Paragon

Is this fun at all? Concept of a TPS MOBA does sound kind of interesting and it is free.

good one shill

this is like the one time calling OP a shill actually applies

fuck off

Why does every game have to have a minimap now?

there was a point near the first public access when it was fun. it's gone through so many changes since then, I doubt it. It really started going down hill a year or so ago when the devs started completely changing core features; for the worse.

I tried it at some point because I thought why not. It runs like anus, and it's not fun at all. One of my longer installs and one my of fastest uninstalls ever.

I tried it. It's dogshit.

seeing as it takes a good chunk of the screen i would not even call that a minimap.

Here's why it's bad.
The upgrades you can get in the game (cards) need to be earned out of the game to be added to your deck if you don't want to use the standard deck.

The Meta Decks will always be better than the standard Deck.

To get new cards you have to either farm them or spend real life money.

I want to blow my load into her.

Monday Night Combat did it better until they went full retard with Super MNC

This is from when I played a couple of years ago in closed beta
Don't bother. I doubt it's better than it was before

get out
>>>/neogaf/
>>>/reddit/

Dubs thread commerce.

even better

bye

Unlike other MOBAs, it seemed to have sorta kinda fixed one of it's glaring issues, the economy, by use of generators on the side. This made it a far more interesting game mechanic than simply farming and opened the game for more strategies and balance changes, plus it also doubled them as objectives to fight over and could help with the bad snowballing most MOBAs have.

However if I recall correctly, the card system to ugprade your character is where they skin your wallet if you want to not be utter shit at the game.
Plus, despite being third person and there even be different levels of terrain, there aren't that many movement abilities to go around so it misses it's chance there.

So you are saying they undermined a core mechanic replaced with a capture the flag?

Is it wrong to "undermine" a shitty mechanic? Wouldn't it make it a better game if it was removed or replaced with something better?
Point controlling works far better than farming mobs.

You don't take the generators from your oponent's base and carry them all the way to yours so it's not CTF.
You mixed it with point control since you're just trying to dismiss it as something bad for whatever reason.

You clearly don't under stand how farming mobs works. Its a much less passive thing than you think. At least I'm talking about DOTA.
I'm dismissing because its replacing area control and farming mechanics with mindless brawling.

Never said it was passive, that's not why it's bad. If the problem was being passive, I wouldn't say generators are bad, would I?

You are fighting for an area surrounding the generators, I honestly have no idea how you can write those 2 things on the same sentence.
You have a fight over a point that will give your team an economical advantage, not unlike fights in a lane to keep control over farming minions.
The only difference is that the focus is on fighting the other guy instead of autistic last hits and he will have other oportunities for comebacks instead of losing an entire 1/3 of economic input for his team.

Are you being contrarian just for the sake of keeping discussion up? Because you can do that without sounding retarded and it's more effective to.

You are saying that like there is no competition in lane or in a jungle? What you are saying is that they a replacing a perfectly good mechanic with another that encourages mindless brawling over and area instead of the tried and true formula of laning, farming, stacking, warding, etc. Its just another case of retarded gimmicking. I don't see how this is any better than fucking Heroes of Blizzard or what ever.

smite already exists
rollsan

You can't just start a dubs tread witouth getting dubs.
Here let me show you.

Real women don't look like that.

Reminder that Super Monday Night Combat was the only interesting moba-shooter thing ever made and that game was a mess

I've played it before, because my super pozzed friend gets these whims like a game can suddenly do no wrong. I choked down a few matches, so let me give you my (somewhat informed) opinion.

In complete honesty, the game is a trainwreck. Seriously. To begin with, perhaps its biggest offense, is that it's not fun. None of the abilities are impactful, and most of them are passives or AA empowers, meaning each character is AA heavy, plays similarly, and fights are a snore. The TPS perspective doesn't work in all the genre staples' favor, and just makes everything harder. It kinda works in Smite, because characters are simple enough, and attacks are adequately telegraphed, but the overcomplicated UE4 art style, which completely goes against design philosophies of visual clarity, makes it a challenge to tell what the hell is going on at any given moment. It also makes all the unlockable skins laughably pointless, as you can barely tell the difference. Speaking of which, NONE of the characters are voiced, at all, which is, like, a -10,000 points to a genre that thrives on the interest generated by its roster. Then there's the progression system, which is a F2P fever dream. There's like 6 different kinds of loot crates (all of which are purchasable via microtransactions), characters have to be unlocked through cumulative log-in bonuses, there's weird "raffles" for extra loot crates based on how much you play, and the "mission" system hinges on aggressive daily goals. Individual character progression has to be purchased, which is a psychological ploy way to hide characters behind an extra paywall without actually making them unusable.
And then there's the card system. Items at the fountain are referred to as "cards" that you purchase and level-up as you play. The sell, is that you can choose which cards are available, to "customize each match", but the reality is that it stifles creativity and strategy by limiting your options. Obviously you can't tell what you'll need before each match, so your best bet is to build your "deck" based on what character you're going to play, which inevitably feeds into a meta-reliant structure which, surprise surprise!, is locked behind hours upon hours of grinding an obnoxious "crafting" system and lootboxes.
Also, the free "skin" you get from character progression looks like fucking guy Fieri flames. Yuck.

Then play SMITE. It's better.

Oh boy dubs thread.

Lost me there

Well, I suppose I should add my opinion to the mix since it's the last match-based game I've played before deciding that rather than sinking and three-digit amount of hours into repetitive matches I should play normal vidya instead. For me it was fun, but that being said, I've played in the very early days when there was no meta yet and they haven't yet added loot crates and whatnot. Had 2-3 friends I've played together and a lot of the heroes and brawls we've had were actually exciting. Obviously, I don't recommend it for the same reason I don't recommend any match-based game (except maybe Splatoon 2 but only because they constantly shake things up and tie everything into a coherent single player campaign) and as said things have most likely gone downhill. If you have a MOBA itch you can do a lot worse than Paragon though. At the end of the day, shit's free why are you asking here for?

the adventure time one was a fun flavor of the month

gee user I fucking wonder.

check em real quick i gotta go pee

forgot to sage my bad

Kill yourself, shill

the learning curve in mobas are too high for Holla Forums. try reddit

I'm not even going to give the fag above me a (You).

Gee user, you tell me.