"Game of the Year, Every Year"

There are a lot of good games. There are even more bad games. But out of the good games, which can you soundly say reigns as the best objectively? The sole game that manages to do everything right and hit every spot with minimal to non-existent criticism. Genre-creating games? Control-perfecting games? Or just vidya you have the fondest memories of?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_video_games
moddb.com/mods/gmdx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rip out your eyes and chew off your fingers you unwashed cretin.

To borrow this topic slightly, also consider this vidya list of lists
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_video_games

Super Mario Brothers 3 is objectively the best video game

>>>/reddit/

If there is one thing we can all agree on, it's that your favorite video game is absolute fucking horseshit and you could not be any more of a huge cocksucking faggot.

I'd also include Sonic 2 and 3, but I felt like this game combined the best of both worlds in the level design department.

No such thing exists.

HELL no, it's missing some of the best zones of the 16-bit games, and some of the changes are for the worse.

Well hl1 and it's expansions still make up the best fps ever so that is pretty close to perfect

t. reddit

Hi Holla Forums

Tetris? I can't really think of anything you could do that would really improve on its core mechanics.

I thought Michelangelo said that

This
Also these

Mario 64 or bust. They haven't improved on his movement since. Just added gimmicks with less depth.

Sunshine controls 10 times better than both 64 and Odyssey

enjoying your shit taste again I see?

Shame the level design is ass and the fludd gimmick gets annoying real quick. 64's better hate to break it to you.

HOSTILE

Console cucks need to die.

he's right tho, it's barely average

Go home JonTron, OoT isn't even the best Zelda game by a long shot.

Go home egoraptor, no one cares that you married an alien

Like hell it does, kill yourself retard.

Those are all pretty terrible choices.

He's right though. Ocarina's fine, but MM and aLttP are both better.

Nice argument.

Comparint LttP and OoT is pretty fucking retarded tbh.

The best 2d zelda is objectively minish cap, 3d is a toss up for me

only the fondest memories for this gold.

Oh gee, time to wander around for 5 hours trying to figure out what tile on the map to bomb in order to reach the 1 tile that intersects with Dark World.

Chrono trigger will never go sour or be bad
Its that level of story and grafix that holds so perfectly

My nigger

lmao in what world? MGS, as well as everything else Kojima has touched, is hot garbage.

haha epic x was never good meme so funny haha epic heres a (you) and some leddit gold haha

Sad that people are still responding with this when I've been saying this for years. It seems like people are slowly starting to open their eyes and leave the bandwagon of liking shitty Kojima trash, though.

This, thank you. Konami has made far better games.

There has to be a reason for this.

All shit.

The hive mind is evolving

Get some taste. HL1 is shit.

Best 3D plataformers tbh

1 was better than 2 and 64 was still better.

Well, for a long time I thought 64 was better aswell, but then I replayed both Galaxy and 64 and I noticed some aspects of 64 have aged like ass.

It still has the best movement controls to date. Only thing I would have liked was more obstacle density with the levels but that has a lot to do with the camera. Either way Galay 1n2 relies much more on gimmicks than 64 does. And every game past those do it worse.

Essentially wrong. Mario Odyssey actually exceeds 64 in this regard by having all 64's moves plus all the additional movement tech.
sage for double post

Jumps to evade fall damage? Highly detailed gravity and physics? Backwards somersault that's fucking worth a damn? No tacked on gimmick shit that's been the staple since the Fludd? Nah man, it plays like shit. There's no momentum in your movements and the overall level design just pisses me off the more I play it. 64's controls are still far superior around 2 decades later.

Eat shit, you fucking child. Double and triple jumping was a gimmick in SM64. No game had done that before. Long jumping? Forget it! And stars as the goal? Stars grant invincibility! Total lore break! Fuck off.

I fucking hate Poe's law.

OK, I will try to answer this:

"The sole game that manages to do everything right and hit every spot with minimal to non-existent criticism."

Instead of just posting games I like. The answer is…Jagged Alliance 2. It's not my favorite game, but objectively, I have to admit it does everything well. Try to find a flaw, I dare you.

trash

I fucking hate you, you cocksucking faggot. “HURR DURR everything since my childhood is a gimmick!” Did you think the fucking tanooki suit was a gimmick, you piece of shit? Of course you did. You’re just a fucking troll.

user no amount of half-A presses can convince me you are native to this taiwanese image board. also while 64 is objectively good you are still wrong about Odyssey

You ok in the head?

(wasted dubs)

Got anything to say or are you just bitter that you have terminally shit taste?

No, seriously, kill yourself, you useless fucking autistic faggot.

(checked)
Nice trips but no argument. Continue shitposting.

Last one especially.

meta knight mode was amazing if not annoying for not being able to save. my play time was embarrassingly long due to having to do shit in between playing.

Still the best in its genre to this day.

I preferred Alpha 2

hell yeah

ITT: Anons call others' favorite games shit

Singleplayer games are cancer except for a few that really stand out. Super Mario 64 is clearly one of those. Some of the Zelda games are pretty hot too.

I am very biased towards Counter Strike and Half Life because we constantly played those. We had lan parties, we installed those game on our school computers and played during class. We made our own models and one guy even made a map for us. Hell, we even got the girls to join us. For me those are clearly game of the century material.

Hahahaha no. It's not even the best Street Fighter game.

Okay, what is the best street fighter game and which game is the best in this genre.

Mountain Blade is my go to.

And where are your LAN buddies now?

all shit

Kill yourself >>>/reddit/

checked

We still playing over steam every once in a while. But honestly, I am not that much into gaming these days, especially shooters which require a lot of fast reactions.

off yourself.

then fuck off with your worhtless opinion

Niggers, what is the point of singleplayer games? Who the hell sits alone playing games all by himself? This is one of the gayest things you can do. At least play something with your friends.

This bait has gone on long enough

It's always the same with you "multiplayer is reddit" niggers. Just because you are a anti social fuck doesn't mean that everyone else is too. When was the last time you played a good singleplayer game? While you are stuck with no game to play I can just boot up cs or basically any other multiplayer game and have fun. Street Fighter, rts games, driving games, all the fun you can have on pc is online.

No erping with your gay friends on multiplayer is the gayest thing you can do. Fuck off to reddit disphit.

you are all trash

Oh nooo we didn't stroke your favourite memes dick.

Mark of the Ninja

Most underrated stealth game of all time.

Well, no game can be really perfect. Especially not objectively. And as much as I would like to post some of my favourites from the past or even the last few years and have the same three low-effort faggots try to bait me by calling them shit, that'll probably just derail the thread further.

I do want to contribute to the discussion though, so I'll pose a question: which do y'all consider "better", a heavily flawed game (buggy, poorly balanced, etc.) that is fun OR a well optimized and executed game that isn't quite as much to your personal tastes?

Reminder that there exists those people who voted.

I mean, Undertale was fucking amazing. Though I'm disappointed not to see Deus Ex up there.

Back to reddit, Halo autist.

Same. I don't know how I would rank it against OOT though. It's hard to say because of the nostalgia factor muddying things up.

This was done a month after Undertale released, of course it would win

Who let these reddit fags in, are you serious?

I'm not saying it's amazing you shitposting cuckchanner.
I'm pointing out how that poll was held at the height of people being obsessed with Undertale, of course an incredibly high number of people would vote for it.

Oh, so I see you're homosexual.

I never got why this game is so special

If the game's flaws don't stop it from being fun then I'll definitely prefer it over the other. A good example are the original Pokemon Red/Blue on the gameboy; buggy as all hell but still fun to play and fuck shit up with.

This: and

OP must be new. There are no good games. There is only more and less effective escapism mechanisms to deal with our displacement, obsolescence and irrelevance.

Stop trying to get the approval and support of others to like a game or experience, we all know the masses have terrible tastes. Try games that have terrible scores, you're more likely to find a good game there than the million Top Ten Best Ever lists could.

Maybe it was a meme back then.

Ocarina of time is utter fucking garbage, no where near as good as the top downs.

Fixed that for you.

Halo is even shittier.

Undertale is Tumblr not reddit dipshit. Get it right.

What? Play the shadow temple or something. You talking about the textures or something?
Oh so you got stuck and blame the game for your inabilities. k then

To have fun you nigger normalfag
People who enjoy playing video games.
>>>/facebook/

Just now with Risk of Rain
What's it like being this autistic?

t. egoraptor

Kirby's Adventure (3DS) > Nightmare in Dreamland

Eh. Undertale has managed to jump up to one of my top games of all time. My top 2 in no particular order as Deus Ex and Undertale. Deus Ex has way better mechanics, a fantastic story, and a ton of options and customization. Undertale has simpler(but effective) mechanics, no customization, but the best VG story I've ever seen.They're both really good. Tumblrtale is overrated just because the fanbase is fucking rabid. NO game is or every WILL be good enough to warrant…that. Whatever the fuck those cucks are. But it's still absolutely excellent.

Undertales nothing above mediocre. Bait elsewhere.

That's just sad.

Here's your reply

you know that result was because that poll got raided by shitposters right?
also good job outing yourself you retarded gayfag, go back to your shithole or ledditchan

You need to actually play video games instead of trash.

Are you trolling or underage?

Neither. HL1 is a shit meme game that started the long walking unskippable cutscenes in video games.

DN3D has a lot of gameplay problems, frankly. And all the good parts are in the shareware episode anyway.

Because the writing is extremely intriguing, and you have freedom to approach situations in different ways.

Consensus cracking: The thread

JC is also a really fucking asshole in the right circumstances. I just love his stoic voice as if he doesn't give a shit about absolutely anything
What's the best way to play Deus Ex?

Most of the "cutscenes" are less than a fucking minute long. The gameplay of Hl1 is the peak of the FPS genre.

Ignores*

Did you hear the "Most" part? Are you seriously telling me that the game is bad because of it's opening that at the time was very impressive?

moddb.com/mods/gmdx

It started the trend, so its shit retroactively, though it was never good to begin with. UT99 was better in every way.

You are retarded.
What? Why are you comparing a multiplayer focused game to a single player focused one?

Hey kid, if you are going to spout random bullshit you heard here before make sure you actually say it right. You are getting UT and Unreal mixed up and a game being shit "retrospectively" sounds like a half chan meme it is so idiotic.

fuck off back to cuckchan and dont come back you worthless nigger

Best way to play Deus Ex?

Thanks anyway

Rather it rehashed the wrong levels. Also it's considerably overrated because people are really desperate for new 2d Sonic games.

You're more or less right, NID is actually chopped down from the NES version ( best case of this being butter building, and the giant as fuck bosses). I just belive that NID more than makes up for this in game feel. The sounds and visuals accompany the action perfectly.

Quest 64

no

bump