The Rise and Fall of EA Sports Big, as Told by the Creator of SSX

archive.is/uCEdE

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/NYxtX
nsta.org/publications/news/story.aspx?id=58548
archive.is/O1olp
physicstoday.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/PT.3.3427
archive.is/3TB6n
blogs.discovermagazine.com/sciencenotfiction/2009/02/03/is-big-bang-theory-bad-for-science/#.WlZI-jdryUk
archive.is/Leqeq
businessinsider.com/7-things-keeping-women-out-of-science-2013-10
archive.is/9GXgA
archive.fo/lbGaX
dualshockers.com/visceral-games-closed-linear-games/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That explains everything about the games since.

Also SSX 2012 came a little close to 3 and Tricky, but it just didn't get there because of the bits of reality bogging it down like needing to equip yourself appropriately for mountains.

Everything wrong with AAA in two sentences.

Ah ha, 2007 strikes again. No wonder why that year felt like the acceleration of the end. That was when the American recession started. Thanks Jews!

And yet there are still people who pretend like 2007 wasn't the beginning of the year.
Good read OP, thanks a bunch

I put John Ricearoni's promotion on "the 2007 list" at least five years ago.

*Beginning of the year

And this has happened to most if not all AAA companies with modern consumers more than happy to gobble it up.
This whole article really reinforces the stance of the majority of users here, especially with the reference of devs not focusing on the core gameplay first, focusing instead on the side content.

This really was a much better read than I was expecting.
It doesn't bring anything new to the table but proves what people have been saying for years about these companies and games for years now.

Yep, can confirm that.

So which one's worst in your eyes, guys? EA becoming the Ultimate Golem, NoA actively participating in corporate terrorism over independent fan developers AND THEIR OWN JAPANESE BRANCH, the Chinese getting a slice of the Western market to flood it with what can only amount to paid computer viruses like PUBGs or hardcore gamers and speedrunners reaching their ultimate objective of disenfranchising their whole audience of people into technical aspects of vidya in favor of little kids?

>NoA

Them fuckers a large part of the reason why gaming is in the mess it is in the first place.

He was the one who meddled with C&C and helped create the mediocrity that was RA3 and the abomination that was 4.
And things have gotten so bad those are starting to look appetizing.

EA and other AAA companies becoming the Ultimate Golem that was the shit thag brought consumer standarts completely down.
Shit like Modern Warfare 2 50 Mil of production budget and 200 Mil of marketing which other companies sought to imitate.

And it's not like that shit had never happened before, FFVII and Halo are notable for this too, but the games themselves were halfway decent and these were used to push a completely new platform and even a completely new graphical standart with FFVII.

I hope Howard Lincoln rots in hell

Bump for quality thread. I own NBA Street 2, its fun and a good game. Its a shame that EA EA'd itself and ruined one of the only good parts of their entire company

I have to agree after reading those pictures. What a massive faggot. White did nothing wrong.

Didn't one of the NBA Street games have Mario in it?

Same lawyer kike that headed and helped market the NES on Americlap after Ataris major fuckup.
American vidya was never good on consoles

FTFY

FTFY

This is one of the things that I will forever hate and this is what makes certain sleeper hits, even if not particularly good (like PUBG or VRChat) completely lose the suits' shit. What's the point of advertising a turd so hard? ME Andromeda, Nu-Male's Sky, MvCI and all the others had massive campaigns that amounted to very little, while mobileshit with just a little hint more soul in them (despite them still being gachashit whale-pandering freemiums) can boast hundreds upon thousands of dollars with zero of them being spent on advertising. Even that multiplayer tower defense game every normalfag is so into only had like two commercials that run every once in a blue moon and it's still more successful than the AAA industry on a relative scale.
Also talking about SSX made me remember the best remix.

Which one is that? I have no idea what normalfags are into nowadays, but I do love me some tower defense.

In all honesty without the NES I don't think any major vidya would come over here nor do I think the home console ever regain any traction here. In fact the affect would likely spill over too the market with C64 and amgia and affect that as well. Which in turn would also affect the PC

Nah, some good shit on PC and even some exceptions on console at one time.

Why are you here?

Home computers would probably be the standart if nowadays if that happened.

EA brought back their "let's have random people make a game" system awhile ago, they must have realized a committee is a terrible way to have a game made.

they found more opportunities to take some risks. They generally use their sports games to fund other projects. I think this model is ultimately the best way to make games.

Too fucking late, nobody cares anymore.

Too little too late, they fucked up, instead of building a brand up and not over blow the budget towards Pedowood retards and marketing shills, they went for Hollywood marketing ala CoD, fucking infuriates me about Dead Space and Visceral being the latest victims of this fucking craze they did.

…and the games they made don't sell (Mirror's Edge and its remake, Unravel or the future game made by that jew who said "Fuck the Oscars").

Mirrors Edge sold well, the reebot was unnecessary when people were asking for a sequel and not only that but it had SJW pandering, and was shit.
They're low effort indies with no budget and always poorly managed and marketed by Ea.

The original came out in back in '08, so no. Meanwhile, Catalyst was touted back at E3 2013 as this "big new title, coming only from EA", so, again, no'.
That game is getting a sequel: archive.fo/NYxtX
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons got an average of 90 for the PC version, so it falls in line with EA's older policy (Even though, it's just director returning with a whole new studio).

Can someone give me a quick rundown on these pics?

The game may be generic trash and the dev a complete fag, but Yarny is the cutest fucking thing and I will stand by that to the grave.

Learn to read then, eggface

So how much padding is in this video?

I turned off the video the second he started talking about rap getting mainstream.
I don't know how that ties into video games having age ratings, but there you go.

Fine then, you want a quick rundown?
The people in the public are such fucking idiots because they'd rather react to something that offends them and have the politicians regulate it rather than actually do their homework and figure out what the game they're buying Little Johnny for Christmas actually is.

And the people who would rather be told this shit rather than actually find out are as much of a low-life nigger as these people are.

The Chink menace will have the worst long-lasting ramifications.

I just finished reading them, so sure.

Nintendo basically leveraged Congress against Sega by causing political issues and then espousing how nice and clean they were compared to mean old Sega. Sega actually had their own rating system, but Nintendo and Sega both went at each other for everything they could. In short, Nintendo wanted to attack Sega's success politically. The guy that headed it at Nintendo also had a personal grief with the Sega guy.

This lead to the creation of a lobbying group and the ESRB.

It's real sad to see the current state of society when just twenty five years ago it was politically popular to complain about heavy violence in games. This also has me thinking about how, despite the violence in BOTW and SMO, there's never actually blood or particular human violence, which is interesting to note. I suppose as long as you're killing monsters in their sleep, no one cares, which seems fair enough.

Holy shit those digits
Anyhow, it's called Clash Royale and it's a spin off of another cancerous mobileshit called Clash of Clans, it has some pretty cool ideas with a card system and multiplayer being the big focus of it but it's still the South Park tier freemium bullshit and normalfags keep gobbling it up.

There's no complaining about those games because they either pay off the special interest groups or were in bed with them in the first place. There's no such thing as an organic nationwide controversy.

I was mocking how long-winded the video was, nothing more.

I just meant that it doesn't even seem to occur to people about the violence. In BOTW you can sneak up on monsters and kill them in their sleep immediately and in SMO it's a core mechanic to take control of monsters and basically use them for suicide missions.

Both of these are fun enough and you could make the argument that it's different when you're doing this to other people, because it may teach kids to devalue human life, but it's still strange to consider. It's similar to how Samurai Jack used robots and monsters so they could have liquids spilling everywhere when they get cut in half, yet when that liquid runs red, some people complain.

>>>/cuckchan/

Yeah, Nintendo of America is fucking trash, There's no doubt about that. however what worries me is their influence on Japanese projects. Who knows how many games had to be canceled because NoA refused to market them, hell it's a miracle Europe localized the original Xenoblade at all. It's interesting how Tatsumi put the localization teams in contact with the devs, it can be either really good or really terrible. Either way the fact that fags like pic related have a place in Nintendo's development process is a problem. Also another issue I noticed is that NOBODY in Treehouse supports or is even neutral against Trump, which is troubling due to the lack of ideological diversity. However that seems to be a major issues for most tech companies nowadays.

I wonder if he gave up on the industry, I'd hope not. However there's a certain point people can reach, and it seems like he'd hit it by now.

One thing I've noticed with the NoE branch is that it's very consistent, even if it's not exactly the best in terms of VAs or localization choices. I.E. most games use britbong accents for no other reason than because they're translated there. I guess it's because of the Franco-Anglo axis, they absolutely adore dweeb shit more than anything else in the world and would be devastated from losing that share of the market.

by dweeb do you mean weeb shit? Just so I understand where you're coming from.

Truly the beginning of the end.

You know, on the surface, the show is silly and ridiculous with a bunch of nerdy characters. At the end of the day, however, the show so horridly misrepresents STEM fields in so many ways that it ultimately causes a severe net negative impact on society for some cheap entertainment.

nsta.org/publications/news/story.aspx?id=58548
archive.is/O1olp

physicstoday.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/PT.3.3427
archive.is/3TB6n
(There's not quite as much social analysis in this article, but it brings up general points about the show's plot itself compared to popular stereotypes.)

blogs.discovermagazine.com/sciencenotfiction/2009/02/03/is-big-bang-theory-bad-for-science/#.WlZI-jdryUk
archive.is/Leqeq
>People loved Urkel, but no one wants to be Urkel.

businessinsider.com/7-things-keeping-women-out-of-science-2013-10
archive.is/9GXgA (Most of this article is the same ridiculous bullshit hysteria, but they specifically bring up Big Bang Theory as a contributing factor)

Not only is a Hollywood show fake and gay, it's also directly antithetical to the hysterical bullshit agenda that most of the liberals who cheer on shows like this are actively trying to enact. Imagine my surprise.

What do you mean, 2007 was the best year for us gamers.
t. normalfag

Actually 2007 had some top tier games
It was just the starting point for a ton of cancer.

Yeah 2007 was truly awful, wasn't it fellow anons :^)
Gee I sure love to rewrite history

Your story reminds me of a childhood friend turned tranny. Despite being a failure st everything and have no meaningful skill set he somehow landed a job but testing Microsoft games. Turns out he got hired through good word by people already working there. Just about everyone there is a tranny other than the higher ups.

I get that it's nepotism now but I don't understand how they all rooted themselves in the first place.

Garbage and that one was release in 2011, Witcher 1 was the one released in 2007
Garbage
Your taste is garbage, 2007 brought much better shit than that.

>>>/suicide/

It wasn't really supposed to be a

Also The Witcher 1 was pretty great
Same goes for GoW

It was, you posted Witcher 2 though
No, it was always a streamlined shallow hack and slash riddled with quick time events.

I fucked up the pic, sorry

I haven't played GoW since 2007 but
1- That was the start of QTEs, long before they became overdone and boring
2- I liked the gameplay, however I don't know if it still holds up today. but 2007 me liked it and I'm sure it's a good entry-level title into the hack and slash genre

They were overdone and boring the moment they appeared.
Because it was babies first hack and slash shilled to hell and back by Sony, even moreso than DMC, an actual good game.

That's a fucking lie

Not every game needs to be Platinum-levels of complex.

It's like saying that Mario 64 Star Road is better than 64 itself because its level are more complex and require amazing skill to complete.

That's a one off game, it might have used QTEs first but it was by no means the game that started the trend or popularised it.
It's QTEs aren't even similar to the modern stuff we have.

Nigga neither of those are by any degree popular or well known

Not to mention you're somehow trying to push full motion games as if they were in any way connected to mid-gameplay modern QTEs

This nigga gets it.

Did you start playing vidya with 6th Gen?
Because you sure as shit sound like it, quick time events were always cancer from day one.
Except Platinum/Clover actually put effort into their games and they can be played by both casuals and hardcore gaymurs alike and isn't even that complex.
GoW is casual button mashing shit
Except Platinum games don't require amazing skill to beat you goddamned nigger.

You know what, whatever.
I don't even like hack and slash games, I don't care about discussing this at all

2007 was the start of such a horrific cancer that the fact that some of the best games is really just the shining beacon in a dank, piss-stained swamp of mediocrity. I feel like it's disingenuous to count Halo 3 as part of that cancer in 2007, though, since Halo: CE initially released in 2001 and was effectively met with so much unwarranted praise that Microsoft Gaming Studios had no choice but to allow the cancer to grow; Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect, CoD: Modern Warfare, and a huge number of other shooters released in 2007 honestly makes 2007 feel more like the year the cancer began to metastasize rather than when it began. After all, cancer is only dangerous if it is not stopped early, but is allowed to grow and spread. Beyond that point, your options are primarily painful and invasive, and can potentially lead to death or amputation.

For every great game released around 2007, the mass commercialization and generic dumbing-down of many genres churned out so many more mass-marketed bullshit titles that gained unwarranted popularity. I would actually argue that Modern Warfare is, generally speaking, the best of the modern Call of Duty titles even though I don't particularly like it because it was a unique concept that deviated from the previous formula of "historically accurate" war shooters, all taking place in WWII, with an active multiplayer community; it would take them 10 years and 9 more titles to get back to produce another WW2 shooter. All of the other major shooters around that time are ultimately very similar to this story.

It shows, you like GoW

No, that would be the first one which actually evolves the concept of Medal of Honor Allied Assault.
The fact that UO is tied to it speaks volumes on it's quality.
Absolutely, mostly due to 2 things, a boom in tech consumers brought from an increasingly user friendly digitalized tech industry and a financial crisis soon after that brought product quality and consumers standards down which were low with said huge increase in consumers.

Fucking soy boys.

You think he's fucking around like Alison Rapp? I believe him.

Suffering.

This is why we can't have another Amped 2.

Honestly what the fuck even is EA? How the fuck are there so many people at EA, what do any of them even do? Boss people around? All of them? Do they boss eachother around?

A poorly managed company with god awful corporate culture that pushes for competition more than anything else and that's wholly owned by the stock kikes.

From what I heard
>Hire young gullible talent that can be paid much lower wages than old staff.

Carriage before the horse.

The Sims was originally an architect simulator where people could easily build houses, but was changed into being a dollhouse simulator. Operation Protect The Gays wasn't until 2012 or 2013, around the same time SJWism was clawing huge into gaming and EA already won a "worst company of the year" award. At that time Maxis was still around putting the final touches on The Sims 3; even though they also worked on The Sims 4 at the time it was a whole new studio EA made. That's when it went from a game about watching people do things in a house to virtue signaling and having 8 genders followed by Maxis was closed down to the sound of grilled cheese sandwiches while EA's in house studio makes half assed expansions packs for 4.

In comparison to a lot of EA's other games The Sims did have a huge female audience, but it doesn't mean that The Sims contributed to starting up a LGBT/SJW agenda at the company. That was EA saving their asses by catering to a (nonexistent) market that wasn't already pissed off at them like everyone else was at the time. Too bad that the market is too small and doesn't actually play videogames to use to recover from constant and basic fuckups of the past 5 years of sequels and releases.

So another worthless American company.

It's actually the worthless American company, all the worst practices behind the scenes in the entire vidya industry can be directly traced right back to them. They're the flagship of all of it.

Jesus tap dancing fucking christ, I didn't know it was possible to feel such utter disdain for another human being as I feel right now.

God dammit. You don't get to decide what I can and cannot play, you motherfucker, and the fact you are in a position that you may actually get to exert some type of influence in that way disgusts me.

Pushing for competition is the only good thing to do.
EA does not do that. They try to canibalize anything that can compete with them, trying to create monopolies everywhere. They are the opposite of a competitive company.

Make it WESTERN company.
The western entertainment as a whole needs to end.

Faggots aren't human beings.
If real humans killed more of them, a lot of current problems in entertainment wold be solved.

weeb shit yes

The act of terrorism doesn't just imply bombing the shit out of some place. NoA, throughout the ages, managed to:

And never forget the refusal to release games in the west simply because they would be far from the "kiddie and family" image of their main franchises.
As for hiring antifags, this is reason enough to never buy a western Nintendo product again, if they don't fix it and PUBLICLY announce it.

So Nintendo of Europe is actually cool while Nintendo of America is fucking cancer?

Correct me if I'm wrong here.

While on the topic, here's a repost of what that guy at NoA said in regards to Xenoblade and bringing it west. Essentially comes off as "You might say you want this, but your kind don't matter enough to us". Probably also why it was originally such a small print run (resulting in preowned copies going for $120 and new ones for like $200 for a while), assuming they still wanted to shave costs even with NoE having footed almost all the work by that point besides NA production and marketing. If memory serves, he got fired for putting these statements out there; can't remember if it was for describing what NoA actually thinks and their process of picking games (such might have been confidential), or coming off as insulting to a percentage of NoA's customer base.

NoE still did some blacking of characters in one of the 3DS style savvy games if memory serves, but in script comparisons I've seen for certain lines in various other games, they seem to be more professional about how they handle those, as opposed to taking a game's script as an opportunity to meme at the player with outdated doge references, or do complete rewrite garbage. And as far as vidya memes go, organic ones derived from a game by the players themselves is the way to go about it; Xenoblade Chronicles having been a prime example of such. NoA is most definitely fucking cancer though.

While I can understand what he's saying, I see no reason for them to not take risks when every Mario/Zelda can save their ass. They have no reason not to take risks when they have such huge games to always save them. How do they ever expect their company to grow?

See, the thing about them wanting to specialize in a market, I can understand on a financial level. They built a rep for that kind of title and hence just port over those titles. But what I absolutely lose my shit over is the amount of ideology-pushing and censoring those titles have to endure, as well as the fact that NoA fabricates outright lies to convince their jap counterparts not to develop those niche games anymore. Even EA, for all their faults, had suits that understand that if there's a core demographic, there's gonna be a game released with that type of gameplay, instead of creating stories about how their third person shooter with a gimmick isn't selling because people are not interested in it.

Not really, but they're much better than NoA. As the user said, they do fuck with the IPs but never to the level of NoA's adding memes and removing gameplay options.

Actually they DO have the risk. The Wii U was one of their worst consoles and all their third party devs left them to work on PS4 titles. The Switch was yet another hail mary, it worked and hence they don't want to lose their top spot for a gamble that might turn out to underperform. But that being said, they could've gone with the software-download-only road and still have distributed the game, which they didn't. NoA could have used a NoE sub/dub, which they won't do because otherwise they wouldn't be able to justify their antifa "translators" (who really just take the NoE translation and run wild with it).

Or if it does get released in the west like Fatal Frame V, outright butcher it with censorship despite the game spewing talking points NoA would agree with in a heartbeat.

So, does this mean that we'll never get another good SSX game again?

archive.fo/lbGaX
dualshockers.com/visceral-games-closed-linear-games/

Raise awareness of that. Do as the Falcom fans did, and form groups with japanese speaking individuals to mail letters directly to Nintendo of Japan to inform the crimes that are taking place in the west.
If every little decision by NOA is met with outrage and boycotts, it will help too.

NOA must be fought with the same force that mobilized Star Wars' fans against Disney. They can be brought to their knees.

And it was abandoned. Being profitable is not enough to guarantee the existence of the product or the company, if it alienates the consumers and third party companies.
If Nintendo releases anything resembling the Wii U, it is guaranteed to have a bad reception. That is how it failed.

I knew a guy in college who was a huge Nintendo fanboy and would argue in favor censoring games, and this is the difference that matters. Nobody is defending the practices of EA games, there is no vocal minority that is saying they like what EA is doing, so long as cucks like him exist, Nintendo is safe from criticism.

Should also clarify that Xenoblade Wii/3DS does have some changes from the Japanese version in regards to names (Fiorung -> Fiora, Carna -> Sharla, Black Face -> Metal Face) even with NoE at the helm instead of NoA, but as far as I'm aware everything else was left alone. Had NoA opted to pick it up first, it strikes me that there's quite a bit of things that might have been cut or altered, and for which an eventual PAL release would have likely suffered the same (given how often existing NA scripts/English dubs get ported rather than redone when it comes to regional releases).

It could also stem from the fact that the prior Monolith Soft console JRPG on Nintendo systems they'd decided to bring west (Baten Kaitos Origins) sold abysmally, and they might have wanted to avoid having another case of "we spent all this money on 8-4's work and didn't make a profit" on their hands. I'm more inclined to believe that NoA was just being lazy/cheap though, since Xenoblade is indeed a huge game with a lot of text and voicing (though I have to question if it would have been cheaper to just license the JP voices if English VA cost was as big an issue as Pranger made it out to be), and htat it wasn't simply Xenoblade they gave the treatment to at the time (having said "No, no, and no" to initially bringing over Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower). Also for some reason companies are much more apt to dump their marketing money into games that would likely sell just fine with very little actually done, as opposed to games that actually need more of a push (while not Nintendo, MW2 for example is noted to have had a marketing budget four times the size of its actual development one, at $200,000,000 on just shilling).

Clearly, prices jumping up to $120 preowned on Xenoblade a few months after release must have told them that supply most certainly wasn't meeting demand (thus their "no audience" notion having issues), but NoA still held off on reprinting them for a bit over a year, and then cared so little they let Gamestop scalp them at $90 "preowned", letting Gamestop make a huge fucking profit instead of helping the game become more easily, more cheaply ownable.

Western NoA fans seem, by and large, willing to excuse any horseshit NoA (as well as Nintendo itself when NoJ is also responsible, like adoption of Amiibos) does. Censorship can easily get the "they have a child-friendly image to maintain", "they've always done it so it's nothing new", and "this makes the game more palatable to me personally" responses, and blatant script changes and memery can wind up with "it adds to the charm!" excuse in similar fashion to how Working Designs drones are. Also the universal "If they weren't allowed to do this we wouldn't have the game in English anyhow" defense. I'm not saying not to fight it, just that it's never going to be easy when the vast majority of western fans excuse and embrace their behavior, or don't care either way. And when it comes to niche games selling badly, companies seem much more inclined to just blame low sales on there "not being a market for such games out here" (likely as an excuse against bringing more of such west), rather than admit to having sabotaged sales with changes that made the audience disinterested in that particular work in English.

I swear, some of these companies have a pre-existing idea about something not being worth their time, and then go out of their way to create evidence that supports that belief. While doing so might waste money, they can just as easily have something tangible to point to as a "well we tried that before, and look how it turned out for us" thing. Then they can feel justified in taking money that could have been invested in said games and dump it into safer selling ones they want to focus on.

FTFY

That's what happens when you don't use LEGOs.

Why did EVERYTHING bad happen in 2007?

it was the beginning of the end

Well and it was one of the last years of good/interesting releases for a long time:

Was also the year that Burning Crusade came out, and MS released a version of the 360 that didn't RROD (and extended the warranty for all current owners), if you're into either of those things

It is not.
The same was said about EA and Disney. "Fanboys will never let that happen".
And it happened.
They were brought down. No company is safe from mass boycotts and outrage that directly affects their profit. Especially when it is made permanent, by always attacking the smallest mistake that a company make, every time that it makes one.

Who said it would be easy. It is necessary, and proven to be possible. So it must be done, regardless of the hardships.
What you said about pre-existing idea (prejudice, in fact) is spot on. You can see this on interviews and books about the matter. From Sega, to Nintendo, to Sony, all of them had at some point, CEOs in their american branches that simply did not wanted some of their products brought from Japan. They wanted to maintain some kind of illusion that everything was american, and not japanese influenced, as if the company, publicly owned by japanese, was all american. I suppose the deformed kikes played a role in that. You can see the long damage that this has done even now, with some suits simply refusing to accept a product from their own company, and attacking the customers that like said product. They clearly have an agenda against those products.
That is why it is important to always pressure them into leaving the companies and the companies themselves into ignoring their decisions.

i just want to point out the "geek culture" thing had been gradually gaining traction throughout the aughts. Big Bang Theory being the creatively bankrupt corporate drivel that it is could not have existed otherwise.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 says otherwise.

underrated post excellent games that didn't have that much success.

Pure cancer. You're part of it.
It's literally the beginning of the sequel diarrhea being always shittier than the next, Hat Fortress 2 get a special mention has having killed the FPS (led to overwatch and the retarded concept of "hero shooter", popularized free to pay while bringing a shit ton of normies to the medium. It was only mitigated because Portal bundled with it did the same but worse as they created the entire walking simulator class of games…).

A little off topic, but I remember when Xenosaga came out, every fucking story about it was, "lol it's just a bunch of cutscenes. Hey, why don't you make a movie instead?" And they would mock it further, saying it was too Japanese for most Americans.
Nowadays every AAA title is just a fucking cutscene, and they pay more money for the actors than anything else.
What was that all about?

I just want to say I've been seeing this thread in the catalog for a few days now and it always draws my attention because for some reason my brain thinks this fucking pyramid is an ass. I get so disappointed when I actually look directly at it and realize it is not actually an ass that I don't even want to read the thread title and I am still not going to do so as I post this.

That is all.

For reference…
IT'S THE KIKES

Hold the fuck up nigger. TF2 did not start as F2P nor did it "popularize" the idea. Stop making shit up. They adopted a model that had been in use by MMOs for a long fucking time. Their character designs and personalities were great, but were just a marketing tool. You can't go back and say it was a problem just because some bland generic shit came along after it and gets compared to it. Overwatch's "heros" were likely far more influenced by ASSFAGGOTS like LoL or DotA, but in shooter form.