What are some more Twin Peaks influenced games?

What are some more Twin Peaks influenced games?

What other games are inspired by the best TV show ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

projectmizzurna.tumblr.com/post/154537596147/in-game-translation-complete
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Never played it, but I heard people comparing this game to Twin Peaks, it also just recently got a fan translation.

even the average retard would've figured out by now that his low effort shit threads don't get any traction here only because they do on >>>/cuckchan/ and yet OP can't stop sucking cock like his life depends on it

That show was great whenever it wasn't following around those fucking kids. I dont give a fuck about their little investigations or their boring romance plots. Special Agent Cooper was the only thing keeping me interested and that made me hate the ending.

There was a Twin Peaks parody on the TV when chasing Gognitti and the nightmare sequences have an evil double of Max.

Are you talking about season 2 or season 3 because the latter was the best thing to happen to TV since Adult Swim before they cancelled Moral Orel, coffee and pie fags need to get out.

There's a season 3?

oh god are you in for a fucking good ass time.

Yes, it's an intentionally alienating season and plays out like an 18-hour movie split into 18 parts, very slow but payoffs are fantastic.

is it pozzed? This has been a series on my backlog for an eternity.

There's a tranny supporting character in some of season 2 and it shows up again in season 3 for one scene played for the quirkiness/Lynch's style, can't remember anything else but you're not actually going to buy it are you?

If you played Deadly Premonition this will all sound familiar.

Other than the voices in his head.

Its called "Imagination". Before every young ''artist" just imitated each other thats where new things came from.

Are you actually asking if a series about american heartland that's been around since the 90's is "pozzed"? Is this the sort of reject nu/pol/ throws up now?

I was asking about the new season. Didn't want to start a good show only to find the current year has ruined the latest (and last?) season.

No thats season 2 when fox took control and killed it for a quarter of a century.

So is it decent? Will I be disappointed when I get to the end if I like Lnych's other stuff?

The last words spoken at the end of season 3 were a good way to end the series I don't want to spoil anything, a lot of things are left in the air to figure out and a lot of the cast will start dying within the next 2 decades so don't expect a new season.

Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon play more authentic transvestites in Some Like It Hot than David Duchovny does in Twin Peaks. Haven't seen season 3 yet so I can't comment on that portrayal. I've been too busy with SG-1.

VRChat

The show effectively ended before you were born. You can take or leave the reboot/"sequel".

It had King influences too, sure, but if you can't see the large influence TP had on the game, you're retarded

gotcha, downloading it now and avoiding the thread in case of spoilers. Thanks for the info, time to cross this off the backlog.

2 episodes in, and I gotta say

I love every second of this.

Twin Peaks is a genuinely enjoyable ride. You won't regret watching it.

I'm glad you guys pushed me to finally watch it. Leaving for real now till I finish it.

Persona.

If you like twin peaks and haven't watched robert mcarthy's dark place, you need to kill yourself.

Wait, Twin Peaks influenced Silent Hill? I didn't hear anything like that, but it's pretty neat if true.

They didn't sit down and say "let's make a gray Twin Peaks", Twin Peaks was a huge influence on pop culture especially in fucking Japan they loved it the most.

LYNCHED
But seriously now, there has to be some Twin Peaks doujins as well.

Is there an English iso of Mizzurna Falls? I searched but as of Nov '17, the translator is still waiting for the hacker to put their translation to the iso.

look at these quads!

and dubs. can we please have max payne 4 in vr? maybe max payne a a rookie cop? I will even accept wisecracking female afro as partner or fbi/ci/nsa/reasontowear suit agent. He can be on the case of the man who downloaded a car or something finnish.

Never ever watched Twin Peaks, is it worth it?

Absolutely. The Return (season 3) is the best TV made. Telekino you might say. Season 2 has a big decline in quality because of the (((networks))) but makes up for it with a top tier final episode. The film is great as well.

It's a horror/paranormal mystery show isn't it?

True.

A bit of everything. Give it a go, the first episode should be enough for you to either continue or drop it. Its also sort of a parody of soap operas, complete with the wooden acting too.

I started watching it right now, I'm liking it so far.

I'm actually getting that "soap opera" vibe from the music as you've said, it does kind of feel like a beginning to a more fucked up version of a soap opera

Season 1 is the best television ever made. Episode 8 of Season 3 is the end of television. Tv can never recover from that.

The 90s wasn't pozzed but it was certainly the most blue-pilled decade.

Would you say it was easy for everyone to become blue pilled because of how good the distractions were (video games or otherwise)?

The Branch Davidians were demonstrably not "weird yet innocent", the reason the whole standoff even started was because Koresh and his buddies straight up fucking murdered a guy in a gunfight over some religious tiff. The fact that they refused to submit to the law was what caused the standoff. I'm not going to defend what the cops did after that point, but to say they were "innocent" is a blatant fucking lie.

Dougie is the greatest character to appear on television and anyone who disagrees is a brainlet.

I didn't think watching Twin Peaks could get any more surreal.

What a waste of time

Found the faggot who never watched twin peaks

Yes.

My bad (is there a good documentary on this) but that decade had a lot of brutish unintelligent SWAT teams looking to be heroes under the command of that bitch Janet Reno, I remember some other "cult" that was claimed to have 70 assault rifles and tons of members by the Clinton admin but when the police raided their "compound" all they found was 4 bolt-actions and a bag of fertilizer. Also forgot about the Unabomber lashing out against this dolling of society, and whatever the story of Timothy McVeigh is.

16*

What game do you recommend? I tried Alan Wake awhile back and got pissed off at how railroaded it was, what a waste of technology/setting to not let the player explore.

Deadly Premonition. If you've already played it, play it again.

Any chance you have that info pic on how to fix the PC version?

Cool, thank you

The end of episode one of twin peaks where Laura Palmer's mom has that vision of the dude slowly moving towards her is still some of the best nightmare fuel

The Zelda series post Link's Awakening is technically Twin Peaks influenced.

Picked it up recently for 5€ on sale and I gotta say that it was the most hilarious game I've played in a long time. I loved every aspect of this game and thought that all the clunkiness and shitty ass combat just added to the charm. I can hardly wait to let a few years go by until playing it again.

There's pretty much no political shit. David Lynch claims he isn't a political person

Mark "The Cuckold" Frost is, though.

Lynch is frustrated at a world thats too dumb and he wants you to be better, hes screaming at you to be.

Can't ignore him signing a petition to forgive Roman Polanski though. It may have been a "sign this shit so you can keep making films" situation or he could full blown wrong.

The only shitty thing is I know a couple of the spoilers such as
the sheriff is the main killer chosen by some God

the love interest dies at some point

theres a happy alternate reality ending

Have I spoiled enough to make the game not interesting?

Katawa Shoujo

Not really. It's still a fun ride and the plot is mega bonkers anyway. The main appeal (at least for me) is the atmosphere of the game, the characters of the town and the conversations. I'd say don't rush the main plot and explore the town, talk to the people and do the sidequests. Some of the sidequests give you alternative weapons that break the combat, which is a good thing because the combat is shit anyway and might get in the way of your enjoyment. Try to eat lunch at the station every time because it's got unique scenes every day and all of them are quite fun, not to mention comfy.

I'd say brew yourself a good pot of coffee and immerse yourself in the insanity that is this game.

Nice, that's good to know. I was worried those plot points would take out a lot of the fun of the story. Are there still some twists or was the sheriff the big one?

Also, gameplay wise that sounds very similar to how I approached Nier. Break it asap to enjoy the rest.

Mizzurna falls,

projectmizzurna.tumblr.com/post/154537596147/in-game-translation-complete

Shit guys, I know it's point and click, but it's the literal epitome of Twin Peaks atmosphere.

Is there some mod for Deadly Premonition which allows you to save anywhere?

More Fargo than Twin Peaks.

As stated in the review, it's almost a mashup of X-Files, Fargo, and Twin Peaks. But I agree, the Fargo feeling does stand out more than the others.

Doesn't change the fact that it's good shit, and should get more attention. For the OP, just don't play the second game. Answers far too many questions.

Is the second one more of the same? I keep meaning to play them but wonder if there's any real continuation between the two. I'd assume at least some in-joke sort of things following into the second.

There are still some twists. The sheriff is big, but there's bigger ones after him.

Oh there are a bunch of twists. It's not like knowing who killed Laura Plamer would have taken that much out of Twin Peaks if you didn't know the reasons why. It's just an excuse for all the other stuff to happen. It'll take some of the mystery element away for sure, but I think I would have still enjoyed it almost as much even if I knew the twists.

You can get the combat breaking side quest from the Milk Barn. Just use your infinite ammo pistol until then, the melee weapons are all but useless and I didn't use them once in the whole game. I'm pretty sure the devs realized too late what a pain the combat was and decided to just throw in those weapons instead of fixing it.

i had one of those a few months ago.
it was pretty tasty.

Gonna spoil a recurring meme. Lynch is a retarded Jew who thinks everyone cheats on their partner and makes just about every character cheat. It's not even surprising or interesting when he does it.

What?
The ATF raided the branch davidians because they needed to stay relevant for funding.
Using the excuse that the leader of the BD ordered gun parts and was possibly going to use them illegally.
In a call during the raid he asked why they hadn't just asked him about it.

Dude, just watch it. I haven't finished season 2 and it's good stuff. Season 2 is more meandering but it has some of that surreal dream stuff I love. Just watch an episode or two and you'll know if it's for you.

There's a huge amount of continuation. Problem is, it kinda destroys the whole ' Mystery ' of the first. But yes, it's more of the same.

Ross is spot on in the reasoning. I'm drunk and tired. Watch the video, he explains it far better than I could.

Oh yeah, think I held off watching that one because I didn't want to get spoiled.

Apparently miyamoto was inspired by the depth of the characters in TP and wanted to do that with zelda.

For what game? MM is the only one I can think of that approaches anything like that.

I just finished season 2 and I adore it. The characters just grow in such unique ways, they are all so likable, the story and setting are interesting and completely different, the direction and composition on the scenes is top notch, and dat OST. Really I can't praise the show enough.
>be disappointed I have to wait until I get home until I can watch Season 3

>suddenly realize people were left with that nail biting cliffhanger for 20+ years

How did you guys even deal with that?