Demon's Souls server shut down

Demon's Souls servers are getting shut down before the end of February. If you don't play the game now you'll never get to play it in it's original form and you'll never get to grief faggots as the surprise PVP boss.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/lZ2ZW
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shit, forgot my source:
archive.is/lZ2ZW

Now that the game is decommissioned, do you think that sonyggers will stop trying to claim that this game is the best in the series?

Demon's Souls was the last in the series I played due to not having PS3 before, and the halving your life to 50% after death system felt now like something that would prolong the length of the game instead of an actual crutch.

You know they won't.

Don't act like a nigger in my thread please.

So you just made a thread about it because why

Because there wasn't already I thread. Why are you so autistic? Do sonyfags often mock sony? Is this a common thing?

Anyway, the game was pretty fun in 2008 but it's probably a good thing that the game is being laid to rest. Most people are playing DaSI or III for their multiplayer needs, this game doesn't really need to cater to that audience anymore. Also, it's not like you can't play it solo.

Do you think they're doing this in order to justify a remaster for the piss4?

There's been multiple threads about it since this was all announced in late November/early December. And if you're like me, and only borrowed (?) a PS3 to play this once, I don't honestly see the affection one would have to make a thread about this. Could be that you just don't belong here in the first place.

Oh, so now I'm not part of the seekrit klub? You are one supremely autistic faggot, enjoy this last (you), I can tell you're hungry for them.

Says the user who made a thread about a month old subject he doesn't even seem to care about.

The servers have been fucked for years. If any game needs a remake it's Demon's Souls. They can take that tendency bullshit out too.

Reminds me how fun it was to grind souls to remove curse.

Fuck off you obviously haven't been trying to grind for something only to log back on and have the world tendency reset on all archstones. That's nothing more than RNG bullshit that forced you to play offline to complete side quests and get certain items

consoles were a mistake

You mean when the game wasn't even out yet?

2008, 2009, close enough.

No if you want to be a retard and spread gospel cuckchan might be the board for you.

What the fuck are you talking about. Go be retarded somewhere else.

its a pretty simple mistake to make

don't do this people

There is a ring that reduces that to 75%.
And you will do 30% more damage in soul form if your CT is pure white.

discovering the nuances of the games systems is what makes it so much more interesting than any of the other souls games

Why are you so pissed off at being corrected so other people don't make the same mistake?

Sure, nothing wrong with that
Being butthurt at being corrected is not however, smells like newfaggotry to me.

Did you like being homeschooled?

That's literally every Souls game though

Except 3. Or can you think of anything?

Bloodborne/3 had enough nuances, Bloodborne much more due to being the first one with the revamped engine and having a different combat system.

You may not want that. Everything in the game is probably tied to FPS like how it was in DaS and DaS2. Items will probably break twice as fast, for instance.

I didnt know you would log in to psn right as soon as the console boots, but oh well, at least I still have every ps1/2/3 game out there.

Poor coding can be fixed, look at Zeldo BoTW.

In your dreams, buddy boy!

How well does it emulate?
t.keyboard and mouse player

If you're on a ps3 that doesn't have best emulation (us/jpn 60gb fat ps3s, can't remember specific model numbers), the ps2 emulation is pretty damn awful and you can't play buzz, can't even play ape escape 2 without having the same issues you would have on a ps2 emulator. So really it's just almost every ps1 game and every ps3 game except a few like Stuntman Ignition because I can't find that fucking masterpiece of a game.

not really. this is the same engine as dark souls, older code even. dark souls still has its issues on PC and the games been poked and prodded at by modders. still has 60fps issues so it's not quite worth running it above 30fps.

Here's your (you), kiddo.

Is it really all that different than what's present in III?

If you really believe that the later entries in the series have not improved upon the foundation that DeS established, then you're delusional.

how about we dont

a lot of it isn't. the combat hasn't really improved very much, the bosses are a lot less interesting overall. the level designs suffered, and the games became a lot more samey.

every game in that series has the worst online multiplayer

Jokes on you paisano! I play games with multiplayer components offline.

Ds2 is very fun to invade and duel in. At least it was two years ago, might be dead now.

Combat is a lot better past DeS, bosses definitely lost a lot of variety and uniqueness to more simple action and level designs suffered too.

I disagree. DaSI made general improvements to DeS, for instance the parry timings are more precise and parrying is more responsive, item burden is gone, weapon improvement is better because it's easier to acquire upgrade materials, among other things. DaSII was sort of an anomaly, it made some improvements, but also made strange design decisions, like the power stance was a good addition, but then they added the adaptability stat, and the infamous Soul Memory practically killed the multiplayer. DaSIII is about as innovative as Bloodborne, it's the same basic foundation as DaSI but it also has a number of improvements, like a larger variety of weapons and the addition of weapon arts, for example.

If we looked at each individual game in depth and compared them side by side, I think you'd have to be blinded by nostalgia or corporate loyalty to deny that the later games have made improvements that make DeS very antiquated at this point.

trust me demons souls is the worst.
Spend 20 minutes running around until one of them fucks up and rolls off a cliff. Darksouls 1 is almost as bad.

Darksouls 2 was the best but people will say otherwise because they cant shit on people with low levels and shitty gear in the starter areas. Unfortunately the base game for Ds2 was shit.

And as for Ds3, Why the fuck would you buy it after the abortion that is Ds2?

Decently
if you have the hardware

Antiquated doesn't mean bad though? Core gameplay and the whole game are different things, Demon's souls was more experimental thematically and mechanically. The levels were interesting, the bosses varied and with puzzle-like elements and stylistically it was very different to the later games. This doesn't necissitate that it's better or worse, but it does mean that it's a very different game and liking it becomes a matter of preference instead of analysing mechanical polish. The dark souls series games are all quite similar, so picking a best out of those is pretty logical. Demon's Aouls is not, so you might as well ask whether you like TES, DMC or hell even EDF better than Dark Sous or Demon's Souls.
Frankly, I'm inclined to believe that only pvp junkies actually like dark souls series games dramatically more than demon's souls. (With good reason, since grass wars second chance DBS vs lmao2kat was a fucking nightmare and invasions were only fun in really early days.)

Nah, few issues with Durantes mod
Only worldclippling when you quick descend 2 ladders in the whole game and some object registry in the game which makes the Grat Tree a pain.

Yes, Bloodbornes combat is very different as it emphasizes an agressive approach, the con of that is less build options.

Such as?

RPCS3 already emulates this, and a diligent group of autists will create custom servers to allow co-op AND (limited) pvp. Cap my post NIGGERS

Of course not.
The thing about it is that all of the quirks and general "rust" that the mechanics have accrued over the years, when compared to more recent games, makes it difficult for me to appreciate the various thematic aspects that make this game so appealing, especially when these aspects are present in later games, too. At least that's my opinion, anyway. Maybe you can overlook this game's flaws in order to immerse yourself in its world, but I just can't. To be clear, I'm not saying that any of the other games are "better", just that they're easier to pick up and play, which makes it easier to be invested in. Maybe you see that and think said accessibility is a downside to the more recent games, and I can see that point, I guess. I'm just more receptive to the refined combat mechanics. I'm also not saying that I can't get into DeS anymore, nor do I "hate" the game. For instance, I enjoy DMC1 but I'd rather play DMC3 or 4 any day of the week, and that's just because these games have much more polished gameplay.
I'm not really big on the PvP in any of these games, so no comment.

Yeah, but it's possible to play aggressively in DaSIII, as well. Maybe the player isn't given as much incentive to do so, but it's clearly possible. Bloodborne's weapon transformations are some variation on the Weapon Arts, and the enemies in both games are practically carbon copies as far as their behavior is concerned, so I don't know if I seem all that much of a difference between the games.

sort of, it made little things feel a bit better and gave a bit more utility with things like falling attacks. It really didn't change very much and combat is quite a bit slower. None of the bosses really capitalize on this and you get plenty rehashed fights that only severe to highlight how not particularly great the combat in these games is.

this was a good change

weapon improvements are supposed to be something that brings you through on several playthroughs.

I'd have to be mostly nostalgic for dark souls, since that was the first one I played, but I'm not even nostalgic for that.

nah

it has snappy combat, not as fast as bloodborne but faster than every other dark souls game, truly inventive boss fights that hold up on their raw challenge alone such as the man eaters, and many fights which bring out the greatness in the level design like the armored spider. And one of my favorite things which the other souls games seem too afraid to approach lest they piss off the fans who demand yet more dodge rolling shitfests, emotional boss fights. Maiden Astraea is still a highlight not just for the style of game, but for From Software's entire production history.

Are there any communities running events before then?

I actually bought a used PS3 recently and did a playthrough of DeS. Unfortunately servers are pretty ded as it stands.

That shit happens to pretty much every popular game anyway. It'll just take a bit longer for DeS since consoles a shit.

I don't know what you mean. You can play all of these games both aggressively and defensively. If you mean DeS has enemies with faster attacks and animations, then I would disagree because you can find examples of enemies from later games that are faster than anything you can find in DeS. In DeS, the skeletons from 4-1 and the assassins from 1-3 and 1-4 are probably the fastest things you find in the game, unless I'm blanking on something. DaS is basically a remixed DeS, so most of the enemy types that were in DeS are reused in DaS to some extent, for example the skeletons in the Catacombs use some of the same attacks as the skeletons from DeS. The painting guardians, the undead thieves, the dog enemy types, and those giant cats in the forest are all pretty damn fast.
As for boss battles, although you have a point in saying that there are a few rehashed fights that basically pad out the game, I think that Artorias, Manus, Ornstein and Smough, and Sif are pretty fast paced. I haven't even mentioned any of the enemies from any of the other games.
In my opinion, the majority of the game's bosses are weak. Flamelurker is the highlight of the game if you ask me, with Old Hero and False King Allant coming in behind. The other bosses range from dull to average in terms of challenge. As for Maneaters, they reappear in DaS as the Gargoyles in Undead Parish, although the fight isn't a difficult because there's more room to avoid attacks.
I guess it's true that many of the other boss fights post DeS don't really use the environment to force the player to adapt to enemy attacks. It's creative, but the fight itself is still very simple.
Fair point, I don't have anything to say about that. I will say, though, that at least DaS managed to introduce a cast of characters whose individual story archs are emotional in their own right.

I don't really have anything else to say in the conversation, just happy to say I'm glad we got to share our points with each other. I feel that Demon's Souls isn't a game which can be replaced because the later games are better in some way. I feel that what Demon's Souls did is still exclusive to Demon's Souls and it still stands out among its successors. Not to mention the way it was created is a fascinating story on its own.

Alright, I've been actually playing this game and I'm slightly stuck. I don't want answers, I just want to know if I'm completely retarded or not. I've got the mausoleum key, but I have no fucking clue where the mausoleum is. I've walked around for quite a while and found a couple areas I hadn't been to but none of them are the maosoleum. Is it supposed to be hard to find or am I just a complete idiot? I have yet to check the earlier areas in boletaria but I seriously cannot imagine that it is there. I've gotten very tired of walking around.

I always thought that the online for Souls was shit. Someone always had a huge, bullshit advantage over the other, or else they were dueling which was usually pretty boring.
I preferred to just play offline, no co-op, no invasions.

Here's the general location of the door.
1-1

figures. I checked a little bit but gave up 'cus "there's no way it'd be all the way back here lol"

I forget what it says if you try to open up the door without the key. It's been so long, I don't remember if there are any clues.

I will offer this once since servers are going down and a soul out there might be growing desperate. I have all the weapons and all the rings. If you want to have them *for the trophy*, reply here.

I think Demon's Souls, the first Dark Souls and Bloodborne are all roughly about as good as eachother, but Demon's is my favourite for a variety of reasons, mostly because it's the only game in the series where the quality is consistently high the entire way throughout the game. There's nothing I would change about any of the levels in DeS, which I can't say for any of the rest of the series. It and Bloodborne are the only two games in the series that I would describe as having no 'bad' levels, but even then some areas in BB felt like potential was wasted; Byrgenwerth in particular is essentially a single room and the Lecture Building is just a pair of small corridors stacked on top of each other, making both of them feel like wasted opportunities at best and unnecessary at worst (especially because the Lecture Building doesn't seamlessly connect to any other areas).

Apart from that, other stuff I like about it is:
>every single boss has a unique mechanic that separates it from the rest Dragon God is still shit, granted, leading to no interchangeable punch-ups like Gundyr/Cinder/Dancer/Dragonslayer/Oceiros/Sulyvahn/Nameless' second phase/etc that are all fought in the same way with minor differences and don't stand out from any other run of the mill action game
>soul form actually affects the way you play the game and has a mechanical purpose other than avoiding online play this is also true of DaS2 to be fair, but it handles it differently
Sometimes what isn't there is also just as good as what is, in this case for me being DeS' lack of covenants, which I've always absolutely hated since they were first introduced.

It's nothing to do with nostalgia, DeS is just a good game that has a lot of unique design decisions and mechanics that you can't really get anywhere else, not even within the same series.

I also find it really odd that you called DaS3 innovative here, because what put me off of it initially was how much it thoughtlessly regurgitates concepts and characters from its predecessors. It doesn't have an identity of its own. Andre's there for some reason, Creighton's there for some reason, Patches is there for some reason and again plays a totally unexpected prank on you twice (three times if you count TRC), the witch shares the same name as the witch in DeS, Anor Londo returns, Earthen Peak returns in the DLC and they couldn't even be bothered to give the hub area a different name from the first Dark Souls'.

Farron Keep is just the Valley of Defilement without any of the striking visual design, verticality or themes that made the latter so interesting to look at and explore. You also have Yhorm, where the devs couldn't help themselves from ruining what would've been a serviceable fight for the sake of including an unnecessary DeS reference (which doesn't even make sense in this case, since Yhorm touches the ground whereas in DeS it would've been impossible for melee characters to attack the Storm King without Storm Ruler). Then you have the Soul of Cinder, whose theme transitioning into Gwyn's theme halfway through genuinely made me roll my eyes when I first noticed it.

Even mechanically there's basically nothing new apart from weapon arts, the utility of which is hugely dependent on the weapon you're using, and the ash flask, which is one of the very few things in the game that's both original and well-executed.

For what it's worth, I liked DaS3 enough to play through it and both DLCs twice. It's not a bad game by any means, but it's sure as hell not an innovative one either. It's the most derivative game in the series by a huge margin, I don't think I've ever heard anyone who actually likes DaS3 call it innovative before.
This post is probably way too long but yeah

I'm still not sure if I even want to play the game online. Getting invaded just seems like a pain since everyone has already figured out the craziest bullshit and has 99 fullheal grasses and stuff, I don't really want to have blue phantoms helping me, and messages also seem a bit pointless. The only thing is maybe I'd try to get summoned and help some other people out, but it's not like I'm good at the game or anything.

I have a ps3 phat. Would that be good enough for ps1/2 emulation? I never tried getting any ps2 game except for nocturne and I got that through a pkg file. Im so glad that I can run that game without getting any kind of retarded slowdowns anymore, but the game still dips in framerate during certain attacks, I guess thats how it is.

Forgot to mention that DeS is easily at least the second most non-linear game in the series, arguably the most non-linear of them all, which is another thing I liked about it. One of the most disappointing things about both BB and DaS3 for me was that they're essentially just straight lines with a handful of optional side areas that don't lead anywhere else.

By the time Dark Souls came out, LPs had established themselves widely enough that people who hadn't played Demon's Souls had heard the jokes and memes. I bought Dark Souls on launch day for the 360 hoping to get to relive the confusion and fear of the early days of Demon's Souls and there wasn't much of it to be found. Once it became routine that invaders would bow, the spirit was dead.

I just meant that it's as about as innovative as Bloodborne. Bloodborne's main gimmick is that it forces you to play aggressively, and there are concessions that revolve around this playstyle; the whole health bar mechanism, the practically instant healing with bloodvials, the side strafe that's much faster than rolling, the firearm parrying that keeps you safe from a distance, etc. I agree, DaSIII is very derivative, it rips concepts and characters from the previous entries as nothing more than an appeal to fanservice, but I still think that its mechanical additions are a general improvement to the series. That's more than you can say about DaSII, which managed to make as many mistakes as improvements. The point being that Bloodborne's minor changes to gameplay offer about as much as DaSIII's minor changes.

As for DeS;
Can't you say the same about most of the bosses in DaSI? Yes, I know there are reused fights, but the large majority of bosses in the game are unique in terms of their appearance, their movesets, and their thematic appeal. Maybe you can argue that the general strategy of "dodge the attacks and deal damage during their vulnerable period" is the cornerstone of most combat exchanges in the game, and you'd be right, but you'd have to admit that this is true for DeS as well. As for the other games, while it's true that there are a lot of dull fights, it's also true that there are some memorable ones as well, and DeS has its fair share of dull fights.
I disagree, I think the mechanic is interesting, but it doesn't do anything to give players a sense of solidarity. It's basically just a global death counter that influences the difficulty of the game, and there's nothing one can really do to influence it all that much. If I repeatedly die to make my world tendency pure black, you're not really going to feel it unless the majority of the other people on the servers are doing the same. Even then, there's not really all that much of a difference between pure white and pure black world tendencies to make the transition between them feel substantial, most of the pure world tendency content is optional, and most players won't even notice unless they're making a point of being aware of their tendency and what it entails. Also, it's possible to completely disconnect from the servers and manipulate world tendency according to your own desires, which would totally circumvent any feeling of camaraderie with other players.
Doesn't character tendency just give you more attack power with the Soulrend/Demonrend? That, and it basically just lets you have special dialogue with the assassin who asks you to go and kill certain NPCs. It's not really all that different or more substantial than the optional perks that you get from covenants.
It just cuts your health bar in half, which is itself supposed to be an incentive to do multiplayer, and this is present in DaSII and III as well. I guess it's true that being hollow in DaSI didn't have any real downsides, though. Being cursed cuts your HP, but I feel like it's under utilized, so maybe it isn't worth mentioning.
Do you mean the leaderboards, or are you talking about the personal grade that you could give players at the end of your time, which would affect the amount of souls you'd receive from the boss? That's a nonsense mechanic that I'm glad they got rid of. You could be the best summon anyone could ask for, but some dipshit could just decide to give you a poor grade because "hurr le ebic trole xD". Anyway, I don't need that sort of addition to feel good about helping others, for me the reward is the action itself.
This is pretty subjective, so I won't say much about it, although I like DaSI's sountrack the most.
I would say it's on the same level as DaSII, in DeS you have to go to Boletaria to begin with, then after Phalanx you can go to any of the other worlds, but they're all segmented, so you can't skip Tower of Latria prison to go straight to Maneaters, for example. In DaSI, you have the most freedom after Asylum, even though it is true that it's also segmented to some degree. In DaSII, you can only go to Forest of Fallen Giants or Heide's Tower of Flame before branching out to other areas, and DaSIII is the most linear of the series along with Bloodborne. Obviously, I'm not accounting for glitches

I mean, whatever. To each his own. I think DeS has the best atmosphere of the series, but its approach to gameplay is outdated, and later entries have improved upon it. If I had to have an "official ranking" I'd put it like this: DaSI > DeS > DaSIII = Bloodborne > DaSII but I don't care to rank games like this, because I like them all to different degrees and for different reasons.

I'll be playing the game with a friend in a bit, we never finished new game plus.
If you fags want i can invade you as the PvP boss, I have a pg level 100 who is ideal for the role. I can drop tornado hats and pure anything stones for user who lack them.

You can't stop the voices on someone by making him a martyr.
If anything it will make it immortal and push forward the efforts for a better ps3 emulator.

what a time to be alive.

Ah right, my bad.

Yeah, I definitely think that DeS and DaS are on a different level in this regard compared to the rest of the series, though I'd still say that DeS does it better. The reason I like this sort of thing is because you have to put yourself in your character's shoes to figure out what to do to beat them. Stuff like being able to lead the Ceaseless Discharge off the edge or climb up the Taurus Demon's ladder to jump onto him is really good, creative stuff that you could imagine an adventurer like your character doing, in the same way that you have to put yourself in your character's shoes to figure out how to kill the Fool's Idol or that you have to walk slowly to more effectively fight the Old Monk. On the other hand, you have stuff like O&S or the Capra Demon where the best way to win is by exploiting level geometry, and there's a clear disconnect between you and your character as a result of it. Other weird stuff like the Moonlight Butterfly stopping periodically on the bridge felt like it was included solely because melee characters wouldn't have a way to hit it, which DeS already solved with the Storm Ruler. DeS isn't completely free of this sort of flaw either, given the glitch that lets you kill one of the Maneaters before you enter the arena, but I don't think it was as prevalent in that game.

I think the reason the later games don't have as many bosses like Fool's Idol or Ceaseless Discharge is because pretty much everyone (rightfully) complained about the Bed of Chaos, which was probably the closest thing to a DeS boss in Dark Souls, so that probably put them off of trying it again. The only DeS-ish boss I can think of post-Dark Souls 1 is Micolash.

What I will say that DaS did uniquely well was that you could cut off a bunch of bosses' tails to get weapons from them. It was really satisfying to do and it's a pity that they never tried anything like that again at least I don't think they did, I know you can't do it in BB or DaS3 but I can't remember if you could in DaS2.
I guess it depends on what you value in a boss. I found DeS' bosses overall the easiest in the series without a doubt, but at the same time the puzzle-like design most of them have made them the most engaging to me as well. By contrast, I find something like Friede dull, since the fight is so long and drawn out that it feels like more of an endurance test than a big flashy duel.
It's unfortunate that the game's geared towards
That's true. A detriment of DeS is that it's a lot more prone to exploits like that than the later games, between stuff like how OP magic is and the duplication glitch.
Apart from that, it also:

Soul form also increases the damage you deal in relation to your CT, though. That gives you at least some kind of incentive to be in soul form even when online and presents you with a choice, something that isn't there in either DaS2 or DaS3 (especially the former, since you can still be invaded while hollow anyway). In those two, there's no disadvantage to being in body form apart from the risk of invasion, which I can't imagine happens that often in DaS2 anymore and in my experience doesn't happen that much in 3 either apart from Anor Londo and very rarely in the woods, since everyone seems to stick to the PVP arena now.
That's a good point that sort of thing never happened to me but I know anecdotes aren't really relevant. It's probably for the best that they got rid of it in the end given how memey the community became over time as the series went on, it just felt like a nice cherry on top whenever you got an S or an A for helping someone out.
I'm the same. I think for me it'd go something like DeS > DaS = BB > DaS3 > DaS2, though I haven't played DaS2 in so long that I can't recall if it really as bad as I remember it being. I never played its DLCs and I heard that pretty much all the good stuff was in them.

I forget what point I was going to make here, nevermind.

min-maxing on magic was a mistake

Dubs of truth

Magic is shit to begin with
It does what other stats do but with more levels
Strength is the real way to go I think, never tried dex tho

The only complaint I really have is the limited armor selection.

I had been told that magic was busted in this game so I figured I'd give it a go since I had had trouble with "normal" builds before. Turns out I was just shit. It has been fun but now I'm really hitting the point where I cannot equip fucking anything.
Also I decided to try playing online but everything is exactly the same. Not even any messages. Not sure if something weird is going on since I'm on cfw or what.

If you're actually online you'll be seeing messages, bloodstains, and ghosts everywhere.

Magic is only busted because you can cheap out a lot of enemies with it and even some bosses, and you have virtually infinite casts when starting with the noble, also the starting spell is effectively the best MP/damage ratio.
That said it scales poorly and moonstone/dark moonstone aren't big enough upgrades.

So the question is do I abort and start putting points into strength or keep going with it. I feel like I've been doing fine so far (just killed king allant, not too hard), but I'm afraid of the late game turning to a complete hellhole.

The online doesn't even work correctly for most people anymore. They haven't performed a server maintenance in forever so your game can have horrible audio and frame rate problems, yes, they are associated with being online.

You should build towards a melee weapon at least, Moon Uchigatana or Estoc is a pretty common choice.

Seriously man, wtf. It's shocking and depressing.

Well that was disappointing. Dark Souls > Less polished Dark Souls

I have been using the crescent falchion. I don't feel like it is "carry me through the entire game" material but it has been working so far. I was really bummed when I got the Epee Rapier and it turned out to be pretty shit.

Your hardest challenge will be new game +1
Seriously, it hits like a truck if you don't invest in dex and do a mixed build

That was easier than I expected, even at sub 20 frames

strange how time passes

fucking time travel is amazing

You know the answer. Sadly. there's no choice.

You do know that telling people you're from the future is a violation of federal code S-069f21 section C article 1 & 3, right?

I'm gonna have cite you.

anyone who likes/defends the PVP is soulsborne games is playing them for the wrong reasons. it's always a laggy shitfest, and when they (From) try to balance gear for the PVP tryhards it ruins the PVE.
pvp tryhards are worse than trumpcucks.

Just how fucking retarded do you have to be to think emulating a physical server tied to Atlus' servers is anything short of a miracle?

I ain't gotta told anybody that I'm from the future, just stated that the time travel is amazing!
Anyway, how's my portrait drawn by fresh humie?

lmao fucking cavemen the lot of you

It has so many details in comparison to modern art.

I read about this a while back and went on and played for about a month and I was only able to PvP with a handful of people. It makes sense that they would shut it down because no one does the PvP anymore because the only people that are playing it are either hardcore fans of the first game or they live in a 3rd world country and just got a PS3 and this game 6 months ago.

This is what happens when you're a huge faggot that sucks at video games.

I have DeS but haven't played it yet. The shutdown is good because I don't want other players griefing me in what is supposed to be a singleplayer game. I no longer play any multiplayer at all.

You would have expected them to re-master Demons Souls since it's the one getting shut down and isn't on PC. I don't play remasters anyway because they're usually shit and I'm an original hardware fag (unless I'm playing on PC because dosbox is good enough), so I just find this funny.

You clearly glow in the dark

Fromsoft might remaster DeS exclusively for ps4 though, DaS remaster even include Switch.

You might be on to something there. Still a shame it won't make it's way to PC. I know I just said I'm an original hardwarefag but a good PC port is still a wonderful thing since PCs are so backwards compatible basically allowing a perfect archive of the game, not to mention modding which would mean the potential for permanent fan servers.

But user!
Demons and Bloodborne are the best in the series, that does not stop Sony from being a shit company and consoles from being cancer.

I just tried playing this (emulated cuz noconsole fag) and I have to say it feels super dated. I get that they innovated a lot and introduced a lot of concepts but holy shit, DS1 is miles ahead of this game.
I did like 3 bosses and don't feel like playing anymore, and I say it as a huge Souls fan. Does it get better? Or is DaS being the best just a sonynigger meme?

I have a PC and it is, behind Bloodborne. Lol sorry you never got to play it.

Holy shit, thank you, I lost this last year to a random SD card wipe before I backed it up on my HDD.
You would't happen to have the other edit as well?

Who doesn't have a PC?
It's a common household item

I think it helps if DeS is your first Souls/Borne game. It was for me, though It took me years of being a casual fag until I finally went back and finished it. Vid related is why a lot of people love DeS, sometimes more than the other games in the series.

I really miss this about DeS, I baought DaS1 day one almost, but I got invaded almost constantly by overpowered japs, who would one shot me. That's without counting all the duelist who would invade you and get butt blasted when you heal or used trickery to win or escape, because you didn't have an honorable duel.
Getting invaded by someone more or less your level, who would try and kill you by any means, and having a desperate struggle for survival was great in Demon's Souls.

Yes but someone would need to successfully reverse engineer DES's server code and then host a dedicated server for people to connect to, the former is very unlikely considering the small amount of people likely to actually play the game. Once the servers go down you're stuffed unless a remaster comes out.

>He's a piss easy stealth segment
>It's a stupid NPC black phantom that hardly put a fight because literally no one is playing online anymore
>Everything except Boletaria only has three bosses and the last one is always immediately after the second one
That one level had me so psyched out, but the game was pretty fucking easy. I think I might have overleveled a little bit, maybe. Can't wait to do NG+ in a while and have it completely slaughter me.

The reason they made DaS in the first place was because of rights issues related to DeS, I wouldn't expect a remaster anytime soon.

DeS has the most coherent experience. All the elements of the game fit neatly together with all the elements of the story and atmosphere because they were designed together. They did the best they could to make them fit in DaS but by that point these elements were things that were expected in a Souls game more than things that served a narrative purpose.

But the reason Bloodborne happened was because Sony realized they fucked up after Dark Souls happened. I'd say it's likely, judging by how much Sony loves remasters these days.

Too bad From is owned by Kadokawa
Probably, likely done by the same Texan retards doing the SotC remake though.>>14147738

BLOWN
THE
FUCK
OUT

Seriously why do you make a thread about a game you don't even fucking play? It's clear you don't belong here.

SCE owned the rights to demon's souls and didn't want to do a sequel so From Software went to Bamco and they made Demon's Souls 2 except they sneakily changed the name to Dark Souls. Then Dark Souls became way more popular than Demon's Souls and Sony realized they fucked up and came crawling back and begged them to do another game together so they made Bloodborne.

They're re-releasing Dark Souls 1 for current consoles, why cant they just put DeS on PS4?

Good thing we've got RPCS3 now.

It doesn't really get good until NG++