Warriors like games on PC

I'm in the mood for some mindless hack-n-slash like you get from Dynsasty Warriors games. I know DW has titles on PC but are there any better games in that genre on PC right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Gas_Damage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Warframe

Really? I always thought it was a third person shooter.

You can completely ignore guns and play it like musou game.
It's like if DW game had guns attached to it.

This.
You can slide, jump and hover at a great speed while cutting away enemies on your path, it's so much fun.

Don't you need to grind to have fun though?

It's less grindy than an average musou game, since it at least have more than one game mode.
But yeah it's pretty grindy overall.

Nigga, the whole game is the grind. Still pretty fun though.

You might as well play a crate breaking simulator, all you're doing is shooting fish in a barrel

Huh. I might have to re-look at warframe. Played it a few times a year or so back. Didn't leave an impression on me at the time, but I might not of given it a good enough chance.

There was a major melee overhaul.
I didn't like it during early years as well because you had like one 3 strike combo with any melee and no special moves. It was actually just a shooter.
Now it has pretty simple but varied melee system with shittons of weapon types and different stances with unique combos for each type. It's really really similar to how musou games work.

This user is full of shit. Warframe is top tier garbage and with the recent updates the game has only gotten worse and the grind isn't any better. Don't listen to this user's lies, but instead just pirate one of the dynasty games or like hyrule warriors or some shit.

nah I just want OP to have a better life and gaming experiences

after 15mins the flashy effects get dull and the gameplay repetitive and you ask yourself "what am I doing with my time…."

might as well play Sengran Kagura, at least you get jiggling tits

OP asked for a mindless hack&slash, user provided one of the best free hack&slash games out there. The game has tons of depth when it comes to modifying your stuff and has a decent variety of game modes and enemies. If you want mindless grind to kill some time, make cool weapons and murder tons of dudes you could pick a far worse game than Warframe.

yes
no
you just slot all the damage mods and thats it, anything else is objectively worse because of their horribly designed damage system (which they're about to make even worse next patch and ruin the game further)

I've never said that it's better than high tier musous like Dynasty Warriors or Sengoku Basara.
But's still better and more varied than senran kagura, that's for sure.

If you want to be a faggot and stick to muh meta then sure. It's true that they were going to fuck up the damage system but they pushed the update back. Hopefully the huge community backlash made them see sense. Regardless, OP should at least try the game out.

I've heard the controls are fucked up on PC. Like mouse/keyboard unplayable and rebinding controllers can be a pain. This true?

Just play churayzee games and learn how to play without thinking (not hard to achieve this level).

Aren't we upset? If user doesn't like the game then he can play something else. I'm just saying the game has changed enough in the last couple of years it's worth a second look.

As far as DW4,5,6,7,8, SW2,WO1,2,Z go there are no problems with rebinding or performance, but those games also don't support mouse for anything. It's not like you need it, but it's there.
I'm pretty sure the whole meme about KOEI ports being trash came from some weird one off games like toukiden or that strategy one. All musou PC ports to date are pretty much flawless.

What is exactly your beef with Warframe? For a f2p game it has surprisingly high production values and relatively light on p2w, especially with unrestricted trading that you don't need to buy premium to participate in.
You hate edgy space ninjas or something?

Darksiders is pretty hack n slash with a bit of zeld,i recommend it

Is fate Extella any good?

I'd say better than senran but just slightly.

One Piece Warriors 3 looks good but but read people having problems with it and using a wireless xbox one controller.

Maybe before space potatoes

this

AARRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH

What are you on about? The purple lotus is an Ordus simulation. The real Lotus up and left with some weird guy.

Are you criticizing "story" in a musou/horde/grinder game?
Really?
Wanna talk about Liu "If I betray everybody, then I betray nobody" Bei, the people's hero?

Speaking of warframe what are warbros up to now?

who?

Probably homosex, just like Eminem.

if it was ordis I would be able to mute him. i have never done an archwing rush gamemode. if I run that node ordis shouldnt play any transmissions since ive never had that interaction. Watch it play one anyways.

people dont grind in this game. they just buy plat and stand around in relays.When they do finnally play the game they end up whining about x person getting more kills than them or some resource cost being too high. DE caves and makes shit easier. Happened in PoE update several.
if you remove the grind then theres nothing left to do is there? Story?

ded. sure 50 active people but most of them dont even have 2 years logged in the clan and will most likely die off until the next major update. fag dont actually contribute anything or even do the events.
so its DED

It's the best giantess romance simulator out there right now.
And I guess it has some kind of gameplay.

Not sure if emulating counts but you can get the Wii ver. of Sengoku Basara 3 Utage. Speaking of musou is there an English translation of Orochi Z on PC at all? It isn't necessary but it's nice to have anyways.

This, could had being more interesting as "price" of all those powers and how war leads to some fucked up decisions to have a edge over the opponent. While keeping some of the Orokin thing, about how a post-human Elite distanced from reality would try to save its own skin at any cost, with how it backfired despite all of their technology.
Pototes are just a shitty way to fix how can you switch between warframes, while jury rigging how those powers are possible.

People (whales) were apologizing for it even before it supposedly "changed", so the skepticism is well deserved.

you need a berserk and speed volt

warframe is infact hot garbage and not at all a musou, i'm not sure why you're trying to insert it here. you really come off as an uninvited shill.
it's not as if musous themselves are super high quality gameplay, but they're good clean fun.

i can confirm that the dw8 port initially had poor bindings for dinput gamepads (with no option to remap) they fixed it pretty quickly. i never tried with m+kb though.

What makes it not a musou?

you can't genocide the chinese

You can get pretty close.

warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Gas_Damage
You can literally gas space kikes.

sounds like a lot less fun than tearing down farmers with a giant spear

Why has no one said EYE yet?

If you think that gassing kikes is less fun than anything you should be gassed as well.

You can genocide the players by playing Limbo and dropping a massive "no fun allowed, unless you like melee" bubble.

God I fucking hate how floaty the melee has become.

It's like you're fighting on an ice level in some shitty platformer: you just slide everywhere you need to go in the most unnatural of ways, and it happens even if you don't make any directional inputs.

Because just like OG warframe it lacks any meaningful melee. Ditto for games like Serious Sam, Painkiller or even EDF.
What separates horde shooter from musou game is accent on melee system.
WF is still arguable really, but at least you can pull off some flashy combos in it.

DE can't into game design.

Play fencer you cock gobbler.

So left4dead is a musou clone too now?

yeah its shit and majority of the stances in the game are dog shit. for a example the lastest melee weapon + stance is a knife fan. just in the quick animation, where alll you have to do is mash the melee button to pull it off, is a bit where you stop moving completely and fan yourself at the end of the combo. fucking retarded. nunchuck animation is also awkward as well. Most people in the game just use quick melee. having the weapon out and channeling is rarely used because its stupid.

They were complaining about melee feeling like shit, not being unrealistic.

Well t be honest the last not floaty musou game I think was DW5 and its iterations.
DW6 and onwards as well as grindframe are all floaty and weightless, which at this point feels intended. Are they trying to go for wuxia feel or something?

There's the Bladestorm games on PC but I don't know what they're worth since I don't play musou games. I think the particularity of those games is that you can order troops around but maybe you can do that in some other musou too.

It would be awesome, admit it.
Maybe center the story in the Horus Heresy so you're fighting chaos marines too.

Bladestorm isn't a musou, it's more like Kessen. Not everything Koei makes is a musou you know.

80% of what Koei makes is Musou.

There's bladestorm 100 years war. Centered around the war between france and england, during the war of the roses, with joan of arc and edward the black prince.

How the fuck has no one said musou stars yet? It even has a cutie waifu

He said NO MUSOU.

Where?

Right in the body. Other than musou. Which dynasty warriors is.

the new total war looks like its going to be a good warriors game

The words "other than musou" are not in the body.

Yeah that's it.
I thought about it.
Warhammer Musou NEEDS to exist.

Get the fuck outta here.

Well shit man, I actually wanted this for such a long time, but I haven't bothered with TW since Rome 2…

Hope it's not a shit show.

Nier: Automata is basically a sad Musou. Play it to fuck up garbage cans and question your purpose in life while coming up with no concrete answers.

Shit anything by platinum games plays like a slightly evolved musou.

N:A is nothing like a Musou game. Your friends are shit tier in Musou games, but at least you get to bring them and they do something. In N:A you're all alone. and the gameplay is too shootey.

Okay now it's a musou.

But that's wrong.

The only time I've found the AI to be helpful is in the Empires games where you massively outnumber the enemy and have at least upgraded your weapons a bit and that's only on normal difficulty.

I wasn't a fan of buddying up with 9S or playing as him but he was just as useful in the game as the friendly AI in a musou game.

Can you skip playing as 9S? it's one of the reasons why i havent bothered getting the game.

Nope.

You actually end up playing as 9S for most of the game. It wouldn't be so bad if he had a strong attack instead of hacking.

Yeah, it's called holding down the Y button whenever you encounter an enemy. I don't know why they couldn't just give him a hard attack or something and mapped hacking to another button.

It's not fun though Yoko, it's not fun!

You're supposed to rely on his hacking mechanic. Most enemies go down in one hack, they harder ones go down in like 4 hacks.

I wish I could have played through the whole game as A2. Her section was too short.

Bah, i'll pass then. Playing as a shota is boring as shit.

Did you need it shoved in your fucking face, because it fucking was

test