Command & Conquer Thread: V2 Edition

You're a fucking noob who needs to gitgud if you disable superweapons. JohnW.E is the hero we deserve.

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/zx5zuw.mp4
gruntmods.com/dune_2000_gruntmods_edition/
cncnet.org/
gamefaqs.com/pc/196957-command-and-conquer/faqs/13721
moddb.com/mods/command-and-conquer-generals-evolution
mentalomega.com/info/changelog.txt
moddb.com/mods/the-dawn-of-the-tiberium-age/tutorials/change-log
mega.nz/#!rxIAUS5b!N4zz5-gseEfXhFJ-0am7agZBnfBDvl5qU9Ai_s6nMQs
mega.nz/#!v4oUhZwS!N7icxWJsM9ZevJxYoj6fPCayzswtn74O9NzFf_udwTo
cncnet.org/renegade
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Daily reminder that (((GDI))) did EVERYTHING wrong.

Command & Conquer
Red Alert
Tiberian Sun
Red Alert 2

Renegade (the X remake is even better)
Generals
Tiberium Wars

Red Alert 3
Tiberian Twilight

Tiberium Alliances (some shitty f2p browser facebook ""game"")

>enabling (((Globalists))) to keep their communistic autocracy in power
Purge the heretics.

Nod are the commies. They're the ones blabbering on about a grand utopian vision, setting aside differences in order to fight the "system" (aka white capitalist dudes in rich countries).

Nod is an umbrella that harbors international terrorist organizations. Collection of sandniggers and slavs.

>((("white"))) capitalist dudes in rich countries
Explain this faggot in pic related then

Also Nod is the world-leading capitalist faction as they hold the strongest economic power in both tiberium refinement and tiberium-based product industries that are helping millions of people world-wide. GDI is ruskie faggots with deprecated soviet jury-rigs and (((grand leaders))) who want to spread (((globalism))).

A civilized black man, not a nigger.

You forgot to mention their a cult of personality led by a radical who thinks he's God.

GTFO NOD SHILLS REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nod is black and red therefore evil.
GDI is gold therefore good.

So Nod is Holla Forums and Kane is Trump? Gotcha.

(((GDI))) is (((gold))) and therefore (((good)))

Yuri vs Kane
Who would win?

>The brotherhood of Nod is the savior mankind deserves, we spread diversity Tiberium all over the world to enrich mankind and lead to the next step in human evolution
3 Seconds later…

gee, it's almost like neither GDI or NOD are black and white evil/good stereotypes and have individual factions with individual motives

almost like they weren't written like complete shit like most RTS factions are

why isnt Dune 2000 ever mentioned?

What did he mean by this? tbh there needs to be a third faction with a third political position on C&C.

Mutants are niggers. Nod ain't no better for thinking they can get super powers by pozzing themselves with tiberium and trading their body for a abomination of it.

Red Alert 2 is overrated and Red Alert 1 underrated. That is all.

Radio 2 is a good track

I seriously hope you fools don't continue to venture down this path.

Legion is the best fraction in NV tho, i thought that this is clear by now

KANE LIVES IN DEATH

There is only one path.

do u no de wey brudda?

Fixed that for you.

A slave obeys. Why follow when you can lead?

>(((Nod))) and (((Kane))) literally caused the Scrin invasion by spreading Tiberium everywhere
topwew, Noddies deserve their cucking tbh

Because it's not a CnC game? :^)
Emperor Battle for Dune is pretty fun

cept that gdi was always portrayed as the good guys while NOD the bad

requesting the stealth tanks webm

Leave and don't come back.

HOW

I've got a bit of a technical question, how exactly did they make the sprites for the various units of the sprite-based C&Cs? Did they create crude models, animated them and then took frame references, or did they make them on the spot? I've always liked that sort of AoE style.

files.catbox.moe/zx5zuw.mp4
Full game.

Good question, I've got no idea.

RA2 used voxels

Didn't one game use sprites for infantry only? Might have been tib sun.

Would Cobra Commander, and Kane be friends?

The models are voxels that get converted to sprites if i'm not mistaken

Oh wait, for infantry, yeah

I knew it'd be one of them.

He'd get on better with Bane.

STEEL TALONS RULE!

We shall miss thee, Steel Talons

Reminder that there's a good port of D2K that supports modern resolutions
gruntmods.com/dune_2000_gruntmods_edition/

There is only one vision, one purpose.

Do girls in C&C actually wear panties?

She probably doesn't

dem teef,umf,razor sharp teeth on a girl arouse me.

Has she got a cybernetic enhancement?

Nod can tuck like you can't believe. Why they always keep catching (((GDI))) with their pants down.

Nuke the commies.

I feel like this needs a caption.

RA1 has by far the greatest soundtrack in the entire series, followed by C&C95 and TS.

Can't beat Hell March.

Did someone say C&C music?

I'd rate them C&C95 > RA1 > TS > Generals > The Rest > C&C4

Always considered TS&FS to have the best soundtrack of the series but C&C95 has music that is just impossible to forget.

The expansions of RA1 alone has better music.

This track was never released, but it was put on Frank Klepacki's website.

Reminder to use hooktube for very easy webm conversions. Far better than posting embeds

Terminator vibes

Or just use embed hooknosetube videos instead, some people embed because of potato net user.

Does anyone want to play some DTA or Mental Omega?
Also, some fag on last thread made an irc channel for organizing shit in Rizon named #RedAnonRTS, might be good to use it.

/mu/ wishes they were this hardcore

It's great, isn't it?

So is there any way to play these without swallowing EA's load and installing their spyware?

cnc-comm.com

Reminder that Renegade X soonâ„¢

cncnet.org/
Incidently, EA released C&C95, RA1 and TS as freeware after the Generals 2 fuckup because they knew it'd be an uphill battle to root out pirating for these games given how unkillable the community is.

"Because it's not C&C." I literally thought that before I saw post. Even though Dune 2k is a remake of Dune II on a newer engine. Even though all the little things that make up the tech in C&C games came from Dune II. Even though we wouldn't have C&C if it wasn't for Dune II.

Depends on which games your talking about. For TS and RA2 its voxels. For anything after those two games its full 3D. Everything before hand was sprites.

fuck i just want it to have ts-tier clients so i don't have to fuck with it to play mental omega

This. I'm glad some of it is freeware, but I want RA2. That's what I used to play most back in high school.

Did I miss something? Renegade X has been out since years.

Mental Omega and the newest patch to the RA2YR cncnet client makes it work exactly like the TS and RA1 clients due to ARES developments. It also works with pirated versions just fine, it auto-updates them too.

Anons are working to see if we can get a gamenight going

What is with this caption, it looks like polish, but some kind of ultra retarded polish, like run trough google translate 5 times

if it isn't modded for tib sun aesthetics and more lore friendly then you can count me out tbh

Renegade X already has tibsun units and infantry has late-dawn era designs like Nod soldiers look like they're straight from TS minus their facemasks, meanwhile GDI is a hybrid between 90's ceramic plates and flak vests and futuristic hi-tech helmets, backpacks and weapons. You can even buy Titans, Hover MRLS and Tick Tanks if you capture certain tech structures on some maps with engineers.

Also C&C_Crashsite, embed related, is a thing.
stop shitposting WS

Any good tutorials for spriting like that?

Yes, vanilla Generals does suck, hence why there's the Zero Hour expansion, which makes the game go from mediocre to HOLY SHIT!

I've clocked more hours into Generals Zero Hour then any C&C game, messing around with mods, playing Generals Challenge, and having fun with friends. Yeah the USA was overpowered af, but luckily there's mods like Shockwave and Rise of the Reds that fix all the imbalance.

Generals 2 never ever. Fuck you EA.

no I mean

Objectively good tier list

It's really not a C&C game though.
It was a good RTS, but the imprecise movement control and the polarizing differences from the C&C series really hold it back.

C&C Reborn is honestly retarded and was plagued with broken or unfun shit last time i played it. Plus, it's a dead renegade mod unlike maybe A path beyond.
One of the things i don't like the most about it is that Nod cyborgs have the same armor types as infantry meaning you can't counter them with titan shell's splash damage, GDI infantry is all over the place in utility and the size of the maps coupled with how slow they are make them almost useless.

Vehicles are as clunky as they get with the wolverines not actually shooting projectiles but instead just being a retarded invisible slow hitscan burst and aiming Titan and mammyMK2 rounds is a huge pain in the ass due to how slow they are, tick tanks are somehow even MORE useless than in TibSun even for defense. You can kill the GDI base from your own base with the Nod artillery as long as you angle it right since it has insane range, engineers and infantry base rushing is useless because C4 was replaced with some dumb ass "hacking" briefcase that only engies have that takes ages to kill a building even with 3 fags shooting at the MCT with them. You can't sub-APC rush as Nod because you can't unburrow under the GDI base even if there's no concrete on the floor and GDI can't kill a sub-APC because EMP doesn't force them to unburrow like in TS. Jumpjets are also super broken because the ceiling for each map is like almost infinite so you can avoid all anti-air defenses and just wittle down buildings from max range.

Just play Renegade X with the Tiberian Sun units rule turned on and you get what you want. It's not hard.

but I want 100% tib sun not "here's two tanks we're done"

It's not just 2tanks wew, infantry and maps are also different while still maintaining balance. Reborn is a fucking mess of a mod that barely keeps itself together, like look at this shit and tell me it looks good.

Then compare it to Renegade X's proper polish. It just doesn't even hold a candle, reborn is shit.

That is a legit negative I will give you that, but for what it does the bottom bar is fine.
Don't see why that's a bad thing. The majority of RTSs use builder units. At least it's not like the builders in Starcraft that also function like resource gatherers.
Tiberian Sun had pathing issues too.
Don't see why that's a problem
Walls were pretty useless in the long run. They don't do shit against a tank rush
Wait wait wait…you actually WANT engineer rushes? switching building captures from engineers to basic infantry was one of the best design choices EA made. Fuck Engi Rushes
Sure the supply centers can be a turn off, but Generals was doing it's own thing since it's a different universe. Plus, organic tiberium harvesting was inconsistent, while supply docks gave you a consist source of revenue, that is until it ran out, then you had to find a new one.
And that's a problem how? Independent resource production was very slow. USA's Supply Pads took 2 minutes for a supply drop to come in, the Chinese hackers produced very little, and the GLA could only build one resource producer, the Black Market.

Generals is it's own universe that does it's own thing, and for EA's first C&C they did a pretty good job. They kept traditional C&C stuff like infantry squishing, building garrison (Which was actually expanded upon in Generals,) subfactions, crazy units, Commando units, double barrel tanks, campy humor, and in the Zero Hour expansion: FMV cutscenes.

It was a different take on the series that didn't take away from the originals since it was a spinoff. After that came C&C 3 which brought back the traditional C&C gameplay, with the good stuff Generals made.

Are you an OpenRA developer? Do you suck at C&C so much that you don't even know how useful walls are against enemy advancements, specially engineer APC tactics?
It's one of the most iconic things about the franchise, not only how basebuilding works with the MCV making it not only easy to build but also easy to understand how to tech up and produce units; But also how versatile engineers are as they double both as a defensive unit by repairing your buildings and as an offensive unit by capturing enemy buildings. Then comes generals gets rid of both while still calling itself a C&C game because of EA branding schemes to get retards to buy it due to brandname.

It is a good game on its own, but it plays nothing like C&C and more like an alt-universe version of C&C3:KW with none of the features that would make it a C&C game. Also, C&C3 was the first EA-only C&C game after the dissolution of Westwood due to C&C Renegade's flop, which is why it switched engines to replace isometric-with-voxels/sprites perspective to 3D models and got rid of individual infantry in favour of infantry squads. You can take off the C&C name from Generals and it'll still be a good game on its own, but its mechanics are too far departed to make it even related to the RA universe.

Whoops.
Was wrong on this, just checked release dates and generals was released first before C&C3, just want to point that out since it's clearly wrong.

I want openRA devs to leave.

REMOVE (((JEW D I)))

I agree with you that mod is shit but it was just an example of the extent of what I'd like in renegade X

Yeah it'd certainly be cool to have more TS units in RenX such as Disruptors or Devil's Tongues or even aircraft such as the Banshees. And heck, even TS inspired buildings would be cooler to have than Dawn buildings.
A full on TS mode instead of just replacing light vehicles, artilleries, MBTs and some infantries would be absolute killer to have.

what I'd like to see is a very large map with actual base building

Then you're playing the wrong game. Renegade was never designed for base building in mind. The Reborn devs wanted to do it because why not.

You want a third person shooter with big maps and base building, go play Giants Citizen Kabuto.

I don't know about that, I do think that Renegade while solid kinda has abit of bodge job to it

Despite there being construction yards in Reborn, you can't actually build bases or repair lost buildings with them and Renegade is more about actual combat between armies, both infantry and vehicular combat, than RTS basebuilding since there's no actual Commander unlike in Natural Selection/Tremulous and games similar to that, just preset bases.

Also i played a large map in Reborn once and it was horrible to even get to attack or move anywhere with ground units, since by the time you'd get to the enemy base, yours was already destroyed either by artillery or by untouchable jumpjet memes. Lack of players also din't help, really large maps require a lot of players possibly more than 32 to upkeep vehicles, offensive maneouvers and base defense at the same time with Renegade's gameplay style.

my hope is that a large map makes faster vehicles actually useful but ultimately it just makes stealth a hell of alot more effective without some kinda HARD counter

Why does Generals get a pass when it's C&C only by name?

They were actually experimenting with base building in Reborn. In a gameplay vid of one of the early Alpha builds they had concepts for the conyard. The idea they had was the ConYard could build minor structures, like Tiberium Silos, turrets, walls, and gates. But of course with them being shitty mod devs building construction never happened.

Oh yeah. One of the things i also don't like about Reborn is that GDI can deploy an unmanned MSV network around the map and on their base that highlights tanks and subterranean units with big red arrows, completely nullifying Nod's stealth tactics which is lame. They do limit the max vehicle count for their team but you rarely have to worry about that since even on the release version, most maps had a retarded high vehicle limit count of 30 units because of Nod attack bike swarm tactics.

Doesn't matter though, Nod doesn't even need to get outside their base other than to defend their harvester or laser turrets since they can just shell shit with artilleries.

Because GLA. You get to gas chinks with antrax while reenacting 9/11 on the jew's greatest ally.
Though Dune does have the Ordos with their mind-control gastanks and speeder trikes, but they're the worst faction because they are jews.

Hoo shit, that would explain why those useless Conyards are in nearly every map that isn't an infantry-only mess. It's such a shame though since their other mod, A Path Beyond, actually has some great gameplay mechanics and units being based on Red Alert 1 and whatnot, with the gap generators, radar jammers, naval combat and tesla units.

when? I'm game, renx is fun

Running around in that Scrin ship was fucking badass. I hope they get a gamenight going for this because I'd be all over that.

Fucking embarassing

that sort of thing is a problem with maps that're small with only one vehicle path

user, they changed how you build, how you access production, how you gather resources, changed from a grid to free placement and changed the pathing from a grid to open movement.
If all of those things were not core to the experience of the series, but garrisons, subfactions, commandos, double barrel tanks, squishing infantry and campy humor are, then I'm pretty sure Generals is the herald to the existence of Red Alert 3.

why the fuck is mental omega so hard
even on easy the AI is ass-kickingly good

You should have seen it in 3.0.

I take it that it's balanced for the few elitist autists that are stupidly good at the game

What makes C&C3 not that good? I get that it's EA and not Westwood anymore but the campaign was fun. Is the criticism towards multiplayer?

Git gud

THE IDEAL RTS WOULD HAVE NO MICRO

But micro is half of the fun
But i dont mean micro like
More like various strategies that require micro like fast transports, outmaneuvering the enemy or proper use of aircraft

Did anyone else enjoy pic related?

It never gets talked about, which is why I ask. I think it's pretty fun, even if it's not as good as TibSun.

Tiberium Essence makes it way the fuck better

Neither is red alert.

As a kid I was so fucking disappointed in Red Alert after loving the original C&C so much.

Actually enjoyed Kane's Wrath more than Vanilla. Infantry doesn't feel useless in KW at least…well, if you're GDI. And NOD's Militia actually looks better in armor than hoodies.

I did, its a pretty decent cnc game

It is C&C though, just not tiberium universe. Ore acts exactly like tiberium minus poisoning infantry, basebuilding is the same, both factions favour different doctrines and tactics. Although, story writing did suffer as Soviets were always painted as bad and Allies as good, which is dumb because they were the ones who caused soviet's uprising with the chronosphere, CGI cutscenes were a bit better than 95' while still maintaining the same charm and the music was better as well.

Foggy/bloom filters.

Poor plot and story. Lots of shit doesn't make sense or has plot holes.

Technological step back. in Tiberian Sun everything is futuristic. in Tiberium Wars everything seems regressed again. Even the Tiberium itself looks normal again, whereas in TS you had a variety of Tiberium fields and all sorts of apocalyptic landscapes.

Red Alert is a direct prequel to C&C95 though.

gamefaqs.com/pc/196957-command-and-conquer/faqs/13721

Red Alert > Tiberian Dawn > Tiberian Sun > Firestorm [ending]
Red Alert 2 is an alternate universe, alternate sequel to RA.

There's 2 theories:

If the Allies win in Red Alert, RA2 happens.
If the Soviets win in Red Alert, C&C95/Tiberian Dawn happens.

Red Alert is a prequel to C&C95/Tiberian Dawn regardless of who wins.
RA2 is just a spinoff/what-if story.

Heck, they got rid of the mechs from TS in TW..and no, bringing them back in KW doesn't count because KW took place after TS and Firestorm…and during TW itself.

but it's just a theory
a GAY theory

I only played vanilla and it was decent, too bad there were no Titans, other fun mechs or the mutant faction in it, I kinda missed the tiberian lifeforms too

Yeah, tons of design choices don't make sense in TW.

GDI created mechs to replace tanks because earth's terrain was being heavily transformed by the Tiberium infestation. Then in TW for some reason they go back to tanks again. Nod has badass looking infantry, and in TW they look like anarchist hippies for some reason.

I always saw TW as just a 'reboot/remake' of the original C&C. It's the first game but in 3D, also with aliens thrown in the mix.

I liked both. Kane's Wrath was really great and had a fun campaign.

Then again, Earth in TW looks relatively fine. Heck, one city went from Red Zone to Blue Zone if I recall.

Hence why TW is really shit from a design/plot perspective.

The gameplay is still fun though, hence why it's in average tier together with Generals.

it's Germoney's zone that was unfucked afaik
but I think it was from Yellow to Blue

Heck, I thought the alien plot from TS would've paid off in TW..but the Scrin tech looks way different.

As long as you don't lose something in the process sure.

Nobody talks much about 3 because it's largely unremarkable: no flaws and nothing that stands out like the previous games.

what kind of convoluted bullshit is this

That image needs an edit.

I'm still pissed at Red Alert 3, it was probably the first time i realized what a croc of shit EA had become
It was also the same year we got that huge disappointment known as spore

to be fair, you have to have a pretty high IQ to understand western story telling

That victim of EA chart doesn't include nearly as many companies as it should. For example where the fuck is Kesmai?

RA3 was such an awful game
A straight downgrade from RA2 overall.

it didn't help that the camera was zoomed so far in that you couldn't see shit. it was downright claustrophobic.

Heck..having aircraft RTB considered as a damn ability. Or how the Allied Units are just outright strong from the get go (Imperials only advantage over allies is that certain units perform two functions…which is shit really when you don't have a dedicated unit)

it's designed to be fun to watch

Webm related.

In all seriousness, the TibSun vehicles in RenX would be way better if they had better accessibility. The problem is the only way to get them is to either:

what's this cancerous blue filter on everything
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I've seen them used for come backs late game because you can en mass them

it's just that map but they're all shit

They're both good. Good enough to make me wonder what kind of magic stopped EA from fucking things up long enough to create two competent games. The TibSun mod is also really cool.

they're reskins of general and zero hour is how they didn't fuck it up

t. Pole

Tbh RA3 is flawed but still fun too. Despite the cringyness of FMVs and story, and gookclick micro, it's the only CnC game to bother with integration of co-op, and the only RTS in history of mankind not to leave fleet as some afterthought extra - naval play is as viable as ground.

Also there's a mod porting Generals to RA3 with some tweaks coming next month, being made by a lone Ukrainian living in a war-torn zone. moddb.com/mods/command-and-conquer-generals-evolution

I think the very fact CnC franchise featured multiple different timelines since early on makes Generals applicable as a CnC game. Even before EA shitcanned them, Westwood were thinking up of another alternate universe for their games.

Tiberium Essence for CnC3 is stated to be coming out pretty soon. I'm excited, gonna add Forgotten as a fourth faction.

If there's one thing forgivable in Red Alert 3's visuals, it's the water. Seriously, it's gorgeous. I just wish the units weren't such stupid blobs of cartoony bright shapes

the graphics for units need to be simple as much as possible but tbh in red 3 they're really not and that's why it's style just doesn't work

Shapes are simple but then they slapped on some stupid details that don't add much to it beyond adding noise.

Soviet units are probably the ugliest, sickle and some infantries are the only designs I enjoyed whereas tanks look like they got swallowed and shat out by an autistic giant - stubby cannons, ugly metal plate building-blobs. Disgusting.

Allies were as generic as RA2 allies, unremarkable but ok.

Japs, while I hate weebshit, actually had quite some charismatic designs that were very easy to identify.

I think that's the biased of the devs showing with how the japs look better then every other

I liked Generals so I'm not going to shit on it too hard, but it never really felt like a C&C game to me. It lacked a lot of features and designs that were a hallmark of the series. It shared more with other RTS games from that time period than it did with other C&C games.

Red Alert 3 was the most unbalanced out of all the C&Cs. (Yes, even more then non-modded Generals is.) The Soviets were overpowered, while the Japanese were underpowered.

For some reason, EA thought it was a good idea to give all three factions their own building method. Sounds cool in theory, but in practice this leads to balance issues and inconsistencies.
While they have a ConYard, they're building method is the Generals style, where you pay the cost of the building now, and then it starts building immediately, making it vulnerable. They're also the only faction that has Cranes. In Tiberium Wars, they created a new mechanic called the Crane. It's a secondary ConYard you can build that gives you more construction tabs so you can get your base out faster, and have a backup place of construction incase you lose your ConYard. In C&C 3, all three factions had their own Crane, while in RA3, only Soviets get a Crane for some reason.
Allies had the traditional construction method. Click the building, wait for Eva to say "Construction complete," select where you want to build it, then it's instantly built.
Oh poor Japan. They were given the WORST construction method. Instead of building the buildings, they built these units called Nanocores, which deployed into the buildings. First you had to pay the building cost, then wait for the Conyard to build the Nanocore. THEN, you had to guide the Nanocore to where you want it to deploy. THEN it has an additional construction time when it deploys, making it very vulnerable. If that thing dies, congrats, you just spent 2000 credits on a War Factory that won't be built now. The only advantage to this construction method is you can build outside your area of influence (Only walls had to be in it for the Japanese) but in turn, building is slower, and makes it a gamble.

Why did fhey do this? It's not fun. And then there's the units themselves. Japan had the best naval units, but the worse infantry and ground units. Allies had the best air units, while mediocre ground and sea. Soviets? They had the best air, sea, and land, having stuff like the Sickle, Hammer Tank, Apocalypse Tank, Flak Trooper, Kirov Airship, That chopper unit whose name escapes me, Dreadnaughts, it was just a mess.

And that's not even counting the top secret protocols, which again, Soviets had the best for they had the Magnetic Satellite/Orbital Drop.

It was just an unbalanced mess, which is a shame for RA3 did some cool stuff, like expanding naval units and making it possible for full naval battles, with all buildings (Minus Barracks and War Factories) be available to build on the sea.

There were still a lot of C&C's elements on Generals.

>FMV cutscenes Zero Hour only

It's a different universe. Every C&C universe has its own mechanics and in itself is it's own game series. They don't try to copy each other and do their own thing.

Scifi tech and organic harvesting, set in a dystopian future. Has a focus on ground units and the campaign
Alternate World War/Cold War where Nazi Germany never existed and World War II was fought against the Soviet Union instead. Has a focus on cheesy retro tech and naval units
Accurate representation of what's happening in Europe right now. Focuses on an alternate construction method, General Powers, and advanced game mechanics.

So each universe has something for everyone. Tiberium is for scifi fans and true fans of the series, Red Alert is there for people who wanna have fun, and Generals is there for RTS veterans.

Generals was just a quick cashgrab based on the political climate of the time (Bush's war on terror).

EA slapped the C&C title on it for buybait.

Red Alert was a prequel to the original C&C, so it very much is linked to the Tiberian universe. See the link at

These elements could apply to a number of other RTS games and are in no way unique to the C&C franchise. You might as well put "you can build units and give them commands" in that list. Generals also did not have anywhere near the same level of camp as the other C&C games and the soundtrack is not nearly as memorable as RA2's or TibSun's.
There are also a number of differences, including the inclusion of base building units and Commander abilities. I think >>14165200 got it right when he said this was just a generic War-on-Terror RTS that EA threw the C&C label on for brand recognition.

Micro is for RTT. Strategy should be concerned with the movement of large groups of units, maybe supply chains and logistics. Commanders don't micromanage troops.

Dumbing down? The oppposite! We need an RTS innovator that multiplies the scale of SupCom. Let unit AI worry about individual optimizations during combat.

I loved vanilla but hated Kane's Wrtah. It's fanfic tier.

Not sure about the story and plot stuff, it seems on par with other C&C. The tech could be explained through the tiberium crisis, like they only kept the super useful stuff as production capabilities lower with the availability of blue zones. I'm not sure but I seem to remember some explanation on the lack of mechs, and nod's cyborgs can be assumed to be taboo after firestorm. I do concede on the nature of tiberium, they retconned the hell out of that. Every C&C has tiberium work differently. I liked the bloom

They're Red Zone migrants given guns.

The Tiberium Sun ship was supposed to be a Scrin enemy, I think. The tacitus was supposed to be a warning (with maybe some defensive weapon tech), but they kept changing it.

More like forced co-op. Friendless anons are forced to play alongside the AI.

While the water is nice looking, it's also jarring. Everything in the game is too busy looking, basically

C&C isn't a scifi though it's magical realism

Generals is the best one

YOU HAVE THIRTY SECONDS TO ENTER THE AUTHORIZATION CODE
got scared when I heard that in red alert the first time

Im a pole too thats why i noticed it, grammatically its all over the place and fucked up

Red Alert is very comparitively similar. The play style is pretty much the exact same and there are even many units taken from C&C and put into Red Alert, albeit with stat changes. Fucking artillery. You can easily see how Red Alert and original C&C are related, with Red Alert being a spin off or alternate setting.

Generals being an alternative timeline has absolutely nothing to do with the points I brought up. I didn't say 'Generals isn't a C&C game because its based off a real-world environment', I said 'Generals isn't a C&C game because it played nothing like the four C&C games that were made prior to it'.

user are you drunk?

reminds me of the good old Renegade days of Blue Hell. collide with something wrong and you get sent to the blue hell realm

Why does RenegadeX automatically link with your steam account without your conscent?

It does?

Yup, I had steam up when I was testing it and it automatically connected itself with my steam account without my permission.

did you at least turn off that steam cancer that automatically detects your games? Or you know, run it in a VM or something.

>Implying I am not using a throwaway (((Steam))) account to spam Mooman
Aye. Nothing should be doing anything unless I tell it to.

it uses steams servers possible?

UE4 so, no. Dedicated servers hosted by whoever decides to download the game.

Unless they've done an engine change in the past few years, I'm pretty sure it's Unreal Engine 3.

Is it now? I heard it was UE4, might have read it wrong then.
Still, since it's UE it shouldn't be using steam servers, so if the game's automatically linking to an steam account directly is either due to deliberate forced integration or steam being an invasive piece of shit.

Renegade game night when?

shouldn't there be a third position faction? or didn't that ever dawn on C&C creators?

Soon.

When it launches I believe it runs as, or somehow uses parts of, the UE3 development kit, which is linked to Steam.

Tiberian Sun was gonna have a third faction, the Forgotten, which are the mutants. However thanks to EA, they were never finished, so it wasn't until the Yuri's Revenge expansion that three factions became the standard for C&C.

actually three was always the standard since dune 2 tbh

Also cut from the game, thanks to EA:
- Mutant outposts in skirmish/multiplayer that would give the players missions or quests. Upon completion the mutants would provide the player with assistance, like access to special Mutant commando units
- Capturable Scrin ships and relics that would provide alien tech and units
- Dynamic lighting system that would provide accuracy penalties or bonuses to units depending on whether they were in dark or well-lit areas. This system would have included buildable light towers like the ones you see in the campaign
- Tiberian Dawn era buildings and units, which would be weaker than their TibSun counterparts but would be cheaper to build
- Dropship Loadout screen, which would appear before each round and allow the player to select certain units to be included in a limited-use dropship reinforcement ability in-game
- Random meteor showers that would, upon impact, spread tiberium or veins
- A superweapon that would call in meteor strikes

Anyone got any webms of funny matches? Like the one of the guy who wasted a Stealth Tank?

Dont be a faggot and read the thread

how rude

He's right though, it has already been posted several times.

What's the mod?

DTA I think.

DTA, has a whole bunch of features that make it good for PvP play.

DTA/Dawn of the TIberium Age, which was originally just a total conversion of Tiberian Sun, but was eventually turned into its own thing where you can also play as Allies and Soviets. Breddy gud and generally well balanced, overall preferable to OpenRA for C&C nostalgiafagging.

BRING BACK COL BURTON

TD and RA1 were models turned sprites.

TS and RA2 were voxels for vehicles, sprites for infantry (and some mechs, or at least mech legs).

It's sad that we've had voxel tech proven to work in 1999, yet niggerfaggot gamedevs can't find anything more interesting to do with voxels than shitty minecraft clones which don't even use actual voxels anyway.

I don't know how this can even be disputed. Generals was never really a C&C game aside from the name. And it's not like EA is not above to renaming shit just to leech off brand recognition. Bioware Victory, anyone? Huehuehue

[Redacted] was actually supposed to be a korean MMO-tier free to play with p2w microtransactions DOTA offshot that wasn't even related to C&C before EA blew its marketting budget into bullshitting everyone and leaving their devs with bread crumpets, they had to grab that shit and slap tiberium on top to make a shitty excuse of an abortion once the actual RTS being developed was scrapped due to corporate and publisher meddling and insane deadlines set onto underpaid interns.

It's a fucking miracle the same did not happen to Generals.

Proposed changelog for Mental Omega 3.3.3 just dropped

mentalomega.com/info/changelog.txt

Cryengine funny enough made a lot of use of voxels to make shit look good. Pity it's locked behind retarded kebab.

Post yfw you didn't fall for "muh OC faction" the mod

For me, it's China grows larger.

These guys were on like 10 layers of OC factions. Also there is nothing wrong with OC factions :^)
Mental Omega's campaigns can go and die in a fire though

I SEE YOU

WORSE THEN EASY AI

here is my tism talking, but this was kind of immersive
You don't just accelerate to your top speed immediately, and you are never in a rush to move a single unit one fucking tile

How does it feel to be such a faggot?

How about you instead go and git gud

I'm surprised this mod doesn't get the shitting on it deserves.

I may be a faggot, but at least I'm not a double nigger.

I never shilled for foehen, i think its a shit faction BUT 3.0 MO was/is one of the best mods for all the CnC there is.
Actually speeder pays me personally 0.5zł for each post

Or

This is 99% of the difficulty in all campaings. It's worse when you have to restart all of it because Save/Loading for what's essentially trial-error bullshit isn't enabled due to ARES limitations.
It's even more jarring when you consider that all of the fucking Epsilon campaing is like this since they rarely give you units or ways to heal them and almost all of them are
You don't even get bases until the last two missions of Ep1 because supposedly "the Epsilon MCV hasn't been developed yet" according to their shitty backstory so you get stuck with stupid shit like this. Oh, and god forbid you even play the commando or escort COOP missions because the orders lag will just make this even more stupid than it already is.

Where the fuck is the basebuilding? Where's the strategizing on what's the proper way to counter or break through enemy strongholds? Defense missions, what's that?
What the fuck is fun and comfiness, why must everything be railroaded into rushing/speedrunning the mission?
It ain't fucking fun when every single mission seems to be made by fags who think commando missions are the best thing since sliced bread, nor do they understand how to pace/design them to not make them filled with bullshit.

Stop with this shit, you've been shitposting like this for years now.

And i probably will for the years to come

This is everything wrong with Mental Omega's missions right here

Transition when, Speeder?

Twisted Insurrection has the same issue with missions though the devs did come on here at least and admit they were no fun and they will eventually fix this issue.

I'm about halfway through the Nod missions for Twisted Insurrection and in my opinion they are much closer to the spirit and design of the original TibSun and C&C missions. I've been enjoying them a lot.
Mental Omega is fun too but it's much more challenging, and it seems to lack that C&C "spirit". It feels much more like a series of challenges set up by hardcore players that want to test themselves than it does a proper C&C campaign.

There are three really stupid Nod "small squad" missions in quick succession.

First one where you have to wade through a desert filled with patrolling Scatterpacks rapid-fire infantry instakill, doubles as anti-air, Snipers infantry instakill, detects stealth and pass through a tiberium field with Harvesters can instakill infantry through crush, which will attempt to do if it gets shot with just a small squad of militia, rocketeers and flamers just to get to an "outpost" that is not even a base, it's just a bunch of helipads, a barracks and a refinery that you need to use to take out a GDI base that

Second mission is just more of the same small-squad stuff, except you're in an underground bunker and your starting area spawns trains that can instakill all of your units, including your tanks, if you don't immediatly move them out of the way once you start the mission.

And third mission is going back to that stupid ass desert to "escape" from the exploding underground facility, back to the helipad outpost except WAIT, you actually just have to stay near the bunker and clear out GT reinforcing units because GDI will "surprise attack" the helipad outpost with an insane amount of units you cannot fight back frontally and must lure them into a tiberium vein hole so they kill themselves in it.

None of these are really fun, and you get them really early on in the Nod campaing. You barely have a chance to build a base in the first one if you manage to capture the GDI one and use its MCV for your own purposes. Too bad your engineers cost $800 and are slower than GDI's counterpart, even if they can hijack vehicles, you probably won't be ever using them for that because of snipers and scatterpacks.

I thought that GDI had the bulk of the limited forces missions but that sounds horrifying too.
for
what
purpose

Nod Engineers, unlike GDI's, can capture live vehicles from enemies, or even neutral cars or whatever that can be piloted by just entering them like if you were handling a Hijacker unit. However, their armor values are still the same as any engineer so they die easily to anything that isn't a lone tank.
Supposedly so, this isn't a buff to Nod but a rather round-about way to stop Nod from engineer rushing you with a tech 3 TechCenter SubterraneanAPC early on, but the problem with that kind of logic is that GDI can do it even earlier with just a tech 2 Radar HoverAPC, with their significantly cheaper $500 engineers and the fact that their APC has a ranged EMP gun so you can use it to meme enemy tanks or disable defenses while you get your units to their base, unlike the defenseless and scoutable SubAPC.

it seems like GDI is the real op shit purely because people want nod to have cool shit but balance it in such a way so that it's actually useless unless we're talking about tib war

I'm going to have to request an explanation of this one as I'm assuming the Pillbox somehow wins?

Nevermind, found my answer.

DTA UPDATE
Christmas deleted!

moddb.com/mods/the-dawn-of-the-tiberium-age/tutorials/change-log

I might throw up a Renegade X server up sometime for testing during the week for a bit. Just cause I feel like it and want to Remove GDI.

Red Alert 3 sucks, and while Kane's Wrath was good I still think it misses something…

I just finished those first two missions and I actually enjoyed them. In the first mission I captured the GDI outpost in the center of the map and used that to strengthen my economy and build infantry/vehicles. The second mission I had to restart once because I didn't see the engineers the game gave me for the mission and they got run over by the train.
The third mission I have yet to complete because everything I have gets wiped on the way back to the base and I got tired of having to restart. If the third mission had made it easier to return to base (just for plot/flavor), and then maybe given you an MCV and asked you to hold out for 20-30 minutes against waves of enemies, it would have been more fun. I might just skip it and go to whatever's next.
The most frustration I'm having so far is that Nod flame units seem to damage friendly units, so sometimes I think I'm wiping out my own guys by using flamethrowers.

It's not just an impression. They will kill most of the things in front of them, friend or foe.

About damn time. Now we can actually get some interior maps where we can see.

Are friendly units also hurt by the fires that the flamethrowers leave behind on the map? I find that flame weapons are really effective but I'm tired of losing half my own group from "friendly fire" (pun intended)

They did in the original games. Can't speak on DTA's behalf though.

I'm assuming it's the same in TibSun/Twisted Insurrection then

In all games, flame's fire "effects" do damage units, including leftover fire from recently destroyed buildings and rocket explosions. In TibSun, if you set the small patches of forests on the map Forest Fires (8) on fire, it will make it really hard to move infantry to the corner bases because they'll straight up die by passing those.

I also don't recommend using Flamethrowers along with regular infantry in TI, they WILL get teamkilled by them really easily unless you micro them just right so that the flames don't hit them. Using solo flamer deathsquads is fine though, their suits defend them from most of the friendlyfire and they pretty much wreck any ground target including cyborgs and tanks. Just beware the eventual explosion that wipes out everyone once one of them dies.

Where's the anime mod for C&C?

it's called red alert 3

/thread

Does anyone want to play DTA later tonight?

guess not.

Someone was up for it in the RTS thread.

Weebcucks need to leave my franchise

Annex

Well no takers for Renegade X, anything wrong with Path Beyond?

Besides the game files only being available for the launcher (we can just pack it) it's pretty good, could probably do it next week.

THIS

Well after messing around with Red Alert A Path Beyond I think it might be worth playing just for the number of varied maps that spice up gameplay considerably but the lack of gamemodes concerns me. The user(s) that was actively pushing for a Renegade gamenight can take it from here provided he's still browsing this thread and/or Mark hasn't banned him for whatever reason.

Off topic, but is it me, or does that faggot Milo Yiannopoulos look like a C&C character?

Anyone in with aviators and a 90's haircut could be in a TibDawn/RA1 fmv

Makes me wonder if Holla Forums could make a FMV doing such a thing.

I forgot how they were encoded though

Who is letting these faggots in here

Forget Anton & Coolpecker. We should be making cheesy FMVs.

Wonder if we should try and get anons together for the Ant map and play it like EDF?

Looks like /radcorp/ will run APB if it runs any Renegade.

That honestly looks retardedly fun.

Just started playing RenX though and noticed this game is a ghost town unless I'm on early mid day or mornings. The only servers with players are in France, Germany, or the UK. Ping isn't that bad, but finding player filled games later in the day is impossible for me in USA. Which kind of sucks. Fun game though when I get to play.

He definitely looks like it now that you mention it.

Custom Red Alert style FMVs would be great. Makes me wonder if other people have tried doing their own already though.

That Forgotten mod for C&C 3 had custom cutscenes, like that one at around the 30 second mark.

It's Ham Yolo!

You could easily do it with just a greenscreen, but to get the authentic look you'd need to figure out how they were saved onto the disc to get the quality right.

We need a Holla Forums filmcrew.

we need more then just the film crew, we'd need costumes and props, not to mention lightening as well as ya'know, actors

It would be a FMV Plane scene followed by gachimuchi.

we'd be better off as a demoscene

Hell, now I wanna see Holla Forums make a whole FMV game now. It would be a shitload of fun, the goal making it as cheesy as possible.

satan we'd probably get to kknd levels of quality and just short tbh

Kinda like vidrelated but live action then?

Satan demands it.

Is Kane's Wrath worth a pirate?

Yes.

>6 subfactions added, two for each faction. Each one plays differently and changes how that faction plays. Steel Talons the best

So yeah, give it a shot user. It's a great expansion

>got stuck on that mission where you have to protect the Scrin tower as Nod
That was probably 2 years ago if not more.
I really need to finish it.

I originally had trouble with that mission too, but then I just built a bunch of Air Towers with Vertigo Bombers then problem solved.

you'd only want to play it for the multiplayer scene it has still for some reason

too bad they're the lowest tier on the professional list

Only interesting thing about the Steel Talons is that they get Titans and Wolverines. Everything else about them is shit.

(checked)

This is how you can tell who is a Nod main or not. Even Kane was scared of the Steel Talons.

Nice ID, but Titans suck dick against every other factions' tanks because of their speed and cost. You basically are setting yourself up to be always behind if you go titans unless the enemy intentionally suicides his tanks into your crushes.
Sure, a mass of them is devastating as heck against anything later on once you get railgun upgrades and air support, but so is a mass of Heavy Tanks in DTA as Soviets. Slow to uselessness and prone to get nuked or memed by rocketeers or airstrikes. Or heck, beaten out by the enemy's whose possibly have a 2-1 or 3-1 numbers superiority on you and can kite you out.

Wolverines are great though, if only you could get dedicated anti-infantry vehicles as standard GDI without dealing with the shitty APCs. Also, doesn't standard GDI also get adaptive armor? The only one who doesn't is Zones who are faggots anyway.

Get the fuck out newfag. Leave. Now.

Nod can wreck Steel Talons with a well executed infantry rush to establish map control and box them in, followed by a wave of scorpion tanks. Steel Talons do nothing right.

I've never found a working torrent for C&C3/KW, got a link?

Get out and hang yourself!

Is your brain always running 24/7 when seeing a bulge you immediately think it's a futa and not a puffy vulva?

pretty much

none of that really mattered when you're faced with the kinda bullshit any scrim or nod faction can do tbh

look at this gaymo

You should hope to god that this is right if not then I fucked up again :^)
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6EBD7F76091CDB3DF65560E57BA548D89FD209D0

Crashes on startup for me.

What does the BC stand for?
Black Cock?

C&C3
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:21d9368db3758e881ce77d73f1134f5465b92998&dn=CNC3_TiberiumWars109_by_HWMasters_DVD5.iso
KW
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6ebd7f76091cdb3df65560e57ba548d89fd209d0&dn=Command%20and%20Conquer%203%20Kane%27s%20Wrath
should work on W10 because it worked for me

Obelisk_Of_Light.png

is never built in professional games unless you're base creeping with a crane tbh

Nod is both the right and the left.
You're both autocrats. But the left is more autocratic.
You can have my guns up your ass, but you can't just have them. They're fucking mine, lefty!

Who even builds base defences? :^)

Worked on my machine, did you try to set it up to a language that wasn't english? It won't work if you do.

Same problem.

Really odd for a relatively recent game to not be compatible.

How that autism working out for you?

cnc games are fun I just don't like how the recent ones were made. CnC3 was the last good one I liked. Red alert 3 was garbage and felt like they were trying hard for Esports with all the shitty abilities. CnC3 continues to be my favorite but I just don't like how the matches last for me an average of 12 minutes. I like RTS games were you spend a long time playing a game and sometimes you need to save in order to continue on the next time you play. Games like Age of Empires 2, Rise of Nations, and Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion fulfills that niche. I just wish EA hired people with triple digit IQs with interesting ideas instead of pretentious activists and made a CnC with procedural maps like in AoE and made extended technologies that would make the matches last enough for a large scale war for tiberium…and yea, I like the tiberium universe more.

RA3 has some good mods

Probably because the later Dune books were worse sequels than Tiberium Twilight and Dune is a dead franchise.

Wasn't Generals almost a complete copy of an RTS that came out earlier? Sadly I can't think of the name, but it also played in present day.

If anyone wants Ren / APB this weekend we could do it but we have to make sure the server works first.

Renegade link:
mega.nz/#!rxIAUS5b!N4zz5-gseEfXhFJ-0am7agZBnfBDvl5qU9Ai_s6nMQs

APB link:
mega.nz/#!v4oUhZwS!N7icxWJsM9ZevJxYoj6fPCayzswtn74O9NzFf_udwTo

Connect using the Renlauncher.
CnCNet public servers are available here:
cncnet.org/renegade

If you were serious about having this shit for a gamenight you would have asked earlier in the week. Are you or are you fags not aware that the Eurofags make up the majority when it comes to CnC? Without them you will never get this tested in time.

I am inclined to agree with
This is retardedly last minute. And yes going by DTA tournament this should at the very least been posted during Eurofag hours to gain any traction

Why does Mental Omega run so sluggishly with Soviet especially? With Foehn it runs pretty fine.

you'd build'um for panic but you wouldn't obelisk of light when particle accelerators tbh

wew lads

As Soviets you use your tanks as anti-building tools more than other factions because your pyros are incredibly vulnerable despite being your siege infantry.
Unless you mean as a performance issue in which case, try a different renderer in options. I personally use WnDxd or whatever it was called and it works fine, but your system may be different so try all the renderers until you find the one that works the best for you. Alternatively disable the music pack by moving the music file elsewhere and see if that makes it run faster.

None of the faggots who were going to test the server showed up during the week so we're just leaving the links here.

You're a bit late in the day user.

>not being aware that nightcrawler is the best player

WE FIGHT FOR NOD!

DOWN WITH GDI!

Actually in truth, Tiberium Wars added onto the post apocalyptic theme of Tib Sun, as it's decades after the second war.

Tiberium infestation got so bad, the planet was split into three zones:

Only a small part of the planet is a Blue Zone. The rest is an apocalyptic hellscape defined by poverty and war. According to the Intelligence Data you unlock in the campaign, life in yellow zones is rough. Power outages constantly, very little drinkable water as most water sources are contaminated by Tiberium, warlords fighting for control, and people starving everyday due to lack of sustainable farms or non-mutated animals. It's no wonder the Brotherhood of Nod are so popular in the Yellow Zones as they promise the locals a better life then the one they're in now, while GDI leaves them to rot all comfy in their walled off Blue Zones.

The planet is in better shape during Tiberium Wars than it was in Tiberian Sun. That was actually a good chunk of the lore. GDI was focused more on fighting Tiberium than Nod and payed dearly for it.

If you remember at the end of Firestorm after CABAL was destroyed, that GDI scientist found an algorithm in the Tacitus that detailed a way to destroy Tiberium. Thanks to that algorithm, GDI was able to start making the Blue Zones in the first place. Had they not find that algorithm, the whole planet would've been a Red Zone three years after Firestorm.

the whole yellow zone blue zone and red was a tiberian sun thing and no tibs wars boiled everything down while removing all the actual flavor of the series in favor of bland cartoon versions tbh

Which faction should I play in Dawn of the Tiberium Age?

Having just played a couple of skirmishes, it seems like the mod was made with more effort towards the TD factions. They get more toys while the RA factions get some and lose some, most notably Chronosphere and Iron Curtain are disabled. That's with the default gameplay options though, dunno what settings they intend to go with in the tourney.

TD got more stuff because RA added so much stuff to the RA factions. In RA, they had more air units, naval units, and actually had an expansion that added new units. Covert Operations wasn't as much of an expansion pack and just a mission pack.

So to make it a fair fight, the mod gave GDI and Nod naval units and more toys so they would be on par with the Allies and Soviets. Remember: TD didn't have naval units. The only water units were the campaign exclusive Gunboat (Which was on rails) and the Hovercrafts (Which were scripted reinforcement tools.)

The naval part is true enough, but I was more talking in regards to the land. Nod got several new toys like the Termite and Microwave Tank while GDI got a mech and reworked airstrip. I don't mind a lot of the changes, but playing Allies on land felt just as sparse as it did in the RA days, and the naval nerfs combined with the greatly expanded naval lines of the other factions killed off the main advantage the Allies had. I may be overreacting a bit, but I am pretty used to the Cruiser being an expensive and slow god of war, while the new one is just slow and expensive without the power. The old mainstay of arty spam with infantry screen seems to work either way, but that's a bit boring.

Not saying that the balance is unplayable by any means, but GDI and NOD seem a bit more flexible than the Allies at least. Haven't tested the Soviets yet, might do so in a bit.

FWIW I think the removed stuff is because the Tiberian Sun engine doesn't have support for certain abilities. It's not like the modders were out to punitively spite allied/soviet players.

Allies are pretty good, Soviets suck tho.

I figured there might have been a reason, but wasn't really expecting engine limitations. Like I said its not even close to unplayable, I can still win as Allies at least against the AI lol but I miss Chronosphere shenanigans.

Also where did the sea transports go?

Allies have one of the best power-per-cost tank in the game at the startup with their Light tanks firing around 25% faster than every other faction's tanks, thus having more DPS overal and also have higher base speed. Nod also has light tanks, but they trade firepower and mobility for slightly more health and APC-like infantry slots, Nod's are also $100 cheaper but Allies at T3 get Medium Tanks that are cheaper than GDI's Medium Tanks while being just as effective.
Also GDI and Nod aren't as good as you may think. The buggies for all factions were nerfed in how much damage they can do to buildings compared to TD/RA1, and Recon Bikes can die in 2-3 tank shots easily despite the damage they can cause back, along with having less range until they get Veterancy. GDI's Artillery, despite also shooting at air units and being godlike vs Infantry because of having the fastest firerate, actually sucks a whole lot of dicks against Tanks meanwhile V2s and Artilleries excell at that, they also have much less health and coupled with their higher speed and higher cost (950 per MRLS Vs Arti's 600) makes them almost a niche unit. They also tend to die easily to air units despite being an anti-air unit, which doesn't surprise me, you can easily snipe MRLS with Yaks and they always lose 1v1 vs Allied Longbows and GDI Orcas.

Also Allies have arguably the most broken Epic unit in the game with the Tank Destroyer, which can outrange, outpace and instantly destroy any tank that isn't a Mammoth, or severely damage it to the point of uselessness. And they also get the chrono tank, which was buffed with Railguns to deal insane damage to buildings while still retaining some degree of "teleportation" That sadly, its teleportation movement can be countered by walls because of how it works. It isn't a teleport like the Chronosphere because that logic and the Iron Curtain do not exist in Tiberian Sun
Along with having the strongest Anti-Air options in the game with Flak Trucks and Flak turrets, which instantly hit Air units unlike SAM/AGT Rockets that can miss.

One thing i find missing is Mechanic infantry. They used to have infantry that could repair tanks, just like how medics could heal infantry. Instead Nod gets the MRV from Tiberian Sun, although TD-fied a bit, serves as the only front-line tank repairer in the game if you discount Repair Boats which all factions have.
And for Naval play, your frigates have tank cannons and passively detect stealthed units without needing to use the Radar Scan some other units need for every other faction. Their cruisers beat out, 1v1, always, every other capital in the game and if you deploy them on water, they deal the most damage out of any Artillery unit in the game short of the Nod SSM Launcher, which it can also outrange and instakill in some ocassions. Plus their Rocket Frigates > Every other T2 Naval artillery/anti-air option, while also being cheaper.

Soviets just suck until they get into lategame with a thousand Heavy Tanks on the field, Volkov and Behemoth though. Don't recommend it for anyone who doesn't like abusing Heavy APCs, Yaks, V2s and turtling. They also don't get an anti-infantry vehicle until T2 so you can rush them with Infantry successfully if they don't do the same to you with their Grenadiers. They also don't have good anti-air options and their static AA SAM is around $250 more costly than Nod's at 750 while also consuming more power, and the Mammoth is also more costly at 1700 as opposed to GDI's 1500.

Yeah taking another look at the Soviets it does seem like they are incredibly vulnerable in the early game, even a few jeeps can still cripple them. On the other hand, if they can get their tech units, they can easily maul anyone in a pitched battle. Dunno how easy it would be to fix that. Maybe add the Hind back in as an earlier unit to deal with infantry rushes at least.

I'd have to see how Cruisers work out, because the accuracy at least against land targets was atrocious. I needed 5 of them to do enough damage to the spam of Obelisks and crap like that the AI does on the beach to get in and hit at their economy. I'd imagine this is much less of an issue versus players, but I noticed a lot of shots going wide so much so that I couldn't count on the Cruisers to keep themselves safe from stray tanks coming in to poke at them. Probably an easy fix is to have Frigates keeping watch there, but it was a lot of money already spent. I noticed that the NOD light ships were fairly good, they could easily go toe to toe with my Corvettes, but I have no idea how that match goes money wise, especially with the laser ones. The Soviets I faced didn't seem to even bother building navy, but at least reading the PPM forums seems to suggest that if they can slip anything by your sonar net you are completely fucked.
I assume you are talking about the Corvette? Frigates need to deploy to use their sensors, which seem pretty short ranged.

Interesting about the difference in light tanks, wonder if NOD players use that to slip in engineers during attacks. Also weird that the Allied mediums are cheaper than GDI's. Sounds like an easy fix there. Won't argue with you there about the Tank Destroyer, other than the fact that there's only one of them on the field so you have to make sure its always in the right place. I was never really a fan of the Epic Unit thing they kicked around for TS and now pervades many of the mods. It seemed fine for commandos since Tanya while scary could still be easily dealt with by tanks or Tesla coils. The Chrono tank seems bugged what with only being able to teleport once at least as far as the PPM forum says. Its sort of made up for with the fact that you can build another after it teleports I'm guessing the game just deletes the unit in your base and creates a new 'teleported' tank where you want but you still will probably only have to deal with one at a time, and if it can't even go through walls etc that means an opposing player just has to fill some in when you are approaching that stage of the game. It just seems like a convoluted replacement for the Chronosphere Engineers and Tanya APC. The mobile AA is pretty neat but I never had that much of a problem dealing with air either now and then, but I could see it being useful in multiplayer.

Overall it seems like the devs made balance more complicated than it needed to be.

That's actually a good question. Why don't the Allies and Soviets have their sea transports, and why doesn't GDI and Nod have Hovercrafts?>>14264122

Soviets can actually defend against early attacks, but it's a very rough match if they are facing anything involving Tanks early on, specially against Allies, because despite Flametowers killing infantry in droves, get outranged by Rocket infantry and any tank in the game. This is offset by them getting technically two artillery units and having Yaks as soon as they get a Barracks+Airstrip up, which are much cheaper than any other faction's air unit at 800 credits vs 1000Nod Hinds/1200GDI Orcas/1350Allies Longbows and sweeps up infantry in groups of 2 or more pretty easily. They can also be used to some degree to snipe out buildings early on, on groups of 8 or more, granted that the enemy player does not set up a Rocket infantry defense or is Nod and places bikes+SAMs on the direct access routes to his base which can cripple you economically. They, however, do not work well against "small" 1tile buildings, so don't try to use them to deal with defenses, use MiGs instead.

Yeah, i just keep forgetting Allied ship names because i rarely play them. They are actually kinda cheap at like, 750 or so credits per corvette, as opposed to GDI's 800 Gunboat or Sov's 900-something, and can always win 1v1 vs Soviet Subs as long as the subs do not get in Torpedo range. If you let Missile Subs slip by though? That's really bad news, they can easily snipe buildings along the shore quickly as long as they arent instantly repaired like the AI likes to do.
Arguably, Nod's navy is actually the worst outside of a very strong early game rush, since Scarabs are 700? Maybe a bit less because they produce fairly quickly, but they suck at fighting against other ships, specially against Corvettes whose tank cannons make mincemeat out of enemy ships. Their Sea Shadow capitals suck at sieging and Laser Corvettes have terrible range and health until you deploy them, which stealths them and gives them more range and damage, which obviously requires the enemy to be braindead to not just ignore where they are posted given how big Naval maps are. The only important issue against Nod's navy is its inherent passive anti-air capabilities, Scarabs shoot out anything that you try to use in the air incredibly quickly. GDI is also like this to some degree with the Gunboats, but they are more costly and have terrible range with their rockets, so they tend to miss alot.
By the way, you can deploy your Cruisers for insane damage. If you leave them to fight on their own, they only use one of their dual-barreled cannons, but if you deploy them on the sea like an MCV, you can make them shoot with all three cannon batteries which decimate everything that isn't a 1-tile building like defenses which even regular Artillery that isn't Veteran can deal with easily, so go against Powerplants with them if you're worried about defenses, they have insane range too and usually deal with clusters of enemy T1 and T2 ships without any issue at all as long as they have some Corvettes covering them.

Nod players usually use either an Engineers or Flametrowers when rushing with their Light tanks against buildings, or Rocket infantry in tank-vs-tank encounters, though remember that infantry is a large investment cost and microing them into the tanks can be a bit daunting. The extra health that Nod tanks have actually make them be toe-to-toe against Allied light tanks as long as they fire first, which can be troublesome for Allied players because of MRVs and their lower credit cost.

And for Chronotanks. They actually don't teleport, they move at an insane starting speed which makes it look like they're teleporting, but they are actually just moving, which can make Walls and Gates block off any attempt at getting at somewhere important if you know how to wall off and don't leave a hole. Also they have a buildlimit for the "deployed" version of the vehicle, only you double click it like an MCV and then select for it to move, they can't teleport anymore, but they can always teleport as long as they are on Phase 1, granted with no weapons and being incredibly vulnerable to any weapons while on that mode, you can have an army of Chronotanks in your tank formations if you just ditch the teleport ability and use them as railgun tanks, although bewarned that they have less health than a Soviet Tesla Tank and cost more than any Mammoth variant.

Tiberian Sun does not have the logic to make ships "dock" into shores, since shores did not exist in TS and you instead used Amphibious APCs and Subterrean APCs to deal with them, which aren't avaible for GDI nor Nod. In exchange for this, Chinooks can transport any unit in the game over anything. If you set infantry to garrison inside the chinook, it acts like an aereal APC, but if you select the chinook and select any vehicular unit in the game, the chinook will actually use CarryAll logic and carry the unit towards the area you designate it to.

I actually meant Apaches, but they work exactly the same as Soviet Hinds in RA1 albeit with more ammo to go around with, so the devs thought it was kinda redundant to give Hinds to Soviets since Yaks are a thing.

Then they could just give sea transports and hovercrafts APC logic, only also give them the ability to transport vehicles. I've seen many modders create water transports for TibSun

The thing about Sea Transports and Amphibious APC logic is that tanks cannot enter APCs without a special flag that also makes them into infantry, which breaks even more things about tanks, such as letting 3 of them stand on a single tile like infantry can. The other problem about this is that they'll be able to go everywhere on land and sea like the TS GDI APC can. Also what mods have water transports for TibSun that aren't either Scripted, Hover-vehicles or Amphibious? I would like to know to yell at bittah to fix this obvious oversight, since there ARE naval transports in the DTA campaing, but they are scripted vehicles that can hover on invisible patches of land that look like shores.

I'm pretty sure you could earlier, what happened?

I was able to capture Warfacts and Airfields just fine today, did a new update just roll out?

I can't seem to be able to capture any vehicle production facility and I think I'm using the "Remove Christmas" update

1.169b? Despite the website showing 1.169a, there is an undocumented update with a 'b' code at the end. If you have that, i don't know if you have the older version, but check if it's that. I was able to capture a Soviet Warfactory as GDI just fine a couple minutes ago.

It is 1.169b, Engineers can't seem to be able to take any vehicle producing facility
maybe I glitched the game like that one time Shockwave counted me as having tier three bounties with every faction

Checked just now, apparently i'm also not able to capture Warfactories and Airfields now, which is weird because earlier today i was able to wipe an AI with just a single APC and 3 engies. Maybe it depends on the map or something? I'll shitpost at bittah to look at what the issue is.

Also, the thread is on page 14. New thread or move discussion to RTS thread?

Will we get another 300 posts of shitposting?