.exe games

are those spooky .exe games we had years ago dead now?

Other urls found in this thread:

8agdg.wikidot.com/local--files/rouge-commander/rcmdr.exe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

About as dead as this thread, bud.
Check these dubs.

Roll.exe is best girl

.exe is for six year olds to watch on youtube now.

That will never not make me bust a gut laughing, I swear.
Every time I read that in some shittypasta I know I'm in for a wild ride.

Go back to newgrounds.

Slenderman is getting a movie, get hype anons xD

Columbia Tristar will make an SCP movie next.

Marblehornets was enough. Who even gives a shit about slenderman anymore? Hollywood is dumb as shit and always late to the party.

Why must people ruin everything?

It saddens me the guy who created Slenderman never tried to cash in on it, legally he would own the rights but instead he willingly lets other people use his IP.

Jews aren’t people, user.

Do you honestly believe slenderman would have gotten that popular if it had been copyrighted from the start?

You mean Mike Stoklasa?

lostboy

But anything you create (with exceptions like ideas or systems of operation, the latter can be patented though) gets automatically copyrighted as per § 102 of the Copyright Act.

And it becomes public domain if the copyright holder doesn't attempt to enforce his right to it. So whoever came up with him has long since lost any claim to it.

Yes, which is why I said

Speaking of iCarly, Gibby does some pretty interesting thing these days.

Creepypasta development doesn't typically work that way they it's almost always a creepy photo or story then some other guy comes along a refines it into something else. The guy who first made Slenderman just made a creep photo via photoshop then another guy comes along and slaps some creepypasta on it. Then you've got every other guy coming in and using the photo with the creepypasta for their own made up stories until someone throws a new OC donut in the mix then it starts to escalate into stupid.

I hope you mean .swf because you are getting hacked anyway

>game literally has trigger warnings before it, thus ruining any sense of tension or surprise it could have possibly had This is the reason I predicted Doki Doki's "true nature" as fast as I did, as if my friend's constant giggling as I played it didn't give it away already

I think .exe games are doneso m8. Unless you're only interested in your 15 minutes of fame by shilling them to Jewtubers like SomeOrdinaryGamers or your Pewdiesceptipliers, then no. Your game's not going anywhere big. Hell, a horror game with .exe in the title is like any game with "[Thing] Simulator" as the title. You already know what you're getting before you even bother with it.

Not all of them. Mine wasn't.

I still don't understand what's so spooky about the "executable" file extension.

The answer is simple. Extremely fucking stupid, but simple. Ever since creepypastos became common to the mainstream, normalfags got introduced to trash like SONIC.EXE and it's millions of knockoffs. Turns out that because of all of those .exe pastas, computer illiterate normalfags and children actually associated ".exe" with "haunted game." I actually had a niece run up to me saying that her pirated copy of Minecraft was haunted because the shortcut was minecraft.exe. She genuinely thought ".exe" meant it was haunted or evil. Trying to explain that .exe is just the executable didn't do shit so I had to "get her a normal copy" by just changing the shortcut's name while she wasn't looking. She also genuinely thinks that Slenderman is real. Creepypasta fans are just retarded that way I guess. The .exe nonsense is entirely perpetuated by superstitious underages who can't tell the difference between "21pilots.mp3" and "21pilots.exe."

Unless you were asking why there are so many .exe games in which case the answer is just copycats trying to ride off the coattails of SONIC.EXE's popularity. It happens all the time with shitty spookypastas like all of those "Jeff the Killer" clones and "Squidward's Suicide/suicidemouse.avi" wannabes.

It was the first part,I was wondering about, I know that anything remotely popular will spawn a billion copycats, but god damn, people don't even do basic research.
Maybe I put out a free game .exe simulator it will be Visual Basic

ITS AN EXECUTABLE FILE SO IT WILL KILL YOU

Yes, it's over now.

The only .exe game that was any good was pacman.exe

What about Supergimmick?

You mean .execute?

I am still genuinely confused as to what the OP picture is. That's the Dragon Age lady, yeah?

.EXEs are the most kawaii file extensions.

there are .exe files in your computer RIGHT NOW

Jokes on you I'm on Linux.

Nope.

It's coming from inside the computer!

That's the real spoop right here.

KING KONG

IF YOU HEAR ME 'FORE YOU SEE ME

Now that were the days.

user THOSE VIRUSES ARE MAKING THE COMPUTER GO SLOW

what the fuck, he's aged faster than me

with .exe games people actually mean playing games which don't require install and are small in size

back to reddit with your shit

These were mostly the vidya version of "lost episodes" to the point they were exploited until they stopped being any spooky.
I liked 3.exe though.

There is a skeleton inside you RIGHT NOW

churchill said it best

Your image reminds me: how come in the entire time we've had webms with sound, has not a single one of us made a screamer webm? It seems like a perfect ruse to play on anons, especially since quite a few of us like to browse very late at night. Are screamers a line that anons will not cross or has no one genuinely thought of that until now? Closest I ever got were people posting that one spooky HE webm that ended in a screamer, though I doubt that one counts since the jumpscare is built up the whole time.

That's definition "ruining a good thing for everyone"

For content to stick around on anonymous shitposting boards, people have to keep reposting it. Screamers' aren't the kind of content that people want to repost.

Why isnt the movie called Marble Hornets?

IIRC, WebM screamers was a big issues on Cuckchan when it first added the support.

Because we let homosexuals post. They even made half of our boards.

Screamers aren't in fashion anymore. They're like Rick Rolling at this point.

I Made a ".exe" game once, but it is not a scary game.

8agdg.wikidot.com/local--files/rouge-commander/rcmdr.exe

Screamers were never in fashion you mongoloid.
Rickrolling got popular because it aroused an "Oh you got me haha" reaction in people, whereas screamers were always about traumatising underages, and triggering sissies before "triggers" were a thing the lefties seized from war veterans.

speaking of small horror games what was that game where you explore a well with flashight but the light attracts monsters?

Because they were the primordial form of the jumpscare and jumpscares have run thin from overuse. Besides, everyone that experienced the original wave of screamers already knows how to spot one.

1) because we're tired of jumpscares
2) because it ruins already shitty webm threads
3) because it's CY+3 and what are you,
4) ?
5) PROFIT!

the cunt lied

We make the best .exe games, don't we folks? What is it that makes us anons great at .exe games? any examples?

Also, holy fuck has it been a long time since i've ever been genuinely scared by creepypastas.

We're not niggers, user.

No one cares about Marble Hornets, everymanhybrid, or the actual shit that built it all into meme status. This will all be about spooky skinny tentacle suit man and im telling you now there will not even be a masked bastard working with him.
The only thing that surprises me hete is that this beat FNAF cinematic universe out the gate.

What was the name of that malware game a guy on halfchan mad3 years ago? There were threads for a while after where he would mess with the idiots he infected.

That's adorable

Now open the Virus Chest

lostboy?

I remember that shit, does any one have the archive to the thread?
God, I miss those days.

Either that or Sad Satan

ayo hol up

Here, user, I got you covered.

We also got that whole Channel Zero series The first season was alright for a b-horror type of series

W-what d-did he mean by this?

Oh right, this was the series that adapted Candle Cove, right?
Burger cinematography will always run into the same pitfalls.

Remember how someone ratted that user out when pewdiepie was about to install it? yeah, I remember.

People here seem very agains it, you know what that means.
DO IT.

I can't find it anymore but back when we played a game called "Walking" we made a lot of webms, anyone got them anymore? I can't find it.

I haven't exactly made a screamer but there's this one webm I've made that's damaged at least one user's headphones because they had it on max volume. It still gets regularly posted in webm threads too.

I mean not that they could have done it much better to be honest. I think they picked a bad creepypasta to adapt, Candle Cove doesn't work as well as a traditional story.

I remember really early on in webm threads there was a MGR:R webm which claimed to be one of the songs and when you clicked it I played a fucking rick roll and everyone lost their fucking shit

New meme.

Man, I really wish the kemono friends.exe game didn't turn into literally Undertale at the end, because it's actually pretty good up until that point.

Sure, from the outset it was picking something that worked on imitating a thread and transposed it to a real setting. It was always going to add fluff. Thing is, said fluff could have been literally anything else than

The horror

If I was Dan the Man, I would have made that a thing on iCarly then fucked them backstage while in costume.

Actually looks like a decent webm too, should probably give it a more miss leading thumbnail though.

I honestly don't remember anything about either one besides the name