Demons Souls Shuts Down Feb 28th

Last chance if you haven't played. I just ordered a PS3 & a copy since I enjoyed Dark Souls so much. What am I in for? I've heard the level up menu is "confusing to new players". Any truth to that? Looking forward to invading people as a Boss though, sounds fun.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q5qKWdoigxU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good, I can't fucking stand being invaded.

I love invading people like you

Everything about this post reads like fetid cancer.

Oh shit! Now that you mention it, it's the last chance to get yellow tornado hat.

proto-Dark Souls. Same movement options, same parrying mechanics, very similar magic spells and melee animations. it's just that everything is much more rough around the edges. For instance, archers in DaSI will pull a melee weapon to attack you if you get too close to them, and they archers in DeS won't do the same. Some major differences:

It's got a very "FUN ALLOWED" approach to it probably because they felt it would tank and Miyazaki went full experimental. Characters move pretty fast, split damage weapons are stupid strong even on non-dedicated magic builds, weapon requirements are overall pretty low and there's some interesting shit like equip regen so powerful it fully negates poison, a ring that boosts sweet spot damage and the motherfuckin' Scraping Spear.
Honestly, I can't even imagine the shitshow the community it would be if the game came out in this day and age. People think DaS3 goes overboard? Imagine it with a insta full heal item you can carry 99 of plus other varieties, a Tears of Denial that revives with 50% HP or a Storm Ruler that will toss your ass into the next county.

Side note, DeS handles the player boss character MUCH better than DaS3; it starts the summoning once you start going up the tower instead of DaS3 that makes you sit there watching a giant rubbing his nipples as he talks in the slowest possible manner.
Also gotta say that Latria still holds up. It's honest-to-Gwyn one of the best areas in the series.

So you just bought a console to play this one game

Whoops~

Shiiit, I remember the first times I tried that area, got tentacled raped until I got gud.
Then I beat fool's idols and realized 3-2 was even more opresive than the level before, in a way not even the swamp is.

There's no area in DeS that I would say it's outright inferior to the other, each one has it's own flavor I can still distinctly remember every map individually. I'd say my least favorite area is 2-1 but no by much.

Why From? Why dont they just rerelease DeS WITH DaS in some kind of package for like 20 bucks?

Sony owns the rights to DeS and Bloodborne, unless they decide to make these titles multiplatform, then they're doomed to be console bait. DaS Remastered, on the other hand, is likely a cash grab. It's on all the available platforms, it will run at imrpoved framerate, and some say it will be on the new engine. Bamco has all the incentive in the world to release remakes like this, and Sony doesn't.

Few enemies give you pause like that; IMHO only BB replicates that feeling with the Brain Suckers and Winter Lanterns.
I love 3-1 for the use of sound; the incense, the rattling cell bars, the bells, the prisoner wails, Rydell's screams and the singing lady. Then combine that with the heavy use of green, that ominous metal web in the sky, the barely lit halls I fell on that hole. Twice. etc plus the way it twists your expectations because you think you're headed to some enlightened fairy tale land and you get a uniquely oppressive atmosphere.

I don't like 4 that much, mostly because the Reapers are horribly unimaginative and BLACK SKELETON DUAL WIELDING KATANAS seems like something made up by Miyazaki's 12 year old nephew.

You bet your ass I farmed that Pure Bladestone.

It's a last gen console that you get can on the cheap?

> I fell on that hole. Twice.
Those bait lizards took many lives.
The atmosphere in latria is amazing and there are few levels that compete in all of the Dark souls and bloodborne, mainly ash lake, the boreal valley reveal and maybe the school in the forest.

While the skeletons where somewhat dull, 4-2 made it up for me with the ghost and grim reapers, they really nailed the tomb feel, and that fucking pure bladestone was a nightmare to get.

Going back to Des as soon as I finish this playthroug of DaSIII, hopefully I can get summoned for 3-2 again, it really got me when I was summoned for the first time. Couldn't find the pic I was looking for, found all others though.

I've never even met half the NPCs because I'm either too gud or a little bit too not gud to have my tendency fucked. Shame they got rid of WT, its a great idea just not executed too well.

If you disconnect before an invasion concludes the game doesn't apply the normal re-invasion block. I've invaded a guy, had him pull the cord, re-invaded, and then killed him while he was busy sending me taunting messages.

The fourth pic still cracks me up after all these years, those comics were the best.

THE MEMLORD HIMSELF IS STREAMING
youtube.com/watch?v=q5qKWdoigxU

Try getting laid instead.

Stop remaking this thread.

yes, and? To be fair, I'm also going to use the ps3 as a media server too. The game is about to go offline forever, should I NOT have bought a copy? i mean really, it's not like I have many options here.

Did you ever get invaded by someone in the old monk's hood?

You guys excited for the Dark Souls™ Remaster™ Prepare to Die™ Again: HD 4k VR™

This is just repulsive at this point and it actually makes me not even want to play another FromSoft game again.

Still can't find the one about 3-2 summoning,

I found three of them but they're all low-effort trollface shit

found it.

Stop posting.

Wait, how much is the sweet spot damage increased by?
I'm running a dragon bone breaker + the curse that makes you deal 50% more damage and that weapon is 90% sweet spot.

I meant that I pull the cord until I'm done playing, faggot