Anyone else seen this? Looks promising.

Other urls found in this thread:

facebook.com/FalloutProjectBrazil/
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27216
rd.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27216
resurrection.cz/en/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck off Todd

Why not just play the original New Vegas? What is the point of this?

graphics on New Vegas make it very hard to play in modern times

I like it. The only downside is that it will still be on the same engine.

Itll be cool if anything actually comes of this and it gets released. Considering every single other project like this has crashed and burned or fallen into development hell, thats probably not very likely

The core shooting gameplay from fallout 4 is a complete upgrade for the most part and it also offers a lot of other little additions that could be pretty cool to see in new vegas. Also it seems like the team behind this are going the extra mile and adding some other neat things that werent in either games, like functional vending machines.

What's up with the Frontier? I haven't seen an update in months.

Choose one and one only.
New Vegas looks dated, that's all. Fallout 4, on the other hand, looks like shit.
I don't know exactly why, but everything looks like it's made out of silly putty.
It might be art retards that can't do art and just use flat colors then put 20 light filters over it. Anyway, it looks disgusting.

Choose one and one only.
New Vegas looks dated, that's all. Fallout 4, on the other hand, looks like shit.
I don't know exactly why, but everything looks like it's made out of silly putty.
It might be art retards that can't do art and just use flat colors then put 20 light filters over it. Anyway, it looks disgusting.

Fix the fucking site code faggot.

I don't get it. Its just Skywind 2: Electric Nukaloo.

As nice as it would be to see a new Fallout game that isn't shit, there's no way that's going to happen while bethesda has the rights. I really doubt this will get finished anyway. check 'em

Nigger, having skill levels and perks isn't what makes New Vegas a good RPG, its the fact that those skill levels and perks have an effect on the interactions you can have and the way you can solve problems outside of the base shit they do. New Vegas would not be anywhere near as good without its dialogue and its skill/perk checks. The developer didn't show working skill checks, so therefore I have to assume they don't work (because Toddout 4 has a fucking atrocious dialogue system that can't be fully modded out), which means the best fucking part of New Vegas isn't in this mod. Its a deal breaker, just like how Skywind doesn't have Morrowind's magic system. Go suck Todd's 3 inch dick somewhere else.

This is the most retarded shit I've ever heard. Does this mean you don't play anything before the current console generation? If so you're a serious cancer.

I have a feeling that if they're going through the trouble of making a full skill system they'll go through the effort to fix the dialogue that is a huge part of the original game.

Stop getting so asspained

Honestly it'll be interesting to see the limits of the engine. That's the fun thing about mods. The question is better suited for "why not"

And the bigger question becomes "what mods will become compatible with this?" and "what mods from FNV will be ported to work with this?"

You can find people who would prove you otherwise. Gamebryo and Fallout 3 in general put a lot of limits on new vegas being an rpg.

god damn

I'm more excited about the New California ie Project Brazil mod
facebook.com/FalloutProjectBrazil/

LOL

So you're saying you think they just added in the entire skill system as flavor text that won't actually do anything?

What does this have to do with anything? That is game content. Meaning that is what is being ported over you fucking retard.

I actually just started a replay of New Vegas about a week ago and the shooting is even worse than I remember. Weapon handling is so bizarre, and enemy movement so erratic (human enemies will zig-zag strafe while firing at you, turning the game into a carnival duck shooter on crack). I find myself using VATS very often, which isn't such a problem in itself but it can become frustrating waiting for AP to recharge.

I doubt it'll ever be completed. Skywind is dead and skyblivion still hasn't come out. Other than open morrowind i can't think of any others that sucessfully came out.

If the mod's development were further along, you'd have a point, but, right now, your assumption is rather baseless. You might as well be saying "they didn't showcase the city of New Vegas in the video, so I assume it's not going to be in the final version".

I'm more interested in whatever mod they're using that keeps the Skills/Perks system.

As long as it's stable enough to actually play to the point you might as well finish every single quest in the same savefile i'l take it.

I'm assuming their own, since you would need to completely redesign the entire game for it to even be usable.

Thanks babe.

Maybe shits evolved a bit since then, but from what remember the project was never intended to remake New Vegas in Fallout 4. It was to recreate the setting, so that new mods could be made in the Mojave. All of this remake shit is just using New Vegas as a template to try to fix FO4 - but as some other user said - the dialogue system is pretty much fucked from the ground up and baked in. You're not going to be able to fix it.

Not unless maybe you create an entirely new dialogue system framework and having it run on top of everything else - which is going to be a goddamned scripting nightmare.

I don't see how it's possible to fix Fallout 4's engine to work with New Vegas's complexity.

Tfw just got a new PC and want to play NV on it but don't know how2mod
tfw already played vanilla 6 times and just want to shoot deathclaws with a nugget

It's a mod that recreates F:NV in Fallout 4's engine and who's to say you can't run it on a pirated copy Fallout 4.

It's not. This was discussed in the previous, identical, deleted thread about the mod.

Bethesda has been using the same game engine for more than a decade. FO4's engine is just a slight iterative improvement over the one used in Skyrim, which in turn is essentially the same engine as that used in FO3 and Morrowind.

Both the graphics and gunplay of Fallout 4 were shit.

nobody asked for this

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27216

They will be using this.

No shit, but they changed stuff like the dialog system for the worse.

Meh, all this debate is for nothing because it will be abandoned halfway through, like all the other attempts.

My brain says no but my heart says "please".

Yes, but I doubt it's unfixable

Call me when someone made an OpenNV.

which has nothing to do with the engine, thats just Ui

How many times are you planning on making this thread? This is the second one this week.

(noice)
I recall a mod for Jew Vegans that gave enemies a turning radius and slower turn/strafe speeds, thus making their movements more "realistic" and less of the sugar-rushed shooting gallery you described. The animations on enemies look like they are in slow-mo a little bit, but at least they aren't darting around like Quake bots anymore. I recommend installing some difficulty mods to compensate for this though since the turn/strafe nerfs on enemies, while making them move less unpredictably and less like braindead multiplayer bots, also makes them much easier to hit, thus lowering overall difficulty. Difficulty mods are recommended anyhow. Preferably one that decreases time to kill across the board. I fucking hate bulletsponges. I hate bulletsponge enemies because they take years to kill and I hate bulletsponge protagonists because I can go full Call of Duty retard mode and still come out with 80% of my healthbar and more Stimpaks than I know what to do with. Unless I'm shooting at a Brotherhood Paladin or am wearing a suit of power armor myself, more than 10 rounds of 5.56 to the chest and still breathing is simply unacceptable.

>transferring from one shitty game engine to another the exact same shitty game engine
all this would mean is you don't get to use the old mods anymore And would have to use Fallout 4's mods…

Pretty sure it's hardcoded to 4 dialogue options only now, actually. Might be wrong.

Once, my man.

My sides

Guess what? That was fixed months ago.

Moddability wise Fallout 4 is better AFAIK, you should be able to get some good mods for this. Still:

Exactly. The socjus faggots who are doing Fallout 4 Cascadia are also working on a multiple dialogue system like New Vegas. Also, I glanced a little upon Fallout 4 creation kit and it is almost the same tool Todd made back in 2002. It has the same dialogue forms.

This project is way too ambitious to ever be completed. Every modder is a special snowflake that works best alone. Eventually, some shitty drama will split the team. They will either disband or demand money for their work.

It's supposed to be Brazil as in the 1985 movie.

rd.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27216
There you go. It doesn't have stat check functionality but if bethesda can tie charisma to dialogue then I don't see why someone couldn't develop the mod further so you can do other stat checks.

Pretty sure "we’ll be entirely equipped to implement the dialogue from Fallout: New Vegas without any weird or hacky workarounds." implies including skill checks, too.

Impressed.

nice

It's not. It's going to be similiar to GTA Vice City Rage, nothing more.

Are you twelve? New Vegas looked shit at launch too.

It did, and now that can finally be fixed with an upgrade to the FO4 engine. Plus the shitty gunplay can be replaced as well, this is basically going to be a straight upgrade of NV.

If they can also keep the story and quests in, then it will be good. Otherwise it is pointless walking sim trash.

You were saying the game has aged poorly though. It hasn't. It always looked bad. We dealt with it up to this point.
I'm not against a graphical upgrade, but it's not like we're in desperate need of one.

with what?The even shitier gunplay from FO4?

(You)

No, the objectively superior and direct upgrade gunplay of FO4.

Haha okay.

I think we should all buy fallout 4 together and play this awesome mod!

Engine and Gunplay is better in FO4
You have to be moron to not see that

Look at how they changed the pipboy. Your view is now far more zoomed out just so they can have their shitty hand animation taking up half the screen. This sort of shit is a true cancer of modern games. Also, the animated vault boy icons are bad and far less expressive. Animating something that was meant to be a still drawing does not make it better. It's like taking the Mona Lisa and making her turn her head twice per second just because you can and "because it's new".

not to defend his faggotry, but anons, reading comprehension
fo4 engine is shit, but fnv engine is shittier
he's not talking about plot or saying fo4 is the best engine in the world, just that is an upgrade

brings a tear to my cheek from laughter seeing this naivete displayed on this Burmanese wooden stocking mask carving board in the current year
>inb4merelypretending

Holy shit he still makes videos? I haven't heard that name in years.

this low effort bait, at least make an articulate counterpoint
a 5% upgrade is still an upgrade you enormous faggot, so this is an improvement in it's strict meaning

The problem here is they clearly never bothered to improve what matters, they just added more graphical capabilities to the engine. It's still a buggy piece of shit.

Hey I'm here to Hijack the thread :^)))

I've never gotten around to playing FO:NV properly, and i'm currently in the process of reinstalling. What mods are considered "must haves"? Ones that improve the experience, add cut content, that sort of thing, Y'know?

user, they modded skill points back in.

ITT a bunch of Bethesda astroturfers getting buttmad that FONV was better than any game Bethesda put out

Was I just shit, or was I not the only one who had a hard time killing just anyone most of the time in FO3 and NV when shooting in real time due to how atrocious the shooting is with no tactile feeling whatsoever, especially on higher difficulty settings where the enemies have so many hit points it just becomes boring? I can see why they added VATS just to make it more playable while pretending it's like the old games.

The shooting in FO3 and NV was not good and the games did a pretty awful job at communicating where your bullets were going and how effective your aiming was (or wasn't). This was particularly noticeable when facing human enemies because they had extremely strange, unnatural and unpredictable movement patterns. Despite all the shitposting in this thread, FO4 actually did ONE thing right, and that was the improved combat system.
New Vegas is still a better game than all of them though.

Like every other good idea it'll die in development hell. Never seen any good ambitious project get finished when it comes to a Fallout game.

Try this: resurrection.cz/en/

Gotta give credit where it's due, Skyrim was also the first TES game where the melee combat finally had a feeling that you're actually hitting your target with some force. Oblivion was already better than "whack the target 50 times hoping it randomly connects" Morrowind at this but not quite - at least it was still better than Bethesda Gamebryo shooting.

It looks alright after some work, screenshots are compressed to shit due to

retard

thanks bb

Unofficial Patch Mod is really all you need. There was some gun overhaul mod that I used which was pretty good, gave the game shitloads of guns and renamed them all with actual names like "Glock". No idea what it was called, JOO or something. Other than that, I also modded the Vault 13 Canteen to replenish my hunger, thirst, and sleep needs so I could play on hardcore without worrying about that tedious shit.

Avoid Project Nevada, it's awful.

But the thread is literally about a mod trying to port a game better than FO4 into the updated engine?

TTW. "Good" is debatable, "ambitious" definitely so.

I don't meant to ask to be spoonfed, but does anyone have links to the torrents for Fallout 1,2, and tactics still? My harddrive got wiped and wanted to play them.

It's apparently from iirc fallout acadia which is a mod supposed to come out eventually. Unless they're making their own. I only know the fallout 3 version in fallout 4 of this is using acadias skill/perk system which reintroduces it. Apparently it's supposed to release as its own mini mod when it's done as well. Not acadia, it's supposed to be a large mod, the skills/perk mod.

Skyblivion and Skywind are coming together nicely. The Frontier and Skyrim Together are close to completion. It's possible, but these projects take years to be completed.