Gore in vyda

Whatever happen to gore in video games? Mainstream Games are becoming less violent and gory. What caused this?

nuDoom had plenty didn't it?

Zero-energy thread user, but you're indeed right.
nuDoom sure had a bunch of gore, and Zombie nuclones such as Daylight also have gore.But their kind of gore is always over-the-top completely unrealistic and pretty much baby's first violent video game.
I'm still waiting for a game that has realistic wounds and sounds.

Fucked up, apparently it is called Dying Light.

The masses are easily pleased since nobody can tell whether blood shooting from your decapitated neck is realistic or not. Not that most people would know what that would look like in real life.
So I guess nobody wants to bother putting in more effort that nobody can tell apart from quick and easy solutions.

Because its immature.

Fujoshit please leave

Soyboys want to end it because they are failed and impotent beings that pretend that there is no violence in the world, so they don't want to see some in fiction.
Be the change that you want to happen. Mod games to have realistic gore. Expand it to bypass the common censorships: gore with women, gore with children, gore with babies. Anything goes must be the only rule. When there is so much of it that the oppositors can't even track them all, it will become more and more tolerated in the mainstream.
Violence and gore does not need to be in every game, but it MUST always be present in the medium.

Retarded soyboy found. Too afraid because realistic wounds resemble the ones that you get from real Men every time that you speak in public?

Also: we cold make it a gore thread.
Starting with something light

Same reason why Hollywood doesn't make R rated films anymore.

Normalniggers?

If you make an R rated film you're cutting off a demographic who has a lot of disposable income, unlimited free time, and has a much lower bar in terms of quality and customer service.

Gore and violence appeases neanderthals who have no standards.

poor girl

Was this thread made specifically for (you)?

It requires effort, if you can avoid it entirely, better for the company.

It mostly comes down to laziness
Here is a guy who takes vidya gore pretty seriously. If you want to know if x game has enough gore or not you should watch his reviews

Is it because the violence is not done to another human?

God the kid voices in dubs are always so shit.
Also if you want Gore in the video game or the show watch/play Corpse Party. Its has fan service, with gore in it.

gore for the sake of it is for low IQ sociopaths. Used with careless intent is ultimately repulsive.

Someone start goreposting so these soyfags fuck off.

dubs command me

how did his head explode like that hitting the concrete, I've seen tons of pain videos of kids shotting themselves off of flights of stairs on a bike or skateboard and they just twist there arm or dislocate something. He must have been shot or some shit.

How new are you

I would protect this girl by murdering whoever it was that hurt her with my bare hands, bring her to my house and proceed to heal and wife her.

Wait is that the guy who goes under a bus. That there us a video from a CCTV cam.

*tips*

I don't care.
I could never stand on the side and watch a qt like that get abused.

Where did the gore system in Soldier Of Fortune 2 go?

So, anyway, World at War was quite a bit of an outlier for a COD game, wasn't it?

True that. In contrast, THE WORK OF ONE WHO CONSORTS WITH BEASTS Overgrowth is disturbing because it is the opposite of that. You sneak on an enemy from behind, slash his neck, and drag him to a dark corner while he is still spasming and squirting blood, but it's subdued enough to feel real and creepy.

Modern games are still gory though. Compare how much more violent modern Wolfenstein is compared to the old ones. RtCW even barely had any gore, just shitty looking """"gibs"""".

SoF 2 had the perfect blood colour and amputation shapes. Not many devs would pull out that much detail these days, and the ones who would couldn't even get the formula right.

I had a good chuckle

good thing that gif is low res, otherwise you'd see all the gory details in the last couple of frames.

overly scripted events ruined it. it's not satisfying when the gore is delivered in the same 5 second scripted event as it is when it's random and part of the gameplay.

Fuck you carlos

Fake and gay

Oh, really? Because I would do this.

Where are the broofs?

of all the threads to be blessed, this one is chosen
Khorne is pleased.

Is this what happens when you try to reenacting the bicycle meme?

Well spotted user

Do these people not know how to put their fucking vehicles in park?