Best Final Fantasy coming to PC

And its getting all the added benefits on being on PC too.
Too bad I have a toaster

gematsu.com/2018/01/final-fantasy-xii-zodiac-age-coming-pc-via-steam-february-1
archive.is/6r6DB

Also Final Fanstasy thread I guess.

THIS ISN'T CRYSTAL CHRONICLES
GOD, OP. I FUCKING HATE YOU.

It also has fuckin denuvo so it's dead before it even arrived. fuckin emulate the PS2 version with the patch so you get the same exact thing

But muh effect capacity for all those spells that were completely fucking useless.

You could emulate fft just fine for years now

Steampunks or CPY will just bypass it/crack it so denuvo isn't that big of a deal anymore. Once the pirated copy is playable I'll get it but until then I have a ton more games to go through.

Neitehr have shown signs of life since October, none of the v4.7 games have been cracked outside of the one Unity based game.
Not saying it's never happening but you're not getting it as soon as you might think you will.

It already is on PC though

A Steam port is not a PC port.

It wasnt the game version, it was the fact that Denuvo got BTFO so hard they actually paid said groups to stop much like they paif 3DM to stop.
Their PR is even worse than Starforce and even normalfags hate their fucking shit.

????

Next you'll say that PCs aren't consoles either.

Nice bait.

Does the patch fix the limit breaks so that they dont run at a silky smooth 5 fps anymore? That was the only flaw I found with the emulated version. I'd rather just pirate this new version since there will apparently be more content and hopefully it should run fine on my toaster.

kys user
I tried playing FF13 years ago and tried so hard to find any good out of that game, I tried to find ANY semblance of enjoyment, but there was fucking none. 60 hours of my life wasted because of that piece of shit. I am not even going to touch FF15 which I own because my brother bought it after playing that filth.

How in the mother of fuck did you manage to spend 60 hours in 13? The game is absolutely barren.

Its a bunch of actual corridors until chapter 10, then it becomes a grinding simulator.

OP is always a retard.

How does it play like an MMO? Because it plays like a turn based game with customizeable AI.

It's worth it just for her.

You don't even know what you're talking about do you?

It plays like one because many items in the game can't be acquired except through random chance. And many other items require grinding enemies for a ridiculous amount of time. The retarded distribution doesn't of what drops what didn't help. For example to build one of the best weapons in the game requires an item that drops off a semi-hidden enemy in one of the beginning areas.

ADDENDUM: Lets not forget the secret bosses that take hours to kill.

Because FFXI didn't exist before FXII.
After XII what we got?, hallways and hour long Cutscenes with shallow pretty boys and girls..

It didn't even take me a day to max out the sparky level up grid.

Final Fantasy was about exploration of wide open areas, what the fuck are you smoking?
They are both shit.

That's what i'm saying, X and VII being the most well regarded were corridor after corridor, that's not what FF is about, FXII broke the formula that hanged around since V.

You can already play FF12 IZJS edition in PCSX2 or whatever PS2 emulator you use, and it runs flawlessly. As far as I can tell, they didn't really add anything of significance between the IZJS release and the Zodiac Age re-release. They've both got the fast-forward mode, the zodiac job boards instead of the default sphere grids, and all that good stuff.
Why play it for money when you can play it for free?

I wish they would put FF:CC multiplayer on a new system, or My Life as a King on PC

but muh cheevos and steam cards!

pick one

Yes, because it's the least shit offline MMO in the franchise.

FFXII had the most interesting and fun combat system out of all of the mainline FF games and had the same kinda abilities and spells you would find in the other games. The gambit system was a wonder to use too. It was amazing and didnt go full retard like FFXIII. If you just dismiss it as MMO combat you are either trying to bait me, wrong or just plain retarded.

Why no ff8 remake?

WEW
Check these fuckin' dubs, boi.

If I could just get a mod to remove that shitty class system it would be 10/10

If you're going to use shit taste as bait, don't do it in such an exaggerated amount.

Oh boy, day 1 pirate.

But that's not Dissidia 012.

Were the other FF ports moddable at all? Like even if it were a simple model swap

I'd love to have Moogles replace Viera

FF7 and 8 have mods and shit. Dunno about the rest.

As far as I know, LR never got a mod to give Lightning a decent ass, which I would think would be done as soon as possible, were it possible at all.

If I liked Vagrant Story, will I like FF12?

Best….
How and why people like this game?
actual question

The battle system is actually fun. You just have to complete the game to unlock it and even then you only get to fully use it against 2 super bosses.

The combat has nothing to do with it being like an MMO.

The Lightning Returns port is so god awful I don't think any self respecting modder, or even the paid shill ones, ever bothered.

Fuck oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooff.

How is that guilty gear multiplayer going for you?

so you played a jrpg?

Can't wait to pirate it.

yep, FF 9 HD is already on PC

or remastered, not sure if its HD

>I'M CAPTAIN BASCH XII
Wew, that game was pure wasted potential, a fine setting such as Ivalice wasted on a bland story, an uninteresting androgynous faggy protagonist and an all human party when you have all those interesting races (except for Fran who TOTALLY wasn't human guise) to work from. I couldn't care less about this announcement, already played this game years ago and i'm currently too busy playing actually good games.

. . . unless you count most of the games in the series
even then 12 was wide open areas by your definition, so what you bitching about
(you)

You actually like FFXI? Isn't that a fucking MMO?

incorrect
hmmmm

Solid pass.

heh, get some patience kid

(You)

The games has a very nice world, and the combat system with the exception of the spell/ability queuing is quite good. The combat system also features a sort of instruction set you can give your AI partners so that you don't have to micromanage so much. It focuses on commands, and priorities. Higher up commands are given greater priority. Negatives include some areas being to large, and too bland, horrible mini-games, MMO tier grinding/gathering, and a story that had potential but ultimately falls flat. Speaking of the story it becomes very obvious they were massive changes made likely very late in development, as none of the characters are fleshed out very much. This game can be described as having many good things executed very badly. Fran is best girl.

This is nothing new

Realtalk, I'd get FFT: WotL on Steam just for the multiplayer.

I can't hear you over all those dicks in your mouth. Speak up.

Pic related.

We can dream, user.

I'd pay full price for a FFT remake with extended story lines for the story characters that didn't make it into the original. It would need to have an option for the original translation though. Fuck that ye olde english shit.

Has Balthier taken his rightful place as MC yet?

>he wants a (((remaster)))

hello reddit

cool, I really enjoyed XII, but then, I'm a sucker for decent mmo's and this was an offline mmo that played out like a fantasy Star Wars…. also, Fran was a qt.

Between this and the DaS remaster I might just have a fun little year. It's sad that I really only get excited for pc releases of old vidya any more.

I wish you would be quiet and you are also incorrect . seriously lurk more

I played the ps2 version 3 times already. The PC version will fix the fps drops during LB and change mechanics that only existed because of the outdated hardware, for example the spellqueue system will be gone which changes completely what setups you can run from the ps2 version.

Fran is delicious as were any of the Viera.

I know you're playing me, but ff13-2 is actually pretty fucking good. I did not go in expecting Chrono Break

Everyone loves chocolate bunnies, especially around easter.

That's a weird way of spelling Final Fantasy Tactics

ff6, 7 and 8 have long been available on PC?

FF always did bullshit like this no matter what entry. In FFX-2 you couldn't reach 100% clear status if at the very start 1min into the game you didn't talk to the blue bartender and went to lie in the bed upstairs even though that impacted the game jack shit. I reasoned it's to sell guides.

I stayed around viera all the time and was always distracted by them.

Literally the only reason I care about FFXII at all. Otherwise it was incredibly forgettable. Just a boring and bland story and characters, at least on the playable side.

FFXII does not play like an MMO, it uses the ATB system seen in the previous entries but in a 3D environment and allows you to pause to queue commands.
There are no hotbars, you can actually move while attacking and your gauge fills up, and you can customise the party AI through gambits.

Xenoblade acts far more like an MMO than FFXII does and everyone here is sucking XBC2's dick despite it being a terrible game.
XII has some of the best worldbuilding the entire series has seen, a very subtle plot that's not overly anime (muh you're the great hero of the world).
The user who complained about item drop rates clearly never played the game or was too retarded to understand how chaining works as if you kill the same type of enemy again and again the drop rates, quantities and qualities improve dramatically.

XII has a plethora of content and a beautiful soundtrack.
That being said why the fuck would you buy it on PC when it flopped on PS4 and is now dirt cheap? I picked up a copy of Zodiac Age for £15 and i'm sure I could have found it cheaper if I looked.

Also the Ivalice world has the best races of any FF game, though I admit the Tactics games give them a lot more charm and personality.

Oh yeah. How about the zodiac spear? It's obtained from a certain container in a high level level area IF and only IF you have not opened other specific containers in four different locations two of which are located in starting areas. So of course you will open them, and you will not get the item. You can obtain the spear in another area, but only from a container that has a 25% chance of appearing when you zone in, and it's still a one in one thousand chance. You can use a glitch to break the RNG though to get it, but that's because of shitty programming.

It's also not really worth the effort at all. A holy spear with a white robe and hat do more, or around the same, damage and allow you to heal yourself. Best part, you can just buy that shit from a store.

This. Game would have been much better if you could play as the empire.

It also would have been much better if the viera were naked. What's your point?

enjoyed the hell of that to bad i never finished it stop playing after cid battle and escaping didn't remember where to go also was trying to get the primals which were really really hard to get etc.
still actually have a working ps2 and save file and copy of the game but i guess it be better to start over.
but it also has drm so wait for crack really

Oh good the marketers are here.

Get fucked, this place doesn't get enough traffic to warrant paying people to astroturf here and you know it.

Omega is starting to look like the fucking Macho Man crossed with Penn Jillette.

You stick out like a sore thumb. FF12 has the most grinding of any of the other titles because of the ridiculously low drop rate of some items. This is not even counting the absurd amount of grinding that it takes to get items like grand armor/helm without using an exploit. You're also the idiot buying his games.

Why can't I get into this franchise? I tried playing FF 1-6 but I always lose interest early on and drop the game…

You play those games for the story and the characters.

the only two that have any story are 4 and 6 and 4 is not a good game

Wait for the FF7 remake, bru

Not disputing that. But outside of story and characters, I can't think of a reason to play those games.

Do you guys actually bother playing a videogame before you complain about it? Anything that can't be won by battle chains isn't needed.
There are a few outlier cases with very rare items that have a retarded requirement but you don't need to get those items… You can beat the game and do a lot of the optional content without them, and beat it easily at that.
Hell you can get far in the story without having seriously upgraded your gear at all, and only occasionally picking up new items. So arguing about the drop rate of a select few items you don't need is a moot point.

Any rare drops won through battle chaining are easy game given you can increase the speed of the game to x4 and plow through areas and monsters at a stupid rate. This also makes grinding a lot easier than any of the other FF games.

The battle chain isn't necessary. Why not just increase the drop rate, and in the case of something like wolf's throat's blood you will still be killing hundreds to get a few. Ball's in you're court mister marketer.

Why not give that item to you in the first place?
Why don't you start at max level with all gambit anyway?

What are you talking about, only those 2 games have a story?
What about 7? what about 9? what about 10?
gtfo with that bullshit elitism, and why the fuck would it even be an elitist opinion? What's so damn special about 4 and 6? I'm not even claiming the others are better or anything, but to say only those 2 games have a story is retarded. Have you ever even played the OG Final Fantasy on the NES? You nostalgiafags, man. I swear…

Overrated game that's over before it gets started and without regularly sold pots which you will have to work for. Good ass game though.

It apparently wasn't a WoW knockoff so anyone who enjoyed MMOs before they became tainted would likely be happy with that.

Huge ass understatement when it's compared to what it could have been.

Excalibur II never ever…

It plays like an MMO, just not a Korean or Blizzard MMO.

Having large areas and mobs that roam the map isn't MMO features you schlong swallowing goblin.
Its a mechanic that has existed in RPG's for years before and having tight claustrophobic areas to fight enemies isn't a characteristic of RPG's.

They literally added a turbo speed button because the areas are too large for a single player game.

You're full of shit, its to grind drops which would be the opposite of a wow MMO where they give incentive TOO GRIND.
Top tier tard.

Christ you FF apologists are insufferable. Anyone states anything negative about your golden calf, and you have to shit up a thread.

that fucker from square was right about everything he posted. I wish I copied everything he said.

It was like 2 years ago he side every FF will come to pc. even said FF15 will well before it even came out.

he said (at the time) there are no plans for KH to be ported to pc though

5, 7 and 8 don't really have an overarching story, it's more along the lines of "stuff happens, you react". Very episodic chain of events instead of having a clear cut goal from the start. I only played 9 once when it came out and forgot most of the story except monkeys from space and evil fat queen, so no comment on that one. 10 also has a story, like 4-5-6.

What was the original idea again? All I know is more Balthier and Vaan didn't exist.

That's a story, dummy.

How does that mean they're not stories?

I think there was supposed be like 8 kingdoms you move through and around 16 characters.

Originally Basch was going to be the main character. Remember when vaan runs around town saying "I'm Basch." instead of Basch himself? Vaan was put in to appeal to the fujoshi crowd like always.

How does that not also apply to the other games? I wouldn't say the goal is clear from the start for any of them past 2.

FFXV got ruined anyway, you can have it.

Is that why his backstory is so well fleshed out and the entire story revolves around him? Huh. Crazy.
The fujo menace must be stopped.

Well like I said, it's more along the lines of having an overarching plot, a clear reason to get things moving and keep them moving. 4 has the kingdom gathering crystals and Golbez fucking shit up. 5 has the crystals breaking and the power of the elements fading. 6 has the empire taking over the world and quite literally poised to attack. On the other hand, 7 is just "save the planet" with no clear reason behind it; hell the clashes with Shinra are instigated by Avalanche. Once you leave Midgar, the story more or less becomes about following Sephiroth from town to town. In 8 you're a soldier going on missions and sorceresses are bad and stuff. And 10 has a clear goal of stopping Sin by going on a pilgrimage.

Loli Penelo would make the game better

Nobody fucking wants XV now since they murdered it.

I don't even care about the game that much last time I played it was when I was a kid and never got past the phoenix boss.

I'm just pointing out the complaints and criticism you fags are using are objectively wrong.

Nigger.

They just have the story unravel as you go along instead of starting it off at a 10 with you in the heat of things; it shows what they were like before and with FFIX and FFVIII having the main characters profession being the thing that leads them into the story.

I hope FFVII Remake can say the same.

FF will never have lolis again and I'm willing to bet the potato race will be damned to only MMOs unless a new Tactics ever happens.

Potatoes aren't good lolis anyway, they are ugly.

WHY DID NOMURA EVEN FUCKING ALLOW IT TO HAPPEN? FFvsXIII was looking GOOD around 2011/2012. What the hell?

Nomura got fucked and was moved from the project, Gackt got assmad about it and fucked off from whatever he was doing with them.

The entire company turned into another indistinguishable AAA shithouse in 2013 when LR,ARR,ATB and whatever the fuck they called the Tomb Raider reboot came out. As bad as they used to be they at least tended to not fill everything with nickle&diming DLC.

Square Enix had no idea what they were doing making HD games and FF13 flopped so they canned the entire Fabula Nova Crystalis concept.

They didn't have much of an idea what they were doing with SD ones either.

>why the fuck is this serah chick such a big deal and why does she look like a pink version of that chick from bible black
FFS TORIYAMA
YOUR WAIFU REALLY IS SHIT
And i'm hoping that SE is starting to realize that too

Are you guys blind? Vaan is a side character who watches Baltier, the real main character.

I remember that guy, I saved his post but my HDD burned up and I lost most of my shit from 2014-2015 and from 2016 including.
It wasa huge fuvking leak and he was right in almost everything, I think the dates were out of place though.

Also, Final Fucboi XV has Mod Support out of the box on PC, they actually delivered.

I really liked the dialogue in XII. The chocobos were also top tier, though the power on a lot of the espers was a bit disappointing. One of the few "recent" FFs that I enjoyed playing tactician in.

that's a pretty good way of putting it.
Don't forget the recycled Uematsu soundtrack with no original tracks from him.

maybe you should read the board rules before posting next time,seriously take your own advice

it's sad that the best ff is not even part of the main series. besides, ff is just a poor man's dq when you can read jap and not rely on the shitty translations of the west.

DQ is just a poor mans Ultima

DQ is boredom incarnate, it's genericism brought up to 11, it is the apotheosis of cliché.

Or wait for the crack

What garbage are you sprouting OP?

It's unfinished. The director left halfway through development so a bunch of rubes stitched together the second half. It's literally fan fiction.

It is Final Fantasy

You should kill yourselves. FF12 is the best final fantasy. And it plays amazing because its not made like your usual jrpg.

Define plays like an MMO please.
There was a bit of pretty good side content here and there but it wasnt xenoblade chronicles tier where you were pretty much the slave of every other person in the game and without that EXP from sidequests, you would be too weak to do the main missions and be forced to grind.
In FFXII can't you just play through the main storyline like any other jrpg? Or am I getting your definition wrong?

Its pretty good for a finished product, at least it didnt get raped and mutilated like FFXV.