Is modding more important than games now?

And is that good?

First thing I see when people start talking about a game "I modded so it does this, then added these mods"

Is moddability the only factor for getting a game now?

No.
The base games are what's important. Moddability is fine and can improve a game very much in terms of it being worthwhile but it doesn't mean shit if the base game is shit
See: Skyrim

reddit spacing

you sure you aren't reddit now?

No, and i get angry when some guy starts one of those threads "i will get this game which mods should i get", i mean the first time you get a game just play the fucking game and if you don't feel like you are having a decent game in your hands THEN do look for mods.

But also i don't like mods because most of the community around it is composed of circlejerks and fanboy clubs.

It's good if you want to be a game dev because you get to test out industry standard projects easily while receiving a ton of critique for it.

It's like a sketchbook.

whenever I see a thread with it's topic presented as a question. I always think to my self

maybe if they steal my thread ideas from here, have they done it before

definitely not

Next time provide an example of where you see this opinion (because I never see it here) and why should I give a fuck about it.

With how many people

space

their

this

we might as well be.

back to reddit

buddy

t. redditsatan

If devs keep putting out nothing but jewish propaganda, yes.

Fucking kill yourself.

No. Modding was hit hard and is in many ways hurt by modern dlc/microtransaction trends.

The whole "reddit spacing" meme was started by faggots who clearly had enough familiarity with the site to know how the formatting there worked, stop trying to defend cancer.

Most games are Bethesda trash and dont need modded to stand out as being decent.

But that's exactly what you are doing, you retarded hypocrite.

By not throwing an autistic fit because someone put a space between the lines of their post? Hey user.

Fuck you.

Stellaris, Civilization 4 and Kerbal Space Program are good examples of games being relatively barebones, but amazing experiences with mods. Also Witcher 3's combat issues really killed the game for me up until i modded it enough to be satisfying.
Skyrim is very poor example of modding.
Also Quake, UT, Doom, Half Life, we are going to forget all the mods that exist for those games?

And the push back was redditors who didn't like the fact that there was an easy way to pick them out besides their retarded posts.

Except people have been putting spaces in their posts years before reddit was even a thing so all it really exposes is how much of a newfag you are.

It was not a common way of posting at all then. Amazingly enough when reddit became huge the rate of it increased here accordingly. Really makes you think.

How would you know that unnecessary spacing was a sole reason for me doing this? Maybe it's a no effort way of baiting retards and retard sympathizers into an argument where they show their true colors.

Except they never did that after a singular greentexted sentence.

Modding is nice, especially if the game is good enough to attract autists who can objectively improve upon it and sort out the problems the devs created, but more and more games are using modding as a crutch.. Like everything Bethesda releases. They are so reliant on modding that they have repeatedly tried to monetize it and implement it as a sales feature.

Stop spacing incorrectly, you illiterate faggot.

When the fuck is the stupid ruski going to update Space Engine? He has been working on 0.9.8.1 for months now.
Now that goes against basically everything I’ve ever heard or experienced with the game. Would you expound on your statement? It’s not the modders’ faults that the engine is 15 years old and cannot be changed.

No, people weren’t doing that at all.

This mental illness began not only after Reddit, Digg, and Voat were established, but also after Jim (and local board mods) started the push to bring these faggots to the site on purpose.

If you think that this way of formatting is good, you should go back to your ✡web2.0✡ paradise, with all its thumbsy uppies and its permanent namefagging.

There's a subtlety you niggers are missing and makes the OP's post look more like a ledditor than normal: Double-spacing for short, single lines, instead of for actual paragraphs. That shit is poor form.

You're the only one bringing that up, user. Assuming you're talking about then yeah, shit's ugly and should go.

the funny thing is, I've been here since GG exodus, and I barely ever go to reddit. Then I get called out for being a redditor. How times change.

You guys have fun trying to purge the redditors in your midst, I'll go somewhere else to talk about games. You guys clearly aren't interested anymore.

Who else would bring it up in an argument between you and me? Did you even read the post, you dunce?
This is retarded, unless you are throwing an autistic fit against a perceived group of individuals that throw an autistic fit against redditors with their retarded spacing, then it's also hypocritical.
No, you idiot, that's not the point.
There's a subtlety you shit for brains are missing and make the OP look more normal than he actually is: no one originating from here has any trouble with spacing or banter, while OP has trouble with both. Unless this isn't just a simple "NO U", but an implication which was uncalled for and looks like was made with a malicious intent.

>hey guys you've outed one of your own kind feel ashamed, I'm leaving
Fuck off and never come back. You clearly never belonged here.

All those games have hard limits, which in turn does prevent Mods from completely branching out from the base game so anyone who plays Doom will still get the feeling in the back of their mind that they're playing Doom Mod although it's treated like an engine now then a full game the hard limits on it thoroughly prevents certain things from being possible and therefore preventing the "this is a Doom Mod" feeling. Half-Life itself is actually a heavily modified Quake 1.5 fork, and later on Source is itself a heavily modified GoldSrc engine there is still Quake 1 code in Half-Life 2 and despite all the patches over the decade to remove the Quake quirks most changes are just slapped on quick fixes that can be removed to bring the entire engine back to it's roots.

Lol Reddit spacing

In the best case, they're great to have. At the worst, it's only annoying and self-correcting.

Yes and no. It tells players that the devs want a nice community that can do more then what the devs initially made. But it can also encourage the devs to be lazy and just hope the modding community improves on their game.

I think some games can be played with mods right away. for instance, I immediately put in custom soldiers into Xcom 2.

No. Modders remain the minority. Also you just can't polish a turd

Never post a thread on this site again.

I didn't realize OP was also the retard defending OP. whoops. I was warning against jumping at shadows, but that doesn't really apply here. OP's been a faggot the whole thread, even before actually outing himself.

No problem, m8. My bantz were also a lil misdirected for the same reason of not checking IDs. Well, if you've actually read my post, then you'd see that this wasn't the case, at least on my part.

It can be