BLOOP

BLOOP

Samefag

I was there when it ended. I still mourn the loss of an XFire-like service that isn't tied to a fucking game retailer.

Fuck

delete your account.

I'm honestly amazed that you managed to embed a jewtube link.

Do you think I'm OP for some reason? Too retarded to believe two people can share an interest in the same topic?

It was more of a tool to setup games with your friends. Or at least that's how I used it anyway. It's nice knowing when a friend has a game started up. Other than that it's just an instant messager that can overlay on a lot of games.

I miss Xfire.

It acted as a server browser for games that didn't have proper server browsers or support had died for them.
It also made setting coordinating and setting up games with people a lot less hassle.
If you never used xfire at any point you were either a stubborn fool or you're someone that never played online before the mid 2000's.

Xfire was much more than just the social stuff.

I literally never used it for social stuff, I just wanted to browse servers and have an ingame overlay.

oh man

RIP Sweet Prince
RIP Bosnian COD2 servers that were only alive because they showed up under B on Xfire's browser

Jesus Christ, now that I think about it, Xfire going the way of the dodo more or less killed the remaining COD4 playerbase.

this tbh

newfags don't know bout my xfire clan

I guess they're using something like GameRanger now. I haven't played cod4 in ages but there seem to be quite many servers still up.

Why the fuck did they shut it down anyway? Did it make no shekels at all?

I just never played with people tbh.

Im glad i saved my screenshots, bc/early wtlk. I think i havent saved my playtime page tho, even as screenshot, what a shame

Yeah certain content makes all the autists sperg out like this. I guess xfire joins that list then.

RIP xfire

It's more like BLRLRLRUP

This cuckchan did not know about the IDs and replied to himself twice.

What makes you think he replied to himself? Looks like he added two more posts to his thread.

Mein neger.

So what replaced Xfire? It can't be Steam, that doesn't track hours,screenshots etc of non Steam games

I'm glad all this shit is dead.

Pretty much. Near the end of it, after MTV bought it. THey tried to slap on a digital distribution service like steam.

Fuck, I wish I could have saved some of mine. Didn't have many of them, but one of them was from my guild's first full Ulduar clear during which I clad my mage in the full t8 set all dropped within that one run and we barely got Mimiron down with me being the only dps left. Those were the days, sleeping through classes just to raid all night, then ace all my highschool exams anyway. Shit, xfire had logged some 9940 hours of WoW far as I remember. Guess I really reached that mystical 10k hours mark before realizing how simple it all truly was.

To think xfire was the thing that allowed me to connect with people back when I was a filthy little spergling with greasy long hair and get first vidya bros to game with from game to game, and now it's gone. Fucking surreal man.

Before they shut down they offered to let people download everything they ever saved to xfire.

I have good memories from that, but i wasn't a hardcore raider or anything. I had over 5k hours in wow, remember being so proud at school when i had over 120 hours weekly in it during summer break.

And guess what, now im almost 30 y/o looser