Weapons that you just suck with

Pic related, every FPS I play with the SKS I cant hit shit with it. I can tap out headshots no problem with other rifles. But for some reason the SKS cant hit the side of a barn.

Others include: any kind of rawket lawn chair and crossbows. I dont know why.

What are some weapons in FPS you just cant use effectively?

Other urls found in this thread:

imfdb.org/wiki/SKS_rifle#Video_Games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What the fuck games even have an SKS? It was only in service for like, a year.

Any weapon with a scope or magnifier I cannot do a damn thing with. Take off the crap and give me iron sights and I can instantly aim with it. After messing with it for some amount of time in many games I think I just have problems being able to understand the change in sensitivity from hipfire to ADS/Scoped shooting.

I remember when this rifle used to be a cheap buy until King Nigger did that ban on Russian imported weaponry.

Only ISIS got cheap guns on Kang Nig's watch.

Not that I suck with them, but pretty much all SMG's in all video games. What's the point unless the game makes you walk slower with a rifle than an SMG (which is fucking stupid).

Don't know about you but I always carry my Glock 42 when I'm about to succ.

I know some STALKER mods have the SKS. I think I saw it in a PUBG video as well.

Firearms: Source. It's weapons have also been ported to Garry's Mod, webm related.

/k/ here

basically the SKS was supposed to replace mosins and SVTs from WW2 as the new rifle. And the AK was supposed to replace the various SMGs. Well quickly the soviets, like the germans did, figured out assault rifles were now king. So they produced a FUCKLOAD of SKSs and then replaced them all with AK-47s (then once they figured out stamping AKMs)

These huge stocks of SKSs were handed out to commie nations like vietnam, best korea, etc.

JUST FUCKING SHOOT ALREADY

I can't hit a fucking thing with the scattergun. Its not even the speed since I still suck while slowed, but I can somehow aim a shotgun fine.
Even the pistol. But the scattergun is just cursed.

No, Bill Clinton is the one who banned SVT's and SKS's. The nog banned Molot from import.

Man I call some bullshit on those 20rnd fixed one, its worse than trying to load an Astra with the fixed 20 round mag.

My problem is with games that use a fucking .png for zooming in. For some reason that just fucks up my shooting. I need my peripheral view even if it's barely anything.
Functioning Scopes > Camera Modifier with Scope.png thrown over it.

imfdb.org/wiki/SKS_rifle#Video_Games
Very few.

The scattergun acts almost identically to the normal shotgun.

Pretty sure it has a tighter spread at range.

It was by far the best weapon on Firearms: Source, you'd have to suck shit to not be good with it.

DMR's and I don't mix unless I completely ignore optics and blast away from the hip.

Any machine pistols.

In general, in games, I hate using sniper rifles. Even when I am GOOD with them I don't enjoy using them, so I don't know if that counts. Normally, yeah, I suck with them. But occasionally I'm great with them but I don't like using them because most snipers aren't team players and tend to be lone wolf assholes who only care about KDR than helping the team. (R6S is the exception to this)

Used to own a Norico and loading isn't always that easy. However, this did give me a bit of a chub. That /k/ommando life, son.

Sniper rifles. The scope always feels weird as fuck, and I can't seem to hit pinpoint hipfire shots, even if the accuracy is still good outside of the scope like in TF2.

This peice of shit right here is somehow the most realistic weapon i've seen in any games. It just perfectly mimic what the country this gun came from is worth at war.
IT'S FUCKING SHIT

the famas was a cringy gun on CSS

Karabiner 98k from Call of Duty 2
Those were the days of no perks, noob tubes, claymors, spray and pray shit
Just you, your gun, a pistol, a grenade or smoke

Kar98k was one hit to torso one kill, so "quickscoping" was kinda my thing back in the day and a really good long distance shooting weapon too

No scope on dat bish too, loved me some clean nice smooth tight front sight

Shit choice of game. Also rifles only was better in 1.

This

Only good CoD was original one

And United Offensive but that's an expansion strictly speaking. Apparently 3 was actually somewhat of a return to form even bringing back vehicles in multiplayer but it was console only.

Oh yeah youre right. Yeah UO was great. The tanks were fun to steal lol

I will say for 2 it did add shotguns finally though you could sort of have them in 1 with mods.

That list is missing Escape From Tarkov

Rising Storm 2 as well.

I just can't seem to hit shots with bolt action sniper rifles. Especially if the game takes you out of the scope to pull back the bolt.
It's weird because I can hit headshots easily with semi-automatic sniper rifles, even on the first shot. If the rifle is bolt action I will miss 90% of my shots.

In every single shooter I suck shit with spray n pray weapons because I have nerve damage and can't keep a consistent aim. But semi auto guns such as the SKS are given low rate of fires and I can just swoop over people shooting at them when fitting.

I play Insurgency mainly and I can't say I know your pain. After you shoot you can delay bolt action for however long you want by keeping pressing the fire button, and it doesn't takes you out of the scope for the action, and it's almost always an instakill unless you only manage to get a graze on the fingers or something. But in that game you don't aim for headshots, unless the head is the only part that's sticking out. Mainly because the typical engagement distance is way too high for making headshots, or it lasts too little to aim for the head carefully. Also the game has this aim box mechanics that denies noscoping, since the gun may be pointed to any direction within a significantly sized box around the center of the screen. And even if you aim down the sights, there is parallax error and shit, so the bullets don't necessarily go to the center of the screen either. Which is to say, you need to actually aim, which precludes your typical counter-strike techniques.

Nope because the gun is always stuck in the middle of the screen when aiming.
Rising Storm is the only shooter in history where I actually found myself staring at the sights, because the gun would veer off the middle of the screen so you had no choice but to actually use the sights instead of using muscle memory.
Which is a shame because that game is terrible, but innovative.

I suck with explosives. They can rake in fuckton of frags at a time and can turn the tide in an otherwise disasterous situation. But I can't use it for shit. I don't know good places to put it half the time, when I do I never seem to know a good route to get there, and on occastion that I'm prepared for using it, I can't run up to the point where I should put it without getting shot.

As long as you keep your sights stable, it's more or less where the reticle is. If you start moving the aim, it goes all over the place. You'd notice you can't hit a moving target even though it's directly under your reticle, because your bullets fly ahead or behind it.

Planted explosives are a defense device
You wait for the team to advance, then you put some on the chokepoints where you expect the enemies are going to push through.

That's because the animation of gun shake is tied to frame rate, while the direction the gun is actually pointing at isn't.

I know how to use them, I just suck at it.

It was pretty good, especially if you played Search & Destroy. The only problem I had with it was that there were grenades everywhere.

They're very situational and you need a particular playstyle for them to work. It has to suit you. Most people who use them are campers/snipers. As a rusher they don't work, except in chaotic situations.

I like to use them whenever the enemy is getting to aggressive. Even if they only occasionally work, the fear of traps slows them down and screws with their focus, making them easier to shoot.

The way to use them is to use smoke grenades to get past the initial MG lockdown, then use an SMG to shoot your way towards one of the main "repawn corridors" the enemy uses. Then sneeki breeki away again and blow them up as soon as you see the first enemy walk around inside the explosion radius.

It's either a .png or everything around the scope is blurred as hell. I hate that.

The grenade spam was one of the worst things in the first Modern Warfare.

Every hitscan weapon in Goldsrc games like Half Life Deathmatch and TFC. You don't get much feedback when you hit someone and it completely fucks me up, I can never tell when my shots are landing and when they aren't. It gives me a strange impotent feeling, like pissing into the wind, desperately shooting at someone for half a minute and praying for them to just fucking die already. I also swear the hit detection is a lot pickier than other games. Give me a sniper rifle in Unreal Tournament and I'll noscope people in the head all day, but then in Goldsrc games I'm a fucking stormtrooper against people less than 5 feet away.

Sniper rifles always feel terrible in every game I play and other weapon types are almost always more convenient to use
I don't get sniperfags.

oh and the C4 in Killing Floor 2, what is even the point of it when all other weapons are better and have way more ammo

It could be worse: the weapons tied to the medic class.

Like pottery.

I remember all the MLG parody montages that came from that game. If I didn't know any better I'd say CoD 2 was the origin of cancerous montages Thankfully I know better and know that it actually stemmed from Quake and Counter-Strike at around the same time as each other

Bill Clinton banned imports from China. Obama banned most Russian imports, but Molots weren't banned until just last year.

I hate long-range weapons because I can't snipe for shit.
Alternatively, I fucking love shotguns, swords, and other short-range insta-kill weapons a lot. For years now, I made many bitches audibly rage aloud into their headsets in frustration. No joke.
I don't even purposely try to ruin their days, but it's just too fucking funny everytime I come across a player who takes winning/losing way too seriously.

But you could do the same thing in 1 and it worked better.

try playing Team Fortress 2 user
:^)

Man what a time that was
Remember when one of sweden's finest in CS 1.6 was a fucking Somalian? Diversity indeed

Truly one of life's hidden pleasures. Also good on you for not following the hitscan meme, we've always had 'that player' who thought that he's a hotshot with a sniper-rifle.

wtf does that even mean?

Sniper rifles, man. I can't deal with them. I don't suck entirely but being reliant on accuracy from the get-go just isn't my thing. I need room for error so I can correct. SMGs, or LMGs, are usually my go to.

Call me a casual but machine guns are my shit.

More dakka, nigga

The medic weapons aren't a matter of being good or not with them, they just plain suck.

Absolute dogshit
Fuck off, this piece of trash is like a bb gun in every single game ever and the muzzle rise is atrocious. You're better off with throwing your helmet at the enemy.

the SKS type rifles were in use in other countries for a while though. i think china used them at least into the 80's and i know for a fact they used them in their "victory" in the sino-vietnamese conflict. I'm also pretty sure the soviets held the SKS in reserve until the 70's and by now i think exists as a ceremonial rifle. poorer African and SEA countries might use them in limited numbers right now but who really cares what they do.

i know that rising storm 2 has the SKS, Squad, 7.62

Every weapon in this game, I don't know how they managed to fuck them all up so badly.

git gud:^)

valve fucked too much with the cone of fires, made all the rifles suck, and the orange box update made things worse.

i got really good at this game in highschool. some of the guns are hard to use but once you figure out how to control them its pretty easy. out of all the shitty hitscan games this one was one of the most intuitive for me.

I managed to figure out the MP40 so far, but compared to the classic DoD they all feel so strange.

A lot of games have scopes which are just not necessary and the magnification is way off. For example a 4x scope feels more like a 1.5x scope.

Honestly don't think it would make any difference for me. I don't know of a single game where I've wanted to use any form of sight other than hipfire/iron sights.

I'm terrible with any kind of gun that has a high rate of fire, almost as a matter of principal. There is almost never a situation where a tradeoff between better accuracy and moar dakka is sensible. Ammo isn't infinite. If there's a large collection of tightly-packed enemies so that, if you had a gun spraying bullets everywhere made it so you really couldn't miss, that's what EXPLOSIVES are for.

You sound like the kind of player who hates bullet sponge enemies/DPS races.

Fucking planetside 2 LMGs, i cannot use them to save my fucking soul. And yet every time a heavy comes rolling in I get my shit pushed in by them. I just don't get them.

I do. I once played an FPS game where a powerful enemy charged at me down a hallway; he was just a big human with no helmet on. I lined up my gun, and put a bullet right between his eyes. There was a nice decorative splash of blood, but he didn't die. Two more shots to the face, and he still didn't fucking die.

Basically just dropped the game immediately. Pulls me completely out of my suspension of disbelief where there's shit like that.