What's even the name of this port, BTW?

After a lot of consideration, I've come to realise the controllers I like the best are the Super Nintendo one and the Wii Classic controller.
So I've decided to buy a couple of Classic SNES controllers for my emulation of old games and go with my Wii Classics for old games that need sticks. Fortunately those have the same port.
So my question is, what adaptor is good for those controllers? I mean, I bet there are plenty of USB adapters, but some of them surely suck.
Have any experience with them? Good wireless ones some where?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Mayflash-Wii-Classic-Controller-Adapter/dp/B0089O4EB0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448865988&sr=8-1&keywords=Wii Classic Controller Adapter for PC
ebay.com/itm/Official-OEM-Nintendo-Wii-U-GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Super-Smash-Brothers/222790082588?hash=item33df52e01c:g:K~0AAOSwIspaUsn-:sc:USPSFirstClass!92201!US!-1
wish.com/m?time=1515725181237
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You could buy actual SNES controllers and an adapter for that, you know.

SNES controllers are getting old. I take very good care of mine and still they're kinda stiff here and there.
I've tried the ones that come with the SNES Mini and they're identical, so it makes sense to buy new ones.
Also, forgot to mention I have some Arcade sticks I bought during the Wii era, and I wanna use those too. I'm trying to keep around only the things I'll be using and keep the adaptors, controllers and junk I don't really use in a closet somewhere.

I remember the triggers being spongy, eitherwise would be pretty good for a nintendo controller.

In my research, Raphnet Technologies makes quality adapters for a ton of consoles. I originally discovered them during my search for a low-lag Saturn to USB adapter, but those have been out of stock for years.

google for mayflash wii to pc adapter, i've heard good things about them

Is there a reason you wouldn't use a mayflash adapter for everything? They make one for classic controllers.

I think it's just some proprietary Nintendo port.

I used a PC adapter with two Wii classic controllers for a while. They're pretty good, but lack analog triggers or clickly joystick buttons. They fell short for many use cases so I switched to some DS4 controllers.

This is a 6 Pin fast I2C (400kHz) (Slave Adress 0x52) Wiimote (also called Wii Remote) Expansion Port male connector or just called Wii Connector in short.
Pin Numbering:
1 3.3V
2 SCL (400kHz)
3 Device Detect / Internal 3.3V
4 Not Connected
5 SDA
6 Ground

I'm not sure I know what those be. Explain?

Mayflash is a company that makes a lot of emulation accessory hardware. I personally own a 4 port gamecube controller to USB port that works with PC or Wii U (haven't tested that though) and a Dolphinbar, a WiiMote Bluetooth receiver and IR sensorbar combo.

Both of them work very well and I have owned them for years. Not sure exactly which product of theirs he's referring to, but whatever it is, I'm sure it works well. Search Amazon for "mayflash classic controller adapter" and if there's a product available it should pop up

I use this one. Pretty much everything you need to know is in

Woops forgot link.

amazon.com/Mayflash-Wii-Classic-Controller-Adapter/dp/B0089O4EB0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448865988&sr=8-1&keywords=Wii Classic Controller Adapter for PC

I own a couple of Mayflash analog adapters for PC video that i could not get anywhere else and they work well, these adapters are really useful for my emulation on CRT setup, they re a good company to be around

Looks good.
Not wireless, though.

I like the GameCube one better tbh
ebay.com/itm/Official-OEM-Nintendo-Wii-U-GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Super-Smash-Brothers/222790082588?hash=item33df52e01c:g:K~0AAOSwIspaUsn-:sc:USPSFirstClass!92201!US!-1

Here is a third party one in case you don't give a damn about the bloated price
wish.com/m?time=1515725181237
If any anons want one, then I'll buy you the second one.

Faggot shit.

I don't like the D-Pad, though.
But yes, it is a good controller. I still use my WaveBird, and yes I do have cool adaptors for it. Awesome little thing to this day.

Got a wavebird recently, piece of shit was dirty as fuck (shitty amazon sellers) but functional. No receiver though, was 25$, gonna look for a receiver later.
I've always wanted a wavebird, glad I got it either ways.

I assume you're speaking more about using controllers with your PC for emulation, but if you specifically mean use with the Wii (which does have ports of various emulators), there used to be this third party SNES-to-Wii adaptor which I heard good stuff about in the past; unfortunately it's been discontinued and I'm not sure how much of an aftermarket they have at this point, if any. There was also a Horii SNES styled Gamecube controller back in sixth gen, which I would assume would also work with the Wii, but it was only released in Japan, and last time I saw an imported one locally it was like $80.

Yeah, I meant mostly for PC. As I said, original SNES controllers are getting old.
Sadly. But since they're making new ones, I wanna play with those.

Wii Accessory Port

Hey, you ain't lying!
You're a true friend.

Well, whoever wants and can emu their games will anyway.

Kinda like their policy with screws, too.

You mean using the idiot child but literally anyone who works with that kind of thing has a screwdriver screws?

Nice job, based electronics autist. Proud of you.

More.

Bit of trivia for you all:

When IEEE was trying to come up with a connector for firewire (1394 or whatever), they actually took massive inspiration - per one of its core engineers - from the Gameboy Link cable. That cable was actually the first mass-produced data cable in the world which had the delicate spring contacts inside of the less-expensive cable instead of the device, as opposed something like an RJ45 or USB A port where over time the connection will become less and less secure due to mechanical wear, with an end user having to replace their device rather than the cable to get that secure connection back.

I personally think OP's connector is a very good one - the layout is large (not an issue for non-portable/home-based devices) looks easy to manufacture, is highly tactile, and asymmetrical.

Fuck, all wavebirds are overpriced as shit. That's what happens when Nintendo is sued I assume.