Fire Emblem Thread

Hey fags its been a while since we've had one of these.

What are ya playing?
What's on your backlog?
Are you emulating or not?
How do you feel about the ones you're playing?
Feel free to ask questions, post runs,have others draft or pick your units for a challenge run, or make fun of Nu-FE and its shit community, and post anticipation/anxiety over the Switch FE.

Did you enjoy Echoes?

I myself have been doing a Hector Hard Mode challenge run of Fire Emblem 7. I had a few fags pick me shit units to use for it. This will be my 5th playthrough of this game if memory serves me correctly and I'm still enjoying the story and every single thing about it. This was the perfect way to do difficulty in a Fire Emblem game and really almost any game in my opinion as well.
Fucking fantastic.
I'll probably end up playing FE6 after this (complicated situation but my save file disappeared when I was nearing the end), then FE4 and 5. I'll probably finish with 9 and 10 to end my backlog, or maybe cram Echoes in there somewhere. People really like to hype up those Kaga games in particular.

Don't forget to post in spoilers if necessary!

Other urls found in this thread:

serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Lackey_CCG
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

Won't it just be a more casual game? I haven't played Echoes yet but Fates and Awakening seemed to show a darker future for the series unless they plan on making the Switch game harder assuming it is going to be a new mainline title and not a spin-off/ remake.

Half of Echoes was pretty good. Desaix's control in Zophia and the politics surrounding the Deliverence was great. Perhaps it would be a better game if it weren't held back by being a remake, as it could have gone further if Alm and Celica didn't exist.

Jugdral and Tellius are my favorite worlds because they're mostly politics, ancient evils only there by necessity.

Echoes was held back by copying the stage designs of the original Gaiden game. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game, especially the art and how being a matchmaker was downplayed extremely compared to the last two games, but some of the stages are so shit. Especially the ones with that earthquake spell.

Switch FE is all but confirmed to be a mainline game
Echoes is good, but like

said one of its problems was, ironically, it being a bit too faithful of a remake
overall its pretty good though and I plan on playing it
It's the best 3DS FE by far at least
Because of that I have a little bit of hope for Switch FE but not much because

The art is shit, though.

You piece of whatever take it back or i'll do nothing

Favorite supports and characters user from them user?

Mangsfag please leave
I'm gonna start Tear Ring Saga and finish the rest of the Kaga Saga. I'm looking forward to the google translate patch.

I feel like the ancient stuff only held Tellius back. Bloodpact.

Reminder that if you play mobage you are lower than a nigger.

Does anyone has the infographs about the bitch that made Awakening and Fates.

Replaying Mystery of the Emblem to try and have everyone survive this time
Genealogy and Thracia, I've played all of the GBA ones and have no desire to play Awakening and Fates.
Of course, I can't read Japanese and don't have a Super Famicom I also rely on save states like the little bitch I am, pls no bully
Mystery feels clunky compared to the GBA games but is still a very enjoyable game nonetheless.

I try to stay optimistic about the idea of a new Fire Emblem. I'm fine with some of the new mechanics they introduced, but I want to the waifu pandering and self-insert characters to absolutely fucking stop. Don't get me wrong, the core of the Fire Emblem community has always been circlejerking over who has better taste in characters, but now they're practically baiting it at this point.

I have not bought echoes at all, don't have a 3ds.

What are ya playing?
the FE remake on DS
What's on your backlog?
Everything before FE 7, and then there's the 3ds games
Yessir
I'm not sure if its good that im playing the remake before the original, but I think this is a decent game. I felt more adrenaline playing PoR

I kinda appreciated it being an EXTREMELY faithful remake with a prettier coat of paint. Its one of those times that since it was never released here and I only played it on shitty emulator it was sorta nice to see an almost faithful remake.

seconding this

you can get a 3DS for dirt cheap nowadays and then hack it to install CFW and get all games for free

I'll consider the investment, especially if I would be playing them for free, because I'm too unsure to get them for even 30$ used

Yo
I know she's a turbo cunt for what she did, but she was only partly responsible for the garbage. Remember, games are made by more than one person.
Also does anyone have the twitter caps she made after a cipher stream?

You don't deserve those trips

Fuck's sake user at least try to greentext.

Heroes is alright. Fight me

I've played and beaten Fire Emblem games without savestates, but for replays and some points in the SNES games I can't help but use them at times to keep my favorites alive. It's not my fault they gave some older characters a lot of personality and at least it's back when Fire Emblem games had somewhat decent story too. You'd have to be borderline retarded to use savestates in Sacred Stones though, I'll agree there. I feel like shit when I do use them and try to do so sparingly. Such as creating a savestate at the beginning of the map so I don't have to quit and reload. I hate using them on turn-to-turn basis, it feels like cheating, but I'll admit I have.

I __agree
Even if the power creep is bullshit and requires +X golds to do any of the late lunatic missions.

fuck off

Son, I think you may have brain problems.

You both need to fucking off yourselves.

The only people who need to off themselves are whales, I don't spend a fucking dime on mobage shit.

You play it, you support, you're a problem, stop breathing anytime.

Im pretty sure the biggest whales are old fags. A majority of the 3DS units are low rarity units

You can keep on wising for me to drop dead, but its not going to change a damn thing if I stop playing.

There's nothing wrong with making states at the beginning of the map.
It seems daunting to not use save states, but it's really not that difficult after a couple maps. Part of the fun of Fire Emblem is rolling with the punches.

Be the change you want to see. If you want micro transaction ridden mobage to stop, then you stop playing mobage. But this obviously doesn't apply here as you just can't stop sucking dick.

Echoes is the only one worth double digits, Awakening and Fates can be solod with Robin/Corrin and Chrom/one of the Sibling characters on Luncatic. They are piss easy.

FEH is a pretty nice gacha though IS gives out alot of orbs for free and drop rates are fair

Not a mangsfag
though I did very much like his old HHM playthrough

Hardware is always good to have friend, I recommend it
if you're scared just pick up a 2DS XL or some shit, should be able to get 'em for cheap.
Honestly I'd recommend getting a new copy, they should be going on clearance now for 30$ or so. At least show you support that direction of games, but you can always /scurv/ it if you're apprehensive

Please don't contribute to gachashit. I'd like to pretend people here are responsible, ethical consumers for a little longer, and not the reason we have to deal with this absolute ongoing garbage right now

You know how to fucking stop this shit from happening? By quitting playing the game. We have an user who works in one of these slimy companies doing this shit and they even said it themselves: if there's less people for the whales to lord their shit over, they won't throw their money away

Its a combination of both, but it doesn't matter because its cancer regardless

I can forgive this shit when its for some bullshit like
>surround kishuna and hit with all attacks

Nice. I'm considering playing the remake if there's a fanslation out of it yet
I don't know how dated the originals (1-3) will feel, are they worth playing?

Oh God I fucking hate Awakening lunatic. It's either
or
I don't have the energy to write about how much Awakening sucks right now, but that still makes me fucking mad to this day.

Always pirate first.
Post the rest of those gifs

I can accept a character's death if it was to a boss, strong enemy, or surprise mob. Trying to get out of a tough situation you've fucked yourself into is also fun, especially when you succeed. The permadeath and danger does make it a more thrilling game, but sometimes its tough getting those optional units or trying to level a character you haven't used as much only to have them die like a bitch. It's a shame a lot of thrill has been stripped out of the newer games in favor of waifubaiting.

From what I've seen, there's no reason to play the first game aside from "trying it" or completion. It has 2 remakes which are both better games in their own regards. I haven't played either version of Gaiden so I can't say which is better or if the original still has value. Mystery is clunky, but is still enjoyable enough that I can recommend it. The graphics also look nicer than the remake imo, despite being older. But I haven't played the DS games either so I guess my opinion is invalid gameplay-wise.

I get the appeal of permadeath, but how often do you actually accept it? I think for most players, it turns into "restart chapter if anyone dies". How can you convince someone to leave behind a character they put so much work into?

Because loss is a very real and unavoidable thing, and the games truly come to life when you cope with what you've lost and make the most with what you have.

Most players can't accept it because they have nothing to blame except themselves. inb4 muh RNG.

outside of an ironman run where I'd be forced to do it I really could not do this.
Funnily enough it did end up happening for me maybe once or twice. In my first playthrough of FE7 I had Erk die after a fuckton of turns spent item managing and doing tangential shit. It was basically all-but-done and I was so beyond angry that I actually decided to move on. I'd had restarted for every character death instance up until that point

Either force them to, a la an ironman run, or make them so utterly frustrated like how I experienced that they can't even be assed to reset and just move on
Its less about the work I put into a character and more my emotional attachment to them though, but I'm kind of cheesy in that regard.
Plus it forces you to play better and grow. It was quite the thrill hearing of how my little brother improved after I got him into Fire Emblem. He was absolutely shit when he began and the pace at which he learned was phenomenal. I feel like perma-death really just forces you as an SRPG player to become better, and in the case of Fire Emblem where you want no characters to die because they aren't expendable units like you'd see in an RTS or something, there's a stronger incentive to do so

I don't trust you.
Decent post though. The games have a surprising amount of "contingency" I suppose, with how much the story can change if a character dies and you move on without them. An example would be if you have Matthew die in the first chapter of HHM and see the cutscene afterwards

I accept it all time, it really kicks me if it happens, but it's what drives the player to git gud.
All the early titles were designed with the player fucking up left and right, it's why you got so many filler units. Around FE7 they stopped doing it as much, and while I prefer what the Kaga games plus FE6 did, it's still very much possible with room for error.
Honestly, you do yourself a huge disservice by not ironmaning at least once for each game, it's how they're supposed to be played imo.

Too many but I have soft spots for Diarmuid and Stefan.
Seliph/Tine if that counts. She starts out as this scared little thing on the enemy side and grows into a fine young lady that stops leaning on her brother and wants to avoid the mistakes of the previous generation.
I remember liking Calil and Tormod's supports in PoR opening the spirit charmer can of worms. And I guess Micaiah/Volug even if one's a subhuman furry that can't speak a real language. Micaiah and Sothe were like oil and water, I had to break that up somehow.

On harder difficulties (RD "Normal") I just get to a point where I want to move the fuck on with the game so I accept sacrifices. Like Nephenee. Ripperoni Wrath manual.

Post more agahri

There's too much user.

What are ya playing?
Radiant Dawn on dolphin emator
What's on your backlog?
Thracia 776… im honestly kind if scared due to its reputation amongst the community
Yes out of necessity
The Tellius games are my current favorite. I really enjoy the difference between it and 13/14 and Echoes.
I also enjoy how there isnt a distraction of waifus. Though i dont decry waifus as a feature i feel that its a distraction and shifts the focus.

My favorite thing about it is how you can turn any character into a good charcter, almost any, and the unique ways your army operates as a result. Like having thw three green haired brothers team up

I also have grown a sort of respect for the weight system.

Did you enjoy Echoes?

Yes and im doing a third playthrough. I didnt have a problem with the theme of romance in this one as ita actually a part of the story.

What if the reason they remade Gaiden was as part of a 4d chess move to ease the Nu FE players away from Waifus by limiting everybody to the same girl and in the next one iitll just be fantasy war with mayhaps an occassional romantic liason or stated love interest that isnt involved with the story.

In regards to the switch FE… on one hand i would lime another Tellius game but due to the last 10 years being notbing but my favorite franchises/ stories being perverted and destroyed i am frightful of such a future.

No it hasn't and I hope you never again use this retarded phrase again.

So she's basically the Aonuma of Fire Emblem? I noticed that at some point Fire Emblem took a nose dive and became otaku-tier waifu shit all of the sudden. Is there anything more detailed for use who don't speak Japanese on this topic?

And I enjoy FEW, we're both cancer now!

I really hope the switch FE ends up being good. It was one of the few series on the GBA that I really enjoyed other than AW and Golden Sun.

I've been trying to get into this series, maybe you anons can tell me if my approach is a good or a bad idea.

My only history with the games was a couple missions of the GBA game when I was a kid, then the first half of Awakening when it came out. Decided I wanted to go through the series in order so I played through Shadow Dragon and really enjoyed it. Then I looked around a bit and it seems like Shadow Dragon is actually one of the lowest rated games in the series. Are the other games just that good, or did SD do something particularly heinous that I didn't notice? I was planning on pirating Shadows of Valentia next since it's a remake of Gaiden, but seems like anons here aren't too fond of it.

My general approach has been to play the titles in release order, but use the most recent remake where appropriate. Should I not bother with that, and if not what should my next game be? I've heard really good things about Genealogy of the Holy War, but the GBA game calls to me too, and I'd also kind of like to round off Awakening just so that I don't have it half finished anymore. Guide me, anons.

That merely makes you retarded.

That's a fine enough approach. After SoV I would start with the Jugdral games, they're a bit of a departure from the series norms, but they're really good. After that, just go where you see fit.
Shadow Dragon was seen as kind of shit because it was really barebones. The side characters got no supports, battle sprite looked kind of shitty in comparison to the rest of the series, and it had a retarded system for getting gaiden chapters. Keep in mind it's still a fantastic game, it just didn't live up to what it could have been.
You should clear up Awakening if it's bugging you, it might be one of the worst for a lot of reasons, but it's the kind of shit that everyone needs to see.

There are some links in the bottom of the image, but there's not a lot more to the topic as far as I know. She doesn't appear to be involved as much from what I can tell, so that's nice at least.

Emulate path of radiance

so far I played FE 6, 7 and 8
currently playing shadow dragon on DS before playing echoes
I also play FEH while at work, I kinda like it, aside from the slot machine bullshit

i played sacred stones, fire emblem. what next?

Binding Blade

Or emulate the Dawn games.

*Radiant

C'mon
I'm emulating right now

I play it when I'm not playing DS
and it's pretty fun of you give it a chance

Binding Blade

I gave it three months, it's shit. Don't support mobage, kids.

Play Fire Emblem (7), Sacred Stones and Binding Blade
Or switch the order of Stones and Blade

I played Awakening and I just couldn't get into it. I was thinking less about what would be tactically advantageous and more about if the right units were getting XP and companion bonuses. Archer and winged units were impossible to level because they got fucked up easily and did little damage. I think I would've had more fun if units levelled independent of their kills / heals, so that you don't feel obliged to use sub-par strategies just to level one of your units. I guess I just wanted something a bit more like Advance Wars.

Are these problems inherent to the series or just Awakening?

Its not inherent to the series but XP is important
Awakening just had shit map design and relied more on unit strength over everything
Support bonuses are very helpful in other games but not practically necessary like Awakening
Archers are usually very much a pain to level in a lot of Fire Emblem games though excluding a select few

I want to play FE3.
Do I need the first two titles in the series or can I just jump right into it?

Florina is best girl.

Fe3 comes with a remake of fe1.

what?
on ds heroes of light and shadow and shadow dragon are separate titles

It does?
So do I play that first then?

Is 3 even connected to any other titles in the series?

Yeah, 1

All right then, thanks.
Since it has the remake built into it, it's fine.

Yo fags I can only promote either Wil or Canas at this point
Who should I go with?
I feel like Wil becomes far more of a liability without promotion (and I have to field
but Canas gains staff use which is pretty huge
In a normal playthrough it'd be easy to go with but fuck this is a pain

They don't share promotion items, so I'm assuming you're way late in the game and asking which to buy? Either way, go for Canas.
Why do you have to field Wil?

Challenge Run, and I just finished chapter 25
They do in this case: I'm trying to decide which of them to use the earth seal on and neither will be able to get a promotion until whatever the chapter is where you can buy them (or maybe after Battle Before Dawn with that guiding ring, though I have to field Nino as well…)

TRUST NOBODY
bump

I'll never understand what the fuck they were going for in this commercial.

Final bump

kek

Progress on people's runs?
I'm on chapter 26, deciding on how I'll get to the shop without triggering Vaida into killing my weak ass team and also without wasting Lyn's lancereaver on a bunch of regular wyverns

oh man this is my first time seeing that commercial. Talk about having jack shit to do with the game.

Playing through fire emblem ike 1 on my wii u, on hard of course.

Stuck on the echoes post game, ive spent like 3 hours in that fucking dungeon only to lose to the creation. I wasnt too worried because i thought i could just back out after three turns like a lots of maps but fuck me. Like 35 or something flat damage is too hard to deal with when most of my mage nukes didnt even have that much max health. Cool music though, i was sweating the whole time

Also ive played heroes since day 1 on and off, bit of a lul in action right now so im saving orbs for the first time, at like 55

>don't like heroes because its just a boring stripped down version

Honestly if Fire Emblem Switch is bad i'm going to kill myself

I hope you do for being excited for Warriors after hearing the announcements
good lord how are you still alive in that cancerous place?

Didn't mean to sage, bump

I didn't find the final dungeon that hard. It was a pretty comfy walk while occasionally getting a rare item. Also really liked the Awakening references more than I thought I would.
don't do that

Have you tried playing the not-FEs that Kaga made? They fill the void pretty nicely.

whoops

Eh?

Tearring Saga
Berwick Saga
Vestaria Saga

Ahhh. Shit I haven't played those and have only heard about them in name only. What's unique or good about them, or are they just more Kaga Emblems?

Those masked fucks with like 120 hp and a billion stats constantly getting summoned wasnt even the hard part, it was just too hard to kill the creation

Does anyone have experience with Trapper Knight Sharpshooter Princess? How is it overall?

Tried RD again recently since I have it physical on wii. Everytime I reach the part where they start switching my teams every other map I lose motivation so quik. I will never beat this game.

Bump

TRS is a sort of sequal to the Arkanea games, it's like a combination of Gaiden and Mystery of the Emblem.
Berwick and Vestaria I don't have much knowledge of, besides Berwick having hexagons and a new translation.

Are there FE that don't do the reinforcement mechanic or keep it to a minimum? I don't like playing every map twice because some random dude spawned near a squishy

Just replay awakening. It's hard to recommend anything to a nuFEfag.

In 7 through 10 reinforcements didn't move on the turn they spawn. And in 4, reinforcements are rare: it only happens when an enemy commander loses most of his men and retreats to his home castle to get more.

He may just be lamenting the last few releases.
Besides, Conquest actually was somewhat better, save for the flier spam and moments when the maps decide they want to be cute with the wind sage shit.

Do we like Cipher here?

Radiant Dawn is good

Fight me niggers

It's alright, nice art most of the time. And unlike heroes you actually get something in your hands.
Whatever happened to that hundred heroes shit they did a little bit before Cipher?

That's not something special you triple nigger. It's one of the best in the series from a gameplay point of view.

WHAT SNES EMULATOR TO USE TO PLAY FE4!?

Snes9x

OK THANKS!

Is there even a way to play it?

The art is good but the face feels entirely off for Eliwood

So hey, I've been trying to figure out how to repack my Fire Emblem Awakening ROM with all the DLC to play it on Citra but so far I've struggled to understand where everything goes.

Does anybody have a spare a link with a decrypted rom with all DLC packed that they can share with a poorfag who can't afford a 3DS to play the game?

It was just a collection of art. Got completed, too.

LackeyCCG.
serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Lackey_CCG

I'm still not over this shit.
I don't even think the 3DSfags were satisfied with the roster.

Did they even buy the thing on it?
I heard it runs fucking terribly on the 3DS
I consider FE Warriors a fucking disgrace. The amount of jewery fucking disgusts me and I'm very disappointed when I see people being proud of the fact that they'd bought it.
Its fucking shit, stop supporting Intelligent Systems when they go the wrong fucking way.
One of the things that really bites me is the lack of Echoes promotion, possibly because NoA wasn't the one who translated Echoes. I wouldn't be surprised if that was a factor at least. Can't please the fans who actually cared about the franchise, just give all of it to the bandwagoners and new people you attracted, fuck them right?
At least Fates has a shit user score on Metacritic but that doesn't mean much. FE fans need to actually fucking speak up when it comes to this shit or ISis and nintendo will keep pulling it.

If I can read japanese what is the best version of FE2 to play NES or 3DS? Same question for FE3 SNES or DS?

can anyone recommend their favorite fire emblem for gba? my potato gets horrible fps when emulating ds games.

FE3 go SNES, FE2 go 3DS.

I'm partial to FE6, but if it's your first time with it be wary of chapter 8, it can be retarded if you don't spread your units properly.

Hm what exactly did the DS version of FE3 fuck up?

I've heard nothing but fantastic things about the FE3 remake. FE1's remake is what I heard lackluster things about.
FE12 supposedly has some of the best map design in the series

Are there any rom hacks with good gameplay and a story that isn't cringe?

I suppose this cosplay is appropriately flat

I like Heroes, its a good time waster and hopefully the money it prints goes into the Switch game. It also probably helped get a lot of people interested in the older games.

Didn't everyone hate heroes because it pretended all the older games didn't exist and was mostly shit from awakening and fates?

Outside of seasonal, limited time units, only 4 characters added so far have been from Fates, Awakening has had 0 new characters outside of seasonal ones.

The fact that for the game's "year 2 popularity contest" Nino is likely to be in the top 2 girls and get a special version later this year based on early polling from Japanese and western sites/boards and Camilla and Tharja are nowhere near her is telling.

Fuck yes.

Its a close race between her, Eirika and Celica.

The two guys will be Hector and Ephraim.

I wonder if all four are GBA characters they'll use Nino's FEH artist instead of Sachiko Wada? I like his/her art, they make draw some super-cuties.

Oh my bad I was thinking of Warriors.

I'm fine with those choices. I'd personally like to see L'Arachel and Dozla, but the chances of them being voted high is next to none.

The update roadmap posted recently hints at more Sacred Stones characters coming on the 24th, Lyon will be released as a free character on the 25th. L'Arachel is a pretty safe pick, second only to Myrrh in my opinion, if they do a batch of new SS characters.

Voting for substitutes is suffering.

Staff of Ages

Story was it's primary issue, avatar cockstrocking started here, except it's worse because it's shitting on something that already existed. It had some decent maps but on higher difficulties you basically could only use one strategy for every map.
Looking at it now, I'm actually seeing the seeds for Awakening, since the team that now works on the series started with Shadow Dragon.

We were just over this. Fuck off with the mobage.

Voting for anything from the Jugdral games is suffring.

I never noticed it but it's strangely absent from 3dscia. That seems like the kind of game someone would have gone back to grab.

bump

Why are the gachafags so insufferable.

You answered your own question

They're like little dolls that give different responses when you pull their string.

I see it as a way to vote how much i hate fates to nintendo

How so?

From what I can tell, it's set in a world where two nations respectively have the power to open and close gates to other worlds, and have access to at least one instance of every game in the series so far.
So by design, everything in the series can be acknowledged at some point.

They couldn't even get the Dynasty Warriors spin off to work. It's somehow even lazier than all the other games.

its probably bait, that post is utterly full of retardation

Sacred stones GBA a best and was my shit as a lad. Have not played SS recently though, been into other stuff. Gilliam was always a favorite character and WALL. Pic related is some quickie OC 9000 hours in paint.