Bad Designs

Give me designs of ugly vidya characters
What I can think off the top of my head are: Nu-Banjo-Kazooie, Yooka Laylee, Modern Sonic, gen 6 Pokémon and Crash bandicoot

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/unxYW
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This fucking monstrosity; this fucking piece of retarded-autistic, Canadian piece of fucking dog shit.

How did they fuck it up this bad?
The models were probably outsourced to capcuck canada

Is this considered cheating?

It's actually impressive how they made everyone look like complete garbage. Not even BioWare managed that.

Oh shit nigger, how did I miss that?

Can't wait for the follow up. I'm not 21 I'm dead

It's a crime against humanity to bring something like that into the world. What kind of like are they expecting it to live?

That's an oddly specific scenario. Did you have a tard spit at you?

! TOXIC !

Everyone from the 2 SocialInjustass games is ugly to look at.

Good lord it's Battleborn tier.

Don't talk shit user, I'm right here. You're getting to wizard before I do anyway

Get this: they fucked up his trailer too (They had in his critical art post the whole fucking time). He looks like shit either way, and I wouldn't even pirate the shitty game thanks to that Canadian autistic faggot embodying everything wrong with SFV and Ono.

every lawbreakers character looks like the belong on the box art for a graphics card in 2009

I don't know what's the worse thing: MUH DIVERSITY or the shitty armor? I can not believe Cliffy B made these…things.

I'm of the opinion that NRS should just outsource all the modeling work for their female characters. They've demonstrated that they don't have anyone on staff who can actually make an attractive woman. It's not even an issue of whether or not every female character has to be hot, with NRS it's more like, "Every woman doesn't have to be ugly."

To think this is the same game Menat came from, fuck. I know it's not an original design but bobcuts make my winky not so shrinky if you know what I mean

Overwatch, Battleborn or any team shooter not give team based colors, team uniforms or are try hard diverts.

Obligatory

what's bad about them?

But (1), ugly character and badly designed character aren't synonymous.

Why does the US engie have m4 mags but main a shotgun?

They're pretty generic and don't accurately reflect what soldiers from those respective nations actually look like, but I don't see any problems from a design perspective, except what said.

They all look samey, you can't really tell what class a soldier is just by looking at them.

The intent was clearly to make classes identifiable between factions, the problem is that they did so at the cost of the factions being recognizable. So if you're playing in hardcore mode (which is the only mode were the game is worth the slightest damn) you'll be double checking your targets constantly if they are more than 100m away - or worse, in CQB you'll end up killing a teammate because you weren't sure if they were russian or chink.
What they should've done is factions that have common design elements (like a unified silhouette). Instead they did it on the base of class, which is useless since classes are extremely muddied in BF4.
It's not enough. Humans eyes are more adept at shape identification at a glance than color identification. Planetside has a similar problem between the TR and NC, but at least there your teammates are constantly marked. Not in BF4, specially when custom camouflages are taken into account.
It's not absolute garbage, it's not ugly, but it didn't take into account the fact that the game relies on target identification.

That's sort of fitting with the theme of a modern military shooter. This thread is about the very worst designs, which most can agree are wretched. Generic soldiers looking like generic soldiers is pretty bog standard.

Makes sense in context, but I'm guessing most of us didn't waste our shekels on Battlefield 4. I know I didn't.

I didn't. My brother just gave it to me since I played 3 after it went free. Yes, it's a bad game.

Never underestimate the necessity of talented character artists. Otherwise you wind up with bland, generic crap like this.

On the other hand, don't hire a mongoloid who will overdo everything for the sake of "more stuff" or "its cute! XD".

Sometimes I wonder how successful Lawbreakers would've been if every character was a cute girl. Maybe that should be the new measurement for a game's quality. Can it be saved by replacing everyone with cute girls? Y/N

That second one looks like that furfag animator who's name escapes me at the moment.

they are not as bad as BF1

Once they went WE WUZ I guess they figured any attempt at historical accuracy was going to get them laughed at.

only a small bit more successful, I played the open beta and it was just unpleasant to play and the maps were terribl

This is what happens when you toss out history lessons and research for Social Justice and Steampunk.

Western games post anita excluding based CDPR.

Why do people fucking do this? How much soy do you have to consume to do enough damage to your brain to think that looks good?

I'm not even going to mention the whole WE WUZ and historical inaccuracy, but there's things here I hadn't even noticed before.
What the fuck am I even looking at?

Here's a WWI game that claims to be more accurate. I suppose BF thought the real uniforms were too boring and wanted them to stand out.

The French tended to stand out. In fact, they stood out so much the German machine guns had trouble missing them.

Why is he using an Nvidia card as a gun though?

russian and american assault have rifle grenades for their missing grenade launchers

To shoot fire at his enemies duh.

Don't all members in a squad carry ammunition not just for themselves but for the other members also?

How did i miss that?

ackshyually, that one has a shitty explanation as they usually carry the grenade launcher solo as opposed to rifle mounted in battlefield.

cursed images
i actually like the adventure era artstyle

Akuma's design is slowly sliding ass-backwards into that one giant Lilty from Crystal Bearers.

most militaries only require that each squad member carries ammo for the heavy weapons in the squad; mortars, machine gun ammo etc. that said i don't think any soldier would object if someone offered to carry some more ammo for his gun though

I honestly didn't know this was Akuma until I read your post.

It's obviously Mufasa. Kingdom Hearts has gotten weird.

Because you can use M4 as an enji. The question is, why didn't they show him with an SMG since that is that class' primary.

The original French uniforms were utter shit like you said but damn.. they were classy as fuck strutting around in blue and red compared to the boring fucking utilitarian khaki. Kilts in any military situation though are awesome because of the complete fuck you to your enemy and nature.

I love how the Germans are the only ones who bothered to develop their own weapons in this universe.

Are there still no Frenchmen in this "WWI" "game"?

Don't you see all the gentlemen of color?

I love how the largest empire in human history is portrayed as some ragtag team of diversity fighting those big bad Germans what with their ~1mil^2 mile land they've had for barely 20 years.

dead meme ,e,

Same shit as with WW2 where the Germans are shown as these technologically advanced ubermensch bullying the poor, innocent Bongs and their small empire.

WW2 is kind of different tho, after all you've got fighting in all of the important parts of the Empire apart from Canada meaning they were fighting 4 front war thousands of miles away from each other. WW1 was the bongs, frogs, and blyats having to deal with the Germans and an empire which couldn't stop fucking up. WW2 was the UK versus two well advanced militaristic empires and their retarded sidekick.

Don't call Japan retarded. They were just technologically backwards, that's all. I mean, sure, their logistics were so awful that they could barely feed their own soldiers, they lacked effective tanks throughout the war, and actually thought they could take over China, Russia and Australia in a land war, but they weren't retarded. Also, what is Soviet Union, America, France, China, Yugoslavia, Greece, Netherlands, Belgium, Norway, Czechoslovakia, and Poland? Face it, the eternal Anglo was never alone, they just needed an excuse to rationalize their poor performance.

Reminds me of TsimFuckis

That Eggman artwork looks straight out of Mario Hops 3 on 3.

Now I can't tell if you're retarded, shitposting to the extreme, or are Italian with those first few sentences. But let's go through that list of yours
Didn't enter the war until '41
Didn't enter until very late '41
I wouldn't say they did much of anything but give up and have De Gaul try and act like he did anything. The resistance were pretty lit tho
Kinda irrelevant apart from the Burmese campaign as a distraction
So stupid they got fucked by Italy
Awesome bastards but far too small to really help out much apart from saving their own country
Irrelevant in Europe, kinda alright against the Japs for a bit before collapsing
They did nothing but flood their own country and their King being a fucking badass
Gave up in a week
Did nothing but assist with barely even a regiment of men
Them using a bear to help with artillery was their finest hour, their resistance were pretty cool as well

The UK were never alone but they did at one point have all of Europe apart from Spain and Sweden either being against them or being a front in the war.

I can post maps too. In this map we have on the allies side: British empire (Including SOI), Dutch asia, and Greece. I'm not including the African part because apart from the north African campaign there was fucking nothing of worth happening.
Was just a dumb as shit move if I'm honest, should have focused on taking out the RAF's bases before bombing civvie targets

tracer from overwatch is one of the ugliest character I have ever seen

also I'd say most gen 6 pokemon look pretty good, only a few like Florges are actually bad

pic

(checked)
Now can you faggots stop derailing the thread into history discussion.

Thanks for the laff m8

The Germans were initially bombing RAF airfields, radar stations, and aircraft factories. Then lost German bombers accidentally bombed London in late August. Churchill (who had no clue whether it was intentional or not) got butthurt and sent bombers to Berlin, and then Hitler got butthurt about Berlin getting bombed and started bombing other British cities, which gave the RAF enough time to get its shit together.

Which videogame character is the Park Ranger from Yogi Bear?

Since /his/ died I've got no where to go with my derailing tho so what if I also keep on topic while doing it? Because fuck them for making Daft Punk look like utter shit

Agreed. Master form is overrated and Sora always looked better in his KH1 attire.

If we're just talking about language Britain was alone without any significant allies as it was the only country still fighting with any significant industry.

I'm talking about Nunavut you dickhead, I don't think they were producing many bombs to drop in that frozen hell hole. The leafs were fucking crazy during WW1 and WW2 can't say a bad word about them apart from them having disgusting fake frenchies.

If Cuckold Island wants to take credit for ruining the world, let them. It's not worth continuing a thread derailment.

Fuck you.

Yeah, Donte was pretty bad too.

Yes, but wherever I am, I must also shitpost and the booty blasted faggot won't stop giving me (yous). it's hard to ignore, you know?

I don't know how having tons of disconnected landmass to protect has anything to do with military/economic aid from a "neutral" country fam
I think the Doneitz would like to have a word, and while their surface fleet wasn't the greatest their sub fleet was top notch.
Apart from Canada each part of the empire had it's own theater it needed to defend
So now you're saying Germany was retarded by making shit weapons and ammunition on purpose? wew
Britain was retarded during WW2 there's no doubt, I mean shit they barely even pulled their army out due to tons of little circumstances that went their way. They were saved from defeat by the Blitz happening. They were like a bunch of headless chickens running around when they were without significant allies only really doing well in their raids. The USA and the Soviet Union won WW2 for the allies. But Britain was still alone after the fall of France there is no ifs ands or buts.

Well that's just the shittiest analogue I have ever read right there.

The owen gun was shit

I just wanted to post an observation about how the devs were too lazy to make unique firearms for anyone but the Germans in that promo art for BF1
I didn't mean to derail the entire thread
Sorry

Have these been posted? Who cares. Here they are again.

the fortnite characters look like they were made in some kind of avatar creator by randos

awful

You didn't protect them at all though. It was the other way around.
Dönitz could say whatever he likes, the Kriegsmarine was as shit-tier as the Luftwaffe.

Is Fortnite supposed to be Tumblr: the game?

All those Fortnite characters look like the sort of inoffensive slop you start off with in a character creation screen. Blunderborn, on the other hand, is so busy I can barely make out the characters and they're all so terrible I don't even want to.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Overwatch Tumblr: the game?

Season 3 looks…not promising at all.

Doesn't mean other shitty developers are trying be the SocialJusticeWatch with their version of tumblr the game.

I want to point that soulless, lifeless Sakura model is supposed to be in-game.

last time i posted in a thread like this I got massive blacklash from faggots putting waifuism over everything else. go fuck yourself its BAD

The sad part is that second pic is probably exactly how the fortnite dev team looks.

Nice trips but shit post.

Please tell me you're joking.

I can see your true colors, broseph.
So we agree, the Kriegsmarine was garbage.
The Canadians were at Dunkirk and even lent four destroyers to help defend the retreat.
Effective, but every nation - except the Japanese - had effective weapons. The problem was they were never outstanding, or even good. Germany's obsession with high tech wonder weapons fucked over the average soldier in the field.
So did the Owen.
Germany was a good boy and dindu nuffin. Then Chamberlain and his French lover, decided to go to war. Germany whipped them and put Pétain into power, because he was a staunch champion of the French nation. America told Japan to stop raping babies but Japan told them it was part of their culture, so America goaded Japan into attacking Pearl Harbor by stopping trade with the Axis and giving the Allies everything they wanted. Germany was forced to invade the Soviet Union because Stalin planned to invade Germany (just like that Polish devil Pilsudski had all those years ago) and then the entire world killed Germany and Japan. Mussolini did nothing wrong.

Any Sonic-esque noodle limbs character designs.

(checked)
Don't tell the weeaboo degenerates that their monochromatic generic JRPG girl is poorly designed. You can see her tits and her skirt flaps about, meaning you can almost see her panties too. 10/10, design of the year, all years.

There are arguments to be made against 2b but yours is just bait. Plus Yorha designs aren't erratic and all fit their own themes so that in itself is good design whihc lots of other studios fail to follow. I do sometimes hate 2bs giant lovely ass just because of the amount of secondaries and cosplay-thots it brought into nier but that's not really the designs fault.

That video is some sad ass shit. I can't even imagine what's like to be someone like that.

Those aren't noodle limbs though.

Let's all play spot the tubmlr.

I hate that gook bitch.

SF5's models are outsourced to various people. Like, not even the same group, just random art school dropouts and shit. Zangief and I think Fang were done by the same person. I think Alex and Ken were too, and it would make sense since they both have fucking bananas for hair and clay for skin.

They are in the official art.

He was the Erdoroach of his time. How dare you say he fucked up! He was a saint!

A design isn't good because it makes your nethers tingle. You'll understand this when you grow up.

I agree with your sentiment, but you just torpedoed your argument.

I guess bombing cities into dust was also a forced reaction.
Germany was ok till they started to bomb everything.

Now where have I heard this argument before?

I think the saddest part of that video is that she's british.

If all you're looking for is fap fuel, then may I recommend some classy anime? You're sure to love them for their timeless designs. Truly, they are the foremost in their field.

they had a half fucking decent thing going

Her design is shit. You only like it because it makes your cock hard. You can't even deny this. So, how is it a good design again?

Kill yourself, user. It's true that there's such a thing as too sexual, but fan service and sexy designs are not inherently bad. I'm not looking for "fap" material normalfag term, faggot, I'm looking for aesthetically pleasant things to look at, and that's easier to achieve with sexy women.

Get outta here, moefag.

You can already imagine that the faggots making the character were thinking.

It's good design because it's eye-catching, memorable and it makes my cock hard. That's pretty much what good design is supposed to do.

Because the intended goal was to make your cock hard you humongous piece of excrement.
If you want a pillar to hold 150 tons and it FUCKING HOLDS 150 tons you'd call that a FUCKING SUCCESS.
Really, kill yourself ASAP.

How is "making your cock hard" bad design? What if she is designed to make your cock hard, stupid faggot? What if people remember it because of her design? When I think Dragon's Crown I think her and the Amazoness.

No.

It is.

those have clearly defined joints and form. Not noodle

I'm not saying that I don't like these things. All I'm saying is that just because something makes you aroused, doesn't mean it's good character design.

It's literally just zettai ryoukai, a skimpy dress and a blindfold.
See above. If faggots didn't spam their flavor of the month everywhere, I'd have forgotten what she looked like.
As I said, that doesn't mean it's a good design.
We're agreed on that point, at the very least. Lewd =/= bad, but good =/= lewd either.

They may use it, but the term originated with us newfag. And might I ask what would you call it then? Just straight up masturbating?

Because it's lazy design.
Pic related.
Then it's a shit game.
Because Dragon's Crown is a shit game.

The point of design is being eye catching. Even if it's lazy, it's not bad design because it fulfill it's purpose. Lazy wasn't your argument, or even what the thread is about.
But they haven't and you haven't either. And even if they stopped, you can forget the name of the game, but not the protagonist design, that's the point.
There, was that so hard? So what's your problem, then?

Yes, like a sane non-meme spouting person. If it's as an adjective, there are plenty that are not "fap material".
Also, GamerGate was tied with this site, but that didn't stop it from becoming cancer.

Read above. You even said it yourself.
Pic related. archive.is/unxYW
Shit, I guess Crash is shit because they remember crash, or Mario is shit because they remember Mario. That doesn't mean their design is good, but claiming a game is shit because it has memorable characters is beyond stupid.
Kill yourself.

Oh, so now you need proof that the design was to arouse a 98% masculine audience with sexy women?
Well buddy, here's a hint: Just because you like sucking cocks doesn't mean everyone does too.

So, you concede you have no evidence to corroborate your claim? I thought so.

A lazy design = a bad design, therefore 2B was poorly designed and the only reason anyone even bought Nier:Automata.

Nigga please, GPU box art characters can still be better looking than NoPlayers.

Wrong. 2b stands out quite a lot, especially if you make a lineup of other female characters, let alone western characters. The color palette alone is a good reason for that.
I'd say that ass is pretty memorable.

Shit, I forgot to add:
>Pic related. archive.is/unxYW
All he's saying is that he didn't want to make a space marine, thinks of himself as his female characters and wants them (see: that which he identifies with) to wear high heels. He might be gay, but that doesn't mean it's there to make your dick hard.

So what do you faggots consider good design?

Isaac clarke is pretty good. Dancer of the Boreal valley and vicar amelia are good too.

It is not bad if it's eye catching, since it fills it's purpose, so it's not bad.
Are you fucking stupid? Yes, it's lazy, but the fact that people bought the game for 2B pretty much means it's not a bad design, it's completely the contrary.

Not really.
It's a shame, but the women not being sexy isn't why everything's bland now, it's just a symptom.
Designing a generic JRPG character takes a lot of effort?
Waifufags have shit taste and will slurp up anything Japan shits out for them to consume. Slapping a "thicc" girl on anything will get them buying it in droves.

Certainly not mid-2010's generic Japanese sci-fi girl #8731029

Hmm… Really activates those almonds.

I agree with you fro Xenoblade Chronicle trips, I was about to post it. Not because or soggy knees but because the character are simply ugly when compared to the simplicity of some armors in X. Can't follow you for Nier though, the characters are pretty good and consistent throughout the game.

It's a direct cause. All we ever see from western studios these days are generic sassy "strong" black women with afros or fat tumblr feminists with unnatural hair colors.

In the end all your arguments boil down to name calling. It's generic! Its bland! It's lazy! By throwing such broad accusations out there you are merely highlighting the fact that you have nothing of substance to critisize.

A true shame to see trips wasted on a goonpost for (you)s.

Blunderborn confirmed for great character designs.

He asked you an honest question, you absurd fuckant. Give him an honest answer or you will show beyond all doubt you aren't interested in actually doing anything but nitpicking arguments and shitposting.

Name me one well designed western female character post anita and then we'll talk, tumbr.

So, how about you answer the original question. What makes good design in your opinion. You can come up with something seeing as you're pumping out walls of text.

But that is all I'm interested in. Well, that and (you)s.

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Triss Merigold.

See above. :^)

Bad re-designs have that extra sting to them

There's a case to be made against XC2 character design. Nier is fine though.

Like this?

The only argument about XC2 is "I don't like anime and never played gears/saga, so I'll pretend anime is new to Xeno games."

Look at this shit. It's hideous, the teddy bear helmet, the baggy pants and the fucking belts. Anime can be done better.

That's right.

You can only do so much with a diving suit. Should they just scrap the character and his story so he wears a "cool" outfit?

They could, you know, redesign him. And diving suits are plenty fucking cool, I didn't even know it was one, how did they manage to fuck that up?

the biggest problem with his design is that gay ass vest and the stupid leggings.

Was? Aren't there still threads?
What aout gamergate is cancer?

You mean the shitposting general?
It's cancer user. Let it go.

That's literally Blanka.

DAMN IT CODEMONKEY

the fuck is wrong with you niggers

he said ugly vidya characters not questionably bad

Almost everything has a reddit page, not an argument. Also, GG was pretty big back then, even though it was spawned from us.
Maybe I haven't browsed it in a while but, I haven't seen a single faggot linking reddit in there. The worst I've seen is reddit spacers but they get bullied instantly just like in all threads.
citation needed
Okay faggot, prove it. Draw parrallels.

Can't cheat when you're in open relationships.

Still proving 2D>3D.
With the amount of time, effort, and money they've wasted on this shitshow they could have made a kickass 2D Street Fighter with HD pixel art and still had enough money left over for a 2D Mega Man and a Darkstalkers revival.

first pic, they look more like tusken raiders that WWI soldiers

His design looks like trash but his voice pisses me off even more

This was pretty awful, even for Tetsuya Nomura

a testament to how forgettable that game is

GO

No. No they don't. At all.

i beg to differ; the Neptunia games, for example, would be nothing if not for their cute girls

Xenoblade's look like korean mmo trash.
nier actually looks good.

Do you perchance have the Mario drawn in Sonic Adventure style and the Sonic drawn in an unspeakably terrifying Mario style?

Never mind I found them

diives?

Is his hair a weapon too? What the fuck is going on there?

Take that back you nigger

So they've all got these unique, edgy designs as a way of trying to make them easy to distinguish from one another, right? But for all the tacticool little decals each one has for the purpose of trying to make them easy to pick out from one another they didn't even bother trying to give them different silhouettes - the thing that actually matters when it comes to picking things out from one another. What were they thinking?

good.
now if only you'd admit the rest of their games are bad, too. not just visually but all around lame. this is a good start.

Why are you posting pictures of my wife?

Their bodies and styles are dramatically different, and your hatred of breasts shows your true issue with the product.

No!

Something about him seems off.

Flat ugly bitch looks like she wears dentures.

Well of course she would be. All of her needs are taken care of and never needs to grow up.

I remember

God damn it. Brace Fencer Musashi was a decent fun little game. But the second one was an abomination with 0 redeeming qualities.

Weird that it even ever came out considering the original wasn't super successful and the sequel was like 7 years later.

It's truly a mystery what they based the ugly munter off.

T'pol was hot, though she aged like milk on steroids. Also, what the fuck is that staff on her back? Did they hire the Final Fantasy 10 art team to make it?

Maybe I should remake it and say the third ingredient is testosterone injections.

Third ingredient is female envy. Either that or she's the dyke ideal.

How does one fuck up Eva?

Modern western video games seem to design female characters like this:

I want to say Nu-Garrett but everything bad design-wise is the reinterpretation of the character and series into some generic rubbish. Dawn of Sorrow maybe, but that's more a downgrade than outright terrible.

Speaking of Neptunia, I've spoken of it before, but their HDD forms are a mess, except in character portraits, or in a few games where you can swap out the parts with blank ones (or the occasional cutesy stuff like cat ears). Then they're pure sex. Shameful.

Sonic Adventure era artwork is fine. If you want bad redesign, look at Sonic 2006 Eggman. At least they had the sense never to use it again.

Wew I thought this thing was a gook soy boi who overdid the plastic surgery at first glance.

How do you turn Garrett into a twink? We're talking about Thief, right?

No fun faggotry. Hardcore was only shoved into BF games to keep autists and hackers happy.

Actually they usually skip this step.

In the case of elfpig they gave her saggy tits. Not sure if that counts.

kek, the sister
4:30 timestamp

I actually like the way they made the elves more stick-like and insect-like in DA:I. It made them feel more "other" than just the usual knife-ear shit.
Whether they're attractive or not is irrelevant. They're elves and they deserve to die.

Pottery

That would actually mean that they look good.

I want to lick her lollipop like it's a prolapse.

Nigger, they keep posting Reddit’s ripoff Vivian. The one that was made in a fucking K-on character generator that someone found online and they named Gild-a Mar(y)s(ue)

I still can't believe someone (as in, Bazinga) looked at that and gave it the a-ok.

That's fucking hideous. Just looks like alien Sigourney Weaver (pic related). Fucking xenos man.

Seriously fuck xenos.

Her face is white but all her features are black. What the fuck is that?

Hardcore is fucking retarded. Shit taste confirmed.

He charges up his heat ray by mining crypto dude. So fucking obvious.

Jesus christ Holla Forums get over it, the war ended a lifetime ago.

I mean it's not like Germany was annexing entire countries or anything. Also is Holla Forums on red alert or something? The propaganda is everywhere. Also if any of you backing this trash are Americans, you really don't get to trash talk other countries for their imperialism: you fuckers are the worst.

Do you even go outside?

Yeah, shit on Overwatch all you want, those character designs work because the artists stick to the fucking theme and don't overdo it. They're deceivingly simple, they're easy to tell apart, and they aren't all edgy black/brown/grey. People could learn a lot from them.

Man if that's your opening argument you should just walk away. That's fucking dumb.

is that a self insert? also how is he 59 he just looks like a soyboy with white hair

yes it is

It was very loose usage of the term. He's just a shitty new take on the established Garrett, while the game is riddled with the standard modern game trappings and even manages to be worse on a technical level such as for the sound.

What a shame, they looked like puppets in the remake. I get they tried to make them look like chibi characters just like old 2d sprites, but it really didn't look that great

oh come on now, Kebako is an intentionally shit design parodying the shit weebs come up with
… tho I guess that means she's still a shit design, so carry on I suppose

Modern WOW-esque Blizzard artstyle.

They made her for the koreans because they wont play a game unless it has a slut

I don't want Darkstalkers after seeing the Sjws ruin Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and possibly Soul Calibur now (they're trying to make Maxi gay).

I would not call either of those examples "ugly". I'd just call them "extremely stupid"

The obese numale with 10 moles in firewatch.

Fuck you my gut hurts now!

It had consistency. Had.

Noice!

The Nooj never was the same after he contracted cat scratch fever.

I like it. I like literally edgy designs, which is why I like Nomura, particularly with TWEWY.
Fuck curves.

Thanks user, that really made my day

That's some fucked up armour, couldn't even tell it was an orc at first. Also Thanks Doc

I-Is the second pic S-Saurfang?

You are aware that the second one is satire, right?

Leave forever and never come back.

How did they continually fuck up so badly, straying further and further from the original concept?

I think you know. Race isn't enough diversity. Of course it's realistic to expect soldiers in a brutal war to be tough-looking men. That's the kind of person war produces, and men are just the sex suited for combat by simple biology. But race is not enough. You need "body" diversity, age diversity, gender diversity (not just man/woman, but all the bullshit snowflake genders they make up. We're not there yet in this case, but we will be eventually). That's why waifish, multi-racial women are shown to be just as strong as a fuckhuge muscular man with no explanation. They need ALL diversity, or they get chewed the fuck out. But they still get chewed out eventually, because you never satisfy these people. Regular tough dudes in a war? Expected. Old man fighting in a war? Believable. Stick-thin women that look weak even by the standards of just day-to-day life? Well you better fucking include that, or you're a sexist who hates body diversity. That's what offends me more than anything; they don't even look like soldiers. They look like fashion models with bits of uniform thrown on. I know women who do actual physical work, and they'd snap these people like the twigs they are.

Oh fuck off. At least I can quickly differentiate the bottom designs the top ones have identical bodies, armor, and coloring. They both suck shit though.

Why do you need to quickly differentiate? They're AI companions that are barely present for combat. And they're all wearing a uniform. You know why it's called a "uniform", don't you?

Cause it makes a good memorable design to be able to know who it is at a glance. As it stands they are fucming boring walking fridges. Modern fucking military fatigues have more color and personality than those sheet metal turds. And even with a uniform it's easy to make characters look different based on just equipment or optional shit like a hat or backpack.

They aren't
Those aren't breasts. They don't look like breasts, they don't act like breasts. They're fakes and I hate them.

They're called Gears, the government they serve is called COG, the game is called Gears of War. All fertile women are assigned to continuous reproduction in rape warrens, all able-bodied men were levied to fight, all sterile women serve in non-combat roles. They're not supposed to be colorful unique standouts, they look interchangeable because that's what they are very unsubtly supposed to be.

You guys never played the games did you?

In the first game, you still have a working government and military system. The idea of the design is a standardized combat uniform that might have a few custom things here and there. Sort of like you would see from (at least in movies) a combat unit that's been behind lines for a while (things written on helmets, little tokens of the battle, etc etc).
The running joke in the games is that the standard issue soldier (Carmine) would bite it big time. This is subverted in Gears 3 because of some voting contest that Epic had.
As the games go on, the government systems are breaking down and in each iteration the "standard" uniform is becoming less standard. This is due to resources shortfalls and all of that good mess. It's somewhat subtle but you also get the inclusion of women in the fighting forces and all of that wonderful mess.

In gears 4 what you have there are people who basically have borrowed armor and are on the run. They're not part of the official military and are basically running around with what they could borrow from Marcus' supplies from his old war days. So there is no standard.

The designs are fine and fit the setting and stories.
Don't be fags for no reason.

Isn't that bitch like some Amazon beaner girl from Etrian Odyssey?

who the fuck is ono?

fug

herro, that is kamiya as a black guy.

Wonder how much of your paychecks went into it.

Blocked, more like BLACKED am I right fellas? Hidecuck Cummieya can't get enough of that black cock in chine gooky pozzhole.

The good ol' All-American Breakfast Special.

Really, must have been a dish brought over from Sweden.

Silly user! Its not rape if they enjoy it.

I honestly do not see how Abigail is a bad design. He's supposed to be an ugly over-muscular son of a bitch, so they made him an ugly over-muscular son of a bitch. What do you want him to look like?

I appreciate the changes they made to make the characters being actually able to move in the armor, they didn't need to go full retard and get some asshole who really likes generic fantasy to come up with the new designs.

I'm happy with all the other designs, the last one just irks me out because it's a fucking elf. It's like some gay shit you'd find on some gay concept artist online portfolio about some world that's a ripoff of Shadowrun so it mixes generic fantasy with futureshit.

IT'S A GIANT WORM

That's at least believable since whatever planet they are on isn't Earth, and the bad guys are subterranean dwelling monstrosities.

Just imagine the amount of salt and tears if Blanka turns out to be ackshually fun and true to his concept and Sagat getting absolutely butchered.

Blanka's true concept is flying around the screen very fast and command dashing everywhere and being the most annoying fucker ever. Why would you want that?

Do you want the remaining Capcucks to have a decently good time?

i would want capcom to actually improve so we can all have a good time

She looks fine.
Literally what is the problem? Concept wouldn't have translated well into 3D, even without making the game cartoony anyway.

Old gears are ugly meatwads, nu gears are wacky tweens.

Honestly the old man is between the two pics the only good designed character.

am I going to hell? That goblin looking motherfucker sent my sides into orbit.

Hey now, don't ditch the german/dutch heritages of america.

Just because a pissy country has taken over as the ring leader, one should not forget the old masters.

walking talking steroid babies, but thematically sound, they're obviously all military and you can tell by looking at them that they probably know how to do their job. It's not a great design but it didn't' fail to follow the rules either. bonus points for actually getting a "multi cultural" team of dudes together without it being blatantly good boy point baiting.

I don't even know where to fucking start with them. the two guys on the left look like highschool football players and the two girls are wafer thin. I only played the first two gears games but to my understanding when they added female combatants they roided them up too to an extent to fit in. the erratic color choices don't help either, this is reaching BK-kids club tier design
if it wasn't for her LED belt you could just stick her into any generic fantasy game
i'd fuck her butthole but she's still out of place

Particularly in the part of being shit

I don't get why they went with this Akuma design at all. maybe as an alt costume but a character like Akuma probably doesn't even need to be altered at all, everyone already likes his regular look and would be considered iconic.

why am i even questioning modern capcom design choices

It's for old and new fans alike

Is he supposed to be looking backwards with those fucking things? I can't be the only one that sees this.

Is there an actual name for the placement of eyes not being in line with one another?
The only real life occurrence I'm ever noticed was the female lead of Moonrise Kingdom has one eye higher than the other.

Probably just a skull deformation. The eyes themselves look like they're in synch well enough.

It's called Doggo.

I like to imagine that they work more like antennae that can receive signals from the surrounding world so he can believe things aren't as bad as they are.

It wasn't a choice, they were forced to out of necessity

I'm surprised Civ 6 hasn't been brought up yet. I know world leaders aren't always great in looks, but some of the designs in that game were intended to not be appealing to the eyes.

It just looks like they let any random fuck write in designs with no coherent direction at all. The Golgo 13 looking fucker for instance was done by Nomura and he's by far the best design in the game

Or maybe it's a subtle jab at the fact that the Caucasus region is the birthplace of white people
I mean I know her chin is kinda like that, but they put WAY to much fat on the throat

I'm on my phone, someone post Civ V Boudicca lewds pls.

This. I remember when I first laid my eyes on WoW back in 2004-5 I thought it was the ugliest game I've ever seen. I took me months of playing to actually get used to it.

Why are their legs amputated?

My eyes are kind of like that because I have a minor case of cerebral palsy that made one side of my body a little smaller. Barely noticeable though.

Dude, if you take out Mei and the Tank guy and tell someone they're from the same game, expect them to tell that you're full of shit.

What the shit?

Dokkaebi's is the worst backstory yet for the game. Her's flatout says she was only placed in Rainbow because she did something to piss off her CO and he put her there to get rid of her, Vigil is keeping an eye on her and if she fucks up in Rainbow she'll be banned from SK.

So they let someone in when the world is suffering a huge terrorist attack just because a CO got tired of her.

Remember when R6 only allowed the best of the best? I guess the whole 'random terrorist attacks' made them lower their standards.

"Freeeeemaaaaaannn…"

Truly we are meant to suffer.

How did anyone think this was good?

That pizza cutter sword alone looks sufficiently ugly

WoW is one of the few games I can consider not only to be legitimately atrocious looking but to also continuously get uglier as time goes on. People always blame it on the cartoony look or the low poly while ignoring the fact that plenty of PS1 games looked more appealing but the fact of the matter is that Blizzard's modeling and animating teams are complete shit and can't do justice to what their promotional artwork team and whoever the fuck does the cutscenes churn out.

There is no thinking involved, that's the problem.
I'm convinced they just slap shit on a character so he looks distinct enough from the others so as not to cause confusion in a game with dozens.
Which can lead to abysmal designs.

You have to remember that WoW runs on a 2002 engine made for an RTS game.
The fact that they managed to keep it going to this point and throw more functions in is impressive.
I'd say they did a decent job of transferring Warcraft 3's visuals into an MMO. Whether that's a good or a bad thing is up to the viewer.

Their cutscenes were some of the best in the industry though.
They'll never top their own work from WC3, and even the WoD cinematic was fantastic, despite the company being utter shit by that point.
Although I have no clue what their recent work is like with LoV, Overshit and the latest WoW expansions.

I really hope that got shitcanned, as I haven't seen any mention of it in forever.

The official site is still up so who knows.

No offense to the boys in the US army but the Support guy on the left looks like a girl.

The problem of this art is precisely, they are NOT Sonic-esque anymore!

They already ruined Juri and Ibuki. They might as well ruin Sagat.

The armor is so half-assed. None of it looks good. Maybe killing Saurfang in the upcoming expansion might be better for any actual Warcraft fan's sake. He doesn't deserve this kind of torture.

Yeah, in your fucking pack.

Battleborn is just a war crime with shittiest proportions that even made them unattractive for drawing porn.
Fortnite's biggest issue is that it's just generic cell shaded cartoony game with guns look, no amount of customisation will make your player avatar not look like a background character from some shitty made up Wreck-it Ralph game. It's forgettable no matter what you slap on. Ninja gear or plaid sweater, shit's still generic.

What's the problem with him that makes you outraged? In the game, he's not even shown as a good character, while on Blaz's side he is a whiny useless drunkard. Event he character card you're using portrays him as weird faggot.

I don't care about the leader looks as Civ 4 also had carricatures, though more bobble-headed than something out of a 3D animated film, but the game's art style in general is very week and reminiscent of mobile F2P trash looks with simple bright graphics and exaggerated characters, and their choice of leaders apparently was very questionable several times, in particular with Korea.

He looks as if his skull got flattened in a car accident and surgeons left it as is affraid touching it will kill him

Why the fuck does everyone in that game have the sides of their head buzzed? How is this a new style? I knew a kid in school who did that back in the 90's, and everybody made fun of him for basically having an even more fucked up version of a mullet.

He's wearing them because he has nothing to look forward to.

We live in a world where you get made fun of or outright vilified for being normal.

It's still not as bad as that stupid asymmetrical, flip-sided hair cut. I've even seen young boys walk around with it recently. It makes them look like post apocalyptic catamites.

The Judge Sword never really bothered me. It's sort of iconic really.

why man

It's the worst when women wear it, it looks fucking dumb

Didn't the gooks think civ vi's gook queen looks like a nigger?

They're not wrong.

Sounds familiar……

No, it's just a shitty art style for the two leads and a shitty design decision having a ton of guests artists rather than artistic coherency. The character designs for XG/XS1 and 3 and XBC are all fine.

He's ugly, yes. But he's pretty fun to play since he has more move variety than half of the cast.

Rue's is a fucking axe.

Moe isn't a type of a character.

Every piece of equipment looks uncomfortable.

Some wore it better, user.