3DS Homebrew Thread

The guide to modding a 3DS: 3ds.guide/
FreeShop (discontinued): freeshop.pw/
FreeShop fork: notabug.org/arc13/freeShop/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/release-arc13s-freeshop-fork-open-source-eshop-alternative.468436/
Titlekeys: 3ds.titlekeys.gq/

Homebrew Launcher: smealum.github.io/3ds/

Pastebin: pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U

Note: "Boot9Strapper and SigHax are optional. There is no benefit to using this form of hack until devs create custom firmware, which may take months."

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/ctrpluginframework-blank-plugin.487729/page-6#post-7750475
github.com/JourneyOver/CTRPF-AR-CHEAT-CODES
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that pokeball 2dsxl looks autistic and aesthetic at the same time.

>Note: "Boot9Strapper and SigHax are optional. There is no benefit to using this form of hack until devs create custom firmware, which may take months."
Outdated now
gbatemp.net/threads/ctrpluginframework-blank-plugin.487729/page-6#post-7750475

Native cheat support without NTR launcher!
Native plain-text Action Replay codes also!
You need B9S to use it, just drop the boot.firm in your Luma payloads folder and Load it with the Luma chainloader (hold START)

You also need to move your NTR plugin folder from the root to luma/plugins but otherwise its the same

How to use!
For plaintext Action replay codes, dump the code framework in "CTRPluginFramework - Action Replay.7z" to your games respective titleid folder in luma/plugins and then put codes in cheats.txt

Also important old NTR cheat plugins will not work and need to be recompiled so for now it is still recommended to keep NTR Selector on your 3DS, just make a second plugins folder on the root for games without decent AR codes or without good native Luma NTR support

Also users of o3DS' can use NTRPlugin Framework based plugins for Mode3 games now! this includes UltraSunMoFramework (so that should be a good first test)

a good database for plaintext AR cades can be found here github.com/JourneyOver/CTRPF-AR-CHEAT-CODES

Now sage for tripple-posting

You CAN just swap boot.firm with the one on the SD root if you REALLY wanted too since it is just a Luma entrypoint that's slightly modified, but I do not recommend this because there's really no way to turn NTR codes off and NTR Selector WILL NOT WORK in Lumas NTR mode. So just drop it in your payloads folder instead so you have a choice wither to load normal Luma or this. Don't access it with the hold buttom method because its just a Luma entrypoint so it will stick to a black screen if you hold a button to boot it. Just use the START button chainloader

Why the fuck would anyone (((upgrade))) to B9S if the only thing it has going for it is cheat code support? Are nintendo games too hard for you?

Fucking pathetic.

Takes less than 30 minutes to hack new hardware and less than 10 to switch over to it, don't be a dummy be a smarty.

Thats 10 pointless minutes if b9 doesn't do anything new.

Unwillingness to break off from an established routine even if the alternative is beneficial and requires identical effort is a sign of autism

I would say aversion. Not wanting to do something and actively avoiding doing something are slightly different.

That is entirely subjective, as b9s has nothing I don't already have or want. Now if some actually interesting features appeared, I would take the time.

The latest Luma versions alone should be enough of a reason unless the A9LH fork is still being maintained
But yeah you're right, realtime memory editing on programs and plaintext code support is a dumb reason, why have more freedom over your software amiright?

What would I use those for if I just want to play vidya?

It is not.

The other concern is that any errant updates will soft-brick it. The only recourse is then to upgrade to b9s anyway, so may as well do it now.

git gud, faggot.

Why do you hate freedom user? If you can walk-through-walls, moon jump, walk at 2x the speed you normally could, and get all the items then why not?

AMAZING FUN TIME

Missing the point completely. You don't hack through games you haven't beaten legitimately yet. That shit would be retarded

neat

Autism

Sometimes its fun to just fuck around. Especially since NTR also has a corruption plugin. Lots of fun. I like seeing how fast I can beat OoT 3D with fast run enabled. Don't you like fun user?

also excuse the samefag, but some cheats can make the original games better. Instant-text is required more or less for Pokemon Sun and Moon because nobody shuts the fuck up

ehh, that's just a quality of life thing
like a cutscene skipping feature

I guess we have different ideas of fun.

all i wanted to do was play videogames

You can still use Luma to boot into Emunand from the Luma config menu. But I don't think Luma supports a primary-emunand based setup anymore. You really shouldn't be using a pure emunand setup to begin with

worked fine last year, then i had to go through the hassle of updating just to play new games

Pure emunand was from a time before we could actually modify FIRM and needed a quick-and-dirty solution by emulating it from the SD Card instead. Overall it's pretty inelegant conpared to newer solutions. The SD is also slower than internal NAND and you'll just end up wearing out the SD faster.

With A9LH and/or B9S you can make a full NAND backup and restore it so its pretty much superior to even stock firmware when it comes to recovery. The 3DS guide also had a fresh unused stock 9.9 NAND zip somewhere

I'd love another easily accessible way to pirate 3DS.

Nowhere around my locals is the possibility to buy DS linkers, the post office loses parcels and letters on a regular routine which means I can't even trust Internet, and I have no people with an already pirated 3DS around.

Fuck my life.

Is version 11.6.0-39 hackable yet or have I fucked up?

They're all hackable via flash card, which you want anyway for DS games. Best is the R4i Gold 3DS since it can toggle to ntrhax with a switch.

Otherwise your only option is awful DSiWare hacks or hardmod.

Every version is hackable with ntrboot.

I love the looks of it. When I my old 3DS broke I got that one and I don't regret it one bit because it just looks so sexy and clean.

There are issues with the 2DSXL though. The plastic is very cheap feeling. The glossy top screen is REALLY glossy, you'll be playing it in the dark in your home and still see your face reflected off of it. Both screens are TN panels, you have no choice. The default stylus is micropenis sized, you basically have no choice but to get a 3rd party stylus if you play games that need touch. Whoever decided to put the speakers in the same place your palms rest should be shot, ditto for whoever decided to put the squishy hard to press on/off button where they did. The space between the top and bottom screen is greater than on normal 3DS's, so games and images that used to take it into account look wrong now. The main camera where you scan QR codes is on the bottom instead of the top, but again no software takes this into account so it doesn't "align" properly with how it feels like it should on the screens and you have to hold the 2DS higher up. It comes with new enough firmware by default that you need ntrboot to hack it. Like the rest of the 3DS family ergonomics are a dumpster fire so you need to get a 3rd party grip.

Kingdom Hearts 3D isn't on freeshop, I see.
Is there any chance it's updates, if there's any, are in there?

Since updates are dropped on eShop for every game that has one, if there is an update for KH3D, it'll be on the eShop, and by extension the FreeShop. You'll need to get the .cia (or to make one yourself if you have the original cartridge) for the game itself, though.

This keeps crashing for me and giving me an error screen, any help?

DOA Dimensions isnt that bad, the cpu + L2 is a miracle for some games.

Are you in southern california? I'm feeling generous, so I'm gonna send 5 flashcarts with NTRboot to people, or just let them borrow it for a bit if they're in the coachella valley.

Hopefully you know enough spanish to get by user.

very beneficial for senran kagura burst

How do i convert this shit into a .cia so i can play unpozzed FE Fates? i didn't spend 10 days torrenting this so i could play it on Citra.

I think the Decrypt9 family can do that. I'd read the manual for Godmode9 first, it should still be able to do everything that Decrypt9wip could do, just harder to find where some features got moved to.

Neither is Tales of Abyss. Is there a list of games not on the freeshop?

Does anyone know if BS9 still has a (larger than normal) brick chance?

Is Megaman X worth getting for the 3ds? Can you remap buttons and does the game lag or does it play smoothly?

It's great, at least on N3DS (both on Snes9x for o3DS and official VC release)
The game itself lets you remap buttons, all Megaman X games let you do that

B9S is way safer than a9lh when you had to downgrade to get your OTP and shit
Just go with it, if there were a big brick chance you would see tons of faggots on reddit raving about it
Just follow the guide step by step

Wait, why would you want to downgrade with B9S?

You don't, that's the point
It is safe and easy

there's always the chance, i was super paranoid about it until i bit the bullet (it took a lot less time than installing my original emunand)

imblying

Good to hear, also which Megaman X games are the best of the series? I've heard the series gets worse as it progresses.

X1 is great
X2 is solid
X3 is good
X4 is solid with a great OST
from X5 the series is ok at best

I just wanted to warn other anons that "Fire Emblem Warriors" is horrible. Do not play it. The story makes no sense (durrr it's a mosou) and apparently everyone in the fucking game is paranoid about kidnapping. This is the main plot point for the first half of the game.

And it happens over and over and over… Imagine you have a little sis for headpatting and you both go to the store. You get the cart, while she says hi to the store greeter. And then you accuse the store greeter of kidnapping and fight them to the death.

You do this to everyone in the store that says hi to your sis.

There are no bosses, like in Hyrule warriors. There are no fairies to dress and feed. There are no secret skulltulas to find. Everyone gets one weapon type.

Just don't. It's a complete fuck up of a game.

yee

Someone mind helping me out? I think I might have soft-bricked my O3DS XL.

I was following the 3ds.guide site's instructions for using soundhax to install b9s. pic-related is where I was in the guide, I had yet to install Luma or w/e It seemed like installing b9s was successful. I went through all the security checks and the input entering successfully, pressed A and… now I just have my 3DS's blue light turning on and then off a second later. It refuses to turn on.

From what I've searched up this matches the MO of a soft-brick. Is there any way aside from a system update in recovery mode (so I can still hack it) that I can unbrick it? I never got the chance to install Luma on it I don't think.

check the SD Card

Check it for what?

Ok, i started messing with memory hack on r4 because there was this fucking game that nobody cared to port to us some cheat that i wanted so….Anyway. i fucked my sd, trying to format over and over to no success, R4 SDHC error 81 & 83…
help?

ok, it seems only the usrcheat.dat fille got fucked…Can load games but r4 does not find usrcheat.dat, on pc i open it with no problems so i guess maybe is not an issue with the .dat file…

fixed…nvmd…

Got some help and figured it out, time to have some fun times /scurv/ing if all goes well
installing Luma atm

So am I screwed? I wanted to pirate Planet Robobot because it's too expensive for my taste. $70+ for a physical copy and even digital is $56 in leafbucks.

unless you have another 3ds then yes

What was the problem exactly? I don't really care, but there's nothing worse than "nvm, i fixed it" for an obscure problem.

Basically I was a dumbass. My .firm file from luma didn't copy properly and I didn't notice it wasn't the right size