Old PC Games Worth Modding

I'm bored of all the new shit lately and want to go back a decade or two even to play some gems. Of course, old games don't last either. What are some old PC games worth modding?

Warcraft 3, Neverwinter Nights and Disciples 2 are all worth modding.

Are you gonna mod the game to have its old booming playerbase so you can actually play it?

Doom is the obvious answer.
The original Xcom has some very interesting mods due to the Openxcom project.
Civilization IV has some excellent mods as well. I'm especially partial to Dune Wars.
Diablo 2 has MedianXL

nothing can bring back the 2004-2007 WC3 playerbase but there are people still playing it and you can always fill in the slots for even the most unpopular maps

Holy hell

There are always people playing the classics.
And besides, you have 30000 Million different Defense of the Ancients clones to try out.

Those can be considered Warcarft 3 if you try hard enough.
:^)

if you want new content quake & thief are must plays.

if you want the same old stuff with very amateurish game play tweaks or vanilla+ for games you've played a dozen times before there's a lot of choices you're probably well aware of.

If you want moddable look no further
Vid related

Diablo HD mod was super fun.

Going through some old RPGs, just been wanting to get lost in some worlds you know? Started Jade Empire recently and it's kind of amazing how such a thing couldn't be made with Bioware today.

Jade Empire was a good, if flawed, time. I used to regret the fact that it never got a sequel, but now I'm glad it hasn't been ruined by Bioshit.

sucks that you're locked into over-the-shoulder view in the PC version
also a pity the ribbons are somehow tied to screenspace coordinates so widescreen fucks up their placement when sidestepping

the lesbian threesome mod is good for yuri Dawn Star, but it fails to hold the threesome part together; it runs the wrong check when you're supposed to refuse to choose between Dawn Star and Silk Fox at the palace

Yeah. Same. Had squeal potential and was originally created by the two founders of Bio as a dream project but since they've left, it just wouldn't be the same.
There's a mod called jade emprie in style which I'm using, adds new gems, styles and a few other things.

Doom and Half-Life

Oblivians

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Max Payne has a pretty rad matrix mod.
Also there's probably enough GoldSrc and Source mods to last a life time or three

Dawn of War Ultimate Apocalypse Mod got finished just before 2017. It's pretty fucking good.

Morrowind might be obvious but I'm plugging it because it's one of the better options for modding with an open source engine.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R SoC
Crysis
World in Conflict
Supreme Commander
Mount & Blade
Half Life 2
Battlezone 98
Tribes 2
Company of Heroes
Postal 2

I've tried modding Starsiege Tribes and found it enjoyable. The only problem is that the C based scripting language they use, while fairly intuitive, has absolutely no documentation anywhere. I had to figure out most of the details by staring at the vanilla scripts for hours as well as looking at the TribesRPG code. However, it's really quick, easy and fun once you have the syntax down.

Good choice.

Hard Times, if anything because the base game is so broken that even trying to make it worse would make it better

gothic 2
I think I'll try this one

If you haven't played Arcane Dimensions for Quake you're missing some of the best level design in any fps game

I seem to be having some stuttering issues while using Darkplaces with it.

come on
I highly recommend Derelict and Dimensional Eclipse

I use quakespasm, buttery smooth on my machine.

this guy mentioned freespace 2:
he just didn't bother to put the title of the actual game in his fucking post

It's been a while, but wasn't Darkplaces known to be a little faulty performance-wise compared to other engines available?

Well maybe he should next time

I'm not really that knowledgeable about quake sourceports but in my experience Darkplaces just has a lot of problems. I've used quakespasm for every quake mod I've ever used and it works great

That's the problem, you have to use Quakespasm for most single player levels.

Yeah, same here, I always just stick to Quakespasm.

Warcraft III custom game section is now better than ever because all the dotafags are playing dota 2 and other standalone titles.

Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge has a few pretty elaborate mods, these days.

Civilization IV has some pretty impressive mods for it. I recommend trying out Realism Invictus.

Fall from Heaven and Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn are also great ones.

I'm fucking retarded

Why didnt you just convert it to a webm?

How would you even play Warcraft 3 multiplayer? Isn't it all on Blizzard's shitty service?

>(((webm)))

The big Warcraft 3 online communities is operate in 3 separate online circles.

That's the first time I've ever seen anybody associate making webms with being Jews. What next don't make MP4s? You're so Holla Forums illiterate you can't do it yourself? What now that hooktube can be used fuck not putting all your eggs in one basket?

Yeah fuck you, Jew.

Not really a PC game, but could a nice user upload me a prepatched version of Moemon in English?
It's that mod that turns Pokemons into lolies or whatever.
Pretty please?

I hope you were merely pretending