Runes of Magic

What does Holla Forums think of this Taiwanese MMORPG? I just managed to get a private server working (version 6.0.7.2693) and was curious if you guys wanted to play this, maybe have our own RoM Holla Forums server?

Other urls found in this thread:

runesofmagic.gamepedia.com/Runes
runesofmagic.gamepedia.com/Elite_Skills
youtube.com/watch?v=v1ftSo8pt0E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Which WoW expansion is this?

I think I played it years ago, I remember the game being OK but nothing too special.
I'd be interested in a Kingdom Heroes server, but that'd be a bit harder to manage, and we don't have nearly enough people to muster for the fun stuff.
Wish the shiny new MMORPGs had even a fraction of the content that fucking game had, with more responsive combat like what's popular now and updated graphics it would BTFO some heavyweights.
>hey we have boats, come play Archaege! no, some fucking chinks on a shit platform did it 7 years ago and better, fuck off

It looks like a WoW clone, right down to the UI. In which case, I hope it plays better than it looks.

It have an unique class system where you can play 3 classes at once. It was also pay2win as fuck

That was ok with some unique elements. Sadly the outdated graphics and the pay2win as fuck cash shop ruins it.

If someone make a server without the p2w i will play it.

It's a shameless chinese rip off, seriously why do chinks don't at least have the decency to pretend not to copy things down to a T?

I think there was a reason for that cash shop, hosting the server with a few zones opened (and myself in it with lowest graphic settings) takes 14gb of ram and I only have a gtx 1080.
I read that it takes 256gb of ram to open all the zones.

I would of course make all the p2w items available to everyone for free.

Sounds reasonable for hosting a MMO, do WoW private servers require far less hardware?

Back when it launched it was one of the best f2p mmorpgs. Today it is way more p2w than back then and the graphics while still not bad today do show their age a little bit. But there is a lot of content and some of the dungeons was as well designed as early WoW. The rune system while being pay2win as fuck was still (and still is) a cool and unique system. The class system is also a good system.

Not like LOTRO, TOR and RIFT are any better in that way. Gameplay wise WoW was very similar to EQ2 and feature wise Runes of Magic have some unique features even today compared to WoW.

I'm not saying other MMOs aren't WoW clones, but this one even stole the bag icon and copy pasted the entire UI.

I dont know if you played RoM before but having all p2w items for free will make the game WAY too easy and boring. They should be free in term of real money but not free in that way you can buy them for 1g each in a shop somewhere. They should be grindable from quests and other shit but that is hard to make.

I wont deny that the UI looks similar (but why change something that works perfectly fine?) but the bag icon is not stolen from WoW as you can see here. It do look similar but that is not the same as stolen.

"It looks similar" is an understatement here, the entire UI (XP bar, the map and the icons, chat, etc) is just outright ripped off, pretty much the only thing that looks original there is the character health and mana bar somewhat.

It looks like WoW, aka sub-par.
What exactly differentiates it from it?

Making a merchant where you can buy them for 50k (or whatever's reasonable in that game) shouldn't be impossible and would certainly beat having them freely available.

There's also an issue with MMO economy in private servers with tiny populations, it doesn't really work out that well without a big enough market, you can make quests give 10-50 times more money but that also breaks the balance in the end.

Yeah I know that, make it so you'd need to grind a bit to get some p2w stuff, and you're right I don't know anything about this game but I wouldn't exclude all p2w items for real money.
Would anyone object for having the option to make small monthly donations to help the server cost in exchange for small benefits?

Costumes, name changes and similar shit that dont ruin the game are the only thing i will accept on a private server. But you should focus on creating a stable server with players before you worry about money

runesofmagic.gamepedia.com/Runes

But the class system are cool and is the main feature (as well as the rune system) that sets the game apart from WoW
runesofmagic.gamepedia.com/Elite_Skills

I don't know, it's just an idea, do you or anyone else have a better suggest to help cover server costs? or do you all just want me to pay for it all?
I wouldn't mind but I don't know what's the going rate for hosting a server for this game.

Just pointing out the whole donation for 'small benefits' is the start of a narrow, dark path.

Also, you don't want to rent a server to host a MMO to play with Holla Forums for a month before everyone just fucks off, that's an awful idea, people who hosts servers (D2, FFXI, etc) usually have one laying around they can use so it costs them nothing, or just have the cash to not give a fuck and requiring a piggy bank for it.

We usually just crash in other private servers since it's easier and you'll get to bully and play with the normalfags that way for additional interaction.

I can agree with that.
Good idea, but this thread was just to get other's opinions and see if people were curious in playing with each other without much of the grind and none of the pay2win shit.

[palm rubbing intensifies] is usually what ruins most private servers before they even launch so I'll take advice from and talk about it after hosting it.

Problem is there isn't that many private server threads for Holla Forums or the ones they're willing to invade, or am I browsing the wrong board/website?

On a side note i would highly perfer a Dungeon Runners private server or a Mythos private server. I had a lot of fun playing those games today and both games were way better than other shitty MMOARPGs like MU Legend today.

MMOs are mostly shit so most anons just don't bother with the genre or just get their regular fix on their own.
Since MMOs require huge times long term investments and Holla Forums usually just gets bored and fuck off to play better games there are good reasons you hardly get "hey Holla Forums lets play this MMO together" and instead you get weekly game nights playing shit like Halo or Sven Co-op.

I'd rather play Runes of Scape.

The graphics is on lowest and the game came out in 2009. I dont think the graphics are bad for a 2009 game
youtube.com/watch?v=v1ftSo8pt0E

nah

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES
ALONG WITH ALL OTHER MMOS

i showed it to my friend years ago because i was alone in it and wanted to play with someone, he bursted out in laughter when he saw the critical animation of the club weapon.

other than that i know its an extremely generic wow clone