Favourite video game music

Post the feels

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AvF6b28AwPw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

here's my favorite from the Nut Shake Movie Game

Now this is shitposting

Wasn't Hotline Miami's music mostly made by complete nobodies the game's creators found on Soundcloud?

And what does that change?

I don't mean it as a negative, I mean all the game's great music was made by random people. All those artists would have remained obscure and unknown had they not been in the game.

Yes and no. Sun Araw was already an accomplished Psych musician, Jasper Byrne produced for big DnB labels, El Huervo was a friend of the devs, Perturbator already had a fanbase. MOON and Scattle were both basically unknown. By Hotline Miami 2 Synthwave had become a big enough genre most of the artists already had a large following, although being in the game obviously increased their popularity further.

Is Outer Wilds ever gonna come out?
I loved the prototype, but came out like three or four years ago.

They got funding a few years ago but haven't made a lot of progress since.

When you finally hear this in the final airport level of the game where you're basically in "I don't give a fuck anymore" mode gave me goosebumps. I managed to somehow roll through that level in one go and felt like the baddest motherfucker on the planet.

It's all about the ambiance

datamine thread but who cares

youtube.com/watch?v=AvF6b28AwPw

Looks like I'll have to post this again

Stop? You cut down my sister and tell me to stop?
Nobody stops! NO ONE SSSSSSSTOOPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Now Volition only care about Saint's Row and how increasingly ridiculous they can make the series.

When suddenly a escape sequence began and this reprise of the main theme played in the background it cemented my love for the game.

What's even better is how from that segment onwards the feeling (both in gameplay and music) gradually transitions from "gritty action movie" to "oh shit he's gonna die", then in the final sequence kicks back into "fuck yeah".

Here's a classic. Apparently a doujin metal band did a cover of it but I cannot find it anywhere

Nier is one of the most comfy yet simultaneously sad and bittersweet games I've played. Tge entire atmosphere is feels.

Fuck me, the*

All time favorite

Integral song, bro.

Popola… We´ve been friends for so long…
Does that mean nothing to you?

test

One of those "kusoge with great music" games.
The great music is sporadic, though. Most of it is shit.

The snares are so fucking great and the distortion halfway in is the shit.

Reminder: They had to change the music for Sonic CD because the techno was too hardcore for western audiences and Palmtree Panic made the test groups cry.

Got any sources for those claims?

No.

Post the rest if you got 'em.

The rest of the Bad Future themes aren't as great as those two, unfortunately.

Stardust Speedway (Bad Future) got a great remix in Sonic Generations.
And for all the shit Sonic Forces gets, its remix of Stardust Speedway (Bad Future) (US) is godlike.

Not as good as DMC2's Total Result.

Sorry user, but that's not a good mashup.