retarded.

As the saying goes: Always demand excellence or you will get mediocrity.

That's why we have so many shitty games.

perhaps you could articulate what you think is wrong with the game?
or are you just bitching to be a bitch as was insinuated earlier?
the whole going in circles with memes and shit posts is retarded (too).

You'll get what you fucking get because you're a powerless tiny person with literally no influence over anything in the world. Even if you could somehow muster everyone on this board to unite under a single cause (which is hilariously unlikely) it would not even be a blip on the radar of any game producer.

In short: nobody cares what you fucking think. You can either continue to sit there and bitch a whine, or you can make something with your own two hands. Even that retard up there slaughtering modded catgirls is better than you are.

I dunno.
With the power of concetrated autism and multiple accounts, technically you could create an overwhelming impression on the company forums.
Technically.

not all houses were round, also those are log cabins (like the one in this post) i'll post more screenshots later as it's not close enough to see them clearly
it wasn't steel, it was gold, in that small mountain there was only those two spots of gold and about 6 of machinery, the mountain on the left had steel and silver, also a metorite made of steel nearly destroyed the animal barn 5 minutes after i built it so i got a lot out of it

Are there any good mods that add something more high-tech to replace caravans? There must be a better way to get around the map than caravans or one-way pods.

chain those one way pods together

Hate losing the steel/components each time I use one. It's the best option in the vanilla game for sure though.

Nigger you what. You can leave a gap of 10 squares between support rows and then a gap of two squares between each support column. Gotta minmax that shit if you’re going to dig an entire mountain out of existence. Also, since the tool to destroy overhead mountains won’t be updated for modern versions of the game, I just RP that any time a cave in happens, it takes out the overhead with it, and I use the dev tool to change a rough circle of roof around the fallen rocks from overhead mountain to regular roof (so that it will fall again the next time, but the damage shouldn’t be too great.

yea you should be fine with having to lay miles of track and building a steam engine that constantly breaks down and eats fuel. or firing a rocket into space every time you need to trade

As for your question, there’s that spaceship mod, isn’t there? You can build SSTO ships to flit from place to place. You have to have a runway built in the takeoff and landing location, though (which is a nice touch). It’s really fucking cool, but doesn’t seem to be v18 ready, yet.
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31906.0

If you think that’s too overpowered, you can use these two mods (or one or the other), which allow you to reuse drop pods or create pods that take off and land anywhere. I only grabbed the steam pages so you could see descriptions. The non-steam download is on the forums (if you’re a pirate, like me).
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1169411104
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=887719112

That first mod looks amazing; hadn't seen that before. A higher up-front cost to get re-usable transit is perfect. Thanks man.

Next update will be 1.0

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38261.0

Oh, any aditional features for the release version?

Seems like they'll be refining everything for final release.
I wonder if Tynan'll still be working on game after 1.0.

Oh, that sounds good. Will they make more updates after the game release besides bug fixing?

From the sound of that post it seems like he wants to leave the possibility that 1.0 is feature complete open and that its a possibility that he'll move on to some other project.

A game is not above criticism because it's possible to mod it. You are paying for a product, and the developer is the one who has reason to be grateful, not you. If I say to the developer, "I think this mechanic would work better with this change…" and I give my reasoning for it, that developer could see the mechanic in a way they hadn't before, they can change the game to make it more enjoyable for the majority of players.

I would also like to mention that it isn't as if every buyer of a game is omniscient, knowing exactly what is in the game before they buy it. If I buy a game based on promotional material, and that game doesn't play out in the same way as it appeared, it is perfectly valid to say that you were lied to about the product you purchased.

Are there any mods for b18 that function like the stargate mod? I miss being able to make more custom pawns to join my colonies. Especially when I'm trying to make a stormtrooper FOB

So when are they going to release multiple z levels?

Never.

In Rimworld Z

That doesn't describe Rimworld; it runs perfectly and consistently with only a few small in-game bugs, none of which are game-breaking. You can't just reductio ad absurdum away the fact that you're a picky asshole who doesn't want what he's given but will do nothing about it but complain.

tynan pls

nobody is GIVEN anything you spermguzzling cockmongler, the game is a PRODUCT in a monetary exchange and the product is shit

Thanks for only responding to exactly one line of my post.

It is a hypothetical to demonstrate why your position of "You can't criticize any game if it's mod-able" is autistic.

How about you scroll back up and read more than the first line before you go back to screeching.

On a side note faggot, I quite like Rimworld. I think the base game is probably plenty for most players, but that doesn't change that fact that you're making retarded arguments for why it's above criticism.

Oh yeah and I know the thread is kinda dead but here's my base.

…intense randy random

bump

so don't buy it, well worth my money. when i buy it. :^)
it's one of the best games of recent years i'll buy it when i have money

I can't get Beta 18 or whatever stable version of 18. I only have 17b I see in the properties?

If you’re too stupid to know how to use The Pirate Bay, we can’t help you.

Whats with the random paths mined into the mountains on the left / lower left?

He's mining, duh.

I bought it. So it should auto update to 18b

Here's my second base. Any tips on a more efficient or defensible layout?

Fight your hollywood programming.

The white race is dead, and if you're straight you'll always be cucked by the female Jew.

As for the base, eh, efficiency is in the eye of the beholder. Only retards who hate fun min/max games. For defense, though, your best bet is some kind of killbox. If nothing else, make a defensive line with that has a pattern of two wall, one sandbag, two wall, one sandbag that raiders can't get around easily. That way your shooters can use the corners of walls as cover.

What are you selling to make money in that base?

Do you expect anyone to believe you, moishe?

Killboxes are shit. Only fags play and use them.

It's the best tactic for vanilla. Of course, if you're into heavy modding, you can just download the "win instantly" mod and not even bother playing.

What if you want to farm and harvest delicious human flesh?

I know it's the best tactic, that doesn't make it boring and piss easy.

Then do what normal people do - kidnap some women and constantly have them giving birth so you have a steady supply of human meat.

But that ruins the taste. Human flesh is only tasty if it comes from pure evil, not crying women and children.

plan around your pawns day… for example placing the rooms near the kitchen as most pawns wake up go grab some food and then go out and do their work minimizing the distance from kitchen to farm is important (unless your have a few doezen huskies trained to haul) then minimizing the kitchen to work area for each pawn and managing thew put of resources via raw resource storage area > workshop > finished product area as toolboxes can support multiple work stations spiting them up is next to useless but because your pawns will spend so many waking hours at them keeping them tidy and adding some art can prevent unnecessary breakdowns.

so take "steve"
he wakes up is hungry so he goes to the kitchen grabs food and eats in his dining hall (if its impressive he gits a mood bonus) steve crafts along with tree other craft sla-colonists. that all make it down the hall to the kitchen to the workshop during the day he moves from the storage for raw iorn and the storage for the salt rifles/power armor he is making the bell rings and its mandatory joy time so he heads to the pool hall plays some pool eats and goes to bed. if you want steve to do the best he can the best thing is to minimize how many steps he needs to take witch i find comes from centralizing the kitchen/ dining hall then building work areas around that.

mountain roofs have a huge bonus on their heat efficiency. so building the freezer under the mountain is worth the infestation risk.

before v18 batteries caused short circus/ fires so minimizing them was something i kinda obsessed about but if you don't use wiring you can get around that, like building a windmill solar panel battery next to each other and running your freezer and starting workstations off of it removed the risk of bullshit fires.

What's a good download link for this game?

Batteries don’t arbitrarily short circuit in 18 anymore? What about the power cables themselves?

its now just the cables i could do some testing but in 17 if a circuit dint have any batteries it would never catch fire.

Stale meme with no truth that was regurgitated so much it self-corrected and killed itself.
Webm related.
I'll give it a shot on my next base.
I make enough selling art and animal bits.

Good idea. I made the storage area my hub this time but it didn't help as much as I had hoped. I'm still going to have the storage space in the center next time but I'll build the barracks adjacent to the dining room.

I find slavery to be a good way to make money off of what would otherwise would be prisoners either useless or too difficult to recruit.

Of course, this does cause a morale hit to your moralfag pawns. Before this I tried harvesting limbs/organs for sale but for some reason once they die you can't harvest their organs, though it might have been changed in a patch and if not, in a mod.

You only need llamas. They do as much damage as wolves and as an added bonus they give you wool.

i don't even know what to think now

Take the extra cotton and potatoes and go paythem a visit, take the prisioner along and sell of his ass

Wow so it will be time to buy the game soon. Neat. This is the first time one of those early access games I've been following hasn't been abandoned or gone to shit before release.

I make a combined workshop and dining area the approximate center of my base. They spend most of their day there, so it's the most efficient. Really, it depends what you're doing with your colonists; you want to minimize the distance they have to walk with what they are doing the most often. Like for a kitchen, you'll want it to be right next to both your meat freezer and your stockpile of vegetables. For sculpture tables you want them to be right next to both the raw material stockpile, and the finished goods stockpile (around a trade beacon).

A lot of people put their bedrooms in a central area, but that's pointless. Colonists will only walk the distance between there and the workshop area twice a day: when they get up, and when they go to bed. Go ahead and stick beds way off to the side out of the way. But if they're cutting stone blocks for example, they'll walk the distance between the stockpile of stone and the stonecutting table a dozen or more times per day. The more often a colonist walks a path per day, the shorter you're going to want it to be. Stuff that is used less often can be to the side somewhere; don't waste centralized space with things like comm stations or drug labs that are used rarely (unless your main income source is making drugs, in which case by all means put it in the middle of everything).

Art is a good source of income, especially if you can keep a steady supply of stone blocks around, and you don't have to worry about your colonists going around snorting up your jade sculptures. Clothing is also good for early game, because you'll have all those hides from meat you hunt lying around.

I find it difficult to not just kill everyone hostile who attacks; rarely do they survive the opening barrage of gunfire. Using melee weapons just opens up my own colonists to injuries that I'd rather not have to deal with. The game needs tranquilizer darts.

Closest thing to a colony sim general so I'll post here.
Been playing stonehearth for muh z levels and it's pretty fun but getting poz'd immediately before the game had even started up soured my opinion of it a bit.
Still is pretty comfy though.

what

I hadn't even embarked.

I hate to say this, I think at this point we can't even fight it anymore. I work at a hospital a fucking MEDICAL SCIENCE CENTER, and we have to ask a patient what they identify as

I work in a hospital too and everyone laughs at trannies if they ever come through. The GP signup forms have gender identity instead of sex with an other box but medicine is science and only their biological sex matters. If they want worse care because they don't want to be treated as what they are then they can grin while dying. No amount of legislation will stop the snickering in the break rooms though.

"New law mandates hospital break rooms be monitored via cctv after nurse in California reports dangerous trans-phobic comments about patients"

Just starting to make the transition to more permanent lighting fixtures. Also complete walls.

What the fuck is up with those hats?

It is the custom of my people to wear these hats.

why

Oh, you know why.

Truly the greatest gaming experience of our time.

True to life.

Kill yourself, my dude.

Oh good, cancerous rain.

I feel as though the game knows what I'm trying to do.

Seems like an open an shut case.

m8 that isn't even remotely how a vagina works

Sure, but it's doesn't make me chuckle like an idiot any less.

So many different moments where a ton of shit happens all at once.

Not five seconds awake again.

Bionic vagina is where it's at!

They'll all know in time.

A defector, a wanderer, and some visitors.

Yet another defector, feeding the colony's thirst for blood and souls.

Also this ape won't fucking die.

How high are you?
If a game was specifically made to be highly moddable, than that has to factor in.

Also, the idea that a game/dev has to implement every idea you want is insane. The game is not complete when it has every feature you desire, but rather when it has all the features the dev decided to put in.

Happy Birthday!

You only have yourself to blame tbh

What mods are you running?

Does it have mods? Just mod that out.

Global report.

>>>/4chan/

Reported again because it triggers you.

It's not allowed because only faggots do it. Best rule 4chan ever had tbh

Holy fuck, this one character has blonde hair. Why is this shit allowed? I FUCKING HATE BLONDE HAIR! More games should remove all mentions of it because I don't like it.

I'M SO FUCKING ANGRY ABOUT THIS.

the type of people who defend rimworld, ladies and gentlemen

Anyone played the TiberiumRim mod?

IN THE NAME OF KANE!

I feel no anger, I knew what had to be done.

Here's the list of mods I'm using at the moment.

The monkeys are from Rimworld of the Apes. I really only have issue with it not showing their blood loss, as I see that they're bleeding out 435%, but they're still scooting around like fuckall's going on. Also they don't wear anything at all.
The cults of course are from the Call of Cthulhu mods. Pretty neato shit.
The hydraulic vaginas are from RimJobWorld, which surprisingly added not only hilarious and original sex jokes, but another layer to the game itself, which was neat.

Oops.

Spearchuckers are a lot more worrying when it's 60:1.

MEN OF HARLECH

Always bad news.

Tried playing a couple days ago, got hit by a tornado, fucked up my explorer, destroyed everything in the base that mattered.

New game has a got a nice closed off valley to the north where I'm expanding my base soon and hide my solar/wind power.

I don't really get how how "rich explorer" is considered the difficult start, you get turret tech and a charge rifle. And you don't have to pay extra to research for the whole fucking game like the primitives get stuck with.

t.blogger

Reported.
Because it triggers you.

What I have grown to enjoy the most about this game is the stories that develope with it.
Sit your asses down and listen to my tale of woe.
A tale I like to call "The Ballad of Cucky Cuckington".

grandpa had the right idea

I don't have any batteries hooked up to my power grid; once in a while get shorts that cause smaller fires unless the line runs through a solid wall. I did have a problem with a hooked up battery once in the latest version, but I can't say it was a frequent occurrence for me.

yea its tied to the cables now not cables + battery. iv'e had a few bad experiences with the shorts that kinda put a bad taste in my mouth over them. like having a half dozen lamia eggs get fried because of a temperature spike in the hallway next to a climate controlled "nest" couldn't get the fire out fast enough in a cave with granite walls and smoothed stone floor because LOL RANDO FIRE BUDDY THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR GOING GREEN i mean if the energy sytem had some thought put into it like not running 10000 wats threw a single iorn wire, having to much energy in the system blowing out lights or getting fucked for using cheap wire rather than proper thick copper cabling. being able to manage input and out put to reduce the risk of shit getting fucked up rather than the intended LOL your fucked because """Realism"""

The current work around for vanilla is to just not use wires. building solar next to a battery next to whatever you need to power will only have a breakdown risk not the LOL your base is on fire now hope you didn't need those full hospital beds.

Ive devoted most of my time to building up defenses and a nice looking refinery, my colonists havent even had rooms carved out for them in three years.

waiting on my map to turn into a tiberium red zone when it hits 55% for the comfortable hell but poison ship parts keep delaying such if I don't destroy them quickly. One instance my map was 33% infested with kanes love and then dropped to .3% by the time I cleaned up the mechanoids.

The obelisk of light is my waifu. Ive got a tiberium spike hooked up to a rollerbelt stockpile which sends the raw crystal over to the refinery for my colonists to either turn into reactor fuel or for the autocrafter to turn into resources.

Mod author needs to make the supression pump work properly with the laser fences like it says it does, ive even tried editing the variables of the laser fence but it seems its just magically bugged.

I wish there was a mod that would allow you to place down/create friendly/enemy bases that can manage themselves.

Post more of your base, you Blackhand!

IN THE NAME OF KANE!

Also, yeah, the mod aurthor needs to get his shit together.

Random disasters are never fun in any game, especially if there is no way to mitigate them later on. I can mostly avoid the worst happening with shorts (losing all stored battery power in the middle of the fucking night and having all the heaters or the fridge go out) because I've made a separate power plant (fueled generators hooked up to a couple of batteries, separated by a switch) that can be used as an emergency backup. But there is still power interruption for a short period until someone can flick that switch. Which means I'm fucked if it happens in the middle of a raid or if I've got hydroponics going.

In that case, I don't feel bad reloading an old save.

i just do everything i can to avoid having pawns burn to death, even if it means cutting corners as far as other things go, be it being short on beds or food, not having defences up…. Or having a fucktarded electrical system that consists of multiple solar panel battery pairs scattered threw out my base wherever i need the power. or wiring with a string of batteries in the walls

There's a backup power mod. You can set up an array of batteries isolated from the mains by a switch, and if the main circuit loses power it automatically trips the emergency backup.

The rest of my meagre base after years, now that the exterior defenses and refinery are finished all my work is turning to carving out a massive base.

The biome has now flipped over to tiberium red zone and tiberium crystals and flora and fauna of all sorts are appearing on my map from the edges, its already a crystal wasteland since it was 55% covered before.
Forbidding the base doors and letting the twin obelisks do my talking. Researching the temple of Nod for some good ol nukelaunching when the forgotten come around to siege

the local nod faction has never sent any guests or caravans which is odd.

Not pictured: Hell.

got the seed/map file?

so vanilla
but my turret setup is amazing.

How come Rimworld doesn't have a good post-apocalyptic mod? I feel like it would be perfect for a "10 years after the bombs fell" sort of thing, especially if you were able to add a destroyed city biome.

Its likely too heavily modded for you to load it, but if the zone beyond mine gets to redzone ill send a caravan of a few tib immune nod troops over using only nod gear and no plate carriers and tac vests and whatnot and see if you can load it up.

I think the closest you're going to get is the Fallout mod on a custom scenario with some permanent toxic shit going around.

So much potential, ruined by shit casting and writing. I'm still salty about it.

This is why I don't feel bad about savescumming.

Fallout is irredeemable trash, though, and has been since FO2.

Sounds like it's time for me to look into modding myself. It's been a long time since I've done anything of the sort, but I can think of a bunch of features that could work out.

There's no indication as to what's causing this RNG bullshit.

just do it nigger

No, Todd. 20 variations on the pipe rifle is not a good idea.

Probably because its literally RNG and story teller weighting plus biome occurance weighting my dude.

(surprised you lasted this long)/10

Man, either the temperature equalization calculations need a total rework or they need to let us have coolers work through double walls. I need three coolers to keep an average-sized fridge at a stable temperature because of the fucking single-wall shit.

you can use a double wall everywhere except that one block where your air-con is, you can easily keep 6x6 blocks below freezing this way.

youtube.com/watch?v=yp68wsayNRA

I failed to explain that the link is for a video about freezers and coolers.

Here is a really good playlist about the nuts and bolts of how rimworld works. (Rimworld Science Videos)
youtube.com/watch?v=dDCtNQaXnFc&list=PLYlBkCxUn55j1oukWQFfBFy8F31tW-JqC

How is it with modding nowadays?
I last played 12d with a modpack that was nearly the same size as the base game, but now everytime I want to fire it up again, there are no collective modspacks on the forum.
The times where I try to download and install 50-100 seperate mods has finished for me after Minecraft…

I need seven to cool my base and three to do the freezer. One block my ass.

1 per air-con unit. I'm keeping 47 blocks at freezing and my freezer design is pretty shit.

The one thing about farming that would make sense is that you don't start with an infinite number of every type of seed. Depending on your technology level, you should only have a couple of things to start with, in a limited number, like 20 each rice and potatoes. Everything else you'd have to buy. Harvesting crops would always yield more seeds than you planted initially, but no more than 150%, so you'd have to scale up from your first tiny patch of potatoes over many planting cycles, or just buy seeds in bulk. As it is, farming is a basically effortless way to get shittons of food with only a single pawn working the fields.

Does this even matter?

I know there's a mod that adds circuit breakers but having something like that wouldn't have been bad in vanilla.

Yeah, if the research room isn't spotless there's a malus to work speed.

Not really sure what to do next. Suggestions?

most people here are spoiled, entitled kids aged 16-20 who get their news from Faux News and Reichbart. don't expect them to ever give a shit about learning, self-improvement, or humility..

Go back to tumblr and fellate the niggers who are your equals.

That's a lot of projection there, niggertron.

nah man you need sterile tiles to make the cleanliness go negative so having it in a room like your hospital with sterile tile on the floor gives you a research bonus & a treatment bonus if you can keepyour hospital clean.

the roof above your freezer makes a huge difference as to the insulation along with the temperature at the ass end of your cooler. coolers only move heat and if the hot end is in a 200° 3x3 hotbox because you wanted to Build a solid wall around your base You're fucked. if you build your freezer under the immovable mountain roof (risking infestation, not that that is really a problem if you have a competent squad built up) and your cooler is attached to an "outside" tile there is no reason you cant keep a 10x10 cooler frozen with one powered cooler assuming your using a double door air lock and double walls. the rock roof also produces superior insulation with the shit (free) tin roof being absolute garbage. unless your playing in extreem desert or have to deal with some 120°F-130°F heat waves i don't see your problem

second story when? Better roofs when?

It's like you are asking to be raided. Replace them with stone in this instant.

I've never seen that mentioned anywhere. Usually the workbenches will tell you if there's a debuff in place (like bad work temperature, or if it's outside [which in itself makes no sense for certain things like refineries and smelters that should be outside because otherwise everyone's dying of carbon monoxide poisoning]), so it seems odd this one doesn't.

Oh well, it's not like research takes that long, anyway.

nah tbqh famalam-ding-bing-ping-pong
They're temporary anyway. I've specifically picked that location for a mountain base.

It's just like my mongolian literature.

you asked for advice.

wtf is going on here

The obese pigorks are raping the 'tan' (((anime girl)))

that (((anime girl))) looks like a nignog dude.

nah

I am unsure if I like this mod or not

I don't know why I linked to that post

Mod options allows you to only have it spread a certain distance from producers and also the amount of producers on the map maximum.

apparently a huge overhaul is on the way and tiberium will no longer be a plant in order to spread and grow

its not a penalty but there is a sterile room buff for research speed

well if you want advice for next time i would suggest deconstructing the free block walls scattered around your base for starting material and setting up stone cutting asap reserveing wood for doors

Not even once.

You're not even unique.

Looks like I offended someone from the gay community. Sorry, faggot. Not everyone does everything to be hip and unique, you fucking soyboy.

Seeing the exact same post multiple times a thread, every single thread gets old pretty fucking fast.

but being a plant is how it grows?

ur mum got old pretty fast

Sure, some people only do things to virtue signal to Holla Forums about what a good Nazi they are. Tell me, kid are you doing anything to save Muh White Race other than killing people in video games and bragging as if that's a real accomplishment?

zzzzzzz

zzzzzzz

let's play Rimworld..

You're getting really bent out of shape over one post there, mate.

I'm cheating mildly, the mech swarms are fucking ridiculous now so I often make half of them berserk and let defenses mop up the rest. I may mod the shit out my next run once that central hallway is paved with gold.

FIFY.

Also, here's your friendly reminder that we're about a decade from you getting thrown in prison if you show public bigotry toward protected minorities. Better keep that shit under wraps, comrade.