Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Will Warhorse Studios save vidya, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

games.tiscali.cz/tema/100-duvodu-proc-dan-vavra-nesnasi-tes-v-skyrim-57711
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I thought it was NEVER EVER like Bonerlord

I feel confident i upgraded my PC for this.

The combat will certainly be shit.

It's bonerlord for the console audience.

Bump for a kike free game.
No forced diversity here.

Just out of respect for Vavra, this is going to be the very first game that I'll buy at full price, except for the very cheap ones. If it turns out to be uninspired mediocre shit, well, at least I can get an early negative review in.

I will be sure to buy it new as well, but likely down the road when I've upgraded.

We will see when it releases. Hope it turns out well though, Vavra is a decent guy and deserves some success (if the game is not shit of course).

looks like shit

bit annoyed he jewed me out of my gnu/linux version but whatever, hope the game succeeds. Don't bother playing the beta, it's 100 percent garbage, capped at 30fps regardless of your hardware, and there's not shit to do. It's not representative of the final product for sure.

From looks alone, it will be one of 2018's unspoken finest at best, or Kickstarter failure #138671236 at worst. I think the ultimate deciding factor will be how the game actually ends up controlling.

This is probably the one game this year I'm REALLY hoping doesn't suck.

Vavra should have stayed the hell off social media. I don't care if he's telling cunts to fuck off, Twitter drama is never worth it.

Butterlord will drink from his skull

Vavra's idea of realism is doing "realistic" nonrewarding chores like eating a bowl breakfast and throwing eggs on somebody's house only because the game tells you to do so. Meanwhile, the combat is even worse than Dark Souls.

Lots of youtubers are shilling for this game's hype. When it fails to deliver, it's going to fail spectacularly.

Are you melanin rich?

Feel free to post that masked SJW image as a futile retort.

It's a consolized garbage with autotargeting and DDR combat. A shit game is a shit game. No alt kike meme can tell me the otherwise.

One thing I like is when you ask someone for directions somewhere, rather than putting a mark on your map, they give you practical directions that ramble on for a full minute or two. A long description of landmarks to look for and which way to turn, rather than "follow this magical dot". That pleasantly surprised me.

The combat feels like an upgraded version of mountain blade's combat, and yeah, it's kinda shit. I had a terrible framerate when I tried it out, though, which made blocking and parrying very difficult, but it felt pretty good to pull them off. I'm shitting on the fence for this one.

If those czechs or slovaks or whatever can properly optimize this game such that I can get 60fps, it might be a good time. At present, I push about 20 and it feels like a very pretty slideshow.

Never said to buy it, stop sperging.
Just asking why he hopes the game fails so badly.

Agreed, hoping PC version is stable

Well I don't complain about this. Doesn't necessarily make the quests any less shit however.

How come? M&B has no autotargeting unlike this shit.

have you even played the game?

This is true.
You can disable the targeting and go manual-mode, but that presents the same difficulties as with mountain blade because you have to swing your mouse in 5 directions+neutral to choose your swing or block direction.
It's kind of fun and kind of a hot mess as of the latest beta build, so I'm interested to see if they've addressed any of that for the live version when it comes out.

Please be good. Fingers motherfucking crossed

It doesn't have autotargetting and nothing similar to it, nigger.

don't make reinstall it just to screencap it and display your retardation for all to see

As with M&B, I don't use mouse to control the swinging direction, I use WASD. You can disable the autotargeting? Well, I didn't know this tbh.

nice projection

It has auto-block and shit, I'm not aware of autotargetting, in any case that's a plebeian setting no one should use. Only multiplayer is worth touching and it has fixed settings with no easy mode and no auto block.

retard

You are on Holla Forums, of course there are weebs and numales here

I'm not saying it is you faggotron.

I thought so too, especially since the game still looks unpolished as fuck. I figured they'd delay it again but they seem to be pretty set on releasing it in February.

I mean, I have my fill with Warband and many other games. What I want from this game is some good fucking atmosphere and maybe a good story? I am going to this with zero expectations, if it sucks it sucks, if not, I am glad they atleast tried.

BANNERLORD FUCKING WHEN SERIOUSLLYYYY FUUUCCCKKKK

Medieval setting is absolutely uncharted territory only multiplayer games go into, crusader kinds and M&B.

This makes me think actually. What was the last game where we actually had a historical medieval setting without fantasy stuff in it aside from Medieval 2:TW and CK2?

I just want to play my medieval simulator game, hoping for that Mafia 1 and 2 autistic eye of detail, combat looks pretty move shit for the last 6 months of update vids they gave out.

I don't know man, I didn't look at footage recently but from what I've seen in the last few years it looks like shit. But I do hope it turns out good

Just because not a lot of games do straight up medieval settings with no fantasy doesn't mean it isn't generic shit. It's overdone in every other medium to the point that it doesn't matter that its a videogame. Historical settings are pretty shit in general too, why not just make an original setting instead?

Fuck off, goon.

Fuck off faggot.

Your original setting sucks.

Original how? Just put yourself in an acid trip then piss all over it until it vaguely resembles something recognizable?

I can't wait for this fucking game. Vávra is a sperg that has some sort of personal grudge against Bethesda (probably due to being an rpgcodex poster) and went on an autistic rant back when Skyrim released about how awfully shit it is and how shit Beth is. Here are some excerpts:

Some of these are pure "muh realism" autism, like sprint distance or bow stamina even though bow stamina should be implemented if only to nerf bow assassins because they are OP as shit. He's pretty spot on about the others.

the entire list is like that. It's all either muh realism (to the point where he complains about the lack of toilets in Sykrim), nitpicking about various bugs, or actually spot-on criticism of Beth being scumbags

Except when your character is Dovahkiin, a TES universe's Thor.

God. Why did they hire hungarian voice actors with annoying speech flaws?

Reddit mutated the word to mean anyone who likes nip shit. When it started as a nonsense word that came to stand for any faggot that wished they were a nip and rejected their ethnic origins

Doesn't really allow him to break basic laws of physics.

By eurojank standards it looks pretty polished.
Which is a little sad to think about.

Castles and armors are fine but this better have boobs and whore coz medieval time where boring and full of diseases. I am not playing this for more than a few hour without an ass reward here and there.

I'm sure the creators of kingdoms of amalur and lords of the fallen and dragon age and fucking elex all thought the same when they created their "original" settings. I'm sure those developers thought they were fucking top gun auteur creatives at the time and would be remembered as geniuses in the years to come.

Better to see if you can create something authentic before going for originality.

Another shitgame which will get cut in half, sold for double and features removed to please a certain audience.

It is too big to be good.

Remember: Games it not anymore about making a good game; It's about making a game that makes good money.

Well, it does. But only when he shouts.
Which means in order for that to work he would either have to constantly shout while swimming or propel himself across bodies of water by shouting.

Bethesda didn't deny that Creation is Gamebryo. They changed the name not due to marketing purposes, but it was because Emergent Game Technologies sold the Gamebryo engine to a Korean company back in 2010. In Skyrim, they still credited Emergent as the developer of the engine, they just avoided using the Gamebryo name since it had became a property of other company.

It originated from Holla Forums, weebcuck.

It’s going run and look like shit

I had the same feeling about Mafia I honestly. His game are massively jerked off about by OMG MUH REEEEALIIIISM crowds.
Like, Mafia 1 is a good game, but it is MASSIVELY overrated within the aforementioned circles because MUH PLOT and MUH REALISM. It's funny that it is also placed in the same category as GTA when it's not open world at all aside from a bonus Free Ride mode where you can dick around.

Yeah, that guy's a dumbass. Mafia 1 is worse in every way except if you're looking for a 30's NYC themed game. GTA IV might be realistic, but it had no chores and you were allowed to have fun. Mafia is a lot more akin to Driver 2 with shooting than GTA. Actually, scratch that, Driver 2 actually had competent mission design and cop chases, Mafia is just boring.

Oh don't even get me started on the cult that formed around GTA IV. It is also a good game sure but my god these guys are delusional, they think GTA IV revolutionized story telling in games and cite watered-down features that have been in RPGs for decades as proof (like "deep moral choices"). And for some reason Mafia 1 is hailed as the second best game ever made in that circle.

God damn but I hate "game engine" becoming such a wildly used term. Game engines don't make games, developers do. Look at The Forest. Guess what engine it uses, Unity. It runs great, it looks great, but there's dime a dozen shitty games that run bad and look bad made on Unity too.

Are you talking about RPG Codexfags? Oh yeah, these guys have autism. I usually take their opinion with a grain of salt.

KCD in particular, judging from the footages, has had a lot of graphical downgrades and choppy framerate though.

I have yet to see any myself.

We only have the alpha from a bajillion years ago and the youtube footage which is at maximum settings 1440p.

I remember the earlier builds looking extremely realistic. Last trailer looked as ugly as Fallout 4 if not even more.

Nah, it's far worse. The GTA IV community is legitimately the worst I've had to deal with, other fanbases might be more autistic but at least they're not as toxic attacking everyone who disagrees while demanding to be treated like royalty.

I dunno, I saw recent gameplay and it looked insanely good.

Forget what I said, I was hyperbolic. Yeah, just watched that again, it definitely looked better than what I remember.

The word has existed before leftists, brainlet

Tbh I consider GTA IV to be the best GTA game myself, but I don't deny that the game is still flawed. I wish they remade Vice City with GTA IV's physics and more side content like randomly generated missions, that would be the greatest game ever.

Yes, meaning a substance that does physical harm. But to use it in the non-literal sense is pretty much a librul thing now.

who the FUCK cares, shut up already

Censorship is also a librul thing now.

Ah yes, just like Skyrim, huh? Then the player can enjoy not knowing where the fuck to go because the devs just slap a marker on your map without providing proper directions.

realistic physics = fun
realistic chores = not fun

You can ask NPCs for directions, actually

What are you a faggot?

The NPCs give you very good directions.
At least know what you're talking about before shitting on a game.

Only if they fix their shitty console combat.

Probably too late for that. It still looks like two dudes whacking each other with sticks while wearing pillows for armor.

This game is THE game for medieval combat though, what game has better combat than it?

No, it looks like Mountain Blade for the Soulslike audience who prefer rhythmic combat more than actual dynamics.

Chivalry, Mordhau, M&B, Severance, Exanima, etc.

Especially Exanima.

Mount and Blade are indeed about people whacking people with sticks, since swords can damage plate armor, Severance is also the same.

Haven't played Mordhau and Chivalry, and Examina isn't an action game?

Looking good, not sure how I feel about the matrix time stuff is about all.

So? They're fun, those games have great controls and a lot of improvisations. Gameplay matters more than realism. That For Honor trash might be more of your speed.

Are you stupid?

Except we were talking about realism, considering Kingdom Come does try to do the realism thing?

It doesn't look like an action game to me.

The one where you don't have to select an enemy and the attack type before you are allowed to attack?

Whoa there buddy, cool your horses. Do we need to bring out the reminders?

Which is what?

Of course, something could still go horribly wrong, but it looks like they've made a lot of progress since earlier last year.

see

Especially Exanima.

In that list, only Examina does anything special, and it's not even an action game.

Kingdom Come does take state of armor, blade angling into matter so it's league beyond something like MnB and Severance.

Every single one of them are special. There's nothing like their combat.

I never said anything about realistic statistics and shit. It's about controls and gameplay.

Well, consider myself off then since I was arguing about realism.

Kingdom Come tries to be realistic, you see?

But the gameplay itself isn't very realistic, that's my argument. It's only realistic on paper, the actual combat is stiff rhythmic garbage.

Seen the gameplay, how is it rhythmic again?

These armor mechanics are wasted on how the combat flows it's just whack-a-mole with six points.

I played it in the beta it feels like Olympic fencing disguised as medieval combat.

It's one of the games that the game journo bugmen decided they're gonna blacklist so that's one of the reasons to buy it.

Oh please, Olympic fencing is way faster.

Sorry should have said slowed down Olympic fencing, my mistake.

I dropped GTA IV after a week when i bought it. Turned it back it, it stunk.

And i used to be a big GTA-fan.

I don't want to be a cunt, but GTA IV is the best GTA gameplay-wise and SA-fags are the cancer of GTA community.

Best GTA was vice city. After vice city there was only wigger/nigger shit.

Best setting,music score and characters?Sure, but not gameplay wise;in that department GTAIV blows it out of the water.

VC does have the best setting, funniest characters, and best missions, but come on, GTA IV is still more fun to play with the amazing physics.

No you got it right, I don't know why you faggots are comparing the game to M&B or Exanima because from the gameplay videos I've seen it's basically Dark Messiah with a really choppy flow and terrible group combat.

I don't compare it to M&B and Exanima, I was just showing that there are many games with far more enjoyable combat out there.

I'll gladly buy any game that panders to my political opinion, even if it's shit. Money talks, and the culture not being degenerate os infinitely more important than video games. Kys

don't get caught up in a cult of personality

It should be in the best interests of the market to provide alternatives in their content.
The great majority of western-made games in the last years have been political in some way due to their creators not being able to contain their autism. The rest are apolitical, so there really would be no harm if we had some more games with conservative leaning political subtext to balance out the market.
Not that this game in particular is political in the first place. Vavra going for historical accuracy in his product is in itself a non-political issue; his reaction to the "journalists" reacting to said historical accuracy is.

Then there was this faggot at the GDC claiming that the entire game-making process is and should be political, or something like that. I say that we take their advice to heart and beat them at their own game.

Can someone tell me what's so bad about the combat? I watched the gameplay videos and it looked pretty good to me – lots of different angles of attack, lots of timing, stamina management… Seems a lot better than the button mashing that passes for combat in RPG's nowadays. All you did in Witcher 3, for example, was spam LMB while occassionally rolling from away danger.

No that's exactly why i turned it back in, it wasn't fun. It was choppy as hell, the shooting was too easy and the driving was a weird experience where hitting a small bump in the road could make you fly out of your windshield.

It was a shitty game and not as fun as the GTA-games used to be, there was too much emphtasis on the story. GTA3 was the funniest one.

It's stiff as fuck because it's timing and rhythm based. A good combat should be movement and momentum based. See Exanima.

It wasn't a good PC port indeed.

Nowhere as bad as zero recoil shooting without strafing in GTA 3/VC or the weightless projectile-less shooting of GTA SA. Easy or not the shooting is really fun.

I almost never fly out of the windshield unless I crash into something deliberately. Maybe you just suck.

I don't like the emphasis either, but it's skippable.

No bitch, VC was.

Exanima is a tech demo that diverges quite far from the industry standard, not to mention it has its own bag of problems.

I'm exited but it looks like theres to much extra shit added without adding any significant value. I'm concerned their trying to rope in too much of the general gamer crowd and not keeping it a super niche title which i think it needs to be. im willing to deal with a little bit of janky game play, weird non game breaking bugs and generaly less polish so long as its interesting and lets me do my HEMA shit. over the past two years though i've become more and more concerned that its going to be both janky and less interesting as they shoe horn in a bunch of shit to try and sell the game to normals on Reddit. hopefully I'm worried about nothing and the game is good.

it was for a while but the updates and game play footage have been pretty steady for a while now.

I'd still wait a month or two.

To be fair it's fucking weird how there is only like three toilets in all of skyrim.

I enjoy M&B but combat is not one of the aspects I like nor would I willingly replicate it in any game if I had the power to choose. Exanima has a high skill floor just so you don't look like you're drunk, and even then most of the fun comes from the arena throwing shit like Ogres in full plate after you and the dungeon crawler aspect.

The combat looks ok but the rest looks like it's going to be a skirim clone. We'll see

Who cares about industry standard, if you were creative you'd be the one to impose a new standard. The industry needs more daring people with a distinct but fully realized vision.

Why? Is Chivalry more your speed?

Nothing quicksave can't fix. Anyway, I'm not saying that they're supposed to blatantly copy Exanima's combat. I'm just saying that the combat is extremely fun, and it would be great if AAA devs could replicate the same feeling of satisfaction. My point is momentum based combat is more enjoyable and dynamic than rhythm based game.

It would still be fun if the ogres were people.

Exploring towns is dungeon crawling on it's own, only on a bigger scale.

The combat is literally one of the worst thing about it. You've got to be a pleb if you can't see it.

Chivalry? Of all the possible games you'd come up with it's fucking Chivalry? Fuck you I compare games with similar gameplay and Jedi Knight Outcast and Academy blows Mount&Blade out of the water I do not like Mount&Blade combat even though I enjoy the game.
What?
The Ogres are just up scaled human models, so I don't have a damn fucking clue what you're on about.
Nor do I understand what the fuck this is supposed to mean besides telling me you've never played a dungeon crawler outside Exanima.

Everyone? The average serves and will always serve as a point of refference. If you shit on anything and everything that isn't "THE BEST", then your critique will be bordering on worthless, as you'll make little distinction between something deeply below average, and above average. In fact, this is the case with your entire post. You do not acually criticise the combat, you just go "it would be better if it was like X".

Where's the full thing? Seems to have been purged.

Yeah, but those games will trigger Vavra's autism like no other. That kind of combat would fit well in a game about sword and sorcery like Elder Scrolls and not the middle age backwater walking simulator Vavra's obsessed with.

When the game gets to hard, just load the quicksave and try that segment again alright.

I was about to say the same thing, actually it was me who didn't have a clue about what you were on about.

I mean, open world is just dungeon crawling with towns and forests instead of corridors and walls. I know, that sounds stupid, but yeah.

Actually I have. Look up my ID, I've made like 30 posts already. The combat is stiff and technique based instead of momentum based. A good combat game would have a lot more freedom in movement and momentum, this one doesn't give you much freedom of improvisation. It works best with target locking, that should tell you something.

interesting.

Even IGN and sony shill for this game, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the 0.1% who doesn't like it. But I don't like it for a solid reason. It's not nitpicking, it's standard video game design.

I remember playing the beta, and the combat was indeed shit. It was essentially just Simon says but with parrying, and blocks. The best way to get a hit was to act like a retard so your opponent couldn't possibly guess your move, and then strike him. It's a farcry from something like mount and blade which has no fucking lock ons, and actually requires a lot of technique and skill to handle by comparison, and even more to master (if you're not using auto block/aim etc).

the game looks like everything was RNGd into existance, everything is shit and looks the same
the only "tactics" you get is what the retarded generator gave you
you are delusional

besides that i enjoy fucking around in it thou

Genius.

That's wrong, though. Dungeons are completely differently paced than the rest of the game. In a good game, they cause you to manage your resources very carefully and there's a significant investment/risk involved. Of course in Skyrim it's all just a fun happy theme park, not sure if that's what you were going for.

Don't be fooled by a loud minority

We aren't tumblr, faggot, and we don't give a shit whether they're a loud minority or not, unless someone is spamming Filtering IDs is the premier bitch move.

Sounds like you're the bitch with nothing worthwhile to say. Now, doesn't that just make you want to filter my post? It's not as if they can't start over again in the next thread you whiny baby.

Vajra himself said it's like Skyrim so instead of comparing games that are not like Skyrim compare games that actually look similar. Dark Messiah, Arx Fatalis, Skyrim, Dishonored, etc.
Exanima is a simulationist game, despite whatever you've seen on youtube the controls takes roughly 20 hours to get proficient enough in not to look like you're both drunk and have cerebral palsy then you just look like you're drunk, from there you'd need about 200 hours to get to the level of the really skilled players who make it look easy. The fun is because it's simulationist there is all kinds of shit you can get into when Demons and Ogres get thrown in the mix. That said Demons and Ogres are still just upscaled humans using the exact same model as the humans in the game so it still looks floaty, off, and kinda weird. Control wise it is worse then M&B.

No, it doesn't make me want to filter your post because I'm not a pussy. My fee-fees aren't so harmed by conflicting opinions and criticisms that I feel a need to hide away from such 'terrible' things.

Wew

Nigger there are times when some faggot refuses to stop posting, he has over 30 replies in the thread and you're just sick of seeing his circular argument and the morons responding to him. It ends up occupying a very significant portion of the thread/my screen. You can't just pretend like this doesn't happen. It's technically not spam either.
The "not caring about anonymous opinions" thing works both ways dumb fuck. I care about some of the posters on this board so little in juxtaposition to how much they've shat up the thread and occupied my monitor real estate that I am going to filter them because I do not care about their opinion anymore and it's wasting space.

Go play multiplayer instead of playing against the AI and see where flailing like a retard gets you then.

I don't care. You're still nothing but a pussy if you feel the need to block out a conflicting opinion. Plus, you do realize that by ignoring the cancer instead of actively fighting it, it'll just keep coming back and bringing friends, right?
Oh, no, don't get me wrong, I never said accept, I said don't block them out. I think the poster is a massive fucking retard, but that still doesn't make you any less of a little bitch for filtering them and feeling the need to announce how hard you clenched your asshole in anger when you saw him contradicting your opinions.

Who are you talking to? I didn't say any of that. Are you lost? Do you really think running around screaming "Hey guys, if you use these immensely convenient features integrated into the website, you're a BITCH!" is going to work on an anonymous board? Especially when we routinely get raided by outsiders for reasons varying from marketing to political subversion that nobody wants to talk to unless they're retarded? Ooooh, I can feel the social pressure bearing down on me! Better not filter!
I mean, don't get me wrong, I love to argue, hence why I haven't filtered you yet. But it also means that I have been arguing on the internet for a very, very long time indeed and I really just don't have the patience for the amateur hour bullshit anymore, like your childish strawmanning in that post for example.

Not in as few words, and you definitely tried to downplay the fact that you still just can't handle differing opinions and conflict so you have to blo- I mean, filter posters you dislike. But you did indeed say that.
Fair point, Arguing with raiders and shills won't really change much. But you can't really tell the difference between a shill/raider from a random wanderer, and it's easy to mistake stupidity for malevolence, so I maintain that it's better to scream autistically at them than to cover your ears and eyes in response to them.
Been here longer than you faggot, and while I can understand that you're fatigued and sick of the bullshit It's no different for alot of us The cancer isn't gonna go away by ignoring it, and what few genuine newfags there are will just see you as a faggot when you filter people and go on to announce how you filtered them.

Reminder that it can't run on a GTX 1080

I really don't understand how you think that giving morons attention is going to make them go away. Do you think anyone likes being ignored? Also, anything the individual thread might have had is lost when you turn it into some kind of stupid shitposting battlefield. The site would be better if more people filtered, on the contrary. Again, it's not like anyone who is actually sticking around will be affected because IDs change on a threadly basis.

You smell like a goon upset that people aren't tolerating your bullshit.

Wow the game looks alright but my god that has to be the awkwardest commentary I've heard in awhile.

I'll accept your strawman if you accept that you're a pussy.

They like being able to voice their opinions unchallenged. Even if they go ignored, they see silence as weakness, and will just keep coming back since hey, nobody fought them, so they must be winning, in their minds atleast.
Yes user, I too hate any sort of discussion, especially ones that involve disagreement.
See the above post. At the end of the day, filtering someone just lets them keep peddling their bullshit unimpeded. Sure, it's not going to affect you, personally, anymore, but what're you gonna do when things get even worse than they are now and the majority of the active posters are people you always filter?

I'm sorry man, the scenario you describe is just fucking retarded and there is no way I can take you seriously.
Leave because the effort of clicking filter is more than the benefit of posting here. You seem really dense, so I'll say it again: the echo chamber you're describing doesn't exist because filtering goes away in a new thread and those "valuable disagreeable opinions" you are thinking of (when I'm thinking of autists who shit up a thread like we are now and shills) are free to voice themselves onxe more.
You know how I know I am right? Because Holla Forums still hasn't collapsed. If what you are saying was true there would be an entire subgroup of Holla Forums and shareblue shills who post amongst each other and get ignored by almost everyone. But that doesn't happen; I still see Maddowposter in every other fucking thread, I still see Asses and Elbows, etc. These people have been posting their garbage for so long that they are instantly identifiable despite their anonymity because they always post the same shit. Meanwhile when an actually decent topic gets discussed by people with interest in discussing it, these fuckers can be filtered by everyone trying to trade information. And you're going to shed a tear for these fucking people. I don't understand it.
And I was talking about obnoxious faggots, I really don't know why you keep strawmanning me to be some guy who filters everyone who disagrees with him while I continue to argue with you, right now.

I just want a normal RPG that comes close to Ghotic (2).
I don't think that they will actually pull it off, but they might come close to it.
without dragons and other fantasy shit

That's a fair point. I suppose I'm just paranoid about having an echochamber.

Nice dubbadubs. You are on the premier anti-echo chamber location of the internet. People here say it sounds like an echo chamber are anons who have been here so long that they've forgotten what a real echo chamber sounds like. Yes, there are some topics which are mostly agreed upon, but every community eventually gains some form of identity or grounding; it's inevitable. My conclusion based on what I have seen from going and visiting other discussion forums and sites after having been here so long is that this is still the most diverse site in terms of opinion. Reminder that there are people who visit this board regularly, possibly in this very thread, who:

Weebs should die

learn to read.

Maybe you should faggot or learn how greentexts work.
By saying "Implying weeb a weeb is bad" he is implying being a weeb isn't bad and weebs are people who hate their own race.

He's saying the modern usage isn't bad, as no one uses the old meaning anymore.

What I meant is open world can be somewhat harsh too when you're out in the wild surrounded by enemies without healing items around and without knowing the direction you're going.

I understand what he tries to accomplish, but sword combat in FPS view is not quite as fun as TPS view. FPS view makes directional blocking feel a bit easier, that's the only advantage. But at things like dodging, hop strafing, rolling, doing acrobatics, and having spatial awareness, TPS wins. There are a lot of things in Severance and Jedi Knight that can't possibly be done in FPS mode.

If I was him, I'd make the camera view interchangeable between FPS and TPS. When you're sheathing your sword or using a bow, the view mode is FPS, but when you're combat ready the camera view automatically turns into TPS.

I've played it a while myself, and while you're right about it, it's still fun. I won't pretend that it would be okay to put this kind of combat in a AAA highly commercial game, but I can't deny that it's the least boring combat I've ever experienced. I could spend hundreds of hours playing this kind of game.

Sorry for my autism brah. I was just replying to every user that replied to me. Aside from that, many gaymers seem to be clueless about what makes a combat good, which kinda triggers my autism because this is my favorite subject in video game design.

What games would you recommend anyhow?

I already said this before the combat flow is completely choppy with everyone just standing there temporarily pausing every time, putting it into a third person camera isn't going to fix that problem at all.

So if I were hypothetically working on a game with sword fighting, you guys wouldn't like it to have a target locking system? It'd have to be somewhere in between Dark Souls and Mount & Blade, such as the combat seen in the Jedi Knight series?

Don't ever listen to Holla Forums on game design, especially not the edgelords that only post "muh X" with meme arrows.
If you absolutely have to get your cock sucked by Holla Forums the best you can do is make porn.

Target lock is a shit replacement for good camera and controls. See those 2 games you mentioned

I have never seen a lockon system that wasn't a total liability against more than one guy so fuck them.

The game looks fun.

Will this game have Jews and the ability to persecute them?

I mean this is a historical European game.

I thought you left Yandev. Also, do you still have that webm you made where you read out that letter written to you one word at a time by Holla Forums? Your second point is correct though.

Hope the game succeeds if the devs don't go full Jew, but I don't think I will play it. Besides, it's not like I actually can play it any time soon with the computer I have now.

Where are the firearms?

So do they get an arm and a leg each or is one of them a passenger? How does this work?

I agree the journalists are acting like giant faggots but you can't act like he's not contributing to it himself when he wears stuff like his #based shirt.

They each control half, which is amazing considering despite that they can cook, job, and drive a car.

It's not purged, but it's fully in Czech, so I just translated the points I found amusing and posted them here. here's the source: games.tiscali.cz/tema/100-duvodu-proc-dan-vavra-nesnasi-tes-v-skyrim-57711

I think in one of the videos, they showed you can be racist to Germans due to the historical circumstances at the time

How does marriage/intercourse/child-rearing work? Is one legally married to two people simultaneously? Would their child have one dad and two moms?

Napoleonic wars mod for this when?

This is being made by the Mafia 1 director right? That game had solid writing.

Yes, see picsrelated.

im bying this game at lunch only because i want to support more czech gaming developers (aím chech)
so dont fuck it up mr Vávra

I'm glad they weren't like a another known dev and decided to drop a few things that were to ambitious so it could be finally released. I think one of them was a dog companion that would help you find things similar to fable but obviously more complex.

You'll wanna buy Factorio if you haven't already

they both have a boyfriend each, not sure how that works with one pussy.

i dont have autism

I would really want to, but Early Access, man. Can't support that shit ever again.

your loss

The combat looks so clunky and shit. Why cant they do something like mordhau, where you dont have clunky autoaim, can actualy fight multiple enemies and the animations dont look clunky as fuck?

Because the director is the same autist who made Mafia 1. He preferred muh vidya realism to fun and interactivity.

But Mafia 1 was fucking awesome

New gameplay trailer's up.

I PAID THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR THIS

I WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE REALISTIC

THEN WHY IS HEAVY ARMOR "HEAVY" AND DETRIMENTAL TO SPEED IN COMBAT? YOU HACK VAVRA

Fuck Vavra even Chivalry figured out that going too slow is a bad idea. At least it's not so choppy anymore, shit man just seeing those animations makes me want to tweak them to give them more oomph.

Not sure about those but when I did hema shit we used armor made from stainless steel, which is a bit lighter I think.

Shitposting on Twitter worked for Sonic the Hedgehog, Wendys, and others so how is this any different?

Heavy armor does have weight, and it does slow you down. Also from a balance perspective, having heavy armor be a straight upgrade with no drawback is straight up bad game design.

Sure you could put on the armour and do a few short stunts for a video camera, but that's different from having to wear it for days or weeks or even months

Reminds me E3 oblivion.

Since it weighs about the same amount as the total weight in gear real life soldiers are forced to carry when marching a knight can go for hours in full plate if push comes to shove, the heat is where it would get unbearable not the weight.

>>>/reddit/

Characters in the game probably do

Way to announce your shit taste to the thread.

The downside is that it could be pricey and expensive to maintain. Your character is a peasant whose home was destroyed after all.

This is also a good point as well. A full set of interceptor armor and assorted combat gear weighs about as much. Many modern soldiers are likely to carry more if you factor in squad operated equipment like an autoweapon or field mortar. And it doesn't seem that much more movement impairing than the IBA judging by the movements in at 1:06.

What a faggot you are, user.

What manner of autism be this?

Not autism, obvious ubisoft paid shill.

That's a good point, however i feel this will force the player down a specific build and playstyle, since there is an obvious "best" instead of being a sidegrade, one of many ways to play the game. Imagine how boring DnD would be if there were only warriors. Same thing applies here, if the absolute best way to play the game is to be a heavy armor wearing knight it limits the variety of playstyles and in turn makes the game more repetitive and boring.

It mentions Pissed Pedro though. See:

he has some good points, this is a skyrim ripoff

I think these comments are supposed to be made from different accounts but Bethesda fucked their script up

If it's skyrim, but good then I will have no problems with this game.

Assuming they're going for realism there can't really be a huge variety in single combat equipment in the first place unless they shoot for some kind of extreme simulation grade sword fighting. Especially if the game is confined to a single country.

Seems it showed up a week ago to make 10:01 length gameplay videos to scrape some meager ad revenue. But didn't jewtube change it so you needed a lot of subscribers and average watch time to actually get ad revenue anymore? Might be a contributing factor to how asshurt this person is.

I theorize that the 2 subscribers are sock accounts it uses to like it's own comments. Also claims to be mostly blind so to criticize graphics is laughable.

No one is saying that it isn't, open-world rpgs can be good too. He has no good points.

I find it very hard to believe faggots with opinions like that actually exist, occam's razor says it's just a shill.

There will be variety in the form of different weapons and fighting styles. It would be pretty boring if this was all dudes in armor hittig each other with swords.

that poor cat

He'll be fine
Even if he won't be, here have some new cats to replace him

My gripes with the combat is the dead corpse faces, and how floaty and lacking in impact and speed the whole thing plays out something Vavra should've already dealt with during the polish phase. The mass battle videos don't look particularly thrilling either since they all line up 1v1 in the background.

I want a Cat stealth game. Like Metal Gear Solid. but with Cats.

Mafia 1 was a railroaded pseudo cinematic garbage like the GTA clone version of Half Life 1.

Mafia 1 made the mistake of making freeplay a separate game mode

That is only available once you beat the game, no less. (if memory serves me right)

Fuck off Todd.

That's the freeplay extreme, where you can collect cars by doing side missions. There's the regular freeplay mode where there's literally nothing to do.

You are fucking retarded.

there are two freeplay modes, one accessible after beating the game, where you have various challenges that unlock new cars upon beating them, and one that you can access at any time, where you can dick about and fight mafia or the police.

There was this indie game "HK_Project" about a cat exploring a futuristic version of Kowloon.

you know you like me user ❤️

I loved those side missions, they were silly and fun. They should have been available from the start.

Dont forget the Australian KFC account.

I'll agree on that. The animations don't feel impactful at all, you could think that they are gently toching and poking each other with the swords. Its understandable considering that they did the animations in mocap, but they could have at least edited them to fell better. Archery also looks extremely broken from the stealh perspective. There is no way bows were that strong, not to mention that he's shooting at armored opponents I hope it's more realistic that what I saw in the video.

The only unpolished thing were the facial animations, they said they were fixing it though (this was around september last year I think).

Jesus fucking Christ where do you faggots come from?

Vid related on bows btw. A shitty gambeson stopped it.

He's probably a shill with all the stupid shit that comes out of his mouth.

hmmmm

There are at least two games this year to have a great soundtrack: Kingdom Come Deliverance and God of War.

It is perfectly realistic that you could wear down a knight in armour.

Have you ever tried wearing a suit made from non-breathable material? It traps heat really well, even if youre not doing anything intensive, youre gonna get hot and sweaty quickly.

Now imagine that that suit weighs 30kg, you have padding underneath and it gets hot really quickly if youre in direct sunlight (since its metal)

At the start of the battle you would be equally as nimble but after a while the person with lighter and more breathable clothing would be much less worn out

This game makes me angry as fuck since I wanted it to be good.

i was so hype i (((preordered))) it so i could play the beta and yeah, it looks like it's really coming along and is going to be the game vidya needs

once again based slavs or slav-likes saving vidya in the west

pretty much this. Full plate offers full mobility (so any game giving you a DEX penalty for it is full of shit), but you're gonna get tired quickly and soon become useless. Remember that medieval and later knights always rode to battle on horseback – not only did it give them a massive combat advantage, but since they didn't have to run or walk, it spared their energy. Actually, this was used during the hussite wars at the battle of Sudoměř. Hussites lured the heavy, knight cavalry into charging them across very muddy terrain to the point the horses became useless and the knights had to dismount, after which Hussites attacked them and won.

Even if it's mocap you can edit the animations as key frame data, just make sure you backup everything and just tweak it back and fourth until it "feels right". If anything it should be easier because you have a base to work with instead of just doing it from scratch.

Actually HL1 ushered in the beginning of replacing good level design in FPSes with setpieces and muh cinematic experience. Even though Half Life was a good game, it was very popular and what the market analysts saw when they tried to pick apart the game is "this game has setpieces, that is what makes it different from contemporary shooters. therefore if we put setpieces in our game it will sell." Reminder that Half Life 2 was a shitty game and only had lasting success due to multiplayer and mods. All of the level design and AI talent left between HL1 and 2.

It's not even out yet nigger.

Prepare your salad bowls, boys.