Wild West setting

Anyone else wish we see more western games? The Wild West probably the most underused setting for games.

That's objectively french revolution

Ass creed unity probably killed any chances of the French Revolution becoming a popular setting.

Patrician taste, my italiana amico.

Thank you

There are so many more underused settings. Like say Early Middle Ages where the castles are made of wood and you don't have all that fancy plate armor

Sage for Holla Forums lists.

How about the 100 year war?

I can count on my fingers the numbers of noteworthy Western related games

I bought The Order 1886 about a year ago thinking it was going to be that (I hadn't read or watched anything about it and it was on special) and thought that was going to be in that sort of stream. My impression from the quick look at the cover was that you were a cowboy that gets locked in a prison and they were selling it to the people waiting for RedDead but couldn't be fucked waiting any longer.
The game turns into fucking warewolves and tesla shit

There's Hard West too, though I have no idea how good it is, and the expansion featured a runaway slave, so it's likely pozzed.

Also, you forgot Desperados you dumb nigger.

And none of those did it right. Even Outlaws and Red Dead that did it better than other games are just soulless half-assed ripoffs of Sergio Leone. There are a lot more spaghetti westerns than just Leone.

Please don't. Sukiyaki Django was terrible.

What about Gun? I feel that it was an ambitious project that got squandered because Activision only cared about Call of Duty, even then.

Hell of a fucking movie

Django Kill and Tepepa are better.

I would love to see game where I can play as an Indian fighting against white settlers. This would piss off SJWs and natsoc. Rape pillage scalp.

Everything outside of anglosaxon history is purposedly left obscure, least whites realize Europe was as complex as a federation of planets while the rest of the world was toxic predator infested backwaters.

Assassin's Creed did and it was a SJW product. Nice try cuckchanner

So it was real we got refugees from Neofag

Not that many people outside of the US care for mid to late 19th century mid West continental United States period pieces.

Bullshit. Westerns were huge in Germany. If they weren't I probably wouldn't be working on a vidya about it.

It's because the midwest is boring. The conflicts involving mexican banditos in the southeast is more awesome. Also, a blue eyed lone gunman in a majority mexican setting is the main archetype of Spaghetti Western antihero.

What kind of people still play these thingies? Hipsters?

Wild Arms 3 specifically starts the game with a mexican standoff, before going into a short backstory for each character. There's also the four-player Sunset Riders and the western scenario from Live A Live.

Great cab

No, there have been plenty. I want deep Neotokyo cyberpunk games.

It had nothing to do with the fact that the vast majority of the games target either Japanese or English speakers.

Werewolves of the Wild West would be an awesome game.

You are a dumb asshole. The most underused setting for games is the Copper Age, the age of great cities as the one at Jericho, with walls to protect humanity from the others.

RPfags in souls games are cancer

Westerado is pretty good. One interesting mechanic is you can pull your gun during any time during any dialog.

Really depends how the protagonist is portrayed. If he's the noble savage protecting his people against the evil White devils SJWs would like it. If it showed him as a bad guy (rape, killing children) natsocs might even like it.

that is some of the most ugly indie pixelshit I have ever seen

Desire to know more.

>No Wild West Management Sim where the tagline is "Build a town big enough for the both of us"

It's a top down pixelshit shooter. I posted it in the agdg threads before but it's been quite a while. I ought to post progress more often.

lol
sorta reminds me of Westward!, which was pretty fun

That tagline warms my heart.

Western Games are garbage.

Reminder that you will never play a Gun Frontier game.

I don't see GUN mentioned.

Sims 3 is malleable enough, too bador too goodit's entirely composed of Kinky World at this point

Are there any other decent western animu/mangos? Trigun is all that comes to mind, maybe Desert Punk vaguely.

Came here to post this. Great setting and great western flavor, but it's so damn short.

I still want my Wild West/Colonial game about hunting Cryptids with blackpowder guns.

The manga was better

Man not one person even mention Dust: A Tale of the Wired West. Fucking awesome game. Goddamn plebs

Not a true Western but in style, Tampopo was amazing.

I mean, there's more then Sukiyak Django for Samurai and Cowboys This isn't even the game I was thinking of but looks similar

I mean, Darkwatch was a thing.

at least one of you isn't a fucking disappointment.

Only because I didn't see the thread until JUST NOW

its a boring shitsetting
just like greek antique

gimme some 1683 battle against turkroaches where i can ride them down with the biggest cavalry charge of all times already

SAAAAM RYYYYYYE

It checks out.

nothing new here

Oh this is gonna be fun.

That's an odd way to spell the Thirty Years War.

>ywn play as Florian Geyer or Der Werwolf and wage a personal campaign against the forces of evil.

Wasn't Geyer part of the peasant conflict though?

shitposting here wont get you laid or improve your failed life, cupcake ;)

user the sad truth about video games is sadly that only a few settings exist inside of them, as the majority of them decides to copy other popular games settings instead of choosing an unused setting.
If you wanna die a little on the inside go to /tg/ in the pdf thread and look at the hundreds of different settings table top role playing games have, then look at computer role playing games and their limited number of less than a hundred settings.

Of course they are huge in Germany, after all it was the time when Germans settlers flooded the USA.

Not Werewolves, but there is a Vampire Wild West game with Darkwatch