No Total War thread?

No Total War thread?

Total War thread.

Unit collision When?

In Total War Warhammer?

Not on Thrones of Brittania that's for sure

Holla Forums is full of poorfags, you can't talk about a game that costs like 180$

Let's get this out of the way quickly.

Game is pirateable now tho.

There are some places that sell Warhammer 2 keys for less than 40 USD.

No game is worth 180 dollarydoos. And also, you can pirate it now.

The fact TW games manage to hold their values well mean the games hold the quality.

I'm just glad these games are still a thing in CY+2.

Future is so shit everyone is banking on medieval setting now.

How so?
Theres maybe 4-5 games with that setting.

Talking about in general.
Witcher
Dark Souls
Mount and Blade
Etc.

Though it might be because of my biases speaking.

Why aren't the classic TW (Shogun 1, medieval 1, Rome 1, Medieval 2) on fucking GOG yet?

Medieval Western Fantasy, sure that I agree.
Medieval ones are not that common though, still more common than before, but certainly not saturating.

Sega dislikes GOG for some reason

Yeah, real historical medieval games aren't all that much, I agree.

Must be because they have no DRM, the fucking jews.

Rome 1 > Rome 2

How much are they paying you OP?
:^)

Just a coincidence I swear.

The pre-Rome games are a bitch to get running on modern hardware I think.

Just Rome 1 and Medieval 2 on GOG would be good enough.

GOG is basically the place for vidya archive, their installer are good when I have no internet.

Shogun 3? They just revealed a trailer out of nowhere during the timer

nevermind it's something called Total war three kingdoms

The Total War franchise is for redditors

Oh fuck, it's the Chink Total War people have been glamorizing.

Aw shit, it's the fucking Dynasty Warriors: Total War.

I liked Shogun. Bought Medieval 1 or 2 can't remember which and was very disappointed.

Total WaWa has collision and doesn't have the killmoves crap.

Man, CA is cranking out games in the buttload, not good, not good at all.

That's like saying something that isn't dogshit is better than dogshit.

This made me wonder what it would be like to blend Total War with Dynasty Warriors. Like you could control units and also fight a la Sacrifice and Brutal legend but with the Total War battles that consider morale, flanking, charges, etc.

Brutal Legend was awful doe.

It's called Kingdom Under Fire for the Xbox, and that game by Toei about Jeanne D'arc.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm actually rather surprised, I'm a massive ROTK fan, don't know how it translates to TW though.

I hate slit eyes

Ok but I mean something like that except it doesn't suck.

Kingdom Under Fire is very good though, if you have an Xbox.

then never get into table top games

I'm fairly certain the only reason we got WaWa at all is because CA killed WHFB. They would never allow something to potentially cut into their bottom line like that.

You mean GW right?

Whooops, yea.

Please no warhammer-style lords and agents that count for an entire unit or two on their own.

The recognizable characters are obviously present, and going by the trailer they participate in battles. But I'm hoping that their main if not only use is to duel other agents to win a morale boost for the main army. That'd be historically authentic…kind of.

Shit, they're just going to make a dynasty warriors RTS, aren't they?

You know the Chingchongs gonna luv it.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH

Come on, it's not ROTK if there is no heroic duel.

That's like the major of how the novel goes.

What CA gets wrong is that Lu Bu and the 3 brothers should be on horses.

And ROTK is full on historical where good generals can slay like a hundred men with no sweat.

Fucking Lu Bu man.

Something something pursue Lu Bu

KOEI TECMO BTFO

Though I'm kinda glad CA is making them look like Koei tecmo characters, and not westernizing them the fuck off.

You really fucking got me this time.
I didn't expect CA to make the next one so soon.

It's a coincidence I swear, i'm surprised too.

Who knew they would drop an announcement and it's Dynasty Warriors: TW that's been announced?

Every other TW thread before got shitposted into oblivion. Now there are too few people left to even bother.

Tomb Kangz gameplay was released yesterday, didn't even know.

Yeah, CAs art design is still great in this era of cartoony bullshit and manjawed females.

Imagine you're in charge of the new Total War trailer and it's your last day at this job.

This is going to draw in the chinks, the japs and the chinkaboos and the dynasty warrior fans.

It's like Warhammer all over again i.e. courting a different audience.

Historical, but not quite historical either i.e. Dynasty Warriors.

YOU WANT NON-WHITE TOTAL WAR?

GREAT, HAVE SURI KINGDOMMU!

Why is there still no Total War: Egypt with beautiful and diverse negroid pharaohs?
Will this blatant racism ever stop?

Oh man, can you see the potential kikery with the Three Kingdoms?
They're either going to sell every single hero separately or introduce lootboxes, calling it now.

I can see Xima Yi being a DLC faction.

I mean, if they don't give the fixes they did to Warhammer in this one, then you should absolutely complain, this specific one is absolutely retarded.

I wouldn't complain for sure, but it's hilarious how ROTK is chosen as a "historical" title, considering they follow the novel version, which is straight down historical fiction.

How so?

Lu Bu dueling brothers in trailer.
Episode from novel.

Bravo

All the legendary weapons (Lu Bu's halberd, Guan Yu's green dragon blade, Zhang Fei's serpent spear), the Peach party of the 3 brothers, the fact Dong Zhou looks straight out of Dynasty Warriors.

Yes it's following the novel version.

already mentioned my man>>14130520

Shit

Novel is better anyway.

Well, novel is fun too.
I hope they make gameplay around overdesigned formations like Eight Gate.

There needs to be a reminder every 5 posts, schlomo

Nope.

I think they're just tired of their old audience clamouring for a return to the pre-Empire system.
It's better to lose some 800k sales, make a shit game that panders to a specific audience and get ten gorillion instead.
Chinks are a huge market now and we are made irrelevant because we are fewer in number and demand actual quality.
Chinks will eat shit as long it's a special brand of shit.

I just wanted to bother him.

So long as they never touch my Medieval 2 I don't give two fucks what they shit out

more like total SNORE lmao

Attila and Warhammer has physics back already, so why the complain?

They cannot go back to medieval 2 engine noe.

I haven't played WaWa, but I'd be surprised if units had proper collision and actual WEIGHT to them.
Not just floaty movement with multipliers attached to charging and a script that tells the models not to enter each other.

But even so, the campaign is complete dogshit and I don't need to play it to know that.
Did I forget something?

I'm not saying that they should be making Medieval 2 clones till the end of time (we have mods for that), the games should definitely advance, but this is all going in a very arcade-y direction and it is not appealing to me.
The series was never realistic, but everything going on in it at least looked plausible.
Cities grew because the population in them increased and if I wanted better spearmen, I'd build a higher tier of barracks.
It was not decided by some arbitrary "growth" stat or "technology."

I think they'd much rather pretend it didn't exist.

They do

There was a period where they had farm land quality that determined food production, I know it was there in Medieval 2 and Shogun FotS. They traded that out for unique buildings in come settlements in Warhammer.

Atilla had it as well, only the Warhammer games don't.

I didn't hate Attila

The Tomb Kings DLC is looking pretty damn good.

Oh great, more TW focused on "hero" units instead of proper large scale battle
Fucking great

also implies potential cathay in total warhammer 3 if they just repurpose chink kingdoms assets

They do have weight to them, the problem is that the dwarves get knocked around consistently so charge bonus against large is worthless for them.

They absolutely will
Shame though, I wanted Chaos Divided and the Chaos Planes, not the East.

I think they know that regular human warriors aren't going to make epic "heroes" like you all seem to think. That's quite a stretch based on just one cinematic.

imo I think they'll just do something like the General units in Shogun 2, but with unique leaders.

Koei Tecmo has been making heroes out of the Three Kingdom period for over a decade.

Yeah but they're different companies making different games with different devs. It doesn't make any sense to draw parallels.

Come to think of it. With how long and varied the Three Kingdoms period is, CA might very well introduce campaign DLC that adjusts the campaign map to reflect different periods during the war. They couldn't possibly coast on just the Dong Zhuo period for the entire game right?

Its probably going to go to the chinnese market, and chinks love assfaggots with their special units so i wouldn't get my hopes up high

What the fuck does that have to do with CA?

Nothing concrete, but the material is fertile for hero unit shenanigans.

That's true but even with the generic Generals like in Shogun 2, they had almost rpg-like elements with their skill trees and perks and in-battle abilities. I think they could just develop that a bit more and it would fit well without being a weird kind of hero-monster-unit like in TWW.

fuck me they have a cool setting like china but made it set on the most memetastic era?

I just wish these fucking games had actual good music for once, it's all run of the mill garbage, I mean Jeff did the music for Alien Isolation in 2014 and still Rome 2 and subsequent games haven't seen their top tier shit.
I want some Dyck in these games

*most marketable era

I'm now cautiously optimistic about Fingollian: Total War

I thought the battle music in WaWa was actually one of the best parts of the game, namely for Dwarves and Greenskins. The part of the theme that plays when you're winning as Greenskins just makes me want to murder the fuck out of everyone while they're routing.

Oh yeah, and Chaos Warriors too although the rest of that faction was a severe disappointment

They're going after rice money. If anyone's ever given Chinese History a shot its pretty entertaining, like Empress Lu

One morning in the winter of 194 BC, Emperor Hui went for a hunting trip and did not bring Liu Ruyi with him because the latter refused to get out of bed. Lü Zhi's chance arrived, so she sent an assassin to force poisoned wine down Liu Ruyi's throat. The young prince was dead by the time Emperor Hui returned. Lü Zhi then had Concubine Qi killed in an inhumane manner: she had Qi's limbs chopped off, eyes gouged out, ears sliced off, forced her to drink a potion that made her mute, and thrown into a latrine. She called Qi a "human swine" (人彘). Several days later, Emperor Hui was taken to view the "human swine" and was shocked to learn that it was Concubine Qi. He cried loudly and became ill for a long time. He requested to see his mother and said, "This is something done not by a human. As the empress dowager's son, I'll never be able to rule the empire."[2] From then onward Emperor Hui indulged himself in carnal pleasures and ignored state affairs.

or

Emperor Wu goes on an 8-year, goat-powered orgy through 5000 concubines, leaving the empire in the hands of his mentally disabled son, and the Imperial princes and empress will fight it out over who gets to control him. (from The History of China Podcast),

There's an opportunity to have a lot of fun getting to know Chinese culture if CA puts any depth into it. I do hope they don't go with the 5000 years of History, China much wow, so strong, people very brotherly, very kind. Ayyy their culture is of peasants dying to disease, floods, famine, bandits, and war. While their aristocracy worries about getting their dick wet.

Why is Chiho so cute?

I really hope Shu doesn't take center stage for the game in that regard.

why does the trailer for total chinkwars give me a fire emblem vibe?

Men in fancy armor engaging in mostly one on one combat.

On the subject of China, is it true that the Mongolian conquest really fucked up the area for hundreds of years? Prior to the end of Mongolian rule, there are tons of stories, dynasties and a culture that was really interesting to read about but it seems like after the Mongolian rule started to weaken the place was a backwater that eventually turned into the culture-less, pseudo-commie shithole it is today.

I think Confusionism still played a big role post conquest in terms of the social structure (non-Chinese being lower than peasants etc.), any idea when the Mongolian rule collapsed?

DRC

You have something against BENEVOLENCE, punk?
I hope they won't suck their dick like Koei

The Yuan (Mongolian) dynasty collapsed in 14th century and was succeeded by the Northern Yuan dynasty in Manchuria and the surrounding areas and the Ming dynasty in southern China which did very well initially before it declined and was eventually replaced by the Qing dynasty for a few hundred which was a very weak imperial China that hobbled along as a weak, albeit large, empire.

Nah, given CA lets you play as a multitude of different nations and races in their games, I don't see any fear of bias on their part.

I dunno about that, we'll see once they show actual gameplay. In shogun, every characters had the same two/three faces and had no personality whatsoever, Nobunaga was always getting his shit pushed in if he was controlled by AI for example.
But then, you see in that trailer generals charging in and wrecking soldiers left and right, I'm betting on heroes-general like warhammer

Really looking foreward to both for the art and nre gameplay mechanics.

Now might be a good time to ask what CA's history has been on "story mode" type campaigns with scripted events and such. CA said they were focusing on the novel, which is really Shu-biased, on top of all the regular events that would happen historically during the period.

It also irked me that Nobunaga would get crushed so easily in Shogun 2.

yes but all of them are now becoming mainstream.

Gib proofs

whats the verdict on this Holla Forums? buy or no buy?

How fucking new are you?

thats not a response

It's just way too early to say one way or the other.

Man, historical fans must be fucking pissed with the Three Kingdoms announcement.

Have you got the original toasting video? The only one left online is an edit.

Prepare for Koei and Capcom fans to show up. We're already here.

I wish
This shit is from a basic Jewgle search leeching off Jewshes website Kiwi Farms

Great, now get out :^)

Fack you.

Only on game 3 as DLC

I'm still puzzled though, what more races can they add to game 2?
Araby, Dogs of War and a mish mash of Amazons?
Really, I can't think of much else.

Game 3 would need to have Chaos Dorfs, Ogres and Cathai and Ind or Nippon.
But those last 3 would have to be completely created factions from scratch.

Attila is actualy very good, everything wrong with rome 2 was fixed and the athmosphere with the world collapsing around you is amazing. To bad the game was stuck under the shadow of rome's 2 being an abortion with acid.

Tfw no MediEvil Total War

This didn't age well

People theorize they will release araby as a freeLC since they can re-utilize assets from older total war games and they can have creative freedom since it doesn`t have a establish book, similarly to Norsca. The second and last DLC of this game will be a revamp on the coastal regions, a Dogs of War system that revamps the Border prince factions, Amazons and the Pirate Cost of lustria. Naval battles ing ame 3 if it ever comes.

This opens game 3 for Chaos Dorfs and Ogres since the full Mortal Empires map leaked already and it clearly extends the current map to the right until like half the Dark Lads and Chaos will be revamp with the race content DLCs similar to the Grim and the Grave and the King and the Warlord DLCs. Finally, FreeLCs will be revamping the old world like adding proper Middenland units, Boris Toddbringer etc

Empress Dowager Cixi is funny too

Yes and no.
The Mongol conquest did devistate the Northern Part of China, but it wasn't before the Qing Conquest that China actually stagnated. I.E Qing Conquest Theory
It is just that the Mongol conquests stopped the Merchant Economy of the Song that had larger the productional output than all of 18th Century Europe, this includes their colonies.

The succeeding Ming would still have the largest economy in the world, but they lacked the innovation of the Song. However what Ming lacked in innovation they made up for in uncomparable stability and administrational which made it easier to reform their military after Western standards, tho this had it shortcommings. I.e Read about Wanli Emperor. Hell the Ming Schoolars had regular inter-cultrual and philophical diologe with the Jesuits. Archimedes being on of the favorites, if you were a mathematican fag.

The new Total War: Chinkshit edition has some potential for epic trolling.

I know that they're setting this game far too early for this to work historically accurate, but it would also be kind of hilarious to have British merchants show up at Canton, with a series of pop-up windows …

It's actually more doable than you think. Around 150AD, a roman embassy was establish in Han while there's plenty of evidence of roman glass getting imported in and further spread throughout the far east. By year 500 AD, some roman glass ended up in a japanese tomb. Books like RoTK typically ignore mentioning foreigners because the merchants have their own conclaves and no warlord would go out of their way to antagonize the persians, kushans and romans (and greeks supposedly) at the same time.

I understand that being a "Grammar Nazi" isn't cool, and is thoroughly outdated, but fuck you with a rusty rake, you fucking fuck. We don't pronounce all the letters, truly, but even so: TYPE THE ENTIRE WORD, YOU LAZY SHITSTAIN. Or, so you can understand it: "Typ the ent wor you laz shi". Also
Devastate.
Shortcomings.
Scholars.
Inter-cultural
Dialogue.

If you're posting on a phone, kill yourself. If you just can't type at all, go learn how to type. If you're from somewhere where it's okay to type like a retard, go the hell back there.

I just really want to see Chaos Divided and a fleshed out rooster for it

Sounds like the Mongol Invasion expansion for Shogun.

smh tbh fam

I dont know about y'all but I would rather not look at Slaaneshs "rooster". I am looking forward to them adding Nurgle though, I wanna make an army of great unclean ones.

Whoa thar sony.
Klam down.

I'm taking a break from a VC campaign in mortal empires right now. fighting the varg and allied with a skaven pack but so ready to murder some skaven.

I'm loving how the Tomb Kings are looking, but good God have all the other factions been left in the dust in terms of features. Like, the Tomb Kings DLC for WaWa2 has more new shit in it than the the actual full game did.

Don't you have a baby to play football with?

Illiterate kids should either learn to spell and use correct grammar or should give up on using the internet.