Just finished this game. What a fucking pile. I'm normally a huge Remedy fan, both Max Payne and Alan Wake, but this...

Just finished this game. What a fucking pile. I'm normally a huge Remedy fan, both Max Payne and Alan Wake, but this? This game was just awful.

I played on hard and found the whole game piss easy, except for the final boss, who was punishingly difficult for all the wrong reasons. Mostly being that he would constantly throw out one hit kill attacks that were poorly telegraphed (He made an area glow kinda red for a moment. If you were hurt though your screen is entirely tinted red, meaning good fucking luck spotting the little glow and dodging). The powers of the game are uninteresting, the game play is mediocre, which is especially painful considering Max Payne. Seriously, why is the gun play in this game so fucking bad compared to Max Payne? The weapons suck too.

The story is just bad. It's really bad. They end the game on a bunch of cliffhangers and sequel bait when they're already having trouble getting Alan Wake funded for a sequel. The characters are shallow and uninteresting. The live action stuff is just a total waste of your fucking time and the only original part of the whole story is their attempt to do a 'hard sci-fi' spin on the 'time travel' story, when ends up making time travel less, not more interesting, because you can't change the past at all, so traveling through time is fucking pointless, you might as well just sit on your ass and let things play out, because any attempt to do anything will just make time play it the way it did in the first place, so why fucking bother. You are just going around, murdering dozens and dozens of people to accomplish absolutely fuck all.

Seriously, what the hell Remedy? Was this like your B Team? Did you just not give a shit on this one? The only way I could tell this was you guys was because of the art direction and the Alan Wake references. Otherwise, there is nothing 'Remedy' about this game. What a fucking pile.

So mad I can't even type, post is littered with typos. Point is, Quantum Break sucks. Fail Remedy.

I am with you except I didn't finish the pile of shit and dropped it after the Gala level.

It didn't fly so good

I guess this studio's situation needs to be remedied

This game is the epitome of what they originally intended with the Xbone.

TV TV TV AND MOVIES TV EXPERIENCE TV

Is Microsoft why this game sucks? I'd like to think so as a Remedy fanboy, but I'm objective enough to realize that a lot of things that fell flat were done in other games. Random TVs/Radios with quirky side story, extra narrative stuff in little notes and stuff, there is a lot of things here that Remedy did before. The occasional surreal job at the fourth wall, though far less often then before.

The issue is, that they all utterly lack any of the charm they had in Max Payne or Alan Wake. It just felt…rushed. Slapped together. Like they did out of obligation, not out of any passion or love. Say what you want about Max Payne and Alan Wake, you can feel the passion of the dev team oozing from the game. They loved making those games. Quantum Break just completely lacks that. It feels phoned in. The only people who seemed to put in any effort, surprisingly, were the actors. In general, they gave fairly decent performances when I would've expected them to utterly phone it in for this type of project.

Instead, the actors seemed to actually try while the Devs didn't. It's baffling.

This was a contract work for Microsoft. The devs did not particularly like working on it, thought that the TV show segments were nifty but it was too demanded by MS because Xbone at the time was about TV and SPORTS.
Also they call it Xbone at work.
t.finn

In addition - they had to cut all the gameplay with the supernatural and weird things for reasons. The main character got actor change thanks to MS too.

The gunplay is pretty good though.

WHO PAID YOU TO PLAY THIS FUCKING PILE?

I was considering trying it out just for benchmark reasons.

Probably it's because the pistol is a .45 and the rifle is a colt 9mm smg.

SMGs aren't Rifles m8

this is not inherently bad thing, if pistols never did more damage than rifles they would be 100% fucking useless, and in games without arbitrary primary/secondary systems that's bad unless ammo is much more common for the pistol

Well congratualions, you got this game beat.

Now what's the next step of your master plan?

How about the fact that its a sidearm with infinite ammo in a game where you can only have two other weapons with a pathetic ammo pool?
Just for reference, Dumping a full magazine(30 bullets) into an enemy from either a SMG or a rifle won't kill them but 8 shots from the pistol will.
Its retarded to the point where if you are even using a rifle/SMG class weapon you're wasting your time.
The only exception to this is the sniper rifle which takes the shotgun slot anyway which means its not even considered a rifle by the game.

just kidding bruv

From my playthrough, the SMG's did less damage than the base pistol, but the assault rifles do more.

Remedy's last decent game came out in 2003. If you didn't learn they went massively downhill when Alan Wake came out, you're fucking retarded.

If this game get's a sequel before Alan Wake, I'm going to seriously lose my shit. We won't even get to have CIA in the next one, unless he's a weird time monster thing. Which they teased for the whole fucking game and you never fought one. Ever. Fucking why?