DAYTONA

segaarcade.com/news/free-software-upgrade-for-daytona-championship-usa.html !SEGA FUCKING RELEASED A DAYTONA PATCH BUT THEY FUCKED UP AND IT'S THE WHOLE GAME !!!

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/n56wwsgn7rhqppf/SEGA_DAYTONA_UPDATE_171206.exe?dl=0
forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156159.msg1639652.html#msg1639652
forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=156159.0;attach=364572
youtu.be/6nehpzyJzVQ?list=PLBuAOcHcmnSwBw-THDTGBuBBtnUVhXI5J&t=60
forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156159.msg1640577.html#msg1640577
dropbox.com/scl/fi/6ywzek18nyw75uxajd3km/SEGA_DAYTONA_UPDATE_171206.exe?dl=0&oref=e&r=AAi_EZNpIaVKqToEvreKP_sv2JkT9oANCaI2FoPxA7Y7omGvUZpgK7cfAJ34xevcA8ixJTP_ke5O4ixWZLACvVR1km4ETm_C3jdLi1FOaUAlzGfKo7nLkT5f-EPT8W4oHP6owOPKST8PAj5KVIbYGAm5DDlqgrf6ES34LJSzTveSwN9i4ZOjfr04pL78UXFyeZYc37gB6pKctdvoInhZpXze&sm=1
mega.nz/#!dK520B7C!dJqR71lQUnwYAFw325OPW9tgm7-0QKEsBp3fmzhysGY
des.co.uk/support
forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=156159.0;attach=364586
forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=156159.0;attach=364638
forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=156159.0;attach=364643
forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=156159.0;attach=364645
des.co.uk/driver_files/executables/dk2wn3264_7_43_0_691.exe
my.mixtape.moe/qwbwsa.zip
archive.is/ePK0E
forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156159.msg1641135.html#msg1641135
dropbox.com/s/our9bimm5g2z9r0/SEGA_DAYTONA_UPDATE_171206.exe?dl=0
forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=156159.0;attach=364656
mega.nz/#!mcEViBBQ!bKObxEPRB7zH2E8J2adTJQfLK9FeYAg3YbrZlaHvu6o.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sweet, vid related

Great, once it's downloaded, what can we do with it?

BUILD DAYTONAS
EVERYWHERE

dropbox.com/s/n56wwsgn7rhqppf/SEGA_DAYTONA_UPDATE_171206.exe?dl=0

Heres the download link
Someone mirror is before the dumb fucks realize it

SOMEONE MIRROR IT immediately!!
MEGA, VOLAFILE. IT'S ALL GOOD.
ALSO
Europe, Middle East, Asia, Africa

this is a few days old, about a week old even.

Old news
Should have made a thread but was hoping someone else did.

IT'S TIME

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
SEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Is this actually playable on your PC?

How do you get past the network discovery?

D D-D-D-D-D D-D-D DAYTOOOOOOONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

KILL ME NOW

this forum link might help. found it through this vid demonstrating it.

forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156159.msg1639652.html#msg1639652

Controls have just recently became functional as well.

Found that own my own, but thanks for posting it in the thread. Now, I've got a new problem.
Tried posting this shit five times, FIX YOUR SHIT RON

Doubleposting because Ron cannot code a site worth shit

Just a little bit more and FFB should be working as well, it seems.
Between this and the relatively recent support for Initial D Arcade Stage 6 and 7, these are good times for the only racing games that matter.

Can i use my G29?

someone made a launcher to help streamline things.

forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=156159.0;attach=364572

Hey, would you look at that!

AW SHIT
ORDERING THAT SHIFTER RIGHT NOW

Working as Sega intended, I see.

it might need a setting change, the game appears to run well on any old system. it's either that or a compatibility issue. I've yet to read the thread further to find out.

OH

MY

GOD

Is Sega on suicide watch? Did they intend to release this on PC eventually or are arcade machines essentially PCs?

All arcade machines are PCs now.

thats a shame tbh

Wait, that's from the Dreamcast version.

it seems almost all of the music is reused from daytona 2001 or daytona 2 where's my daytona 2 home port sega you fucking niggers

DO-DO-DODODO-DAYTONA
youtu.be/6nehpzyJzVQ?list=PLBuAOcHcmnSwBw-THDTGBuBBtnUVhXI5J&t=60

embed not working

arcade machines have been PCs since like 2004. stop being so out of touch that you think every little thing is the next tortanic.

Arcade machines (the few still being made) have almost all been PCs since the early 2000s.

This is gonna be as close to it as you're gonna get.

LOL

cant blame you tho, they sound pretty similar

Motherfuckers how am I gonna make this shit work on my G27? I got it to boot and all.

Well shit, thanks

They didn't even bother porting the Daytona 2 tracks, just reskinned the originals. It's hopeless.

faggots

Patcher for the controls
forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156159.msg1640577.html#msg1640577

with this patch, you can control the wheel/gas/break via XInput controllers.

wheel mapped to X-axis of left stick.
break mapped to left trigger.
gas mapped to right trigger.

This song is not actually good, of course you had to post it yourself.

this song hasn't been burned into my brain for 15 years. thanks sega.

fuck off mixingcuck

DAYTOOOONNNAAAAAA

Free yakuza when?

GAY BONAAAAAAAAAA PLEASE GO AWAY

OFFICIAL PC PORT WHEN
NIPPON PLEASE

Sega finally took down the link. Anyone have a Mega, or another source for it (The file was interrupted halfway through)?

try mine
dropbox.com/scl/fi/6ywzek18nyw75uxajd3km/SEGA_DAYTONA_UPDATE_171206.exe?dl=0&oref=e&r=AAi_EZNpIaVKqToEvreKP_sv2JkT9oANCaI2FoPxA7Y7omGvUZpgK7cfAJ34xevcA8ixJTP_ke5O4ixWZLACvVR1km4ETm_C3jdLi1FOaUAlzGfKo7nLkT5f-EPT8W4oHP6owOPKST8PAj5KVIbYGAm5DDlqgrf6ES34LJSzTveSwN9i4ZOjfr04pL78UXFyeZYc37gB6pKctdvoInhZpXze&sm=1

can a nigger get a vola link

Right-click and then look for
"run with graphics processor"
in the drop down menu
Next, choose AMD/NVIDIA
AMD currently has compatibility issues it seems.

Has anyone got a mirror up? The first link's dead, and the link in requires you to make an account.

I like how the water is still reflecting things like lights and mountains

Requested, don't let me down user

i guess i never saved the live version of the nip in front of the mic

Where are the fucking mirrors? The faggot who uploaded the dropbox link put it on request only.

I second this notion!

i know this sucks, but this isn't even my account,it's from a chink i know of, i will try to share as many as possible, and can the anons who finish downloaded it from my link store it to somewhere eles, i can't into computering.

on it. hopefully someone with a better upload speed is doing the same

I find that Volafile is rather slow to download from/upload to. I'd recommend using Mega or File Dropper instead, I guess.

Dammit.

you absolute fucking niggers

working on it, fellow african.

This is worse than Denuvo

Those monsters, expecting a standardized hardware configuration for the arcade cabinet that only they produce.

No, you don't understand
The DRM sells your face for stock photos

Those monsters, expecting a standardized hardware configuration for the arcade cabinet that only they produce.

THEY'RE HERE
RUN

it's not like it's connected to the internet. This was designed so that while you play with your friends you can see each other's stupid faces while you race. The camera doesn't even have to be on, just detected. So if there's any virtual webcam software, it should suffice. At least, I hope. Else I'm gonna have to find some cheap ass webcam to face away.

just use virtual webcam software you fucking idiot.

I cant

You cant just have it detect OBS or a stream software, then just put pico to chico in the scene? Those pictures will sell for a high price
:^)

Well, I kind of need the game first

Im at work, so i cant mirror it. Sorry, lad. If it isnt mirrored when i get home, ill toss it on vola UUUU

upload finished. here's the mirror.
mega.nz/#!dK520B7C!dJqR71lQUnwYAFw325OPW9tgm7-0QKEsBp3fmzhysGY

dont forgetti to install the usb drivers
des.co.uk/support
the release version worked fine for me

(check the dk2 drivers)

Thanks, anons. Attempting to install everything now.

you've got it running right now? have you been able to run it without an actual webcam attached to your computer? I can't get past that check and I hope it's because I'm somehow not properly configuring a virtual webcam.

yeah no camera needed, have you followed all of the instructions on this link: forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156159.msg1639652.html#msg1639652

got it running first try using these instructions

Also linking the updated daytonalauch

forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=156159.0;attach=364586

wew the dude updated today goddamit
i feel like an idiot now

heres the latest version

forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=156159.0;attach=364638

I remember Aliens Extermination used to constantly crash to Windows XP.

Keep this shit alive until I can get to my desktop tomorrow please.

Howard_Casto is the fastest fucking patcher alive right now holy shit

DaytonaLauch 3.0 (he added rumble support)

forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=156159.0;attach=364643

Good news!
I got the game to work.
Bad news!
My system is shit and I need to know how to run the game at 720p.

Go to config.ini within the gamedata folder
and go to the Render section and change these values
DYNAMIC_RESOLUTION_MAX and
DYNAMIC_RESOLUTION_MIN

it's gone can someone reup that shit ?

check

Apperantly he uploaded the wrong exe, new one here

forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=156159.0;attach=364645

thanks

I skimmed through the thread too fast.

I think I found my problem, though I don't know how to correct it

Here you go, user.

is anyone playing this with a wheel ?

You can, but keep in mind that the game only supports XInput, if you wheel is older you have to run it thorugh x360ce or other such programs to convert it to XInput

hey, can you go into you shell setting for a second and take a screenshot of the network setings, I need to make sure if is the actual problem I'm experiencing

sorry cant help you, i cant access the shell , tried reinstalling the game but it shits instself everytime

Did you create the additional directory that isnt included in the main archive? You need to make one new folder, ShellData, and copy some of the config .ini files into it from the Daytona directory.

Got it working without doing any copying lmao
It makes that directory on its own
fucking weird

i think my problem was the special drm usb drivers shitting for whatever reason

also , i cant take a screenshot of the shell screen but mine says 4 active cabinets

Thanks for that, but reading the thread more closely, it appears it's because I have an old as fuck GPU that doesn't support DX11. there goes my fun for a while

Edit your GameSettings.ini in shelldata to have this line,
TOTAL CABINETS=1
fix your shit ron

sorry, forgot to do that while i was reinstalling the game for the shell, i just rushed to the shell before applying the good configs that i had on a backup

Is this some master plan Sega has hatched in order to regain fans? Because my god they needed something like this.

I'm guessing windowed mode isn't going to let me resize it right?

Also, i checked shell right now, even with that config it sitll says 4 active cabs, its borked from the start

I think you can edit the resolution in one of the .ini files. Arcade games usually have adjustable resolution. Nesica games have that and other options in launchers before the game boots. But, this is SEGA. And a poorly put together patch, at that. Someone at SEGA amusements is on his way to the unenployment line, kek.

you can still run the game anyway on your end, right? I got a feeling that it's just detecting any device currently on the network.

Besides editing the resolution in the config.ini file. it also comes with some presets that you can run with a shortcut to the executable.

yup my game works just fine

Can't get the pedal controls to work past the second menu with any of those launchers. I'm using a wired 360 controller and it only works when I manually patch the exe.

So, any way to get past this without getting into the shell? I apparently have an error starting shell.exe because I don't have "DK2WIN3.dll". Reinstalling doesn't fix shit. plz no bully

did you install the drm usb drivers

des.co.uk/driver_files/executables/dk2wn3264_7_43_0_691.exe

forgot pic

That helps. Thanks, user.

my issue is the nothing is showing up in the ShellData folder

So, who will be the nice guy to report that to sega and report whole Holla Forums for DMCA for product stealing?

try messing around in the shell menu when running it, and make sure you have the proper file structure.

i give up im stuck right:

Ok first you need the dk2 driver exe des.co.uk/support

Rename the update folder to Daytona
Think it needs to be C:\Sega

Should have it like

C:\Sega\assets
C:\Sega\Daytona
C:\Sega\shell

Now create a folder called ShellData C:\Sega\ShellData
Create a folder called GameData C:\Sega\GameData

Now goto shell and deploy and copy config file to c:\Sega\GameData

Goto shell folder and run shell.exe

HERE >> You should get some screen about security dongle error if you press T you will get test menu and Y is service menu

I installed the driver but I get a black screen for a second

just manually create the ini files if you can't activate shell.exe

Go back to work, shill
Sega Amusements fucked the dog on this one. Any damage control should be done internally, through firings.
Tbh they have it coming. Them bitching out on porting RgG to PC for another x years of sony exclusivity is unforgivable.

Source?

can someone post their GameSettings.ini so i can copy the text

[GameSettings]
DIFFICULTY=EASY
GAME LENGTH=MEDIUM
CAMERA ENABLED=YES
INSTANT REMATCH=YES
START ON COIN ENTRY=NO
MENU TIMINGS=MEDIUM
CAR SELECT=CHOOSE
TRACK SELECT=CHOOSE
TRANSMISSION SELECT=ON
CHAMPIONSHIP MODE=YES
CHAMPIONSHIP CONTINUE=YES
AUTO DRIVE=NO
TOURNAMENT MODE=OFF
TOURNAMENT DURATION=14
TOURNAMENT TYPE=CUSTOM
CUSTOM TOURNAMENT CAR=1
CUSTOM TOURNAMENT TRACK=37_SPEED
CUSTOM TOURNAMENT TRANSMISSION=CHOOSE
TOURNAMENT CONTINUE=NO
TOURNAMENT DATE FORMAT=MM/DD/YY
DRESS CODE=OFF
TOTAL CABINETS=1

my.mixtape.moe/qwbwsa.zip
heres all the stuff on my shelldata folder

It was during the announcement of Kiwami 2, HgG, and Online. 6 using a sony smartphone for your menu also solidifies that RgG isnt moving anytime soon. If you wanted speculation, Sony probably offered a bonus to thier previous offer after sega bluffed the ports. Typical business practice, in order to get the best deal

Whats the best method to do this? The thread is confusing.

Also what are the system requirements like?

I won't be at my desktop for awhile.

download this

run the exe and make a folder called Sega at the root of your C: drive. then copy what folders the exe made into Sega folder.

then follow this
Ok first you need the dk2 driver exe des.co.uk/support

Rename the update folder to Daytona
Think it needs to be C:\Sega

Should have it like

Now create a folder called ShellData C:\Sega\ShellData
Create a folder called GameData C:\Sega\GameData

Now goto shell and deploy and copy config file to c:\Sega\GameData

Goto shell folder and run shell.exe

You should get some screen about security dongle error if you press T you will get test menu and Y is service menu

Exit out of that and it creates some files you needed

You should have

C:\Sega\GameData

C:\Sega\ShellData

Now I'm pretty sure shell.exe creates this file and you can modify with test menu but go to

C:\Sega\ShellData\GameSettings.ini
And make sure you have

TOTAL CABINETS=1

If you have
CHAMPIONSHIP MODE=YES then xbox controller does a little extra at start

Now check that shelldata.ini has this in
C:\Sega\ShellData or similar

[Credit]
Freeplay = 1
[Network]
CabinetID=1
NumCabinets=1

Now finally you need to hex edit Daytona.exe in the Daytona folder

Offset 0xDCA97: 0F 85 BC 00 00 00 38 05 C8 F9 5A 01 0F 85 B0 00 00 00 becomes 90 90 90 90 90 90 38 05 C8 F9 5A 01 90 90 90 90 90 90

And that's all. Game should load up and work

If you have xbox controller or x60ce start button will work.

If the championship mode is on then you can move left and right with analog stick and trigger works as pedal but after selecting either option then xbox controller only works for dpad as view change and start button

Don't forget to download the lastest launcher for re-enabled features Requirements are somewhat low, and if you have performance issues, press F1 to tweak the settings. And If you want to set up local multiplayer for some reason, then you'll need a webcam for every computer.

Thanks alot man!

Will I be able to control it with a 360 controller then? Says at the bottom only the view change and start buttons will work?

it wouldn't surprise me if sony does a lot of funding for these sega games in general. I think they would ultimately turn out worse without their involvement.

thanks guys i got the game to run, good times

I don't know why these arcade companies don't just release these newer games on PC/Console. It may not sell alot but it definitely has an audience.

It's actually the opposite. Sony's involvement mainly stifles the game with thier horrible brand and advertising practices. Sony shelled out for Sega because thier IPs in nipland are what keeps SCEJ afloat.

Thanks but this announcement is tricky to find and the Sony Walkman was in MGS GZ/V despite being having a simultaneous launch with Xbox and coming to PC.

So the arcades still alive in the west get money and the arcades in Japan rake in dough, Japanese gaming has no middle ground between casual and Gregor-tier games other than the arcades as well.

and all that money sony puts in goes ???

Japanese arcades are becoming casual tier money sinks as well. The greed is on par with the western arcades of old, and I wonder how long the Japanese gamers will tolerate it.

Into advertising and brand deals, you fucking dolt. Take the poo to the loo, and go defend sony elsewhere.

I do not know why, but I've messed with all of the settings in the game's debug menu, but the FPS still refuses to go above 10. For all intent and reasons, hey, I got it to work, but I guess I play it another time.

Thanks anyway.

heres a torrent if the mega goes down, it has the game already configured and patched

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:e54b1ab78d28b5902d5315ead94ed283efb22ffa&dn=DaytonaChampionshipUSA&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.stealth.si%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.zer0day.to%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.internetwarriors.net%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fpeerfect.org%3a6969%2fannounce

I remember the press release for a recent arcade game including the fact that it runs on a 750ti. Made me laugh.

Here it is.
archive.is/ePK0E
Still laughing.

I'll help you seed that, user.

I tried opening Shell.exe and a black window opens up and blinks for a moment, and then closes itself. I checked ShellData and there is nothing in the folder.

Reminds of the time the Temple of Elemental Evil editor was found in a foreign patch.

post some numbers to back up your claim

You fags better make sure to alert the Share thread.

And maybe /scurv/ if anyone be sailin' those water still, says I.

I can't into infohash and there are no tutorials without incompetent poo in the loos. Can someone help so I can seed too?

forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156159.msg1641135.html#msg1641135

I don't understand. I did the first hex edit fine, but I can't wrap my head around this post.

are you saying you don't know how to download a torrent?

He got dubs here

you fucking tiny baby

We all start somewhere.

That's a cute wingless and tailless paper crane

wut

try this niggers!

Checksum for the original .exe SEGA uploaded

You don't see the resemblance?

oops
720a3b661e911902f19497e99c45dcfd

Posting the link for the new DaytonaLaunch 3.1

forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=156159.0;attach=364656

Cmon faggots. I want my Daytona.

I have wireless internet due to my living situation, I would if it wouldn't seed at 16KB/s let alone at all.

Will seed if true.

2s are called swans in my poker group.

Does this replace the torrent?

From the readme:
What does it do?

1. Moves the Cursor out of the way.
2. Simulates the pressing of the arrow keys when you move the left thumbstick.
3. Forces the game to shut down when you press the esc key.

Requirements:

1. A copy of the game (duh). That has the security bypass hex edit applied as well as jackchen's hex edits for wheel support and force feedback.
2. A xinput based gamepad or an emulated one.

Useage:

1. Put the exe and the "deadzone.cfg" file in the same folder as daytona.exe
2. Launch the game via "DaytonaLaunch.exe"
3. Enjoy

Can't believe I fucked that up, I'm going to bed.

Does this torrent work?

I'm downloading it now so yes. We need more seeders though.

I'm on my way
brb

ok, this one can dl without login

copy one of these

bump

It's early morning for most US, I wouldn't bump for another 5 or so hours.

I'm from aus, sorry about that.

I don't feel like setting this up right now but what a pleasant fuck up. Thanks, SEGA.

Just shows up as no files for me, and stuck at 0.0kb

Check your torrent client settings
if your port is up and running

Are the configs in this torrent fuctional?

A FUCKING REEF

Need some help, my controller stops responding after I press quick play.
Been looking into this x360ce thing but that isn't working either.

download cannot be reached
can someone put this on vola or mega??

Does anyone have any tips? Keeping the pedal on the floor and turning left constantly doesn't seem to be doing me any favours.

the dreamcast ran windows so it could run shovelware ports of arcade games in 1999

The system running Windows CE was a last minute addition that was made at the request of Microsoft. Everyone at Sega knew that MS' intention was to use it as a "beta system" for the original Xbox to test how they'd make a console OS (MS originally called it a "partnership", which everyone rolled their eyes over), but they honestly didn't care because their first and foremost priority was to release the Dreamcast with the least amount of problems as possible, and they figured that it may incentive some publisher who wanted an easier solution to making games for the system.

However, it has also been noted that every game that ran through the ported version of Windows CE ran worse than every game that was actually programmed for the Dreamcast itself.

mooscles

EEEH? EASY MODO?

that's the default

Pardon my autism but why? Were the creators shit at their own game?

probably…
or maybe they give Americans the easy mode (if this is the American version) because they don't like a challenge and that's how they get them to keep playing?

Could multiple computers on a LAN be configured to act as connected cabinets?

Did you change the hex code to account for controls? Alternatively, use this mega.nz/#!mcEViBBQ!bKObxEPRB7zH2E8J2adTJQfLK9FeYAg3YbrZlaHvu6o. Drop it into the same folder as Daytona.exe and run it once to patch it.

I dont think anybody has tried. If an user here has multiple PCs that can run it, please try running multiple ober LAN and let us know.

If that is this:
Now finally you need to hex edit Daytona.exe in the Daytona folder
Offset 0xDCA97: 0F 85 BC 00 00 00 38 05 C8 F9 5A 01 0F 85 B0 00 00 00 becomes 90 90 90 90 90 90 38 05 C8 F9 5A 01 90 90 90 90 90 90
Then yes I have altered the hex code.

the .exe you sent got it to work in the game so and I can turn and stuff however it still doesn't work in the menus, so I can only play the one track and championship mode, I cant select track or car.

Not quite. It's additional hex editing for the controls, not to bypass security like the step you show.

Still not working? Are you sure you're not holding the stick down? The menu only reacts if you hit right/left on the joystick and return it to the center. It's because you're emulating the steering wheel with the controller.

So the joystick works to switch between Quick Play and Championship but not to select track and select car but then it works to drive in the game…
So the emulation is working just not for that specific menu after the screen goes white. its really odd.

Has anyone got it working with a wheel yet btw, want to try that too but have no idea how to get it set up.

From page 2 on the arcadecontrols thread:

**YOU NEED A WEBCAM CONNECTED FOR NETWORK MULTIPLAYER**

It does not work if you turn the webcam off in settings

So make sure you have some kind of camera connected (I used PS3 Camera's as i had a bunch lying around)

Now under ShellData.ini in ShellData

[Network]
Enabled=1
CabinetID=2
NumCabinets=2

set cabinet ID depending on which pc you are using Set Cabinet 1 for Master/Server and Cabinet 2 onwards for other pcs and finally set the NumCabinets to how many cabinets you want. So for 2 player obviously just 2……for 8 player=8

Goto GameSettings.ini in ShellData

ENSURE YOU HAVE CAMERA ENABLED=ON

if you have this off then you are wasting your time and network will not boot up once you get to the power boot sequence same with having webcam disabled etc

Goto config.ini in GameData

[Network]
FORCE_NET_VALID = 0
NETWORK_TYPE = 0
# 0: Slave
# 1: Master
# 2: SinglePlay

set Master as NETWORK_Type=1 and every other cabinet as slave =0

*ONLY WORKS IN 192.168.1.X RANGE**

now they would only work in that range and I believe X has to be pretty low numbers too eg 2-9 but someone can test this more and see. Unfortunately my network is in the 10.0.0.X range so I will use a program to automatically change my ip when I load the game and change back when I exit out

Goto game.ini in shell

[Network]
Active=1
Domain=127.0.0
BaseAddr=1
Port=23232
CabinetDomain=192.168.1
CabinetBaseAddr=8
CabinetPort=27000
CabinetActive=1
MasterTimeout=15000
ClientTimeout=15000

[ShellNetwork]
MasterTimeout=70000
ClientTimeout=70000

modify yours to have these numbers except change the CabinetBaseAddr and I matched it with whatever my last number of IP was

so for above my ip was 192.168.1.8

Now launch the game across all your pcs and they will go past the network discovery screen once they connect.

Press F1 to launch the debug screen on all the pcs (Im actually not sure if Master needs this too but it doesnt hurt to launch on that too, ensure the webpage loads, if it doesn't open then goto 127.0.0.1:23232

now finally alt tab back to fullscreen on all your pcs and you will have the Network Power boot or something like that. Should say Good on all your pcs and boot into game on all of them

You can check the logs if you have any issues and it might help with finding the solution, but if you are having issues at the power boot screen where it says Good and then changes then its almost certainly the Webcam

That's it! Enjoy!

Does the game detect the USB connection for a camera, or can i use OBS?

it needs a physical camera. someone in the thread got multiplayer working without any, but it was only him for some reason.

Time to get some two dollar webcams from the electronics store. But the real question is, what doujin panels should i print to point the cameras at?

Maybe you can run a vpn and change that domain.

what do you mean exactly? it's a private IP address range, and only works within it.

Bump

Is there a way to have some "give" on the joystick.

As it is now I tap the stick at all and I launch full speed in that direction. Its either on or off.

Using an Xbox One controller.

My guess is fucking with the number in the Deadzone.cfg that came with the DaytonaLauncher.

The game is designed for a steering wheel and interprets analogue stick values like it's a wheel. So when you tilt the stick, it's not like in games where it rotates a pretend wheel to steer smoothly, it interprets it as you rotating the wheel all the fucking way extremely fast. So basically just pretend you're performing open heart surgery while playing.
I've seen other arcade racers where people put hacks in the i/o emulation to get sticks to work better but I do not know if this game has it. Maybe there is some general third party software.

bump

Rubbing isn't racing.