Monster Hunter /mhg/

MH PSP DOWNLOADS

Freedom Unite: mega.nz/#!87AwmQDD!NlXnMcsIhAliHovCHVvySkY1yo5Zlw3cj4ffUGm9I2w
Portable 2nd G:
mega.nz/#!FvomDA7Y!7rYPTlPjbRU_UkX2qVbPEii2zxSID_dAWYdO01XhmsI
Portable 3rd HD for PPSSPP (English Patched): mega.nz/#!gMAyUBKb!6Bm8addRpDx9g2GgShKjSeLi3RuGatEp1gEeMBy_BWk

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic in the OP with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

Other urls found in this thread:

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/

Highlights:

Some key quotes:
Tsujimoto: "'Monster Hunter' itself has continued for a long time, and so we thought somewhere along the line there was a need to take a fresh look at it, and choose this timing to produce it."

Tsujimoto: "Up until now we've done numbering, as this is a timing to take a fresh look at 'Monster Hunter', we brought that concept into the title."
Fujioka: "It feels like numbering, but World is just a subtitle."

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."
Tsujimoto: "When we say that, it might make you think we're ONLY thinking about global with this work, that's not the case at all; we think this concept will absolutely satisfy the people who've played the series up until now domestically, and on top of that will be global and expand more and more. It's a global that includes Japan."
Fujioka: "Since the foreign fans have increased, we'd like to more straightforwardly have them playing. To go even further, we'd like them to interact more with Japanese users. Just, we want to make it while properly facing up to the elements that prevent it from expanding."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

(regarding the damage value displays)
Fujioka: "We, who are developing the games, accepted them without any sense of disconnect or discomfort, so we think it'll work out alright."

4G Low Rank (HR1 beginner level), taking turns posting quests.

ID: 39-2173-4833-1306
Pass: 2580

MHFU is busted old shit. MH3U was the height of the franchise. MH4U was the last good game they made. MHXX was a rapid spiral downwards. MHW is basically a Chinese knockoff.

(male) (only) (tbh)

My link made it to the OP yay!
So what features are you looking forward to in World?

i guess i meant what features do you want to make a comeback

I hope something like extended missions from god eater is implemented in MH someday, having to do a list of missions sequentially with a limited amount of items and, in the case of MH, a limited selection of weapons.
That goes against everything MHW is about it seems, but i hope to see it in the future.

Yeah now it seems you can retrieve as many supplies as your bag can carry as many times as you want per mission. So extended missions in MHW would be pointless. Unless HR changes item restrictions in some way. I would be fine with the ability to change weapon and equipment at any time during a mission. I don't think swapping gear mid-mission would fuck with the balance. However items should just allow you box access for like the first 5 minutes just in case you like forgot hot drinks or ran out of mega potions and need to combine some more.

Cough, cough

For anyone doing the Low Rank 4G runs, I'll be home most of the day, so anyone who wants to hunt, post a room and I'll jump in.

So, discuss;

What do you think; requires more time to program how he's at the top of the pecking order in any area he shows up in or they fucking forgot?

Missed again. I'm here today for a few hours if anyone's around though.

I think it's more Deviljho is supposed to be a late game enemy so they didn't think anyone would mind waiting a few months for him to be put in.

The first ting you said. It's so obvious to anyone how Deviljho would fit into this new game setting that of course it's gonna take forever to get it right. I'd rather they take their time with it instead of shoving it in immediately for nostalgia purposes.

The evidence is there that the MH devs started with no brainers and easy to add monsters first. Deviljho has always been a unique case and the fact that they are taking longer to release the fucker means that they are going to make the wait worth our while.
The fact that it uses monsters like weapons kinda similar to the hunters dont ya think? is proof enough that it is no longer the same old pickle we used to know.

Oof, that design. Its bright yellow eyes scare the shit out of me

The only good thing about there being a lot of casual newbies with this entry is that I get to see them all be terrified by the Jho. I hope his appearances are as unpredictable as ever.

What are the best quests for charm runs in mhXX?

With mhw not coming to pc until later this year I've been playing through mh3u with the cemu emulator. I've been using the sns the entire time and its pretty rad.
I would play more mh4u but I absolutely hate playing on the 3ds.
So who's going to set up the mhw clan?

Whoops I meant squad not clan

Idk who would make it but I cant since I just ran out of ps+ so it will be up to one of you faggots.
Here are some names I and a few anons thought up a while ago.

Are you retarded, or have you never gotten out of Low Rank? Deviljho's main thing is that he's a very dangerous and high tier monster who starts showing up as soon as you reach High Rank, long before you're reasonably equipped to fight him. This was even a minor part of 3U's plot.

So has anything been said about MHW having microtransactions? It's really the only thing I want to know.

The only thing that seems you can pay for is some cosmetic armor that doesn't even have its own skills. The devs said they don't plan on having any sort of loot boxes or anything like that either. There's also some special universal studios japan armor that you can get from anyone who visits the studio gets the code then proceeds to post the quest, its supposed to be pretty low level gear though.

Deviljho is a crazy force of nature that can randomly fuck you up while you're out piddling with high rank velocidrome, not some exclusive end game elder dragon. It's a nomad that randomly decides to shit all over your day, and that impact is lost in mhw.

This, because he's getting added later, most people outside of PCfags won't have to deal with his early invasions. By the time he is added most people will be at the end of high rank at which point Uncle Jho's gonna be just another monster to take down.

Yeah but that part of him was severely toned down in 4U and X/X. So anyone who started with those is probably not used to that. However yeah in 3 the first tier of HR quests introduced jho taking out the Target monster for the quest. From then on he was always a threat especially when hunting the Qurupeco.

I want to hunt the fluffy bat so wearing its skin will give me warm feelings while playing in my frigid house.
they cut us heating this month, we're living off of old coats and blankets, but at least I can warm my hands on my ps4 ;-;

And ladies and gentlemen we have a retard who thinks that people taking a long time will reflect actual quality.
Star citizen is going to be the best game ever!

There's absolutely no way he'll invade period. He's gonna be a DLC only thing because capcom is a bunch of lazy hacks, see Gen,MHO.

Terrible timing, but such is life. I'll try and check again when I get back from work.

It's always amusing hearing them try to blend in.

One of the G4 DLC quests had you go mining for ores with a Brachydios hunt as the sub quest. IIRC the fastest thing to do was to take out the Brachy and fulfill the sub quest to get tons of charms.

Not really a justification to keep making the same mistake.

I don't know man, it's going to have to take a bit longer to live up to that 11 year masterpiece, Duke Nukem Forever.

Will this guy ever make a legitimate return?

Hopefully never

played MHW during the demo, really looking forward to it. Having been done with 4U I was left with a hitch that MHG didnt fix because that game is too easy.

Bills are thousands of dollars, games are cheap in comparison

You're still using electricity though? And how is your electric bill thousands of dollars?

Point out where I said that. I'm just asking which one of you think Capcucks are total dumbasses or if there is planned overworking to ensure Jho is horrifying.

I'm betting on him being added late because capcucks are roasting the golden goose.

REMINDER THAT DEVILJHO'S THEME WAS INSPIRED BY RITE OF SPRING

I didn't know that. Nice.

You people are still flinging shit at each other because of Jho?
It's been 5 days, you guys are throwing shit at each other for 5 days!

Well it's a pretty big tell of how the game's shaping up as a whole outside of the demos.

Now you may say "they're taking extra time to get it right" and I'll say when the fuck has capcom ever taken extra time to do something right.

Some of the previous MH games? Every single commercial success they've ever had?

Come on user, I know you're mad but be reasonable. d3f61e is making fun of you for flinging shit for a bunch of dumb reasons dont you see? You're being autistic about a monster that hasnt been included in the first game in its generation when but in fact its going to be added after launch if a FREE update. Do you have a hateboner for deviljho or mhw or something of the sort?

Except that's where you're wrong. All of capcom's commercial successes were generally rush jobs.

Look at your post, it's exactly the same as the first post after jho was revealed.
It's like you people are a bunch of bots in loop that just keep saying the same fucking shit.
Go talk about something else, go play some monhun, get on with it, you can restart flinging shit at each other because of jho when more info is announced.
I got into 4chan in 2010 and i don't remember many threads as autistic as this general.
Get a hold of yourselves anons!

I know you're in denial, but seriously bringing up that you can't counter an argument isn't really a good position

What argument am i countering user? i'm talking about both sides.

user youre acting like a fucking retard right now and you bring up the WORST actual points to back up your arguments.

Its reveal trailer showed him doing just that. you are the one who is in denial.

Gen was made by a B-team and MHO is a literal chinese knockoff, what the fuck were you thinking comparing a game made by the main team to those games?

Its pointless trying to explain things to you because you would just pull some random bullshit lie right out of your ass. I might as well filter you because you literally have nothing of value to say.

Oh boy. Here we go again.

oh lord you're retarded

ITT

People who are autistically spazzing over a game that is coming out in a little over two weeks about vague details in a FREE DLC that won't come out until at least April.

He is right capcom has never taken time to do something right. Even in their golden days they ran shit into the ground with nearly annual releases.Why do you think NES/FC has 6 fucking mega man games? Or there are 7 versions of street fighter 2. Capcom has always been just fucking get out it out immediately.

People spazzing out over a BAD game, even. Pathetic, the state of Holla Forums, isn't it?

The game is so bad that all the good posters don't care and don't spend time in MH threads anymore. You're left with the scum who actually care about MHW.

Like the game or not, all the smart people just don't want into your childish shitflinging.

What

And what is even worse that it is just you 4-5 people (2-3 on both sides).
Go to discord or something, others don't want into your drama.

Is anyone still doing 4G low rank? I think I've been thoroughly left behind by this point

God Eater 3 this year niggs.

I'm still playing it! I've been avoiding upgrading too much actually, been limiting myself by trying to mess with multiple weapon types and finishing every quest, plus just stocking up on materials/cash/points in general when I can. Still running starting armor, might try to make something that will at least let me take a couple hits though.

I have an early start tomorrow so can't play tonight, but if you're on in 20 hours or so that'd be perfect.

GE3 could be nice, if they can make the combat actually good.

dual weildan confirmed and supposedly the code vein team told them to look at Nioh for combat.

Interesting choice of taking example for combat for "hunting" game. But I guess I have to check out more about GE3 now.

Oh great! I'm still in basic gear, but I've upgraded a few weapons a couple of levels. I guess after we all meet up once and register it'll be easier to catch up again, but its suprisingly hard to line up the timezones. I probably won't be on until a little later than 20 hours, but if I am around I'll let you know.

The problem with god eater isn't the combat, it's the lack of content. Like a small selection of weapons types that have a lot of diferences, small amount of costumes and costumes types, small pool of monsters and a lot of it is recycled ones.
The combat doesn't need to be like monster hunter, but when you doesn't get new weapons and armors at a decent pace, it get hard to continue
If god eater drop the focus on story and more on content they will probably be more successful.

Sounds good, after that point I should be around for 4 or 5 hours, then work the next day, but after that a couple days straight off so I'll be around more from that point.

They've confirmed 5 times the monsters and not just recolours. Seems like GE's 4U.

True. But before I got bored of repetition with rage burst or whatever it was, I got bored of the combat. Like you said, there are not many weapon types, and some of them feel too identical with each other anyway.

When the fuck are we going to get an axe. I'm not talking about the switch axe, being an axe only half the time. I'm not talking about the charge blade and it's charade. Certainly not the sword and shield weapon imposters that betray the name. When are we going to get a pure blooded old fashioned axe weapon class?

They probably think the hammer already has that kind of combat covered.

Does this audio clip trigger you? If it does, then oof.

I have been asking this for ages too. I really like the SA axe's moveset, so the possible axe weapon could just loan half of the moves from that. The axe moves just feel nice with semi fast and wide animations, giving it nice feel of weight.
The mobile game has some kind of weird axe weapon, but it is kind of retarded with weird rocket jumping gimmick.

Just borrowing the moveset is a bit lazy. It'd be cool if it was a weapon based around hitting monsters with the axe head and avoiding hitting it with other parts. Monhun could also use a pike weapon, a more aggressive lance without the shield. Can't think of any other weapon that's really missing. Maybe chakrams

After we get a goddamn new ranged weapon, there is what? 11 melee classes? But only 3 ranged, that's fucking bullshit.
Where the hell is the giant boomerang or the javelin or dual crossbows?
how come they make two new melee weapons for 4U and zero ranged ones?

I guess it could be lazy, but I would love if the possible axe weapon at least borrowed to style behind the animations, like I described.

MH is really missing stabby weapons too.
And there were some kind of concept art for giant boomerang. Was it for X/XX? That could be neat too.

I bet they're counting the slinger as there new "ranged weapon"

X was supposed to add a giant boomerang as a ranged/melee weapon. Until it was scrapped so they could add styles.

I feel like a pure axe weapon would be a cross between GS and SA.

I feel like an axe is entirely redundant without some kind of added gimmick, which is entirely what the switch axe and charge axe are. What does an axe do? Chop. Problem is, swords already chop, and there's a bunch of those. GS, especially, could be entirely re-skinned as big axes and still make complete sense. If they were to make a one-handed mace or hammer, that's at least justified by doing a different damage type, but an axe would do cutting damage, just like any sword. The only way I can see axes working, without largely being a re-skin of an existing weapon or being something like a switch axe, is to turn them into a throwing style weapon, with a chain or rope attached so you can reel it back to you.

So a Kusarigama?

Basically, but less sickle-like.

Its like as if 2 axes werent enough for these faggots. Its like asking for more hammers even though you already have a hammer. And the throwing weapon wouldnt even be an axe, it would probably seem to be like a kusarigama, which is a usable weapon in Nioh.

I've managed to think of one other idea, and that's to make an axe basically an SnS, but more defense oriented with a bigger shield, and that's still getting pretty close to how half of charge axe plays.

Compared to the SnS, what you just described was a SA user, thats exactly how its used. You get a gold star, you tried.
I remember there being dual blades but instead of them being short swords they were axes instead. There was probably a SnS out there that has an axe instead of a sword too. Another weapon type based on axes would be kinda pushing it especially with the no punching/kicking weapon and the lack of ranged weapons.

Pretty much settled in for the night, barring getting up to do laundry and the like, so just let me know if/when you're up for hunting.

lol, they could basically just remove the axe form and no one would notice gameplay vice.
Just because they look like axes, it doesn't mean much if there is barely any gameplay for them.

Looks like I might actually be around. Due to unusual circumstances I'm on the 3ds' web browser though so I physically can't post a room, I can still join one of course. So if anyone wants to post a room I'd be happy to join in

Excellent!

ID: 49-3792-4104-0619
Pass: 1593

Just an FYI, apparently the Friend registration didn't work because I need to set it up first in the 3DS' main menu, so I'll do that before we hunt next time

Thanks again for the hunts user! Friend list thing apparently requires a Mii, so I'll figure that in the morning. I'll be available from about the same time tomorrow, and then the next two days are my days off, so I'll be more free to hunt during that time if you're up for more. I also promise to make real armor so I'm not getting one shot

Just play 4U nigger, Japanese are just as bad players as frenchmen, and you can't even call them niggers if they fuck up

This, 4U is just fine the way it is. They didn't casualize the game like 3U, and they didn't meme "translate" like Gen. The only games you should even bother dealing with Japanese in are 3G and XX, one because it's not cucked and the other because they just never released it in the west.

Hypothetically, couldn't you just play 3U without the armor charm/talon to fix the 50 def points?

The two combined give you 20 defense.

(checked)
I guess that's still something.

is 50 def even relevant on G rank?
Well, i can see it helping ranged players, but mid high rank armor makes a 50def buff not count that much, G rank probably makes it completely irrelevant.
Unless monster damage is also nerfed, then G-rank get a lot easier.

I managed to kill every monster naked up to lagiacrus. It was fun.

Since when does they make Jhos that small?
That dude is minuscule.

Here again, post a room if you want.

Hey there! Got held up at work so just got home, give me about an hour and a half to shower and eat and then I'll be good to go.

Sure, I'll be back to check in a little while then. I might be slow to see if you posted a room so it could be a good idea to check that I am (or anyone else interested is) still here before you start sitting in a lobby for ages. I'm pretty sure I'll still be around in 1-2 hours though so it shouldn't be a problem.

Sensible enough. I'm back now, and should be good for the rest of the night. Let me know if you're still up for some hunting!

Hey, sorry, I have to go for a while. I'll have more time later today but it sounds like it's already pretty late for you so I wouldn't recommend waiting any longer for me, and I doubt I'll be free again for several hours. It's a shame no one else wants to join, it doesn't really matter which version it is if you're starting a new game anyway.
The timezones really are pretty awkward but hopefully there'll be another chance to catch up.

There are only three options, and only two of those are viable in my opinion:
If that's the case he will probably invade quests like Savage Deviljho did in 3U.
This is what I consider to be the second most likely scenario.
Knowing Capcom, I consider this to be the least likely scenario.
His reveal trailer also doesn't show whether he's invading or not, you retard.

No problem, thanks for letting me know! In that case I might go ahead and call it a night early so I'll have more available time tomorrow. Like I mentioned before, I have the next two days off, and while I will need to leave the house to go grocery shopping and the like, I don't have any particular plans, so post anytime you're around and I should be able to hunt!

What are the chances of Capcom actually using patches to fix shit in the game this time around? Rapid bug still exists in XX.

There's also the factor of how non-target monsters are selected for a quest. If they're the set in stone for each quest, then it's almost entirely impossible Jho will be able to invade non-update quests. If they're randomly selected from a pool of monsters for the map, Jho could possibly just be added to that pool of monsters in the update.

That'd require capcom making turf war animations for every monster in the game.
That's incredibly unlikely and what they're gonna do instead is have 3-4 turf war interactions in hunts that are download only and then have him not appear in any other hunts

In previous games, invading monsters were set on a per quest basis, and I somehow doubt Capcom changed that for this game.

I recently saw a video of a glitch where the charged slash of a greatsword hit the head of a Rathalos every non-hitstop frame for 172 damage to pretty much instakill it.
If stuff like that makes it into the final game, I think (or at least seriously hope) they will patch that, anything else will probably be left as is.

Let's just hope they don't pull an "It's not a bug, it's a feature!" on that.

there is also the one where if you mount at the same time you faint you replenish you HP to 100% and continue alive.
I think it does count as a death, but you don't cart and continue fighting as normal.

I gotta see this, any webms?

Will Giggi ever be in another game or are we stuck with that faggot Khezu forever?

god i'm stupid.

there is also this one when you kill a monster the moment he gets into a turf fight.

And this one where the guy bugs out and fall off the map.

Seriously this doesn't sound like Monster Hunter at all.

Thats fucking insane. It looks like the crappy new mechanics arent doing the game any favors, especially on the technical level. I liked the concepts but they could have been done so much more better.

The stupidest part is how people constantly claim that World is going to be better just because it's on non-handhelds, yet it's glitchier than it ever was before.

wow it sounds like you're just a butthurt nintoddler gobblegobber.. umm switchbabby… redditor? yeah that'll work. cuckchanner…

I'm surprised people haven't realized by now the more the MH devs stray from the series core; the bigger mess they make.
The cracks started showing with Tri's bowgun system

While it may be different in the final game the extra shit added to the AI seems to be very detrimental. Certain AI events have way too much priority like how when a monster decides it's time to sleep nothing can stop them.

Well, that not really because of the new mechanics, it because they added realistic physics to the game, it's probably fucking up with all kinds of collision detections.
Still funny considering how many years has passed since this became the norm and devs still fuck it up.
There is the possibility that this is a old ass version that they have been using since the demo fist came about. but it's still better to not have hope.
Fucking hell capcom, i wanted 4U and XX on PC, not this shit
Good thing the 3DS emulator is already running both Gen/XX and 3U at full speed, even though it still need a beefy processor. Playing it on a non shit resolution and with a controller that actually fits your hands is very good.

Moving away from the 3DS is a very good thing user, and even if it stayed forever in the handhelds, one day they would have enough power to make this same mess on them, at most we would delay this shit, it's better to have it sooner rather than later, that way it rebounds quicker too.

I'd rather it be on consoles but this is some fucking monkey's paw shit.

Here you go

The physics seem to be largely the same, all the glitches I've seen so far are all caused by the new additions to this game.

For you maybe, but considering I get several hours a week of gametime away from home, if World or any subsequent non-handheld MonHuns become worth playing, it's a net loss. Portability is worth much more to me than slightly improved graphics.

wow

LOL

This shit had better fucking bomb
If you aren't doing your part in getting the normalfags to NOT hop on this bandwagon you are letting them kill monster hunter slowly

yes, Gigginox is pretty good

Monster Hunter is dead.

Thanks anons, the first two are clear examples of the script failing because everything has to be scripted now for the cinematic effect. The first video for example, in 4U you toppled the monster, then had to get close to it and be in neutral to enter the mount. This caused the monster to cancel out of his current attacks and make sure you the player were still alive and in a good position to mount, on top of preventing situations where kamikaze mounting succeeds regardless. The second one is the cinematic turf war taking precedence over game logic, like the monster in question being fucking dead.
As usual, cinematic bullshit in games only brings down the gameplay because, as is usually the case, it turns everything into scripted messes instead of flowing naturally to the player's actions.

Fuck you, I liked the Tri bowguns.

It would be better if the turf wars were toned down to be much shorter and to not have priority over things such as fucking death anymore. I remember a few attacks in the previous games being cinematic and taking a while to finish but they always worked out just fine, albeit a bit annoying. Those glitches shown are although obviously rare and hard to pull off, they look to be fucking terrible for the game.

Have you guys experienced any weird glitches in the previous games? I dont remember if i even did.

Well, not exactly, this problems can be because of a multitude of factors, from collision problems, to the hierarchy of updates in the programming of the game, it's quite possible that for some reason they couldn't reutilize the entire programing from the 3DS games and had to redo some of it, the guys who actually programmed it were fired or moved to other projects and someone else had to do their jobs, and did it poorly.
I remember a game i made some years ago where if you fell on lava and the if at the frame you touched you guarded, the lava would not hurt you anymore. and this happened because instead of always checking the collision, it checked once and stopped checking it (because you would be dead at that point).
The bug on the mounting could quite possibly be that the mounting animation call overrode the death animation call, the game then checked that he indeed died, replenished his health and continued as normal, but as the death animation process was never called, he never was teleported back to the base camp.
It's basically the same bug that happens in megaman 3 where you override the death process by transitioning the screen at the same frame or zombie hover in zelda wind waker.

It's not like the other MH hadn't strange glitches also, like infinite basarios mining, or people getting struck in mounting forever while the monster dies but stays alive without moving and embed related.

I don't even like monster hunter and I'm mad

it seems women in general really likes POP figures.
My sister prefer them to nendoroids for some insane reason that not even her call understand.
I find them extremely ugly and can't understand why anyone would find a lazy design like that cute.

Yup, that's what I mean with the cinematic scripting messing up flow. Thanks for putting it in more technical, objective terms I was too lazy to properly word.

Again, your first post is wrong because that isn't the fault of the cinematic whatever, and it's just normal shoddy programming, with or without the cinematics these bugs would still be in the game because the programmers in question is to blame, not the game mechanics.

user you're not understanding my point, the reason these bugs exist in the first place was because they wanted the game to be more cinematic, thus introduced more scripting to make the monsters do the cinematic animations, thus caused the game to break. If they had gone with a more organic system, like say monsters using normal attacks on one another instead of specific turf war animations, the bug in the second video would never have happened and would have allowed turf wars to not only hit the player more often, but also decide winners and losers based on the player's interference during the events (attack a monster you want to make leave to scare and force it to leave) and overall AI RNG.
Is it only the fault of the cinematic stuff? Of course not, but it was the mindset of having more cinematic events that caused this to be added in the first place and therefore happen. Good programming would have been able to pull it off regardless of what system was used.

That can be said of any and all new additions to any game, be they cinematic shit or gameplay mechanics.
And you point only apply to the turf war bug, the other two are mechanics that already existed (mounting and plain old hitting monster while it's is down).
And before you say anything, i do agree about the turf war shit, it looks cool but it seems that it was added on whim and is badly implemented in all aspects, it should've stayed in the oven for more time.

The mounting bug is obviously caused by the fact that in MHW you instantly mount with the final mounting hit while in the previous game you had to go to the monster after it fell over due to the mounting status to start the mounting minigame. Because fainting doesn't happen until you land, the mounting minigame starts before the fainting animation and thus overwrites it.

4u hall
Elder Hall>Any>GQ126+>Ore Mining
Password:2426

I'll be on for a few hours if anyone wants to do some guildquests. round robin or w/e

There is nothing wrong with liking the concept but if you actually liked the what the Tri system turned out to be then you are a colossal retard.
It was the definition of "looks good on paper". There wasn't enough part to make the system actually work, you were essentially forced into using heavy bowgun in high rank because of this and it was balanced poorly so there were only a handful off actual viable mixed part sets.
But of course the MH dev teams did what they always do; if they botch a good concept in the first execution just drop it completely instead of fixing it.

If they just kept the system in 3U giving you access to G-rank gear and brought back MHFU's G weapons it would have been fixed.

No new weapon that gets added to the series will be without some gay gimmick, like the charge blades whole shtick, or the swaxes gimmick or the gravies shitty insect. All the bases for regular, simple weapons have been covered by the existing weapon types, so anything new will have to have some crazy fucking gimmick to justify its own existence.

Would you a Tigrex though?

I would, but not with my cat in my room. That's practically bestiality, you sick fuck.

Who's room?

What if you didnt notice it was in your room?

If she looked like that, yes.
But I want my sweet guildie.

So do any of you guys who have played the demo for MHW know if you can force monsters to fuck off during the 'turf war' sequence? It sounds like a cool idea and might be neat the first dozen times or s9 but Capcom can't seriously expect players to watch the same canned animation from the sidelines while waiting to actually beat up on the monster again without getting annoyed at some point right? Even more so for hyper efficient groups who want to gangrape a monster in peace without some fuck interrupting the beat down.

You can beat up the monster while it's fighting, you know.

That's better but I'd rather have a way of forcing any would be interlopers to leave sooner rather than later.

I hope underwater combat comes back one day so we get some proper ocean horror shit in monster hunter

Paralyzing or grounding either of the two bosses causes the animation to fail.
The other monster will still most likely attack, and you will most likely be caught in it, however.

I wish there was a way to turn off the turf shit entirely and make monsters behave the way they always did - ignoring each other to fuck your day up.

Fuck this year is going to hurt

Emulate one of the PSP games

Just kill me already.

i'd rather a gigginox

a guildie is fine too

(checked)
At least you got dubs.
Buy a psn code at at 7/11 or publix or wherever on those little gift cards.
You can never go wrong with that.

whats the music in that webm, shazams bringing up nothing

If World bombs will Capcom abandon the series or finally give up on chasing the western market?

you deserved to get scammed

Up to now Monster Hunter has been protected both because of it's success, and because of nepotism - series producer Tsujimoto is the son of the CEO, and IIRC his brother is also on the top of the company as well. Of late though I've heard rumors that Daddy's health is deteriorating, and as a result there are power shifts in the boardroom, which is why things you wouldn't have seen happen before, like MonHun being put into Capcom's crossover works with Marvel vs. Capcom, have started happening. If that's the case, it's entirely possible someone with an axe to grind against Tsujimoto for the special treatment he got and who now has more influence over the company could use World bombing as an excuse to kill off the franchise, or at least make him relinquish control of it.

Fixed your embed

Killing capcom golden goose because of petty revenge
People are absurdly stupid, japs even more so.

I wish you hadn't done that, that video is unfunny as all hell

Not even Japs, just business people in general. People for some reason think that just because they're rich they're intelligent and not prone to being ruled by their emotions like everyone else.

Didn't even watch it, just teaching newfags to hooktube.

I had a laff. It's breddy good.

Good to see that level of newgrounds tier animation hasn't disappeared. Could do less with the memes.

You should teach them to use youtube-dl or a video player that supports streaming from youtube instead, or even better, any service that doesn't involve google.

Why not they did it with Megaman and Devil May Cry. It isn't like moves like that sent Capcom into a decade long spiral of decent.

Are you retarded? Do you have no idea what hooktube is?

It's like using youtube-dl or mpv except you add in a middleman to datamine you so you can be a normalfag who needs to do everything through a web browser.

I personally think that they have too much money to give a shit anymore.

I didnt laugh but I probably had a chuckle or two, the after credits scene made me smile. I love that monster, probably the cutest in the series tbh.

I want to get MHW for pc, but that's in fucking august which is way too far away. I have a ps4 and kind of want to buy it but, all my buddies in my online group plan to play on pc only. Also I don't want to buy the game twice unless it's really good.
BUT I CAN'T KNOW THAT BECAUSE IT'S NOT OUT YET AHHHHH!!
SOMEBODY HELP!
AM I ALONE IN THIS SUFFERING?!

and let's not forget we'll have to pay for PS+

I can buy a preowned PS4 for $100AUD and get a copy of MHW for $50AUD.
Should I do it? All my mates are getting it, and they did enjoy playing 4U and X/XX with me, so they're not complete trash.

I'm sure you'll have fun with your friends, just a lot of casualized fun.

Even if you think World will be worth getting and don't care about PS4 vs. PC, you'd be stupid to buy it at launch anyway because if it doesn't completely and totally bomb there will be a rerelease with added content later anyway.

PS+ is only for online play, and if all your friends are doing PC anyway there's no reason for you to do online on PS4.

I don't think the original version of 2 had anything the update didn't though? Still, a dollar for the definitive version of the first two generations of MonHun isn't a bad deal at all.

the starting region was different I think
otherwise FU is a straight upgrade

Hold on a second, you have to pay for PS4 online play now? I thought it was free?

It was never free. What gave you that idea?

To my knowledge, PS4 was always paid, it was PS3 and Vita that were and still are free.

Oh in that case, fuck getting a PS4 for MHW, I can't believe I was almost tempted to buy one.

At this point, consoles are a joke- literally the only reason to ever have considered one was exclusives and even then you have to pay online, which you're already doing by having an ISP. I find that waiting until august will be a boon because among other reasons…

Talking about G versions, how much time it takes for them to release it in general? one year or something like that?

Help

Just don't play SnS, super duper boring without all the moves added in by later versions. Pretty sure hammer, funlance, and bow are kings of solo play, at least as per MHFU; unsure if gunlance or bow was in freedom, but I know hammer is.

I heard there is a bug in freedom that makes sns op.

Is there? In freedom unite it just kinda sucks- good for elemental/status don't get me wrong, but boring and it doesn't feel weighty or satisfying at all.

You're still dumb.

To be fair it's not like you ever have much reason to do online, the only game I ever use it for is Monster Hunter and the only reason I even set up Internet for my 3DS originally was for CFW

Most recently, 4 came out in September of 2013, with G coming out in October of 2014, while X came out in November of 2015 with XX coming out in March of 2017. So yeah, a year to a year and a half. It might take longer for World though simply because from the sound of things, the PC port is being worked on by the actual team instead of being outsourced, so they probably will have to take longer making the G version or it'll just have that much less content

At least you're not stuck with stick to attack.

Are you stupid as fuck? Why would you get a console for 1 game ever, much less one of the worst games in a franchise.

When is the 3rd beta? I vaguely remember it uses japan time instead of EU time, I want to get a taste of that fucker nergigante or whatever his name was

In 15 minutes

You gonna do it solo or do you want to squad up?

Post your record times anons.
Btw I feel like a fucking god right now.

What is the trick to killing it fast? I've tried with all kinds of weapons and none of them seem to do any fucking damage no matter where I hit. The best I did was with hammer but it only takes major damage in the face and it's extremely dangerous to be in front of with its retarded hitboxes.

A faggot is what you should feel like.

The weapons all feel clunky, even the fast ones. Ranged is only fun with a team and no ps+. The game wants me to track footprints for points and pick up junk and plants. Also my weapon requires constant sharpening. What am i doing wrong

Try a weapon with a high level of green sharpness. Or just play the PSP games, they are better in almost every way.

How would you compare the difficulty of that fight to some of the other games?

FU tigrex tier. It fucking hits EVERYWHERE

The game has been casualized to hell, and you're still complaining about it like a casual? This isn't DMC, where everything is at twitch speed. Positioning and timing is key. You're expected to work to find the monster. You pick up materials so you can make useful items out of them. Sharpness is a resource you have to manage.

The map is littered with items like skyrim. How is following a green trail "work". I cant find a fun weapon. Its even the dual cleavers are slow compared to mount and blade combat, thats normal? I havnt played mh for ps2 in years but i dont remember it being this clunky.

There were other games I was interested in, Persona 5, Crash remakes, Bloodbourne to name but a few, but MHW was the tipping point.

That's PS3

It's both

Looks like shit on ps3 tbh. But ps4 has weeb games. Thats why japs buy it. Gr2, dq, and a bunch of jrpgs.

Does it takes 2/3 of your HP with every hit?
Because if not, it's not FU Tigrex tier

The New™ Monster Hunter, ladies and gentlemen.

Actually this brings up something that's bothered me, does anyone recall a time where you were in a hunt and you ran out of whetstones?
I don't, but I see anons complaining about infinite whetstones as if it's important, so I want to know if anyone ever felt like the game just didn't give you all the whetstones you needed at any single time.

The closer i got to that was 17 whetstones while soloing a duram with a shitty SnS.
I was thinking about how useless managing whetstones were yesterday actually, thought it would probably be a good idea to just add them as a mechanic of the weapon itself, didn't knew that was already implemented in World, they really are cutting all the busy work it seems.

I still think infinite shots for bowgun is more important that infinite whetstones though, the ammo limit is the only reason why we see such a small userbase for them, no other weapon in the game screw you over as the bowguns do.

It looks shit period, regardless of hardware, it's Neo Persona.

Almost everything on it is already on PS3 or Vita though. It's doing well for a home console, but it's still not really managed to strike out from it's predecessors in library.

Back when I played Freedom Unite as a newbie. I actually used up every single whetstone on the Tigrex urgent for the village and was down to knocking him with a blunted blade by the end.

Nergigante quest
Camp 6
We depart after 4 players or 10 minutes after player 3 joins

Forgot ID LOL
3GuRRwfXfEhH

PS4 slim or Pro?

I spammed it with the super charge burst attack with CB as you can see in the picture too, guard points really come in handy in the fight too as long as you remember to use them. Make sure to use the environmental stuff, I managed to kill it on my first try with DB by using the para-toads outside then the flashflies in the cave. I died twice in that run though.

The weapons are fine, people who say the weapons are clunky are always just shit at the game. I had to get used to the new controls though. The problem I had with the fight was following the guy with the camera, it would always hop out of screen to the left or the right and it was a pain to keep track of the fucker. Fighting under his belly also made the camera really weird. Locking on only makes me feel dizzy so I wont ever use that again.

I played 3u/4u/xx and this guy felt harder than most fights ive faced so far, he made other elder dragons such as Shagaru Magala look like a bitch. The only guy to make me have as much trouble as nergigante would be rajang, but I dont thing even rajang carted me this much. I think its the under leveled gear thats at fault?
The guy hits like a truck, is fast as fuck, and never gets off your ass whenever the palico is dead, which it seemingly is most of the fight. Im pretty sure this fucker is the reason you are able to RUN while healing in this game, its vicious as fuck. At the beginning of the fight its attacks could take up to 1/4 or half of your health in one hit and later on in the fight when its pissed its attacks take 1/2 of your health and can insta-cart you at 80%/90% health. At certain areas it would start off with the divebomb attack which i am sure it can insta-cart you at full health, its best to dive out of the way or guard point it. That run I only died once because I freaked out, put away my weapon and tried to dive, but I fucked it up and divebombed. I was around 85% health.

We got two players, waiting for third

Hey bud it's me garuda join already

Oh and now that I think about the dive bomb can hurt the shit out of you but only in rage mode, that when i feel it can insta-kill.

I have to get to class in an hour but fuck it, ill join you.

Alright we will start the quest sooner then

If I remember correctly, the inherent sharpness mutiplier of SnS(which also boosts damage) is 1.25 in Freedom instead of 1.06 in other games.

New nergigante room
3GuRRwfXfEhH

Oh god you were ruined by XX weren't you. The game's piss easy now, the slopes everywhere give you near infinite free mounts no matter the weapon, You're massively more mobile regardless of your weapon choice, and quite frankly if you ever get hit while using HBG/LBG in the beta you should probably just go check yourself in to a hospital because you probably have the brain damage

I've never had a problem with whetstones. The games already give you a few free ones in the supply chest, and you can easily build up a stockpile of normal whetstones so large it will take a really long time to run out. I think it's one of those changes people bitch about because it's different, rather than because it's worse.

Nope, can confirm.
He's supposed to kill you cause then the handler suggests to get your gear in check and challenge him in the real game

the game also thinks that you need constant handholding. That's not really a point

THEN COME AND FIGHT HIM

I wanted to post it so people ITT would see what the fuss is about and could judge for themselves.
I failed you anons.

having infinite whetstones just makes me think whetstones should be completely removed from the game. i was using the revolver spear thing with the shield and after dealing about 200 damage total, which is like 2 combos, it would need sharpening. i've found the feather spear thing, the lance, and the sword/shield that transforms into an axe to be the best weapon. the feather spear is by far my favorite though.

right now im trying to fight the last monster with a team after realizing the beta allows you to play online even without ps+ but stupid teammates either only help by healing allies, something i neglect to do because im too busy attacking the enemy. and my team keeps using all the continues causing the mission to fail. but when i played the last guy solo, i just kept running out of time with the dragon limping and its tail cut off. i think they add a ton more health for multiplayer, but i keep failing because my team keeps dying while i think i've died only once out of the many tries.

and im playing with missing armor so i can see the asian girls panties in that sexy armor with the torn pink leggings, and the pink bra top with the fur cape. i beat everything solo with just those 2 pieces of armor, but the dragon prompted me to add gauntlets and a crown, but not the skirt that covers the panties and leggings… my enjoyment depends on that.

The point of whetstones is not to have a stock of whetstones it is to need to maintain your weapon. Then need to find a safe time to sharpen it. This is especially true in world since you cannot just zone out to sharpen. It's why some specific attacks with weapons eat sharpness. It is usually something very powerful which forces you to then sharpen which stops you from just spamming it over and over.

i just dont remember using whetstones in the ps2 version so often. it made sense in ps2 because the degredation seemed more gradual. in mhw only on certain weapons i realize now, i was literally using the whetstone 5-6 times per engagment. and the item use is so fast, its like a reload.

Is it really that fast? In previous games you needed the speed sharpening skill to make sharpening way faster, which meant that if you wanted fast sharpening you had to give up other skills. If they made it fast for everyone then there's no risk in sharpening anymore and therefore no reward for pulling off a successful sharpen without getting hit.

I think the some of the weapons in the demo are just at that weird level where they need to be constantly sharpened. In every game I've played as your working through you hit weapon stretches where I am constantly sharpening.

It might just be the specific weapons in the demo. You have to remember that each weapon has its own amount of sharpness for each color level, which higher levels usually having less sharpness.

You faggot i fought nearly every monster in 3u,4u and xx.
I remember playing 4u back in the day and certain elder dragons in that game were a fucking joke. As long as you had mounting god and good players they could be dropped in what felt like 3-4 minutes. Thats what happened when I fought a chameleos with Holla Forums, and a kushala daora with randoms years ago.
Almost all of the elder dragons were bitches compared to nergigante and had little to no trouble fighing, especially fuckers like dire miralis and fatalis, alatreon and valphalk are exceptions.

she crouches down, swipes the top of the weapon …not the blade… about 3 times, then stands back up, and your weapon shoots up to full green from 0.

after playing it for a bit, i think so. that revolver spear thing with the shield was my first choice because EDF fencer. but holy fuck 1 big combo leaves me with 30% of my sharpness left. now i run with the feather spear and im able to make the dragon transition to the next area and still have like 20% left, which lets me use a whetstone and some potions before i chase the monster to the next area.
i just hope this doesnt carry into the full version.
the lance degrades pretty quickly, but not nearly as bad as the revolver.

Gunlance shots have traditionally eaten up sharpness. It's just one of the drawbacks of the weapon.

And I forgot, 3 swipes is the traditional standard sharpening time. The point isn't to be realistic, but to add a mechanic you have to manage.

yea, i just felt they balanced it weird. they went with the "you gotta do it every 5 seconds, but it only takes a second to do" vs "you gotta do it in between engagments, but you gotta make sure youre in a safe area"
while playing, with that weapon, most of my sharpenings took place while standing within arms reach of the monster's butt

now if the weapon had a huge payoff, it would be worth doing, the problem is, what that guy does in that video is more than enough to bring it to 0, and doesnt do much more damage than any of the other weapons that dont require sharpening often like that.

if they didnt know how to balance whetstones causing them to make them infinite, they should have just turned sharpness into a punishment mechanic for accidentally hitting rocks, or armored parts of the monster. instead it breaks down seemingly just as fast even if im only hitting the soft underbelly. this would add alot more depth and reward the player for being selective about attacking weak points, and saving powerful attacks for those weakpoints instead of just button mashing and hoping to see bigger numbers. then using the "sharpness reload" whenever it runs low.

Again, it may be just that specific gunlance. Also, weapons do lose more or less sharpness, depending on the toughness of the monster part. It's just that shooting bullets from a gunlance reduces sharpness the same, no matter what part of a monster it hits. If you use the bladed portion more often, you'll notice that your sharpness will reduce significantly slower.

Does someone want to give Nergigante a try?
pic unrelated

Sounds about normal then, thanks for the clarification user. The reason your sharpness is going to shit is either because it's the funlance (I don't have experience with the weapon but I think shooting it burns through sharpness faster) or it's simply a weapon that has low green so it quickly lowers back to yellow.

You're often required to save your shots in most fight both because it eats through your sharpness, but it's also risky as many shots leave you wide open for punishment
GL wasn't viable for G rank because of this, at least in MH4U

Is it too much to ask that my partners online don't die by the most easily telegraphed moves? Jesus I just want to beat the mission and the time runs out or everyone dies and we fail. I can't beat him solo fast enough with the GS.

are you playing on ps4? is this available anywhere else? i'll be on at around 5:30est and willing to run that with people on here.

hm, youre probably right. i didnt pay attention that closely to what made it drop fast, but that would explain it since i used the shooting in every single combo… it just did shit damage for how much the sharpness declined. did no more than most other weapons in their "heavy" form.

after playing the game a bunch, its definitely that lance. as well as most other weapons i liked.
the feather spear is my shit though, aerial attacks all day, hopping on its back and riding it around… aerial dodges… definitely fun as hell compared to everything else i played.
the lance is my second favorite, but i dont like how slow you move even after unequipping the weapon. whenever my health got low, or my lance needed a sharpening, id just stand there with my shield waiting for the monster to leave me alone.
the shield/sword that turns into a massive axe is also fun, but shields in this game get kinda boring. id fight the mosnter with the sword/shield, then if it got stunned and went on its side, id flip to the big axe for big damage, then switch back before it got back up… then would have to run away to sharpen.

right there with you… see the mosnter go up on his hind legs and get SUPER TALL. then like 5 seconds later when it actually attacks "X, Y and Z fainted"

The origins of that picture,what are they?

I really really hate this fucking game.

Just got to the phase where he fell asleep and the time ran out. 15 min for the quest is complete bullshit. I need a break.

Post Zodd room.

You idiot, have you never played a monster hunter demo before? MH4U had even more of this shit in the 3DS demo, have you never fucking played a monster hunter game before?

Chasing in this game is worse than the earlier games. You waste so much more time running after shit

The clutter is much worse in World.

sound like monster hunter alright, is the contrarian in this thread actually played MH before?

Just wait all the new players complain and the next MH will be arena only.

High School of Dead

Why do you keep calling the insect glaive(if that is indeed a IG) a feather lance?

I have no problem with the chasing it just seems crazy hard with such a limited time limit on solo at least. There's stuff I like about the game so far but I'll hold off until I see how it turns out.

its because of all the random shit you have to get through. climbing, swimming, flying, etc. in a game like this its ok the first time, but after that it just becomes so repetitive. maybe if this game had a fun movement system it would work, but it doesnt. movement feels like a dumbed down assassins creed movement system.

its not just the menus, i feel like the world is cluttered. you cant run 10 feet without prompts to pick up 50 different things. i dont remember the old ones having that much shit around the map. im accidentally picking up items and marking footprints of the monster while im fighting the monster.
theres no crafting in the beta, but is this game going to make me gather fucking rocks and plants to build a new armor? i wouldnt mind if an item popped up like "oh theres a thing!" but instead theres so much shit everywhere i just ignore it and hope i dont need to gather all that shit.

i was mistaken, its called the "feather blade" in the beta. but i see in the trailer footage they called it the insect glaive… any idea how to use the insect? i've only figured out how to "mark target" but its pretty useless, and everything else i seem to do by accident.

IG you need to hit the monster with your little bug shot, certain parts give you certain essence, which give you buffs. These buffs are why IG is even a passable weapon

not the crazy ability to dodge and stay out of the enemies attack range while dealing damage equivelent of a mid-heavy weapon? not the ability to hop on the enemies back dealing crazy damage in any area even flats? its the bug i dont even know how to use? it does similar damage to the lance (not counting the charge shot).

so do i just "mark target" at the enemy and if the bug hits the enemy, depending on which enemy it'll give me a buff?

Spend MORE time chasing monsters you fucking troglodyte, reading comprehensiuon. Is this the nigger thread?

Depends on the part hit. Heads usually give red, legs/wings white etc.
Red makes all of your attacks better, flat out more damage, more hits on attacks. You want red+white+orange essence Ideally for triple ups but you can just focus on red until you get the hang of it.

Had it limping at 7 minutes, it absolutely shit all over me in the caves. Could barely find openings. Took another 7+ minutes to get it down.

I'm downloading the beta now and decided to give in and buy both PC and PS4 versions. I think I've broken through the suffering reached nirvana. I've accepted that I'm a good little goyboy and deserve being poor.
Anyone want to start off with me?

so the "mark enemy" thing i just aim at the head or whatever? how long do these buffs last? thats pretty awesome. is there a way to buff my team with these?
it literally said nothing in the training/practice area about this, i figured it out from reading the description of the weapon and pressing random buttons. im excited to try this.

Try and maintain all 3 buffs, but red is probably the most important because it changes your attacks and gives an attack boost.

White gives an affinity boost and a jump height boost, so that's a close second.

The training and practice areas are really really bad and don't tell you what you need to know, the essence thing is incredibly important for the IG

o-ok
thanks for the advice though.

maybe they needed more screen space.

You can mark any region of the monster, different ones give different buffs. The duration is based on the bug, I believe default is 1 minute. As far as I know in world, you can't give allies kinsect buffs.

why is bulma such a slut?

thanks, im gonna try it as soon as you get home. when you say different bug, i assume you mean the only way to change bug is to upgrade weapon, right?

she was a virgin when dragonball ended. all other bulma is fanfic, so you should apologize.

fuck off faggot, just admit you never played any MH games

I've played all of them. World is shit and you spend more time chasing stuff than in other games. It's still worse than being unable to fleeing monsters out of the sky in X/XX.

Unable to flash*

bugs upgrade independently of the weapon. But yeah you know the vault attack? where you just do one slash? well if you have red you become a spiral of death that hits harder but it also hits multiple times

I thought nergigante was familiar but only now I realize why.

user if you end up using insect Glaive in world FOR THE LOVE OF GOD use elemental glaives, don't go with raw damage.

ok, i've definitely had that buff. wasnt sure WHY my character was doing it. then got annoyed when i couldnt repicate it later. i didnt notice any flat damage upgrade though, but next time i'll pay attention.

i was probably going to do this anyway, but is there a specific reason you say this?

Fast weapons do more damage thanks to elemental damage, while slow weapons use mainly raw damage.
If you play multiplayer fast weapons are also excellent at applying alterations of status but they are less useful in solo (except blast element which is simply more damage).

You have to take each hitzone and monster weakness into account when it comes to elemental weapons. The reasoning is mostly because of the double attack and fast hits which elemental attacks benefit from greatly.

The type of weapon is the insect glaive. The particular insect glaive that they give you in the demo is the feather blade.

Please, Yamcha definitely took her virginity. Hell, the first thing she tried to do to get a dragon ball was show a guy her panties.

That overhead slam looks tasty, I always liked the gunlance and its concept but found the stab moveset to be lacking.

You can even spam the slam -> full burst combo now. It is perfectly viable too as far as I know. Probably eats shit ton of sharpness, but damage is great.

Gunlance seems to be really good in World. It's a shame.

Damage seems really low in comparison to most other weapons. Barring Horn because it's a support weapon that the Monster hunter team hates with such a burning passion they nerf it every iteration

I've usually stuck with lance and gunlance for most games. I wanna try to mix it up and use the horn in Worlds.
Does anybody have general tips for the horn as well as evasion in general? I feel so naked without a shield, and the playing part animation locks for so long.

I've seen some really fast kills with gunlance.

Forgot to add I just watched a sub 4 nergi kill with Gunlance too.

Okay here are some pro tips for horn. Make sure all your buffs are up constantly. If you're playing solo aim for the head, if in a group aim for legs/wherever you can get a decent damage hit on.
All your pitiful pitiful damage is weighted on your perform, with your basic hits doing very little in comparison. You should be constantly attacking/performing and for evasion you can cancel out of most of your moves so just kind of hit it when you feel like the monster's about to bop you.

I want to reiterate, your stun and damage as horn are fucking awful, not bad enough to be unable to clear, but bad enough that you provide basically no value in groups other than your buffs, which got nerfed from what I can tell

You wot mate?

I'll probably use the charge blade because it looks great OR my old sweetheart from Tri, the switchaxe.
By the way, did they keep or remove the water combat from Tri in the nintendo games after it? Gobul was one of the funnest fights.

Nerfed*

Underwater is gone.

The most important buff, attack up got nerfed effect wise. Defense up may or may not have been too, but I can't tell until I can actually see armor values and the like

Water combat is still in 3u, but got did not return in 4 and generations, and probably won't make return.

Water combat could have worked if depth moving wasn't tied to camera position

Well it looks like they buffed demondrugs as now they effect the whole team and last for a few minuteslike a demon seed but aoe.
It's not hard to keep these buffs up and stack even more on top.

Issue is that's not exclusive to the horn, meaning it got nerfed

Also are you aware that the horn we get has attack up (s)?

Decreased effect still

I should rephrase that better. All buffs excluding unique buffs, like IG's essence, got nerfed from their previous counterparts to accommodate for the whole buff rework. Meaning horn got shafted on it's whole role as a buffer. Not to say it's buffs are useless, but they're much less useful than they were in previous games

Gunlance is really fucking cool which is kind of bad because when it's in the hands suckfucks the party is going to have such a bad time.

Nevermind. I just beat it solo.
It was way too fucking easy. I really hope it's only artificially easy and the full game it's as challenging as real MH games.
Anybody got a pros and cons list for MHW going? I feel like there's a million things to complain about but a million more to be happy about.

At first I was kind of disappointed with how slow Nerg felt (I was expecting him to be faster), but holy shit he just does not get off your ass. Some of his moves are pretty damaging too.
If he's not the sole exception to the rule and you're not super undergeared for him in the beta, World could have a decent level of difficulty.

Problems so far:
Anyone want to add? I'm sure I missed something.

Possibly. It's hard to say because I'm pretty sure we're over-geared for everything else. It might be possible that we're over-geared for Nerg as well. It might also be possible that the monsters are made artificially easy.

That divebomb attack is fucking ridiculous. I cant even dodge that shit 15% of the time because its so fast and sudden. I look forward to meeting the fucker in the actual game.

The damn environmental freebies. That's my biggest problem.
Oh, and the handler is both annoying and unattractive.

Map design got worse, and I'll argue that HBG/LBG lost a lot of identity

Yeah she just watches you eat, doesn't she? Reminds me of pic related, but with more smiling.

user, the problem isn't the dive-bomb, the problem is how he scatters his needles in an explosive manner as he grinds his ass into the ground. If you didn't understand yet he's inspired by a porcupine.
Also one good thing I noticed about nergigante: his needles change color from black to white and they signal weak spots in his armor (if white), or hard spots where you will bounce and do less damage (if black).
Personally I absolutely love this aspect of the fight with him! I look forward to more tactical fighting like this.

I would say multiplayer bosses are harder, but I think I'm simply doing 50% of the damage of a four player group.
Try multiplayer tho, if you get a good room that doesn't lag it's a lot of fun.

This is what i see happening with Worlds.

I feel a lot of pissed off Destiny 2 players might decide to jump on the MH Wurlds hype wagon too.

Gunlance is a weapon that needs to sharpen constantly. It's basically that weapon's gimmick. Every time you fire a shot, it eats up a lot of sharpness, more than a regular attack, and the big full burst at the end of a combo eats up to 5x as much sharpness as a regular shot. The upside of it is that, in previous games, sharpness would have no impact on the shots, other than red sharpness (the absolute minimum) being unable to shoot at all. This would allow you to make up for the extra sharpness loss, at least in theory. From what I've heard, World made sharpness effect shot damage though, so that's thrown out the window. The demo weapons also have pretty shitty sharpness, so combine those things and you'll burn through sharpness like nothing with Gunlance.
And now you see one of the reasons why Gunlance is consistently considered one of the worst weapons in the series. It's slow, it's high maintenance, it has terrible mobility, and its damage output isn't very good. And it scales horribly; if you think the damage is bad now, wait until you see it in G-rank assuming World gets G-rank eventually. With G-rank weapons, your stabs will be doing around 3x as much raw damage as they do in the demo (or more), with a 1.44x damage from the sharpness multiplier stacked on top (the demo weapons only get a 1.05x multiplier at max sharpness), whereas your shots will only be doing a bit over 2x as much damage as they are now. But hey, at least it's not Hunting Horn.

IG gets insane buffs from the bug. Shit like getting +30% crit rate, way faster attacks that do more damage, reduced damage taken, and complete immunity to monster roars. In 4U, this weapon was insanely broken; even without any of the buffs, it was okay, and with them it was arguably the best weapon in the game. Greatsword had an average of about one second faster than it on speedruns, and Greatsword has almost always been the series' speedrunning king, blowing every other weapon in the game away by at least a minute, and usually being about 5-6 minutes faster than something like Gunlance.

(me)

Making a list and I'm checking it twice. Also added a solution section.

omniscient*

You can disable camera lock-on. All those options aren't accessible from the main menu though, which is dumb. You'll have to access it while you're in-game, like training mode.
All the other useful options are in there too, like keeping right stick as camera control only, auto-sheathing, disable damage numbers, and evasion direction relative to character's facing. Now if only there was an option that let me disable that cinematic intro camera that has to focus on a newly arrived monster every time. That shit is annoying as hell and it doesn't even pause the action.

I can't confirm that atm. What does removing camera lock-on do exactly?
If I press R3 will it only lock-on for a second like all MH games?

There are three types of lock-on: the default that always has the camera locked on to the monster after you click R3, the second is how the 3DS MH games have been with selecting a monster to lock on to and L1 will only recenter the camera to the monster and nothing more, and third you can just disable camera lock entirely.

Well I'll be…
God bless user. Thanks.
I think I'll try Nergigante tomorrow. Maybe I'll ask again in thread for anons to play with. I'll be trying different weapons while rerunning Nergigante over and over.
Maybe this way I'll make my first psn friends for when it launches

Looks like you're new here, try lurking a little more.
Deviljho has already been announced to be released in the first DLC for the game

looks like capcom snuck in health bars after all. Thing is, it doesn't really change to "hey the monster is weak" until the monster is actually limping or when it's tired. so, I guess you might as well pretend it doesn't exist.

Out of curiosity, how many of you have pre-ordered?
I did and I felt shame

you should. The game seems massively mediocre from the demo, honestly at this point it's on either side of gen which is one of the worst games in the franchise. Really depends on how stupid they go with some of the handholding, quest annoyances, and how poorly the DLC is implemented, and how many maps are badly designed.
If it's like I assume the DLC is gonna be implemented DLC monsters will only spawn when you're looking for them completely neutering deviljho's most unique trait.

Even if you thought World looked at all good, why would you ever buy the initial release instead of waiting for the G version?

Extreme lack of patience. Been waiting too long. May god forgive me because I know none of you will.
Combat and control-wise it's everything I have been hoping and wishing for. Ever since I first started trying mh, I always thought to myself, "If this could be made for pc or a modern console, even on ps3, the combat would be perfect.". Aside from all the absolute bullshit, its combat is too right to pass up.

PPSSPP to emulate the PSP titles, Portable 3rd HD on PS3, or 3G/3U on the Wii U all would've been better investments.

Man HBG sucks shit in 3rd gen compared to 4th gen. Not being able to quick scope cripples the shit out of the weapon.

Just under 4 minutes?? How the hell does that even work? I try to use the bow and I get pounded into dough, meanwhile that guy turned nergy into swiss cheese. Those kinds of players are fucking monsters themsevles.

I've noticed that the combat is much faster and fluid in MHW. This might reward quick-witted and veteran players.
Currently playing MH4U and slaying Nerg on anf off.

all this tells me is that to be good with bow all you have to do is spam the dragon piercer 90% of the time, the other 10% being doing status effects. Where's the fun in just unleashing Dragon Piercer after Dragon Piercer?

It's almost like bring it in here. The Supermoves are a horrible addition to the ranged weapons, and aren't interesting.

I liked the HBG ones because you can't spam them back-to-back-to-back-to-back, and the LBG requires some setup to pull off, but being able to spam the bow one as much as you want is horribly broken. If capcom has the sense to fucking even remotely balance this game they'll put some sort of cooldown on it at least.

They already have wyvernfire they don't need another one ontop of that. Especially a stupid as fuck gauge one

Finally managed to beat Nerg, maybe I suck but with a GS 15 min is not nearly enough time solo. Has it been confirmed that we are getting infinite whetstones I mean I never ran out in the past games but it seems like a stupid addition/subtraction.

you suck with the GS, are you abusing the shoulder tackle to get obscene damage

Ah that's my problem. Might give it another shot with that in mind but so far I'm not too excited about the game.

don't worry, I get 7-8 minute times and I'm not excited either