Starship Troopers Game

I've been ignoring this for a long time now because I always assumed this was just a piece of shit tie in game but my curiosity is getting the best of me. Is this game any good? At all?

I have no idea, but I expect it to be absolutely civilian.

It's shit.

The book was good, the original movie was okay, the animated series was shit, I imagine the game will be worse.

Just play EDF

It doesn't have a very complete feeling to it, but there are some good parts to it.
The way they made the swarms attacking in great numbers is impressive, or was at the time.
You'll also recognise the places from the film.
Download it for free, try it out.

Came here to say this

/thread

why live

I'm waiting for 5 right now.

Now this is interesting to me care to elaborate?

just like make mod :^)

It's a good day to die? :^) But seriously, Heinlein's still tossing in his grave over nuSSTs

I wanna slam my gigantus into wing driver-chan, if you know what I mean.

Theres a shitton of enemies on screen.
Fucking hundreds of them which lose limbs as you shoot them.
Theres two types of damage for armored and unarmored enemies.
It revisits a ton of the films locations plus new ones.
Enemy varity is ok

It's kinda like Serious Sam but more cinematic and very broken due to the devs being rushed and slower.
It's actually very fun though and holding the line with MI never gets old.

Another game that reminds me of it due to the scale in a time publishers and developers had actual ambition is Battle Engine Aquila.

Okay got it, playing it now.

It's pretty bad, sadly. Even for the standards of early 2000s

That's the FPS right? I never played it OP. I do remember Terran Ascendancy, a real time tactics game that was pretty fun. It pulled a bit of inspiration from the book, too. You could equip your men with different varieties of powered armour depending on their rank.

To save our mother Earth from any alien attack

Nailed everything, except the core gameplay itself. The weapons were too few and boring, the gunplay itself was unresponsive and absolutely barebones, all you do in the whole game is emptying your mag at a swarm of enemies. The number of enemies on screen was really impressive, pretty much the same as what you saw in the movie, but that's the only good thing about it.

The movie was great, the book had it's moments but all in all it was pretty dull.

For a Starship Troopers game, I prefer FPS to RTS, more immersive and stuff.

That game was great. Very little seem to know about it though.

I like the film but I can't really truly enjoy any Verhoeven films anymore because I found out that he is straight up fucking 70IQ retarded. Actual quote from Paul Verhoeven about Starship Troopers:

He sounds like a 16 year old tumblrista.
sage for Holla Forums

very few*

It was boring to him because he is a lefty faggot.
He makes pretty good movies though.

Did you miss out on Alien Swarm and Helldivers too?

I'd rather want a straight adaptation of the book, no irony shit.

It's not like the book had great story either. The characters are lame. I prefer the movie for excellent the production value.

Subhumans like you is the reason we'll never get a movie about soldiers in power armor dropping from orbit and killing chinks with mini-nukes while making mile long jumps.

No, but a triggered jew.

Sounds like zero tension wankery.

We did, it's called Starship Troopers 3 and it fucking rules.

The japs do make some movies about those, and they are pretty good.

Too bad half the book was sitting in a classroom listening to an old fart yammer on, and jerking off to female pilots and how much better than men they are.

That CGI movie? It was neat, though the power armor is nothing like in the books and it only gets shown near the end. Still more faithful to the book than the original movie ever was.

The classroom is some of the best parts of the book, and where most redpills get dropped.

Heinlein is a cuck, there's no denying that. Doesn't make the impact of the novel's concepts any less significant.

There is an actual Starship Troopers 3 movie, and it embraces itself more wonderfully than the 1st movie.

And there are 2 movies now, and they are both breddy good.

This is why I ask you guys what to expect, nobody told me this.

weird way to spell 'downgrade'

And if that isn't enough, include Helldivers with it.

From vicious giant insects who have once again come back

no one evre talks about hellldivers

Whenever I bring up that OVA nobody fucking remembers it, I think /monster/ had a movie stream and they played that.

Heinlein was medically discharged from the Navy in 1934 (pulmonary tuberculosis), The fact that he was disallowed from rejoining due to his prior medical condition allegedly was part of his inspiration for some of the philosophy in Starship Troopers. Also he was never a marine he was a navy officer who served on the USS Lexington (radio communications).

They are overtly described as communist at one point (see pic), Heinlein never stated to my knowledge that he based them on ANY Nation (feel free to correct me on this)if you bring up that shitty cracked article i will fucking glass you cunt.
Have you actually read the book?

And it somehow the closest to the original out of all of the non-Heinlein iterations

Allegorical towards anything but communist China

Why would someone go on the internet and just make things up?

underrated, a masterpiece

Which is a shame, because that game is Starship Troopers as fuck.

smh edf is literally starship troopers there is no difference you mouthbreathing anime lover

good luck with your next bait

He tried to parody the book’s fascist description of the future. Ended up making it look badass, got called fascist by film critics and promoting the book to a new generation. Like poetry :)

Heinlein is going to get purged from acceptable goodthink soon, after they get done with Lovecraft.

wew

Fucking this. Helldivers is a great game, and no one seems to know about it.

It's ungodly repetitive, though it's Starship Troopers as shit. Not awful but it's reasonable that it's not too popular. Like the gameplay though, just gets old fast.

It would've been better if the devs didn't abandon it almost immediately after launch.

Thanks for the recommendation. Torrenting and will seed to ~20 ratio.

Okay so I'm stuck at outpost 29, I can't take down this fucker. Is he really that much of a bullet sponge? For what purpose? Why not make him have a weak point on his head to stun him and prevent him from even smashing the walls at all?

Finally took him down, now I'm on the next level so my magic trick worked and I'm now able to fully play the game albeit at the shittiest graphics quality possible. Still looks decent enough and i like just how many enemies there are at any time. If the screenshot feature worked I'd use it, otherwise my keyboard doesn't have a screencap key and the function to use it brings me out of the game.