Vermintide 2

What are the chances of these big ugly sons of bitches in Warhammer Vermintide 2? I'm actually hyped for the 2nd one now that they are including Chaos enemies. I think having Chaos as either a playable faction or enemies is a MUST in a Warhammer or 40k game. It just isn't the same without them. Who wants to fight only Orks and Rats all the time?

Other urls found in this thread:

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Skaven_Pestilens
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

will vermintide 2 have blood ravens in it

The space marine chapter? I doubt it. It's Warhammer Fantasy not 40k

NEW THREAD

addjaklwndqundqjknwdknwdjklblqwuibuiqwbdikqbnwdnlnwdiqnwdilnqwkdqkwdbnkqwjbdkqwbdkjqbnwkljdbwhwhdbjqhwbdhqwdqhwbdjqhwldjbhqwhbdhjqblwdhbqwhbqdwhjdqywgdyugudgiqvgvdvirqywdfqcvwdqgwdyuiqvbwd

Not sure what you mean.

What are the chances the game is good, unlike the first?

Should this foul abomination indeed exist then it shall be purged.

We're all innocent here.

side question
Is Inquisitor: Martyr any good or do you know?

(checked)
Innocence proves nothing.

How the fuck are flying babies with robot skulls and tubes running all throughout their bodies not Heresy? Those things have always creeped me out.

Your ignorance shows.

That's the actual logic the Imperium uses.

Give me my lungs back user

No.

it's going to be just of a lead on like the first one was

Expect them to only add chaos undivided and generic cultists.

Nope, already saw a demo vid.
Appears to be all Nurgle though.

generic cultists will be the "mob" reskin
chaos warrior the "storm vermin"
chaos spawn the "rat orge"
etc etc

Virtually zero. Greater demons are essentially undefeatable natural disasters that kill everyone within miles by simply appearing.

Dammit.
I just want a vidya version of this.

Maybe, but they were in Warhammer Online so never say never.
-dp sage

the devs couldn't into boss fights so don't hold your breath

Then I'm surprised, I would have figured they would go with Khorne before Nurgle.

Why?
The rats have allied themselves with the only chaos god that makes sense for a bunch of filthy rats.

apologies for double post

if it is I really hope it isn't age of sigma shit because fuck having a wow alliance/horde cuntery

Why would anyone care?

I figured that only clan pestilence would ally with Nurgle it was probably a dumb thought though

No, I'm pretty sure you're right. They seem to be one in the same.
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Skaven_Pestilens
Pretty sure these are the guys you're fighting.

thing is though we don't see anything from pestilence

I fucking knew the 56% forced meximeme art was stolen.

lel

From what the videos show there is no reskin apparent especially between rodents and chaos cunts.
The Stormvermin sword and shield variant will also have its own moveset similar but not identical to standard halberded Storms.
The same is true for the chaos spawn, while it is still a large melee focused mini boss it differs to the Ratogre. E.g. it can grab a character and feed on him in order to regain lost health. The Stormfiend is another ratogre but with twin fucking warpfire throwers I dunno if you wanna call that a reskin too but I certainly won't.

Clan Fester is according to the lore a vassal clan to Pestilence itself. They don't behave or fight like pestilence but they are no strangers to serving disgusting and toxic deities.

So it does have a single player campaign?

I now prefer WHFB aesthetics over LOTR itself, would be nice to have a RPG based on it, to complement the TW games.

If its anything like the first you should be able to play the whole thing solo with the AI bots even up the highest difficulty as long as you're good at blocking/dodging.

Skaven are beastmen (mutants from regular animal through chaos power, in their case regular rats through warpstone), all beastmen worship chaos, but typically in the form of "chaos undivided" not specific aspects of it.
Now the skaven don't worship the classic chaos gods, they have their own version of the God Emperor, the Horned Rat, the (retarded) events of the End Times in WFB revolves around the skaven trying to have the Horned Rat become a full fledged chaos god (which they largely succeed).
Pestilens officially reveres the disease carrying aspect of the horned rat (but the others skavens considers them heretics).

The first game was a less-good Left 4 Dead. That bodes ill for the second game.

The game was merely fine, but coming off the back of playing Left 4 Dead and Payday it's hard to say it did anything exceptional.

Wasn't Pestilens worshiping Nurgle all along? The plagues they engineer that end up killing millions of ratmen (((accidentally))) each time were a way for them to keep the clans from organizing and actually making a push against mankind before Chaos, I think I read that somewhere. Of course End Times screwed that up along with everything else.

Most of your points are utter shit, mate.

Orks when?

I want to fight the Undead.

You will be slaying something worse, the fucking beastmen.

tbh fantasy chaos army is pretty shitty for this kinda game as they're all the same thing with just different degrees of warp fuckery.I wouldn't mind having a arena mode for them where you highly customize your dude for it but it just don't fits tbh.

beastmen would have been better tbh

Is this game still going to have the mandatory 4 player l4d shit in it? I hated not just being able to just play with 1 friend without being forced to have 2 bots tag along.

it'd be the same, only now you get to climb different class trees if you want

There is a mod for shit like that.
Download and install takes 10 minutes.

But the game is designed around needing 4 players so just disabling the bots from spawning doesn't fix the game.

if you're actually good at the game you don't need bots for it

Then why does the embedded video have bots?

The first game honestly felt like an incomplete game and with the amount of DLC's for it I feel like this should be a DLC rather than its own game.
I dont feel its worth buying it again to get a few more enemies since I bet they have very few maps again and will just sell more as DLC's.
Fuck people who enable DLC kikery.

because I thought otherwise

Orks are fucking gay and I hate people like you.

Its pretty sad that videos like these caused the devs to nerf the bow and staff with auto targeting.
Instead of buffing weapons that nobody uses because they're garbage they just downgrade the ones that are usefull.
No fun allowed tier balancing.

I'm serious, man. Fuck people who are content with one type of enemy in a Warhammer game. The main battle is Man vs Chaos and it should be that way for just about all video games if you're only gonna have one enemy, and Orks, man, orks are just the worst. I can't stand the greenskins.
Off topic: What is the 40k equivalent of Vermintide?

Dont worry they arent actual, human bebies but cloned familiars, worry about the fact that they dont use human babies because it would be much more expensive.

Space Hulk Deathwing, unless else something fits better.

Buffing the other bows wouldn't have done jack shit. People are too noob to actually aim properly with the ranged weapons in the game (citing it's too hard and/or "glitchy" to obtain headshots) so they have to rely on those auto-aim weapons to stay ahead of the pack. Whenever they get nerfed you get the same levels of sodium as the Democrats after seeing Trump getting elected. Rather than giving proper arguments as to why they should've been left alone, they just scream obscenities or give bullshit reasons like "it makes me feel like a bad-ass".

Good riddance with Trueflight mechanics, and I hope they don't come back in Vermintide 2.

almost as if the devs are hacks or something

It's a good thing you refuted them otherwise they would go untested.

First game wasn't bad, but they spent a lot of time in creating replayability with upgradable items but didn't make the base game worth repeated playthroughs.

BULLET DODGED

wrong

You drop a game because you happened to end up in a bad party the first time?
I dont actually believe you.

i played several and the experience was the same every time. So i assumed it was an entire community of faggots.

I always use the Conflagration Staff m'self. Regardless, a group in Vermintide with a good Bright Wizard is a group better off. A good Bright Wizard can more than make up for the shortcomings of the others, though not ALL of them if they choose to be so incompetent.

Ugh, hold on, copypasta timeā€¦

"Second, if you hear that there's an RPG element to this game and feel that new players likely get mistreated, you're only half right. The levels you gain in this game are indicative of your overall experience in the game. Thusly, your level gives you no inherent advantages except for how others see/treat you. Lower level players are generally seen as junior, with most under the level 40 being seen as "noobs". Higher level players are seen as senior, with some people ridiculously high level to the point of being looked upon as being elite. Yes, this DOES harbor some elitism in the player base, but in general much of this can be circumvented by new players IF the new players either listen to the advice of the senior players OR show a decent understanding of the deeper nuances of the game. If you're a new player that's dropping fast and swinging wildly, don't expect veteran players to respect you or even give you the time of day. One easy way to know if you're worth your weight in salt: Are you performing better than the veteran's bots? If so, you're generally fine. If not, then you might want to start learning the game more. Also, remember that not all enemies should be confronted. Rushing into a fight can spell disaster, even more so when the veteran players know not to prompt an attack but a newer player forces it anyways, forcing the veteran players to waste time and resources having to clean up the mistakes of newer players."

What this means is simple: Since you were new, other new players were being retarded because of the difficulty you chose and/or veteran players simply did not see any reason to trust in your ability to be asset to them.

I would be angry if it wasn't fucking true.

Agreed. Fantasy had SO MUCH going for it.

For all the shit with GW and for all the laziness and bad programming at least Warhammer fantasy lives on somewhat in Total WaWa.

Holy fuck how can there be people this retarded

How can anyone be hyped for Vermintide 2 after the colossal clusterfuck that was the first iteration?
Shallow, floaty melee combat and ranged weaponry that tear through rats like paper instead of meatbags.

Judging by the early footage of the sequel, the melee combat is just as bad if not worse.

Use the right mods and it becomes good enough, although CA's laziness and retardation are always visible.

Fantasy Orks (and the Greenskins in general) are pretty fucking awesome. Grimgore Ironhide is a brute of an Ork and could put most WH40K Orkz to shame.

I think he's pointing out that they're orcs in fantasy and orks in 40k.

Oh, I make that mistake all the time too.

No matter how much you polish a turd, it'll never turn to chocolate. Adding mods to fundamentally broken game doesn't do jack shit to make it good. You would have to revamp the entire strategy layer and the combat phases which no mods are going to do that.

Oh yeah, because games with retarded loops can ever be good.

I really liked Vermintide, some of the weapons hurt the experience for me though.

Wish they'd add a Brettonian.

I honestly cannot see them ever doing that.

I was always hoping for a Warrior Priest, personally.

I'd much rather see a Warhammer Fantasy RPG, but given how development goes today and the Age of Sigmar stuff, I'm hesitant to see it come to fruition.

The funniest guys, but outclassed by so many others.

How would they put a horse in the game?

your dub dubs are blessed by Sigmar

This trips are blessed by Tzeentch.

Nigger what?

What is this retarded loop?

I hate what they did with the Elf since it reminds me of the retardation GW did with them in the End Times.
All that shittalk she would say about the High Elves and Dark Elves will be redundant unless they somehow write it to be given more background and reason than what we got but probably not.

I'm waiting for Markus class reveal and eventual bald Markus with hammer

Wouldn't Saltz be the most likely to dawn Warrior Priest armor though? Not that I necessarily want him to, I'd rather just have ONE new character. Even as a paid DLC

The game has mod support though.

That might be true, but, well, yeah. I'm that desperate.