Mouse (and other Hardware) Thread

So my Steelseries Rival 300 mouse (1st pic related) just decided to fuck me over by killing the left mouse button, meaning I have to use a wireless pos in the meantime (2nd pic related.) What's a good replacement for it?

Also vidya hardware thread, I suppose.

Other urls found in this thread:

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/XyJMGf
earsoku.com/2017/12/03/post-12046
geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0
pcpartpicker.com/list/JbQfsJ
ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/90289172/
overclock.net/f/375/mice
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Use this.

Waiting on my new pair of headphones (Fidelio X2HR) because customs have decided to be useless cunts

Zowie FK / Roccat Savu / Logitech G502

I also own a fingerbox. Does yours plug into USB or PCI-E?

Thready recommendation for the Phillips SHP9500s for the best headphones under $50 as long as you catch them on sale because vendors jacked up the price once they started to get a reputation

That's a new fingerbox to me. I should get that one for my collection.

PCI-E. I need to get a newer one, but fingerboxes don't exactly come cheap. Heard some of the newer ones have two buttons, but that sounds pretty gimmicky to me.

I see a lot of people recommending the zowie fk, and it's at the top of the mouse recommendation chart as well but the question is: is it actually good or is it shills shilling? also sharing what I got

I just buy cheapass supermarket mice. It really doesn't matter since I burn through them for whatever reason, no matter the supposed quality. Did you know GE makes mice? What the heck? I have that sitting here as a backup to one I can't even find the branding on.

Classy.

Never seen a fingerbox like this, where are the holes?

It has downsides and the price has gone way up since it got popular.
If you can get past the heavy click switches and find one for a decent price it's well worth it.
Make sure you're not getting pone of the older batches (2300dpi ones) they're not bad per say but the coating will crack and fall after a year or so, most places don't carry that one anymore since 2014 but sometimes it pops up even now.

a 1mm difference isn't going to change a huge amount.

That's what I thought too, we're friends now.

I recently got a g402. Save for the spaceship design (which isn't nearly as bad as other spaceship looking mice) which does go against ergonomics, the only issue is how flimsy the buttons feel, specially the side buttons. I've owned the thing for a week and the left button already feels different from the right button, I'm hoping that's break-in or I'll just RMA it with some bullshit excuse once I'm near the warranty expire date if it's not broken by then.

Also, this. Rubber mouse wheels break easily.
Just make a wavy metallic one and we'll have the durability and grip we need.

I think polymer would be a good move, would cut weight for one thing.

you guys are so fuckin 2010, fingerboxes are out, cocksockets are in

I own an FK2, the slightly smaller version of the FK; I love it, but I needed an upgrade badly.
An excellent sensor with no software, a button on the bottom doubles the DPI (400, 800, 1600, 3200). Changing the report rate takes a little longer, as you have to hold specific side buttons when plugging the mouse in.
Harder than I expected, but still good. Being an ambidextrous mouse there are two sets of side buttons, but only one side is active at a time. The Mousewheel feels tactile, so it's shit for browsing, but fine otherwise.
Coming from an aging Deathadder 2013, I was curious if I would aim better with a smaller mouse. The FK2 is smaller and lighter, so it's much easier to control.
Fingertip grip or something similar, good luck trying to Palm a mouse with this low of a "bump".

What the fuck is this?

I got a new keyboard

Nobody cares, post pictures once it;s full of dorito dust, crotch hair and the material aliens are going to use to revive the human species in 2000 years.

No its not. I clean my keyboards and sure as fuck not Cumming on $400 one

How am I supposed to play Dwarf Fortress then?

Buy a numpad.

You could've bought some reddit-tier LED nightmare that would still be better than that custom build, consider seppuku.

I thought I didn't cum on my keyboard either until I opened the thing up and there was enough genetic material to replace the earth's population with my children. I`m guessing I shot too high a few times and didn't notice, it's definitely possible because there was one memorable time when my cum stuck to the ceiling.

Why do you buy stuff with physical DLC?

Why does my headphones makes a constant beeping sound like I have tinitus? It changes when the pc loads memory and shit!

Inductance from somewhere, a lack of noise cancelling circuitry and shitty shielding.

Might be coil whine. Biggest culprit is GPU's purchased from cryptocoin miners.

Congratulations, your sound card is shit.

Go into the properties of your audio devices, select levels, mute things until you get the one that has those noises, there's always the one output that has this shit.
Obviously if it's the main output you're boned.

Thanks lads. I will try these options later.

Replace the microswitch for the LMB. It's not that difficult. Use Youtube for reference if needed. I use the Microsoft Optical Wheelmouse. They keep changing the name, and I think they recently made it a cheap piece of shit, but the mid-2000s version is a sturdy and capable 3 button mouse.
I was hoping that this would be about game console mice, though.

Mouse:
Logitech G400

Keyboard:
Logitech G710+

Gamepads:
Dualshock 4
Mayflash Arcade Stick (for a jury rigged arcade cabinet I made out of cardboard boxes and an old laptop with mame, for the authentic "this game sucks and the joystick doesn't work" arcade experience)

Monitor:
Asus V248H-P

Misc.:
Steelseries Qck Limited
Razer Mouse Bungee

Corsair Glaive is a beast of a mouse

Has anyone here used the Logitech G403? Would you suggest it over the Steelseries Rival 300?
Been really interested in it but haven't had the chance to test it for myself. The shape looks pretty much perfect for me.

Explain, please. For scientific purposes, of course.

this is the mouse i use. is it any good or can i blame it for everything

get a cheaper og mouse (2 buttons and wheel) with great sensor
that is all

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/XyJMGf
Am I a good goy?

Not until you have $2,600 IEM's you aren't.
earsoku.com/2017/12/03/post-12046

this is all you need

Corsair in general makes nice stuff, although avoid their own website the prices are higher for some reason compared to best buy or amazon.

Unless you are playing twitch shooters you are the only one to blame.
Really any optical mouse is just fine for practically everything as long as it's wired, people that get autistic about em are retarded.

That is the "X-Y Position Indicator for a Display System". The first mouse in the world, fag

Nigger, you are stupid. Replace it with any cheap gaymin mouse you can find. It'll be just as good as a steelseries but you won't have to pay the meme tax.

I've been using the G402 for the last year and it's great, I got it on sale for $35 and it's been good, it's comfortable, I like the button placements. It's responsive and after using it for 10+ hours a day for a year it's yet to show any signs of wear and tear. I like it a lot. The only gay thing is you can't turn off the lights completely, you can turn them down to the point where it's barely noticeable but you can still see it a bit

Any word on what desk mics you guys use besides the Blue Yeti, and is a DAC necessary if you can just buy a soundcard?

are there any mice that last more than a few months or do all these expensive pieces of shit just break from regular use

Fiio Olympus e-10

If I can't fuck up mine by having it on the bed I sleep in for three years I think you need to reconsider how you "use" your mouse.

No, I think I need to stop buying zowie

Said mouse I have in my bed is a zowie.

my mouse has lasted me over a year so far and it doesn't show any signs of wear at all and it's in perfect condition after using it 10+ hours a day every single day

Mine is a bog standard piece of shit plastic mouse that it's only saving grace is that it's somewhat ergonomic, with what used to be "hp" painted on it and it has lasted me nearly 6 years so far.
You need to stop spending money on overpriced things or you need to take better care of your shit.

thats nice, my EC2-A I bought to address my EC2-EVOs unresponsive right click last february now has a scroll wheel that has a recessed microswitch. Before those I had an MX518 that lasted 4 years before I replaced it just to get something new, and before that a $20 logitech mouse from radioshack that all lasted longer and didn't show any of the same issues.

frequent use/typical maintenance doesn't cover zowie using cheap micro switches that require replacement in less than a year. I'm not opposed to soldering on a new switch, it's just a joke it happened in less than a year.

How do you think one could possibly abuse a mouse?

use this list to find good mice if you care about accuracy. if you think it doesn't matter, stop reading this post right now, because the link below will explain to you in exact details why you are stupid

I've had my logitech g400s for 5 years now and nothing is wrong with it. the paint on the top buttons has worn off and the thumb grip is worn down to the bare, smooth plastic
I will be buying a zowie FK soon because I would appreciate a lighter mouse that doesn't need software.

Raging and slamming it maybe? Accidentally knocking it off your desk?
Idk I just know I have never had problems with what amounts to the bargain bin mice that I have owned, in fact the only mouse I was ever dissatisfied with(it stopped working completely after a few months) was a gift that was apparently super expensive. It looked like a fucking spaceship from that oxygen eating race in FTL and had more buttons than any mouse has any right to have, did feel really nice in the hand though.

never did this, barely played any games with this mouse because I don't really play PC games any more. At least not ones which use the mouse.
it's surrounded by a keyboard, a speaker, and my desk has a wood lip on the surface to prevent things from falling off.

Zowie just made a piece of shit and now I'm looking for a replacement before the next part breaks on it.

I would recommend going to your nearest electronic outlet and finding the cheapest mouse that doesn't feel like shit to hold.
Why did you buy a zowie in the first place, what's special about em?

First gen FK on my end.

I've busted a couple really cheap ones over twinstick shooter staying pressed for extended periods of time apparently breaks mice) and mashing the click button with several fingers for one reason or another, anything else would fall outside of what you could even consider normal usage like crushing one by punching it for example

I had the same mouse, but mine started peeling off the rubber sides, getting sticky and generally fucking disgusting.
I tried the new 300 model and I think it was the logitech g402, but had issues with both.
I ended up buying a 12 yurobucks Chinese retard glowy rgb logo model and for the price it was good enough to warrant getting another one for my laptop.

I originally bought an ec2 evo because it was suggested to me by the people I played quake with. Mouse felt good, had no issues otherwise and fell apart after 3.5 years of use. Not a bad record but not great either, wanted to get the same mouse and they no longer made it, so I got the successor thinking it would at least last around the same amount of time and provide a similar experience. similar experience except it broke after less than a year.

I did nothing out of the ordinary because the last time I threw a tantrum playing a video game was 22 years ago.

Does it actually seem to preform any better than a 8 dollar mouse with just a scroll wheel and two buttons? I mean sure, if it has any of the extra buttons and you map em right, it will make a world of difference but I don't think I have ever used an optical mouse that really felt any different than any other unless it was wireless.

Compared to some I have used at work computers, use it feels far better. The extra buttons help with my work too and if you haven't used a mouse with side buttons having a dedicated back/forward in your browser/regular use is very convenient.

Trackball master race. Takes less desk space, super comfy, no RSI.

How will I change workplaces?

Huh, didn't see this until after I posted the exact same thing. Nice.

Can you still move that around like a regular mouse or is it just the trackball? Maybe have two cursors going at the same time?

Just a track ball on top.

Trackball master race reporting in. Conventional mouse users can't even BEGIN to fathom how comfy we are…

Okay retards

Grandma uses that to play candy crush on her desktop because moving a regular mouse flares her arthritis.
Maybe you don't need intense mouse movement for your anime gf simulators?

Jesus christ, you're dense.

Oh please explain how so.

If ironic shitposting is really flying over your head you might want to kill yourself or go to reddit.

I use a logitech wireless mouse, don't play twitch shooters or many multiplayer things in general, so it's fine for me, cuts down on the need for cable management too. Plus it's comfortable and the width-scroll wheel is useful.

I started eyeing trackballs too
I remember using one in like 20 years ago and it was pretty good
any recommendations on models to look for? thumb or pointer trackball?
using less space is really useful for me, plus a wireless and you can use it on bed too

Pointer if you want precision, thumb is really only for workstations.

The best trackballs to look for are the Logitech Trackman Marble above, the older Trackman Vista(been using this one for over 20 years now), and the Kensington Orbit. Elecom also makes a couple trackball mice, but I have not tried them, so I can't recommend them.

I've got a mouse with the scrollwheel button that acts up. Depending where the wheel is rotated it doesn't recognize a wheel press or thinks i've press it multiple times when it's one press. It's still functional for web browsing but useless as a button for games since they're time you need to press and hold shit. I don't want to throw it away since I managed to jury rig the side buttons to work again with a paper clip so i'm kinda proud of that so i'm hoping there's a solution like that with my mouse wheel. Granted i've had this mouse since at least 2012 maybe 2008 but rather not get another mouse unless it has more buttons on it and doesn't cost a fuckton of money.

I had one with tons o' side buttons, but the scroll wheel fucked up and now I have this Steelseries with tons o' side buttons, but I think the layout of those buttons was better on the Corsair.

I got one of these for Christmas, although I replaced the questionable-quality ball with a Logitech Ball I got off of ebay. It fits the socket much better, where the old one rattled around a bit, especially when rolling it far, and tracks a lot better too. I was never too good at strafejumping to start with, but I've got to re-learn advanced mouse-movement mechanics like that with the ball. The simple shit like aiming was pretty easy to pick back up again, though.

Hey OP, contact Steelseries for a free replacement. My Sensei broke after 5 years, they confirmed and sent me a new one.

bought one of these for $30 after using a sensei raw for 5 years. feels sturdier, scroll wheel actually works, no shitty braided cable and has a superior sensor.

everyone gushes over the fk2, but i can't imagine what makes it worth twice the price of this mouse.

what sensor does it use?

PMW 3360 optical sensor. i don't play competitive fps so it's not a huge deal to me, but it feels very responsive

No issues outside of that? (angle snapping, jitter and the like)

I've owned that mouse in the past. It's a flawless sensor and it's implemented properly in the Revel.

Ive used both. Both have died on me

i picked up an fk despite it not being that highly recommended at the time of purchase.
the scroll wheel has always been a bit sluggish (or maybe just too large). adjusting page scrolling was enough for me, but i have to do it whenever i connect it to a new system/install.
i haven't had any technical problems with the mouse and it feels very accurate compared to my previous one which was microsoft basic optical mouse with cable

Isn't it about time we made a new one of these, we have all these ones about headphones but no mice.

I got a used MX310 for 5 bucks. It was in okay condition, but the buttons were sticky, so I tried cleaning it with rubbing alcohol and for some reason the rubber they used on the mouse wheel itself really didn't like the alcohol so it started dissolving and at first I though the stains on the paper towel I used was just dirt until I realized it was bits of the mouse wheel so I stopped. The wheel is still mostly there but regardless I only payed 5 bucks for it so whatever

I also got it when it was on sale for $30. I barely even play games. It works but seems really lightweight. Time will tell how durable it is.

pcpartpicker.com/list/JbQfsJ
How much of a stupid nigger am I?
Also, is mining bitcoin that profitable? Because the fact that AMD GPUs are always out of stock is making me mad.

Where can I get a cheap

ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/90289172/

I'm using a decade-old Logitech USB mouse it's probably slightly older and a PS/2 keyboard from an Emachines prebuilt. Go ahead and laugh at me Holla Forums, but I don't really think the meme keyboards and mice that I would buy will live up to their price.

Check overclock.net/f/375/mice if you want to get autistic about mice. If you want the 'classic' mouse shap, zowie FK1, Steelseries Sensei or whichever it is, get a Nixeus Revel, it has a newer sensor with that classic shape, It's what I have it's real nice. Get something with a good sensor, stay away from razer

I have been considering getting a wireless mouse. I normally hate the idea, but I have started using an adjustable desk and my mouse always falls off. The scrollwheel on it has gone to shit (steelseries sensei raw, common problem apparently), so I'm in the market for a new one. Alternatively, if I got a wired mouse that was heavier or with a lighter cable, it might work out.

This classy son of a bitch has my interested but I'm not really sure if it's worth it.

don't buy this.
the slider has an unfixable shake. the only way to use it is turn it into an on/off switch.

forgot pic, also i returned 3 of these and all had the same problem. it's a known hardware issue

Just got pick related. Wireless mice are underappreciated, not having to fight a wire while moving your mouse is a huge boon. Bind side buttons to back, forward, page down, page up, makes browsing internet super comfy.

Why are cloth mousepads so shit and why do people buy those when hard pads last several times as long without significant downsides?

Is vr still a meme or is it worth buying a headset yet?

wait until at least the Pimax 8k comes out. current VR is shit

Real shit, I can't imagine using the internet or gaming without side buttons.

We are right on the verge of the next wave of VR headsets coming out, so it would be a waste to buy one now.

I guess I'll sit tight.

I've had a mouse very similar to pic related for a few years now, and I'm starting to think it might be on the way out. One of the minor left mouse buttons has been displaced for a while, which isn't a big deal, but the scroll wheel is being fucky. When I scroll down, it will scroll in huge chunks. When I scroll up, it struggles to scroll at all, alternating between scrolling up and scrolling down in chunks. It did this a few times in the past, but it only lasted a few days to a week or so. So I'm pondering getting a new mouse, and wondering if I should just get the same one again, or get something less expensive, since I wasn't utilizing the extra buttons a lot to begin with. Getting the same mouse is probably my upper price limit.

Try opening up your mouse and removing some of the gunk that may have accumulated inside, inbetween the mousewheel.

I a somewhat similar "gaming" mouse, it had problems since the start from wheel jumping up and down on the wrong direction
opening it up and cleaning inside out, always use to work for a while, giving a more thorough cleaning too
but something that really worked well, was squeezing a little of machine oil on the works, it haven't cause issue yet
the mouse is basically falling apart but still working

I hate to say it, but the DeathAdder Elite is about the biggest I've found that's comfy to use and has a flawless sensor.

I'm a hacker.

keyboard for the modern gamer

I'll ask again and see if one of you cunts can help me out, my hands are 19cm/4.5 inch wide. My grip style is claw/fingertip, I have been told I need a small mice and I think that the case because when I grip a large mice I only do half of it. What's a small mice that can be clawed/fingertipped with a very good sensor?

bump fuckers

I just use this. Never bothered with the side buttons I don't play MMOs but love the fact that the wheel can be moved left or right as an input. Customisable dps is also a plus. My old workplace payed for it so I didn't care about the price.

So I've been getting into flight sims. What's an affordable joystick and throttle?

If you want a HOTAS get a Thrustmaster T-Flight. Otherwise get a Saitek Cyborg Evo.

Can't talk about the Saitek but the T-Flight is made cheap as fuck. In fact it is so light that as soon as you try to steer with some speed you will fling this thing around.

Fucking Logitech.

Did you check sites like ifixit?

Already checked, it has guides for replacing the cable and scroll wheel but nothing on my issue.

There's no real trick to it. It's just fucking hard to do.

I know that 3rd image is a rare expensive device for retarded cripples or whatever, but I think it'd be the perfect control method for mecha if we ever get them IRL. There's so many inputs, arranged in a straightforward way that could be mapped to movements intuitively.

At least it only cost $10.

I'll take #3 please

I loved when no one could use their razer shit during that huge power blackout on the eastern seaboard a year or two ago

It's a pretty damn good mouse.

The Zowie is a good mouse but I'd feel like a giant goy paying $60 for a GAMING mouse.

Just because it has the word gaming in it doesn't mean it's shit. This mouse honestly feels like it was worth the 60 bucks after all the 10-20 dollar garbage I've burned through over the past 15 years.

here again. After hours of fucking with the spring, I finally got it back in and working properly. God was that a pain.

I've been using the same wired Microsoft intellimouse for close to a decade, when it dies I'll look for another one of the same.

cool keyboard

What are the differences between IM Explorer, Wheel Mouse Optical, and IM Optical.

we have almost the same hand size and I was recommending the Corsair Glaive above. You want a small mouse with a perfect sensor, look at the Logitech G203 or the 303. I've had the 203 and don't use it anymore because it's too narrow for my hand width. good luck in your hunt

For my mouse I use a g400s, but I might need to replace it soon alongside my mouse pad. I will probably get a cloth steel series since I hate getting new feet for my mice constantly.

For keyboard, I move around a lot and use a gaming laptop. It has a decent keyboard surprisingly.

i bought a steelseries apex keyboard on sale last black friday and have never, ever been so infuriated by a computer accessory in my life. it's a piece of fucking trash, registers double spaces (but only sometimes), the macros never worked to begin with, and the software included with it worked a grand total of once, ever, to reprogram the macros or LEDs. as long as i live i will never own another of their products, and am looking forward to the spring so i can take that piece of garbage out to the range and hit it with some buckshot

tl;dr if you buy steelseries you deserve bad things to happen to you

So what is the cheapest, decent pair of earbuds I can buy? I need something to replace my old sony buds because they're discontinued and the new model is apparently complete trash. The old ones go for like 50$ now because of scalpers and for that much I'd just buy real headphones anyway.

#3 seems pretty fucking awesome and incredibly hard to learn, but when you get used to that you would seem like a fucking badass

#2 is lol I gave up on life
#4 is triggering me

these are

Visang R02's if you can get them for cheap.
JVC Marshmallows if you can get the original ones without a microphone.
Panasonic RP-HJE120-K's are really great quality, and they have a long lifespan, too.

Was it one of those terrorist bomb-timer watches user?

I bought a steelseries mouse once, it lasted literally less than a week. Couldn't get a refund, they dodged the warranty. Fuck them.