PISA 2015

Singapore tops latest OECD PISA global education survey, Japan, Estonia, Finland & Canada are the 4 highest performing OECD countries

www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3TCpzSe4cs
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wbl-PflEc0
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZjxkDA1s-c
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xpOn0OzXEw
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiczDPx96ac
www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdMN8ioUYGc
www.nier.go.jp/kokusai/pisa/video/How_does_PISA_work_640x360.mp4
all4ed.org/debunking-seven-myths-about-pisa/
www.oecd.org/pisa/pisafaq/
www.oecd.org/pisa/data/
52.31.27.158/PISAoccupations/

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/realspin/2017/01/04/are-the-pisa-education-results-rigged/#4d23b7cf1561
youtube.com/watch?v=i4RGqzaNEtg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programme_for_International_Student_Assessment#China
youtu.be/q3TCpzSe4cs?t=20m47s
oecdeducationtoday.blogspot.com/2013/12/are-chinese-cheating-in-pisa-or-are-we.html
youtube.com/watch?v=piEayQ0T-qA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Immigrant students perform better in science than non-immigrants in ARE, AUS, CAN, GBR, HKG, ISR, JOR, MAC, QAT, SGP, & USA

Where do disadvantaged students achieve the best results in science?

What does the share of top performers and low achievers look like in your country?

thanks for these

the graders go easy on them because their last names are like Mohammed Chong Humanabrabishkanahi

white people are discriminated against in the education system

PISA is not about memorization nor rote learning, if you would like to see the performance of countries with a more academic leaning framework see TIMSS and PIRLS

Man, I want kids to have great education, but Japan and Singapore ain't what I have in mind when I picture people enjoying their lives.

How are Estonia and Finland? Did they manage to make genius babies without having them study 12 hours a day?

which country?

colonial countries

I thought we were all retarded, it might just be me though.

Some countries achieve high performance and high student happiness, this is for 2012

Tell me your secrets you finngol's

Holding Africoons and Sand Niggers to European and east asian standards is not fair.

That's very interesting, tho I had mind mind the happiness of the adult population. Considering
and , all in all, if I had to pick one model, I guess I'd go with Switzerland.

what the fuck am i supposed to do with those images

shitpost about americans or brits on /in/

Here in Mexico teachers and school staff, tell you that PISA Tests have no impact in your Scores, so it's irrelevant and you can pretty much leave the classroom or skip the day the PISA test it's going to be implemented.

That happens in all countries, and also PISA is not even designed to give individual scores

The world doesn't care

Yes, PISA is a low stakes assessment

Share of top performers

forbes.com/sites/realspin/2017/01/04/are-the-pisa-education-results-rigged/#4d23b7cf1561

Yes, even though Argentina, Malaysia and Kazakhstan took part in PISA 2015, they didn't meet the strict PISA technical standards and therefore their results are not reported and cannot be compared with other countries or through other cycles
Argentina had issues with sample coverage, Malaysia with school response rates and Kazakhstan with construct coverage.

The samples and further analysis are not done by participating countries/economies but by independent international contractors.
Please inform yourself before shitposting, you can learn more about the methodology by reading the PISA Technical Reports and by seeing this video youtube.com/watch?v=i4RGqzaNEtg

There is nothing bizarre about B-S-J-G if you look at a god damn map of the country. This is counter-propaganda.

Actually, pooled data from the PISA 2009 and PISA 2012 databases showed that London performed even worse than the United Kingdom as a whole and way below Shanghai (Shanghai has a similar GDP per capita as OECD country Chile for comparison)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programme_for_International_Student_Assessment#China

It's corrupt, sorry.

What that propagandist-user posted, that China has a "bizarre system" that "doesn't play by the rules" is false. The country expanded its participation to its major provinces located in different major regions of the country geographically, and as your own propaganda source admits, it is going to do away with that totally next year. That's besides the point that not including a rural populace that doesnt go to school is not as relevant as you are suggesting.

PISA is designed to be representative of the PISA target population, that is, students aged between 15 years and 3 (complete) months and 16 years and 2 (complete) months who are enrolled in school at least in grade seven and yes, lower secondary school enrollment in China is not high (64% of 15-year olds are enrolled in school in B-S-J-G compared to an average of 89% in OECD countries) but that represents a reality of the current Chinese and other countries education systems and doesn't invalidate the performance of the Chinese students who are enrolled in school

And by the way, PISA pilot tests from 2009 in China actually showed that some Chinese provinces performed around the OECD average

And also from 2012…

And by the way if your feelings were offended by the results see OECD Secretary General Ángel Gurría Treviño remarks about that here from 20:47 youtu.be/q3TCpzSe4cs?t=20m47s and OECD Director for the Directorate of Education and Skills Andreas Schleicher here: oecdeducationtoday.blogspot.com/2013/12/are-chinese-cheating-in-pisa-or-are-we.html

And actually if we dig deeper into the data it seems that the ones actually cheating are Anglo Western countries not the Chinese

youtube.com/watch?v=piEayQ0T-qA