Shadowrun

Interested in buying the (relatively) recent trilogy of Shadowrun games for PC, but I remember seeing some drama surrounding it.

I don't know much about the game and I want to keep it that way, just tell me if it's good and if there's any SJW drama in it while revealing as little as possible.

Other urls found in this thread:

shadowrun.gamepedia.com/Heckler_&_Koch_HK227
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There's like a line or two of dialogue every several hours which could be considered SJW-ish, but outside of that naw not really.

Dragonfall has some gay shit about EBUL NADZIS in one mission. Hong Kong is alright.

As far as gameplay goes, DF is the better RPG while HK has slightly better mechanics.

Heavy handed as fuck mellodrama in the story even ignoring the shit gameplay and frequent crashes.

2/10 if only for aesthetics which is too clean to be honest

Alright cool, how much a dick can I be in these games? Can I side with the NADZIS?

It is worth it my friend. Play them all in order. Eiger and Gobbet are pure waifu material.

I'd love to give Gobbet a massive load in her hairy orc cunny and make her my little orc breeding slave.

Nazis: No
Dick: A lot but mainly around the end of DF if you play your cards right

Source material is alright to light cancer. Games play more or less like nuXcom with talking segments. Skip DMS/the first one. Pirate.

Ratfukers get of my board

Returns is incredibly linear and basically a tech demo.
Dragonfall is where the series hits it's peak, the writing is spot on and the conpanions interesting. Balance changes means that combat was made better too. AI is still retarded though.
Hong Kong has improved half the mechanics but fucked up the hacking half of the game. The writing is worse and can be best described as "Dragonfall with social justice". The companions are less interesting with the exception of two, the ghoul Samurai and the sociopathic roboticist.
In short, just play Dragonfall and pretend the same story happened again but in Hong Kong and with a more diverse cast to save yourself time.

It has Felicia Day, it can't be good.

orcs are fantasy niggers
absolutely disgusting

*Draws assault cannon*

Hoi chummer? Got something to say?

She's a chink though. That being said I would fug the little nigger dwarf is0bel as well she's just the right height and is a total shortstack.

Word in spoilers so those guys don't show up.

It's just a random character in a bar though, she has no impact on anything.

That's like saying that drawing a pair of testicles on the Mona Lisa wouldn't affect anything if you just ignore the testicles. The problem isn't how it affects people, the problem is that the testicles exist.

Look at the child who's never played Shadowrun before and experienced the broken trash that is dwarf mages.

That comparison is bullshit and you know it. Why the fuck do you make me defend Felatio Gay?

The game was made by SJWs and you would be giving money to them, so there is that. More importantly though they're not really very good games. Dragonfall is okay, but they're on the really shallow end of things gameplay-wise no matter how you look at it. Also buggy as shit even all this time after release. I'm a huge shadowrun fag who runs the tabletop with a group every week and even I can't recommend it. I mean they kind of miss the point of what Shadowrun is even about, for example the first game has literally 2 actual shadowruns in it, and that's it. Just find a GM and play real Shadowrun.

If you're gonna play one go for Dragonfall though.

Gloryhole has the best thousand cock stare tbh

Apparently you cant fuck the buff orc waifu
So whats the point

I tried to run DF solo on very hard but hit a roadblock on Bloodlines of all places because of those fucking mages. APEX Rising is going to be a pain in the dick and a final bunch of missions are gonna be quicksave central. Rate my build so far.

Body 6
Quickness 7
Ranged Combat 7
Rifles 3
Strength 1
Intelligence 3
Decking 3
Drone Combat 3
Willpower 4
Spellcasting 2
Charisma 3
Summoning 3 for Dragonslayer
Spirit Control 1

Full Auto has 60% hit rate on most enemies with current build and leveling RC past 7 is retarded because muh cyberware. Aim 2 is gonna help eventually, but with RC capped it's all only gonna go downhill from here. Drone Combat 3 is for Robo-Doc because extra item slots for 6 karma is too good. Gonna get Strength 5 for the chaingun, Body 7, Spellcasting 4 and Dodge 7.

Bitch, I'll cyberwhip your ass like a red headed stepchild. B-but muh range! Yeah, that's what the souped up taser and the longlas are for.

You get a raincheck and a fade-to-black She also submits to you.

How about don't be a jackoff of all trades?

What about OP girl? Do you get to fade-to-black with her?

Bitch I have to, Decking is required for some missions and the lowest 3 AP deck needs 3 decking, drone with two extra health kits is really fucking useful, spellcasting 2 is for Armor 1 and Heal Wound and Summoning 3 is for -3 damage totem. Quickness is gonna stay at 7 because cyberware is gonna bring it up to 11 which is the cap. Plus there's a ton of other checks in the game that makes you get extra karma if you have certain stats at certain points in the game. Solo runs in Shadowrun games are fucking stupid.

Extremely so in any game where the fags you drag with you provide most of the meat and color in the game.

She's used goods m8

She's a paid backer who paid for the portrait to be in the game, what should HBS have done, rejected her money because an anime Nazi imageboard doens't like her?

Yes.

Most of the bitching was about the interface being mobile friendly and it therefore being casualized shit.

You can be a nazi in the first game as I recall, second you can't because it'd break the story.

1 was mediocre, Dragonfall was excellent, Hong Kong was alright.

They should have never offered to let real people put their faces in for money. Greedy shit. Frankly I think my core problem with the HBS is they're kickstarter cash grabs cashing in on nostalgia, and I really gotta wonder where the money went because it sure didn't go into the games.

No you can't, you recall wrong. The nazi faction isn't even in the first game, for that matter there are no factions in the first game that you can join at all.

They're not a nazi faction. Case in point: you get paid by the literal ZoG to spare their local leader.

Why are you correcting me now when you didn't correct everyone else calling them "the nazi faction" first? I agree with you, I'm just using their own retarded terminology.

They should have stopped using Kickstarter, they already have 2 successful games under their belt at this point and they could avoid the Kickstarter fee. To bring back the painting analogy, it's like Harebrained studios is a painter who offers to add anything to his painting if someone pays him, this person pays him to add his neon fursona and the painter accepts like the whore he is. He may be allowed to whore himself out this way but at the same time we're allowed to complain about it.

basically casual xcom.

You don't need a fucking membership card to hold beliefs that play into the choices you make in game. And we're obviously using the bullshit modern meaning of nazi here, it's why it's not even capitalized.

user, there are 0 choices you can make in the first game that let you join Humanis Policlub. Period. You are remembering wrong. Don't get mad at me like a nigger.

>buisness owner can't accept clients because other clients not paying busybodies feel triggered
Your analogy is shit and so are you. What you get to bitch about is whether said content hurt the end quality of the game and kikestarter saps funding some of the best NPCs in that sorry crew did anything but.

Shit, user. It just seemed like the right time to correct that

You have the reading comprehension of a nigger.

I read you just fine, faggot. Just a retarded statement to make. By that logic any game lets you roleplay any faction ever. And also that doesn't line up with your earlier statement:

But still, and again: you aren't remembering right. You couldn't be a hardcore anti-meta in the first game. I recently played it again, believe me I'd know.

Besides from the normal background radiation like
>MUH EVIL CORP (Which is usually named Aztec.)
There is not much. Felicia Day had one of he last Cameos in HK. You don't need to give a fuck about that either according to my opinion, because it doesn't affect its good battle system which is also the main reason to pick that one up.

Your set role as a Shadow Runner in each game doesn't give you that option. It simply doesn't make much sense to join Humanis while you are a bydlo of the bydlos. Besides of that, Hare Brained Schemes are wussies and not blessed with enough resources for being excellent Dungeon Masters. Otherwise Dragonfall would contain the option to work racist groups, fapping to the awesomeness of German Ork blood and random encounters with racist gangs like those Crusader Bikers from Germany into the Shadows. You will see how limited that trilogy is when you pop in Returns.

Yup. Hare Brained are your typical gammafags and "geek" women trying to have a sexual monopoly in a limited market. Dragonfall is excellent for where it came from.

I can confirm what the other user said and that there are no options to be a racist. It would need another path and people who are better DMs to pull off. As I said above: Hare Brained is too cucked to deliver all the fun race war stuff from Germany into the Shadows. I bet they would even castrate the racist dick things possible Earth Dawn like wearing the skin of one of these Stone People as armor.

This is the cancer killing video games. This is why we are fucked in the ass by Ubisoft, Activision and EA and not playing more passion projects like Dwarf Fortress and Aurora. If profit seeking is the primary motive for making your game it's going to be shit, 100% guaranteed.

What a waste of trips
Whoring yourself out like that absolutely affects the end product since it is now part of it, a shadownanny will now forever be part of Shadowrun Hong Kong because HBS went with Kickstarter again. Pillars of Diversity will always have the badly written backer characters who are lesbians because Obsidian whored itself out. Felicia day's presence isn't that bad, it's the studio that let her get put in in the first place that is terrible, the same studio which let some backer write in Shadownanny, at best FD is just represents what is wrong with the company and with kickstarter games in one easy to digest image.

Human behavior is economic behavior. Greed is good. And there's nothing wrong with people making money from their quality, honest labor.* Provided it's actually quality, honest labor and not some shovelwave What IS wrong is shoehorned politics, right or left, that hurt both the profit margin and the end quality of the product.

PoE had far worse problems than the KS backstories and that's saying something considering they're essentially hammered in your face with no sense or tact involved. Now, I personally consider KS harmful since it promotes selling fog and promise rather than a finished product but I can hardly stop or care when a fool parts with his money.

Taking money from fools must be profitable considering how many game studios cannot seem to wean themselves off the teat of Kickstarter. The feeling of getting involved with the gaming industry with minimal effort and some cash is what these studios are seemingly selling to these people.

Did you enjoy Destiny 2? I get the point you are half-assedly trying to make though, and it doesn't apply to vidya as it is at its best as a medium of expression and creativity, not as a product to be packaged and marketed.

You really have no idea how these companies work, do you? Why AAA profit whoring games suck? Why they even get made?
Let me paint a quick timeline for you. A small group of friends or colleagues at a software company get together and decide they could start their own studio and make games for a living. All is well at first; everyone is working with people they like, and everyone's vision is more or less in sync. Then one of the developers gets greedy and leaves because he believes that their first major success is "mostly" his doing, or that the studio is beginning to sell out (but invariably, the leaver also wanted more money). This is what happened to id Software in '95 when Romero left.
Not good enough for you? Let's go down the line. Fast forward about a decade. The studio is strong because of its remnant founding members and known for what those people do best, but nowhere near its former glory. New leadership is far removed from the original vision the studio had when it was made. Now the studio enters a contract with a publisher. "We've seen your recent games and they lack the blockbuster selling capacity they once had," says the publisher suit. "We've decided that executive decisions need to be made by our sales department. They always know how to make the money, so just follow their lead."
So the sales department gets in the lead, or sales people worm their way into executive positions. Now their first game under new management is being released. "We need more time to polish this game; I wouldn't even buy this game myself in the state it's in due to the technical issues," says the director of development in a conference meeting. "No, no, you have to release it on time. Those details aren't what make the money, we need to produce games at a regular pace, once every two years. People will buy it at launch if we market correctly. Cancel all work on the new engine you have half the team on and we'll work 14 hour shifts until launch. Whatever state it's in by then will be fine, and we don't need a new engine to sell games anyway."
That's not just the story of id, it is the story of every single fucking developer bought by the likes of EA. Quality does not sell you complete fucking idiot.

Felicia Day should be the least of your problems when the game also has Chris Kluwe (although his self-insert Kickstart donor Troll only appears as a relatively minor character in Shadowrun Returns).

Morgan pls.

Pretty much this. For all you know, she might have a trash compactor in place of a vagina.

Meanwhile, you will never experience death by snu-snu from Eiger. Seriously, unless you're a troll yourself, lying atop of her would probably see your face buried in her breasts for most of the time.

As others already said:
Shadowrun Returns is a glorified tech demo and more of an example campaign for the game's editor.

Dragonfall is good.

Hong Kong is decent, but inferior to Dragonfall.

SJW pozz is not as bad as Holla Forums typically makes it out to be outside of that one Human Supremacist/Nazi mission in Dragonfall and Harebrained Schemes promptly apologizing for a possibly positive tweet about GamerGate.

oh, that's why drumpys always supporting Israel!

Just more proof that we live in a consumerist society rather than a capitalist one. Drawing in suckers to buy your shoddy cheaply made products is more important than making a quality product that can advertise itself through a good reputation.

How are the mods?

IIRC Shadowrun Returns has a relatively decent tribute to the original SNES Shadowrun. Haven't looked into it much otherwise.

Just wait until EA or Valve learn to use patreon.

I was going to answer that but it required a google check to make sure what's the difference between D1 and D2. And no, can't say I tried.

I always love trading jabs with someone educated on business practices by second hand Holla Forums theories applied to muh vidya crash. Quality or better yet perceived quality is what sells and that's one of the first things anyone worth their spit will tell you. Now, it's up to you or whomever to balance out the actual quality of the service or the product with the running costs.

I prefer Miriam

Shadowrun unlimited still hasen't ported over to Hong Kong.
Most mods follow the same pozzed theme and I played one mod that literally referenced Gamergate and started lecturing the player about how evil it was.

You're projecting. I work in software and this is what I have to witness slowly happen on a daily basis. Sales department shitheads always get to executive positions eventually because they "make the most money." It only happens faster in publicly traded companies. It's really not that hard to see it happening in video game developers when you read the articles and first hand accounts from developers.

There's only about one or two good ones for the whole series really. Can recommend the one with caper in the title for Hong Kong but other than that there hasn't been a lot I stuck with.

It's bad, but not for SJW reasons.

The social tensions are treated as tehy should in Shadowrun, and gendercrap is nowhere to be found. (You have a strong independent womyn on your team, but it's actually better to put her in her place publically around everyone else which earns you her respect.)

What sucks are absolutely non-strategic battles and no way to role play.

Battles have a tiny number of participants, who all have a minimal movement range and just a handful of basic skills. Every turn will play the same. The difficulty is absurdly low, even not using half of your arsenal you will NEVER lose a guy unless you really try. Enemies do next to no damage either and are hampered by the same lack of tactical options as you.

RPG-wise, you basically have a handful of optional quests while all main quests are non-negotiable yes-or-yes affairs. That was actually the reason I stopped playing: Toward the middle of the game some random corporate lady hits you up, "asking" you to go on a run for her surrounding a thing that's so totally, transparently evil that I expected this to be a clean moral choice thing. Something about sucking out childrens' blood or something.
The thing is, nope: The game expects you to get on a train while your characters are YELLING about how this seems fishy and the game never even mentioning another option.
Since everything in Shadowrun is so much down to what kind of person you are as a player, that's when I stopped going on. TL;DR 6/10, kept me entertained for a while and that King-Knights mission was excellent.

Answering phones and reading dilbert does not make you an expert on economics. Neither does confident shitposting. Now, I agree completely on the management being utter fucking cancer almost where-ever I worked through the years. Nepotism, suck-ups, straight up whores or private school babies that never had to work or earn a buck in their lives prosper while some fags I knew with doctorates that pulled double shifts doing manual labor. But that's life in general and no magical meme crash will fix it unfortunately.

Try the director cut. It umped the difficulty somewhat and added some new toys to play with.

That has nothing to do with the economic system and everything to do with male dominance hierarchies and dysfunctional men and corporate bullshit. Croteam, Vogel and a lot of more people are doing the same kind of games they always have been making. What you are talking about is actually consumerism, a bullshit form of Paganism. What is going on here is that there hasn't been a middle market except Big N for 10 years. We see one emerging now. It still tiny and everything is just two steps above your typical Indie crap. The West has been lacking in national gaming niches for about 18 years right now. There are no national Niches. German Simulator and Managerial games are practically the only game of distinct vidya in this hemisphere. So no, your half baked Holla Forums theories don't reflect the reality at all.

Again; This has more to do with the shit above and not with the System itself. Capitalism as such doesn't give a shit about what you do. I doesn't even care if it is fueled by Bydlos talking in Vodka and Cigarettes selling picked flea market goods on a soviet black market to each other.

Why do you think a Clown like Gary Johnson could become the candidate of the Libertarian Party? Any ideas why the Libertarians of 5 years ago are now making jokes about throwing communists out of helicopters to each other?

I have no idea. The ones a I have played where good enough. That was for Returns.

Directors Cut is the way. If you want more fightan, take HK. If not, ignore it. Definitely skip Returns. It is utter shit in comparison to the other two as I have predicted when somebody yelled at me for looking forward to Dragonfall on halfchan.

Charisma is absolutely broken and it's more a requirement than a tool for roleplaying. You pick "etiquettes" and pretty much all they are are skill checks for specific conversations, and from what I remember of Dragonfall and Dead Man's Switch only a few are actually used for 90% of skill checks.
The combat is a joke. I played a decker and specced fully into decking and charisma until both were maxed, and then put points into my rifle. The entire trilogy was a cakewalk.

Does anyone have some opinions on the SNES/Genesis games?

Get out Holla Forums.

Okay.

And you think I'm a half-baked "Holla Forums theorist."
This is a joke, I'm not going to derail the whole thread for this laughable argument, especially when I already know I'm right.

Nice try, but leftykike are the last ones to tell you, that corporations makes everything suck ass, because the work environments they offer the most cucked, treacherous and stupid shit, because they are effectively as Utopian as their murderous insanity is. More women and more corporate also means middling intelligence which leads to more bullshit decisions that actually don't make any money unless you start to scam your customers.Another option is dumbing down your product to the lowest common denominator, so your university dumb workforce doesn't fuck up.

Nigger, if it wasn't for the two on topic replies, I would have saged. All the shit you are whining about have nothing to do with the freedom to purpose joy by making some honest money and stuffing it your dong hole if you want and everything to do with how corporations and their cheap work schemes are shit for everything. I am glad that you will keep your anti free enterprise bullshit for teenagers to yourself from now on. It makes us finally able to concentrate on questions about Hare Brained Shadow Run games themselves without devolving into politsperging.

user, you're not even right in the political spectrum sense of the word. And you haven't done anything but thrown shitbait so far.

I don't think it's worth heavy investment if you're not going shamanfag or at least some light toteming. I mean, etiquettes are cute and all but usually just flavor.

Overreliance is not the same as requirement. I'll give you the part about the combat though.

If I remember correctly, Charisma/Etiquette checks lead to a LOT of extra skill points. You get points for solving situations through dialog, but rarely for fighting and almost never for taking alternate routes around it.

Might just be Hong Kong I'm thinking of. Dragonfall I think I got by with having just the right etiquettes. Hong Kong I used some kind of charms you could buy to massively buff your Cha.

Pretty sure you don't. You generally get the same points come end of mission, and etiquettes usually just provide a chance to haggle, bypass a pointless fight or just sound smart and maybe get some additional lore, loot or whatever. As for combat application both spirits and conjuration were severely nerfed over patches and games.

Pirate first, buy if you wish to support the devs

this, whenever a game has been involved with SJWs and i want to play it i just pirate it. Also most of the times they are bad anyway

Is 2.0.0.3 the latest version?

OP, swear to god, skip the first one. Go straight into either Dragonfall Director Cut or Hong Kong.

I'm going to echo here. Shadowrun Returns is little more than a tech demo. The story is completely forgettable and the characters are bland. Only play it if you're really thirsty for SR and don't care if it's mediocre. Otherwise I would highly recommend you start with DF and then play HK.
Dragonfall had much better characters and the best plot of all 3.
Hong Kong had the best characters, the best sidequests and felt the most like a "shadowrunning" game. It's also got a really good epilogue mission that wraps everything up really nicely.

No you definitely get Karma for passing stat checks. Whether they are based on Etiquette, Charisma, or some random skill or other attribute varies. I'm checking a walkthrough right now, before you even do the first real (not prologue) mission in Dragonfall you can get 1 karma for passing a 6 willpower check and in the first mission there's 2 karma for passing any two of: (3 int, 1 biotech, 3cha, Street etq).

I don't know how much it adds up or how much requires charisma specifically. I'm pretty sure it's just Hong Kong that uses Cha a lot but that's going off memory. Point is do side objectives which may or may not require checks and gain karma points to spend on yet more skills. You'd have to know the whole game to decide at which point it pays for itself though.

The game is deliberately designed to fuck you if you become a jack of all trades, and this is faithful to the tabletop. Just ignore some of the karma points and don't spread yourself thin doing everything you do not have enough total Karma.

SNES game is okay but it's basically closer to a point and click adventure game than an RPG. Still okay though. Genesis game is fucking amazing and is as close as we've ever gotten to Shadowrun in game form, it's only problem is it's grindy and light on story.

Okay, but we warned you. When you get too burnt out on that game to even play the rest of the series don't come bitch to me.

Much like with Skyrim: You can't polish a turd. Shadowrun Unlimited is a nice attempt at porting the genesis game but it always leaves me wondering why I'm not just playing the Genesis game, and honestly it's the best UGC out there.

Don't waste your time just download the hack of the Mega Drive version and play that.

Do the math: how viable is it to rank up WP or CHA to 6+ solely for the sake of passing a few tests that may or may not give a few karma per pop? WP at least gives magic defense and possibly adeptshit but I'd say it's more effective to simply focus mages or chrome It's just something to make you feel good about having made your character in a particular way.

In Hong Kong it's easy because you can just buy a few +2 charisma trinkets and keep them in your active item slots.

The WP check I mentioned is the magic shop clerk. I haven't done a character who could pass, but I know she's one of the only characters who does any forshadowing on what happens if you kill the dragons, so it could be interesting for that.

It's 4, you get a 4 willpower check and a 6 willpower check if you (intentionally) fail the first one. You're required to have a conversation with those checks in order to access a store with spells and fetishes and shit, so if you ever plan to have 4 or more willpower it's best to invest early for 1 extra karma.

There's also a 1 karma for passing a 3 int check in the second mission, a Drug Pit, 1 karma for keeping a head smuggler alive in muh natzee run (3 willpower + 1000 cash or 750 with charisma lets you skip the first fight) and 1 karma for meeting 4 decking (you can just buy the outfit with 3 decking) in the bioware retrieval run. There's a lot of checks like that.

There's a few more. The magic assault from the meemgods in HK or Aztecmages in DF come to mind. And pretty sure they both offer alternatives such as implants, adept perks or different attributes. Also HK's kinda tight on the nuyen, where'd you get the spare that early?

Plenty of checks that don't give jack as well. Academic in particular is entirely (((exposition))) from what I remember.

This reminds me. A friend of mine recommended me to make OP streetsam who had everything in MPs. You could possibly solo the game with building such a person and only sacrificing 20 Karma.

If I haven't fucked up. The MPs were very overpowered in the second edition and so they are in Hare Brained Shadowrun games. A real OP streetsam build would look like this:

Body 8
Quickness 8
Ranged Combat 7
MPs 6
Strength 2
Intelligence 2

I wonder if you have missed some side quests. 127 looks like way too little karma.

If you have Security you can cheese a guard on Trial Run without tripping an alarm on the first floor. And on Bloodlines, you can stealth up to the mage fight with Security with just 2 charisma as opposed to 5. Gang/Shadowrunner/Socialite give you flat money boosts like increased rewards from quests, discounts somewhere or with Socialite you get better booze on MKVI that you can sell for like 500 but that's it. It's not a whole lot.

You don't get those here, pistol are single shot only. I went with Assault Rifles because Full Auto is just that good and you don't need to invest more than 6 karma to be effective from the get-go. In any case, try it yourself if you want to, I don't recommend doing sewers without a Robo-Doc though.

In HK you can get the cheap ass M79 grenade launcher and the auto reload arm for like 2799 in the first mission or so and carry well up to the expansion content. Especially if you go into cyberaffinity and get the whip for anyone charging melee or with high armor. The AoE heal totem, adept perks and the rare weapons in the plastic face man mission are also a nice luxury if you have some spare cash by that point.

You sure about that?

You get point buy at the beginning and the game has karma trickle down to you throughout it for completing missions and sometimes doing a good deed and other little bonuses. However the game will increase the difficulty and demands of specific checks at a pace where a jack-of-all-trades type will be unable to complete them. Plus difficulty of the enemies increasing makes investing in more then one type of combat guarantees you're going to get screwed and your character a dead weight.

Well shit. I don't know how well they do with armor piercing though, considering that it's a huge issue and the reason why SMG's are ass in this game.

That's how I know you've never played any of the games.
If you put enough points into pistols they get double shot.
If you look around, you can find a few machine pistols too.

I never bothered to do a pistol build in any of the games and a double tap doesn't make a pistol into a machine pistol.

Burst or autofire does. Also of the top of my head Ceska Black Scorpion is in.

So the user can't get his solo build to work, because the side mission rape his jack of all trades. This is why I advised him to make a OP Streetsam in the first place. These are not Jack of all trades and there is usually enough spare karma for the things he needs to cheese.

I haven't considered this option, because I made a Decker. Sounds like OP Streetsam is also possible there. Just build one and steamroll all your enemies and dance like a faggot in the midst of their dead bodies.

I call bullshit and going to check on the arms dealer. Here's a SMG that is exclusive to Dragonfall.

shadowrun.gamepedia.com/Heckler_&_Koch_HK227

Spray and Pray from a relatively close position is actually more effective than any pistol skill. I gave my Streetsam some points in Pistol in case he runs out and it turns out I have wasted that Karma. This is how learned that this very build has some Karma to spare for fancy stuff.

Honestly the best build has always been Rifle+Decking

Counterpoint: the best build is any sort of Shaman, because Shamans are the only class to get anything out of Charisma, and Charisma is required to pass any sort of faction speech check because your companions are all nonsensically incapable of ever getting a word in edgewise when their knowledge would be useful.

That Gobbet cunt will open her mouth any other time in dialogue to make some asinine comment, but any time you need someone to make a Shadowrunner speech check? Suspiciously silent.

It's even worse than you might imagine, GLs, the whip and tasers use only the main ranged combat skill and you can get a ton of those from implants. Gls are also AoE so good luck using that cover to any effect.

You're really putting too much weight on what's a mostly flavor thing.

Maybe. But the nonsensicality still annoys me, especially when half of these idiot companions are more than willing to get a word in at any point other than that singular point they'd be useful.

At least companions are able to handle skill checks in Hong Kong. In Dragonfall you pretty much have to play a decker (at least a hybrid) if you don't want to miss a ton of shit.

(very nice)

Nice

That's a odd one.

Maybe the DC fixes this problem. Most significant thing Hare Brained has done was overhauling companions.

Here you go. You should have gotten one from the getgo. We could argue all day which weapons are actually better when, but SMGs are way to broken to use something else as a streetsam.

Counter-Counterpoint: Cyberware is just too fucking good to avoid, and going Shaman means you won't be getting any. Get 6 charisma, then invest in cyberware, and always, ALWAYS, aim for the mage first. Rifles, Sniper Rifles, and the Vindicator Minigun will carry you the whole game.

Also, Eiger is best girl, Glory is used goods, Blitz is a total fuckup, Is0bel and Gobbet are cunts that should have died on the intro, Duncan Wu is a total and complete faggot and Gaichu and Racter are bros.

Not true. Bioware implants doesn't reduce your essence and iirc there are even some that synergize with shaman and increase CHA. Vindicator is also 2AP which is lower DPS than plenty of other options.

No argument there but at least in HK your character is the only one remotely willing to stand up to various triad hardasses.

>>>/reddit/

I was hyped and played the first one
tbh got bored pretty fast, gameplay is not that good, and story seem to be linear shit
dragon fall had a way better reception, but I was jaded, would anons still recommend me for trying it again?

ps: none of them seems to come even close to what the original was
if anyone remembers that

Cyberware =/= Bioware, Cyberware gives you autoreloading, flat bonuses to your main stats, extra armor, bonuses to aiming, and extra AP if you finish the Shockenwellenreiter missions. And while Vindicator is 2 AP, it crits like hell and has AoE.

Maybe the DC fixes this problem. Most significant thing Hare Brained has done was overhauling companions.

I played DC of Dragonfall and none-DC of Hong Kong. Dragonfall still has the problem of skill checks being all player-only, so for example even if you have a decker in your party unless you have decking yourself you can't push the button that requires decking 3. In Hong Kong you can select an option to have Is0bel do it. Still doesn't apply to ettiquites, only skill checks.

That first line was supposed to be greentext quoting, fuck me.

that's what I wanted to hear
guess my question is answered

Also one of your teammates is practically antifa

It very much is and cyberware affinity helps negate any penalty from either.
You really, really can't beat the AoE from the GL and funnily enough since 1AP=5-6 grenades per turn. B-But muh armor! Well, that's why you have a sidearm like the whip that's great for negating/stripping. Or alternatively the taser helps to keep them twiddling their thumbs while you shower them with 40mm fragmented love.

Sure, but…purification is my fetish.

Please tell me there's romance with Glory

Magnetic Arm > Grenades of any kind, and in the Hong Kong extended campaign almost every mob has it. Also, you need to get close to use either the whip or the taser. With the points you get from cyberware you can shoot things from one side of the stage to the other, maximizing both damage and range, and you can use Overwatch with full auto.

Only if she is corrupted

Yeah it's annoying but one guy in a pack of dozen isn't really a problem if you're using more than one weapon. Or lob ordinance further than three tiles away from them Did I mention the whip and the taser using only the ranged weapon skill? As in you still get a massive THC without having to invest in rifles or any other sub skill tree.

It's not a dedicated event or anything, no. At best you can simply use your imagination to imply there's more than just strong camaraderie between your player character and her. I should know, I tried very hard to find anything.

It depends on how you handle her personal storyline quest. Even in the best of circumstances, though, the most you get is an agreement to down a few beers at the local dive bar. There is barely the faintest whisperings of a hint of a chance at romance there.

But in that story ending she's basically a full-blown witch who accepted the setting's equivalent of Satan (like, the actual Satan) into her heart, and is probably full-blown sadist crazy, so would you want to stick your dick in that?

YES

Rifles are consistently overpowered compared to other types of weapons, and decking is the most useful non-combat skill. I rolled that combo in both DF and HK and had good results.

Some missions allow you to switch in and out of combat arbitrarily so check if you can do this on the map first, if you can then you can use a different party member. There is scripted items where you can switch to the other party member in important events.

Legit spoilers
In DragonFall you can choose to release a psychotic AI onto the Matrix. And then at the end of the game you can also choose to give it control of a dragon.

Did this guy gave up on try to being a marxist edgelord so he can stay relevant and earn some lefties bux?

You forgot the I just want to see the world burn edgelordending

eiger is shit though

Here you go, dude.

lewd / 10

Your raifu a shit.

Does she have ultra super special character development or what? Because after 10 hours she just seems like a standard-issue emo character with cardboard personality and next to nothing to add to combat that guns can't do better.

The board is thirsty.

the characters in DF aren't that interesting. the only one I would have banged was monika

Not even the turkloli? Really?

That girl was at least 17. Also had one of those unbearable side-shaved haircuts.

Pretty sure he said she's 14 after the attack. And it's more of a side-cut than a side-shave.

Turks are literal roaches and loli fetishists are pedophiles who deserve to be thrown out of helicopters, so no
That being said I do have a thing for women with side-shaves which is unfortunate because 90% of them are fucking insane

B-But she's adopted and actually Deutsch

Broken bird syndrome, friend.

I should know, I'm a sufferer.

How fucking new are you?

they are pozzed to shit, enjoy

From what I remember.
The first and third games are pretty much fine and somewhat void of SJWs, though they give you a nigger dwarf and a troll retard, both women, that I think has the "womyn are stronk" aura, though frankly it's such a minor thing and you get better male options anyway.

Second game has a whole thing with an organization of eeebil racists, that are against anyone that isn't human and are evil and terrorist >: (
It drags a bit but otherwise it can set aside, though your characters will inevitably be against da ebil racyst.

First one I think has not even a drop of that shit, you're a dude solving a mystery.
There is a woman in power but she treats you like a spoiled child literally giving you a full plate of sausages so it doesn't really count.

Reminder that the best build is mage/decker/smooth talker
The primary purpose of the player character is to navigate the game's content, and so the goal in building should be to gain access to as much of it as possible

Best build for being shit

More than enough points to be good at all of it, except maybe in DMS
Literally 0.5
Not enough to cut you off from much of anything
But you get to go through conversations how you want, which is the only important thing

I'd say you dumb as shit m8 but it seems to me you're just talking out of your ass. Even 0.3 on the spy jack is still 5.7 which is still at least +1 on all of your cooldowns and one less spell slot. And that's at least two less slots if you're using a totem. A hell of a penalty for a primary mage. You having enough karma for all of that is a plain lie especially since you can't pad your skills with chrome. Same as avoiding ALL damage ALL of the time. And no, you ain't going to have any spare points let alone any for your HP branch.

Capitalist Society is a consumerist one you colossal fucking retard. It reduces free enterprise to just capital as an important element.

They're very average. Like, that's really all I can think of to describe them. Painfully average. I wouldn't recommend them.

Shittiest character. Worst girl.

Your loss Amerimutt.

Whiter than you, muhammad

Mages require the Willpower stat not the Charisma stat, that's at least 3 separate primary stats you need to boost for your skills on top of that your stat for HP bonuses and boosting the actual skills once you've boosted the stats because they cap your skills. Finally there is your combat skills I'm gonna be honest Mages are not that good with the latest patches and even before the damage output was really iffy from my experience so you need to invest in a gun. Putting that all together means you are going to be mediocre across the board and incapable of doing anything meaningful when it really counts. Plus on top of that you have some misc skills here and there for some bonus karma and story purposes.
You only need charisma for 2 (3 tops) etiquettes and only more then that if you're going to be a Shaman. You need some spare karma set aside for some misc skills but that is only like 2 one of which you can tie to intelligence by simply being a dedicated Decker.

that comparison is perfect, you are the one with a bitchfit with nothing to say.

I don't know what to say user, the games were pretty easy and I got to experience a majority of content in each run
Maybe you should just get better, or try using your team more, then you wouldn't have to be autistic about efficiency

A totem doesn't actually take up a spell slot.

I know for a fact it does. Or at least it used to. It shouldn't, but it took them two and a half games to fix the UI so ESP, mark target or implant ability don't use the same slots.

Funny since I know exactly what to write: shove that bait up your ass.

lol fuck off faggot

Totem does not take up a spell slot on DF Director's Cut. It could have in SR, can't remember for certain, but it does not on DF and that's that.

It did at one point and you can find more than enough whining out there to confirm it but if they really fixed it in one of the recent patches my dream of a Blitz free campaign may finally be viable.