Star Wars video games

How do I get pics related running on a modern OS?

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/forum/star_wars_dark_forces_series
gog.com/forum/star_wars_tie_fighter_special_edition
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Jedi_Knight_–_Dark_Forces_II
mrwonko.de/jk3files/Jedi Academy/Mods/Single Player/118134/
archive.is/UCwpD
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pirate the GOG versions and read their forums
gog.com/forum/star_wars_dark_forces_series
gog.com/forum/star_wars_tie_fighter_special_edition

Run linux on a virtualbox and use wine to run the game. It's the best way to run old windows programs on windows.

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Jedi_Knight_–_Dark_Forces_II

I'm playing Dark Forces 2 right now, out of the gate the Gog Installer and it works perfectly outside of the dedicated sound buttons on my keyboard not functioning. It's pretty good actually. How's Academy and the other one after it?

It goes Dark Forces -> Jedi Knight -> Outcast -> Academy. Can't tell whether you are playing Jedi Knight or Outcast.

I remember playing this game

Those were the good days.

I assume you mean Jedi Outcast. Outcast has a great fucking single-player, Academy has fun multiplayer, at least from my recollection. I know Holla Forums was hosting JK:A for their weekly multiplayer event some time ago, but I never got to join in on it.

It's the one in the OP. You start off on a large city called Nar Shadda and you want to go fuck up a droid who has your father's disk.

Outcast/Academy are both much more lightsaber and combat focused as compared to Jedi Knight's adventure and ranged weapon focus with the lightsaber being for civilized duels. Essentially they are the prequel trilogy compared to JK's original trilogy in terms of focus. All good games though.

Outcast is my favorite Star Wars game.

Just finished Republic Commando, gotta say Geonosis felt like an elaborate tutorial sequence and Kashyyyk felt a lot more lackluster. This game was severely constrained by it'd vonsole limitations I stood behind sometimes and lo and behold I saw Tandoshans spawning out of nowhere, Kashyyk loses the suspense when the Tandoshans and Wookies aren't constantly clashing since there was a limitation of how many dudes could be loaded at the same time. And they didn't even have the courtesy to show Geonosians flying on to Sev's location.
The ship was the best part of the whole game because I felt this was when the gloves actually came off and there wasn't any weird textures like those droid boxes at Geonosis.

Outcast and Academy are incredibly better than Dark Forces II in every way except for the gunplay and some of the level design. While some of them are alright and fun, DF2 also has some really confusing levels. Outcast and Academy have their moments, but generally the level design is crappy. So, in that respect of level design, I think both are somewhat equal (equally shitty).

Outcast and Academy are pretty decent, Academy is easily the weakest of the entire series though

True, but its two redeeming factors are the non-linear level selection and the create-a-character that includes a Twi-lek waifu for the single-player campaign.

You play Academy for them lightsaber fights. I remember fnishing it thousands of times back in the day, the game is not as good as the previous ones but it's still pretty fun. It's more "gamey", in a way, instead of trying to go for a "movie inside a game" feel. You also don't play as Kyle, but at the same time female twilek is among the options you have for your character.

Fuck, I miss Kyle. I wanted a movie about him and Luke teaming up to bring back Jedi.

Academy has the best multiplayer but the worst single player

Anyone still play Dark Forces? I prefer just playing it in DOSBox with DarkForces+ with mouselook off, mainly just so I can use the mousewheel. DarkXL sort of makes me wanna vomit for how the skybox swims around with mouselook.

I played through it recently, the only part I hated was the piston jumping section.

Was he wearing his ewok suit on the train?

Yeah, it leans a bit much on platforming, and playing without mouselook can be a bit of a problem there. I still enjoy the level design though, and the amount of secrets in a lot of levels.

I just played through Republic Commando again and im fucking mad that there won't be a sequel since it's a really good game. Kashyyk was a bit rushed but hot damn the ghost ship was so much fun.

Only the Disney shit is cucked.

That is an understatement.

I gave up and looked on youtube what to do after an hour.

git gud

How can i get better at artificial difficulty?

Oh boy have I got the mod for you mrwonko.de/jk3files/Jedi Academy/Mods/Single Player/118134/
It replaces Jaden with Kyle, complete with different lines in the cutscenes.

Shit I meant to reply to

This remind me to the part of JK2 where you needed to send a message to Luke about the attack. Explore an Executor-class Star Destroyer was my wetdream! Everything was so fucking cool! I still think the nu-canon stole the flying transport/facility meme from this game to make the B2 looking Supremacy.

But then came that fucking room where you needed to put 3 call sign in the correct color. A big fucking room with a gaping chasm! What the fuck were they thinking! What was the point of that room? Holy shit!

git gud

Have you played DF1? DF2 is child's play compared to DF1.

TIE Fighter is such a solid game that it works even if you never, ever had seen any films. Gameplay is solid and the athmosphere is strong.
The only minor gripe I have is a certain really difficult missions in the "Defender of the Empire" part. A real traumatic mission is when you have to defend an asteroid base against several Muurian transports. But I eventually beat it on Hard - firing heavy rockets at the transports at point blank range and getting a lucky reloading docking operation done.

I did, i remember getting physically ill and almost passing out in that mission where you have to find a weapons dealer or whatever trough those sewers and shit.

>>>/reddit/

Outcast had too many 'grey corridors full of stormtroopers' levels.
We will never see Jan Ors again
Thanks Disney.

sorry about the flickering, OBS is a pain in the ass sometimes

Jan Ors? Who's that? Whaddya need her for anyway? Now you have Jyn Urso! She's completely original and way better and doesn't need any dumb MEN to help her do ANYTHING kill me

SOOO

How about that new Star Wars novel aimed for kids being written by someone with a Fart Fetish?

AIN'T THAT SOMETHING?

Things like this is the reason why i requested the angry Kyle Katarn reaction image from the drawnfags.
Seriously WHY?!

People said the same about Thrawn user.

That's because Thrawn fagboys didn't know when to shut there stinking mouths about how much they love Disney's cock.

Literally no one was asking for Thrawn to appear, let alone appear in Rebels.

You should shut your whoremouth post-millennial scum!

I really hate that goddamned cover. I thought things were supposed to gradually get better with the passing of the new millenium but artwork seems to be on the decline. If that is what defined this decade: Imagine what kind of style is going to define the 20's. We'll be back to crude caveman doodles by the 40's.

Wait that was real? That wasn't just somebody trolling with their fanfic printed out on paper to make it look like they published a book?

Shut your whore mouth. Millennial artists wish they were that good. Don't besmirch the fine name of caveman like that ever again.

Yes. And probably yes; most of their novels are fanfics.

From shoving in xi/xir personal pronouns, to Captain Feminist being from a female-led planet of feminists, to space diapers. It's all fucking trash.

WHERE MY SOTE NIGGAS AT

Reading that made my teeth hurt.

Imagine:
Imperial Commando

Next Mission:
Mission 2 complete

That was some good shit. I was playing through the GOG version on PC recently and couldn't even survive the first stage of the Skyhook battle. I don't remember it being that hard on the N64 back in the day.

It made my soul hurt.

I seriously never thought things could get this bad

Well, we'll never see Jan Ors because she was replaced by Jyn Urso. Thrawn didn't get replaced by Thrywn.

Every single day I get mad that Imperial Commando will never exist.

What was the Star Wars Galaxies private server? Where can I get the needed files?

Carbonite freezing appeared as early as ~18BBY and it was safe enough for someone to voluntarily subject themselves to it so they could be smuggled

Jews.

What the fuck gave you that idea, user? What about the concept of ‘constantly increasing jewish control’ made you think thinks would not be getting worse?

Pic related.

Oh.

It hurts.

>>>Holla Forums

Still not the worst piece of Disney Wars "literature" as of late.

What the fuck am i reading?

I really don't know if I should be impressed or disgusted.

The trashcompactor monster from the first death star was actually a CIAnigger.

That's a joke right?

I assumed that those were pseudonyms, since the author names are "Ben Acker" and "Ben Blacker". Sounds pretty fake. Guess I was wrong.

This is definitely high-tier retardation but I'm still debating whether or not this is worse than three full pages of nonstop farting

How can disney even compete

YUP YUP

I recently watched the Ewoks films, to know all the fuss about it. In the end, the movies werent bad, and being spin-off SW films more for kids isnt bad (At least if the movies arent shit). Why did people hated them?

Ewoks were originally going to be Wookees.

I'm happy for you and ima let you finish but Kotor is the best SW game ever.

You forgot the 2 there

When are we getting KOTOR 3?

I like 1 more, but 2 is cool too.

Never. We might get Lego KOTOR 3, though.

lol , that lego thing is silly and embarrassing

is the force unleashed any good ?

Pls explain.

I was making shit up.

lego, come on … what's next? star wars pokemon?

Jedi Knight runs on win7 so I'm sure it will run on win10.

Windows is very good at legacy support. No the real problem is Nvidia.

No, LEGO Star Wars Pokemon.

No it's Win10 cuckold.

The writing in 1 sucked ass compared to 2

The writing in 2 was generic Obsidian trash. They always write the same fucking thing for every game they made: moral nihilism wrapped in purple prose.

And the writing in 1 was really good in comparison, right? It followed the Bioware formula to a T. It was a lazy half-effort that recycled the same overdone Star Wars tropes that we've seen in virtually every movie, book and game. Characters were bland and their motivations were one-dimensional.
KotOR 2 took the setting and did something interesting with it. It provided a fresh interpretation of the Force. It gave us characters with actual backstories and unique motivations. It gave the player character a development arc instead of just dumping another one of Bioware's "you are the chosen one!" plot devices on us. 2 is superior to 1 in almost every way imaginable.

Well it bored me to tears.

All I want to know about KOTOR 1 & 2, is the gameplay any good?

Horseshit. Even ignoring that Kreia is the fucking villain, look at the other characters. The droids in particular are much better-written than in 1. T3 was barely a character in the first game, HK was a joke.

Not really. Haven't run into anything I can't run on win10. Perhaps the problem is you?

Not graphically, that's for sure.
I don't know what it is, but the environments in 2 look awful when compared to 1.
I think someone once here mentioned that they forgot to "bump map" everything or something similar to that which is why the game looks so washed out and bland.

Were they just dumb toilet humor or did it start to veer into fetish territory?

Windows 8 and 10 will have problems with games like Jedi Outcast and Academy when using Nvidia cards (there is also some other cards and other games which are win10 exclusive problems for some other games) that generally doesn't happen playing on win7 (or win8.1 in most cases) so yes the problem is your Operating Service. Jedi Academy has a publicly released source code so there is an improved JKA called OpenJK floating around that has full compatibility with win10 Outcast is iffy when using OpenJK but if you want to play both you will have to take extra steps.

You couldn't have picked a worse aspect to try to pass off as better than Kotor 1.

lol

Oh come on.

Are you sure he wasn't jewish?

Dumb toilet humor. I didn't sense anything sexual. And yes, I know all about the Jewish love of scat, and it made me shudder to think what other crap might pop up.

Even the cash cow turns against the Mouse. The movie franchise is fucked, the games franchise is fucked, the books/comics sales are fucked, the toy sales are fucked.

Is Star Wars even going to exists in 5 years?

Star Wars never did well in China, the only funny thing here is how badly the chinkbaiting failed.

It was the highest grossing film of the year and it made less in China than in Australia.
archive.is/UCwpD
This Chinese movie market meme is fucking retarded. They only care about CGI robots and don't give a fuck about anything else. China as a market is irrelevant. Just look at the film "It". 6th in the list even though it was banned in China because it has ghosts in it or whatever.

Oops, that pic is domestic gross. Well, "It" is still 11th in the worldwide list and The Last Jedi is #1.

There was a despicable me 3?

no wonder you're a virgin loser with no friends or sex life

Yeah, right. Probably in some BS subject/field.

If you consider how things go these days, it's probably for the best.

It's in English, I'd look up what her thesis was too but I'd rather not.

Humanity will be a bedtime story

This reads like something someone here wrote as a joke. Like a space opera but everyone is a stereotypical nigger and get in nigger shenanigans.

Afrofuturism is
WE WUZ SPACE KANGZ N SHIET WAKANDA SPACE EMPIRE NIGGA

I like this game. It has the lightsabers and you can swing them.

yeah maybe you're right

What if instead of the lightsaber cross guard, Kylo Ren fought his opponents using his body and force augmented wrestling moves?
I mean he is a big guy but I doubt a lightsaber cut is extremely painful.

for you
But seriously you should go in outcast or academy and using the console commands activate the Jedi kungfu and accurate lightsaber simulation. You'll quickly find out how well that would work.

I'm at level 19 of Dark Forces 2, will see.
Speaking of Dark Forces 2 should I bother with the dark side campaign or does nothing change besides powers(which truth be told I've been using nothing but Force Protection and the neutral ones) and cutscenes?

That would be fun and we all know the Star Wars sequels can't be fun.

There is a split based on how many powers you have on either side after the battle with Maw at level 14. And how many non-combatants you kill too.

They wanted Thrawn in da nuDisney canon lmao xD And Thrawn they got.

The only thing I liked about 2 was T3 and possibly HK, everyone else was painfully boring. and to make it worse the one part of the story where I thought some really interesting was going to happened the game did a 360 on me and completely avoided it.

i almost asked him for that one but took d&d eye of the beholder instead

The only reason Thrawn was brought back was for the purpose of a popularity play since he is one of the few universally loved and widely recognized EU characters. The entire purpose of it is to send the message "See we care what old time fans think, we'll give you what you want, so please stop pointing out how shit everything we do is". Always be mindful of this.

upcoin.com/?ID=4b1a0f0c

Will I miss anything if I skip Mysteries of the Sith? I'm on level 2 and I'm not digging it as much as JK2. Partly because this level is ass and partly because it's so fucking dark and upping the brightness only serves to make it look uglier.

If you find things frustrating just cheat and use a walkthrough, unlike the very first game some story elements are important later.

Yes , it's turn based combat, but they did it in a good way,it feels like a normal combat.

anyone know how to play Kotor 2 on win 7?
it always crashes after character creation no matter what I do , tried 20 ways to fix it, none worked.

I don't recall having issues playing it on Win7. Did you install any mods, like TSLRCM? I think it contains some bugfixes.
Failing that you could look into buying or liberating a copy of the version that was released on Steam. They didn't fuck with the gameplay at all but they fixed a bunch of technical shit, added support for widescreen resolutions and 4K, and made it run properly on modern systems.

I tried the TSLRCM , tried in windowed mode, tried changing the config file,resolution frame buffer and soft shadows…nothing worked, shame because I played 2 levels or so in my friend's place and liked it.

here is a short movie for Kotor's fans here

This is why Disney needs to burn.

Hello, do you have a moment to talk about (((our))) lord and savior, The Shekel?

I'm glad they replaced him with Jyn Erso and the nameless brigade. He's safe now.

paint him blue and it's the goddamn megamind

dafuq the steam version actually worked, you beautiful faggot, I would suck your dick right now.

So the GOG version is shit, just one little thing, the screen is a small box in the center of the screen, but can't complain.

I think the GoG version is just the original release. The Steam version was remastered for modern systems by a company called Aspyr, which is usually pretty hit-or-miss but they did a good job with KotOR2.
Try hitting Alt+Enter when you're in the game, that should switch the game to fullscreen mode.
Remember to install TSLRCM again, it's essentially a required mod. If you actually bought the game on Steam you should be able to find it in the workshop.

Is there something wrong with the crosshairs in Jedi Outcast or is my aim just shit? I feel like the crosshair isn't really aligned with where the actual shot goes.

Yeah turn on mouse smoothing and crouch. The Storm Trooper's most common weapons are deliberately bad though.

yes probably I read it has some issues with windows 7 and 8 , saw many people on gaming forums loosing their minds because of it.

I am glad it worked, it didn't occur to me that the steam version would be different from gog.

I've consistently seen Steam and GOG versions being different enough for some titles I keep that in mind for troubleshooting if nothing else works.

GOG installer worked fine for me on Windows 7.

WIckett was played by Warwick Davis. That guy must have been another random Ewok and it's not like those news guys are going to look up other Ewok pictures